Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 18:47   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@gto - I was going through the images and saw this. Are these bruises as a result of fiddling with the central console
I think those marks are of condensed water due to the bone chilling air conditioner of this BMW, pretty unusual for a german car but BMW has gone against the tide
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:34   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I would only recommend a 6-cylinder to you. Please also include the 525d that was earlier offered with a 6 cylinder engine. I saw innumerable examples for <30 lakhs.
Yea will keep an eye for those too. Need to keep below the 30 L mark and not get carried away too much.

Quote:
Absolutely. IIRC, the price was 1.5 - 2.0 lakhs for the M-Kit. Steering & paddle shifters are also possible, though what I'd really recommend is a singular focus on finding the right 525d / 530d. Don't buy a 520d. You'll never be as happy with one.
I never liked the look of the F10 when it was launched. However your car with the M-Sport kit totally changed that view. I never knew that the 5 series vcame with a M-Kit. 1.5 -2.0 L is worth it.
Old 1st September 2015, 20:12   #183
BHPian

GTO, Could you help if the multimedia remote also works for the main head unit upfront.
Old 1st September 2015, 21:16   #184
Senior - BHPian

Took my sweet time in reading this one and should say you have raised the bar in Ownership threads now. It was like watching a documentary .

Few days ago my sister brought home the updated Polo and after a while driving and being in it, I figured why Germans are priced higher than others in the same segment and there were so many small features that can put a smile on the owners face and all of them have the quality and class to go with it.

Enjoy the beast and congrats on super buy.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 04:17   #185
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Wish you many more happy miles with the car. Very nice pictures. This review beats all the official reviews.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:15   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@gto - I was going through the images and saw this. Are these bruises as a result of fiddling with the central console?
It looks like condensation from the air conditioning or could be due to Car perfume leakage.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:42   #187
BHPian

Coincidentally, I was looking for one too.

Here's a 2013, 530D MSport spec on sale that's caught my attention.

Almost unused (only 3500km)

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...eries-d908955/

Thane registered, Insurance expired ??, under regular warranty, but not extended. Asking 45 negotiable.

Too good to be true?
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:27   #188
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
there's a version with the dashboard and steering wheel in beige, that’s probably the worst factory fitted colour scheme on a BMW.
That looks just yuck! This is what you are talking about:

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-bmw520dvsmercedesbenze250comparsionroadtestreviewzigwheelsindia07032014m08_560x420.jpg
Source: Zigwheels.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I have personally never bought second hand cars but after reading this I actually told my wife yesterday that instead of upgrading to a new Altis (or something on those lines) in a couple of years, we could aim higher with a pre-worshipped car!
Join the pre-worshipped clan, Avdhesh! Superior car for the same money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Next point, I think I was getting a bit complacent in my investing career but your review has woken me up to earn that extra dough and buy a 530d in 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Ps : Didn't consider 328i at all ?
I did for a brief moment. There was a nearly brand new one for sale at 30 lakhs. However, I loved the F10's styling too much to look away from it. Plus, the 328i didn't meet the 6-cylinder requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
To make your daily garage entry/exit less nerve racking , it might be useful to fix safety liners on both the walls at a hight where the 530 is widest - quite a few modern basement parking areas have these liners.
Thanks for the tip! I got pool noodles installed - related thread.

Just a temporary spot though. I'm going to soon give the garage back to the Jeep and park the 530d outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARR View Post
The hill descent control is only available on the X-drive (4 wheel drive) F10, so its not even an option on the RWD cars
Ah, okay. Thanks! That's one less bone to pick with BMW.

Quote:
The indian F10's don't come with adjustable suspensions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackyboy View Post
I never knew that the 530D came with damper control.
I reconfirmed with BMW. My car has the variable damping. BMW *might* take the feature off future 5-Series, but I don't believe a decision has been taken yet.

Quote:
Your interior color is actually Oyster, not beige. The beige interior is slightly more yellow and the carpets are beige too rather than black.
Yeah, I noticed that BMW's material refers to my interiors as Oyster. Still looks like a light beige to me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
but in my opinion the 5 series blows away everything in its segment in terms of handling.
So true. It's the sharpest from the German trio. You can feel the sheer weight of the car during cornering, yet the grip levels are mind-blowing. Any speed, any corner, she just sticks to tarmac as if the tyres are coated with super glue. I don't think her limits can ever be reached on public roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
I am planning to upgrade in to the premium segment somewhere in end of 2016, I will surely consider a pre-worshipped German like yours.
Awesome! Just make sure to get a model:

1. That's been in production for at least 2 years.

2. Has a track record for reliability.

3. Has warranty options available.

Quote:
I was going through the images and saw this. Are these bruises as a result of fiddling with the central console?
No man, that's water condensation on the air-con vents. Happens whenever we're shooting a car for a review (because the a/c is running and the doors are constantly opened / closed over 3 - 4 hours).

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren83 View Post
GTO, Could you help if the multimedia remote also works for the main head unit upfront.
AFAIK, it doesn't (why do you need it to anyway?).

I might add that losing the remote isn't an option as you can't control the rear entertainment screens without it. Stupidity on the part of BMW - they should have let at least the iDrive control the rear screens if the remote isn't available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
or could be due to Car perfume leakage.
No perfume in my car. The stock smell is too good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Here's a 2013, 530D MSport spec on sale that's caught my attention.
A white 530d M-Sport just makes me drool.

If the car is clean, don't let it go. Such examples are very hard to come by. But be sure to:

- Get a PPI from Navnit or Infinity done. They'll give you the full history of the car. Would highly recommend Laukik @ Navnit (he had performed the PPI on my car).

- It's Thane registered. Do you have a Thane address? If not, you'll be looking at about 2 lakhs in octroi. Insurance is another lakh. Use these two points and bargain hard with him.

- Check if the car is under extended warranty. If so, that's a BIG PLUS. You can take an extension up to 6 years / 120,000 kms. If not, see if BMW would be willing to give you extended warranty. No harm in trying, even though it's a little doubtful as the factory warranty has expired.

IMHO, 40 would be a great price for it. Still, like I mentioned, such examples are very rare. If the car passes all checks and you really like it, a lakh or two here and there doesn't matter for a top-notch piece. I'd paid a premium for my 1st-gen Vtec & Civic and never regretted it. We're anyway saving so much by going the pre-owned route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Yea will keep an eye for those too. Need to keep below the 30 L mark and not get carried away too much.
You'll have to look outside Goa for choice. Here's one that caught my eye. Can easily knock a couple of lakhs off:

Link.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:37   #189
BHPian

A Definitive pre-worshipped Car buying guide . Info courtesy: Just this thread.

1. Check what appeals to eye (like the 530 ':-'D ). You definitely want something which will please you for time to come.
2. Weigh in What you Like Vs What you Don't Like. At this point of time this is just on paper.
3. Research the market, with set of 'Likes' you have.
4. Get some references about the pre-worshipped car history. General feedback from other owners / service record will definitely help.
5. Be patient. This allows to pick a car which is in good life cycle state.
6. Who / How was the car driven effects the longevity. Keeps car rattle free to an extent.
7. Paid pre-purchase inspection is a must. Kind of PDI for pre-worshipped drives.
8. Insurance check - just to double check the owner claims.
9. Color of the car doesn't weigh up as much as mechanicals do. In doubt always give preference to tight car than 'colorful' car.
10. Know yourself all this info (like our MODs / fellow BHPians have) or know somebody who understands this info

Finally, have a plan to spend the saved money - thanks to the awesome, organized, detailed to the core review by GTO.

Just reading the thread is tilting me towards going the pre-worshipped way. Rated the thread ONLY available 5 STAR.

Congratulations !! Happy Motoring !!
SRKHYD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:26   #190
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations again.

One simple question - Over the years i remember reading about your love/admiration for the 3.2 fsi / 3.0 tdi cousins from the B8 A4 bandwagon. So my question is...didnt consider a preworshipped A4 3.0 ???
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:53   #191
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, it doesn't (why do you need it to anyway?).

I might add that losing the remote isn't an option as you can't control the rear entertainment screens without it. Stupidity on the part of BMW - they should have let at least the iDrive control the rear screens if the remote isn't available.
Ohh. I badly need a fix for that. Any ideas (apart from pairing mobile with HU)?

On the trips when I'm not driving the car in city. It's real pain to control ICE from the back

The remote which I got with BMW rear entertainment unit is absolute JUNK. Doesn't even work properly with rear screens, leave alone the main HU.
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:38   #192
BHPian

Congratulations on your latest aquisition GTO...a wonderful set of wheels you put your hard earned monies on.This is by far the best deal I have seen in long times, a pretty young beast at half the price..Lots of happy miles with lots of TORQUE.

We recently opted for a A6 35TDI, that's chaffeur driven most of time and comes no-where-near your beast in driving pleasure.

Your attention-to-detail review, as always, is top notch and step higher than your previous posts.

I see many of the members including support team and moderators(GTO, Vid and Ajmat, etc) haven't updated their garage(View My Garage) in long time. GTO's white beauty is on verge of departing but still hasn't featured in his garage, Vid's garage still has a Lancer & Alto(though his signature has it), Ajmat's garage doesn't have a Jetta yet. Please update it with nice pics
DCharger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:47   #193
BHPian

Though it is none of my business, why would someone sell a car within 5000 KMs/within 2 years of run? I just want to understand the mindset of such a seller at that segment (as I have not yet graduated to that level) and the reasons for selling? May be this will help me prepare for the pre-worshipped route down the line.

1. Some impulse buy (at this prices?) and wants to sell due to unforeseen financial burden - ticks for me to buy
2. Got a lemon and wanted to get rid off or an early accident so got it repaired and selling it off - may not tick for me
3. Bought a 5 series and now heart is set on 7 series, so does not mind/matter losing 20 lakhs by selling and getting his next car - ticks for me
4. Richman's toy and keeps shifting cars after the initial euphoria is over - ticks for me.

I'm just thinking out loud so I can gather enough conviction (apart from saving myself on depreciation hit) for my next buy on a pre-worshipped one, though it's very far off.

Last edited by petrolveins : 2nd September 2015 at 12:49.
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:49   #194
BHPian

Fantastic car and a fantabulous review, GTO . Congratulations and wish you many happy (s)miles with the monster. So, now that you have a 4 cylinder (Civic), a 6 cylinder (530d), can we expect an 8 cylinder few years down the line?
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You'll have to look outside Goa for choice. Here's one that caught my eye. Can easily knock a couple of lakhs off:

Link.
I'll definitely look outside Goa. The cars available in Goa are too few and too expensive. The car in the link looks good.
I normally have no issues with buying something with a lot of kms on the clock if it is well maintained. But going by your threads I was looking at a car run not more than 25 K kms.
One way of thinking is that higher milege cars will have work coming up so it's dangerous to buy. On the other hand if there is a single owner car done over a lakh kms (I found one with around 1.6L kms and one with 2.2 L kms) it means it probably ran trouble free and that's why the owner used it so long. Now I'm confused.

Most Viewed