Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 13:45   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

Quote:
Does the flat tyre monitor continue to work if the tyres are changed to regular ones from the run-flats?
Yes , it will work fine . Sensor is attached to the inside of the rim and these senses the air pressure inside the tire.
Old 24th September 2015, 16:37   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Highly recommended a 530d M sport to a friend after going through your comprehensive review and here it is...

He bought it in the trademark BMW Blue with Oyster Grey(?) interiors. Looks smashing!
Congrats. What was the OTR price in Gujarat. Did he opt for the BSI package?
Old 24th September 2015, 18:59   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes , it will work fine . Sensor is attached to the inside of the rim and these senses the air pressure inside the tire.
On Indian cars there is no sensor. It works on the rotation speed based on the ABS sensor. Indian cars get tyre pressure loss warning.

The tyre pressure monitoring actually has a physical sensor, and is available on CBUs.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 21:08   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It works on the rotation speed based on the ABS sensor
That's interesting - are you sure this is true across all CKD Cars or are there exception like 530-D ?
Old 25th September 2015, 03:07   #275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That's interesting - are you sure this is true across all CKD Cars or are there exception like 530-D ?
100% sure. All the CKDs have tyre pressure loss warning. It measures the rotation speed on each tire, and if one is rotating at a different rate than the others (due to a loss in pressure) it gives you a message.
Old 25th September 2015, 10:44   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Rush, Sorry for delay in wishing you.

Many Many Congratulations to you for getting one of the best driving machine with that super punchy diesel. According to me, 5 is the perfectly sized car (7 is too big, 3 is too small) that combines everything (comfort, power, ride, handling) into one beautiful package

I keep telling my friends when they ask me which is one car (affordable vs. unaffordable) that you wish to own in this lifetime. My answer for the possibly affordable car always had been a "530D" and the mighty "Godzilla" falls under the category of owning an unaffordable car

Quality of the review is so comprehensive, its as one stop review for anyone contemplating to buy a pre-owned

Have fun and drive safe !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th September 2015 at 10:45.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 16:45   #277
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
100% sure. All the CKDs have tyre pressure loss warning. It measures the rotation speed on each tire, and if one is rotating at a different rate than the others (due to a loss in pressure) it gives you a message.
Thanks!

So that means it's more of a 'puncture warning system' than 'tyre pressure monitoring'. I doubt the former will be able to detect a loss of 2 - 3 PSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Many Many Congratulations to you for getting one of the best driving machine with that super punchy diesel. According to me, 5 is the perfectly sized car (7 is too big, 3 is too small) that combines everything (comfort, power, ride, handling) into one beautiful package
Thanks Avi.
Old 26th September 2015, 16:53   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks!

So that means it's more of a 'puncture warning system' than 'tyre pressure monitoring'. I doubt the former will be able to detect a loss of 2 - 3 PSI.
Sometimes it does, weirdly enough. Its unpredictable to be honest. Am looking into retrofitting proper tyre pressure monitor, on which we will be able to see pressure and temperature in real time.
Old 29th September 2015, 08:20   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
On a serious note, after the recent scandal respect for BMW has grown in my heart. Somehow i can't say that's true with a Merc.
Quote:
Agreed on BMW. But what wrong did Mercedes do? I'm 100% sure they would clear any emissions test as well.
There it goes, its Mercedes turn now.

link
super.cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 09:33   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Rush, congrats on your new car! Seeing the pictures and overall quality, I guess there is no harm calling it a 'new' car.

A RWD with huge torque is just super fun to drive. Being a BMW, I'm sure you must be enjoying every bit of it - Cocooned in luxury.

Once again, congrats on the car, enjoy it to the very last bit!
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 17:37   #281
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
There it goes, its Mercedes turn now.
I disagree. This isn't anything like VW's emissions scam. Let's continue on the other thread instead of taking this one off-topic. My reply there:

Quote:
I don't understand what's the news in this. It's an accepted fact that official fuel economy figures are calculated 'under ideal test conditions'.

How many Hero Honda bikes give 100 kpl in real life? Our very own ARAI certifies cars for 25 kpl. How many of them match it?

The article says that in 2001, the difference between claimed & real world numbers was slimmer. That's probably down to the addition of gears. 7 & 8 ratio gearboxes are commonplace today. These make a difference on the highway only (not in the city where they are rarely engaged) and - I have a feeling - help the 'ideal test conditions' numbers too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
A RWD with huge torque is just super fun to drive. Being a BMW, I'm sure you must be enjoying every bit of it - Cocooned in luxury.
Thank you Dhanushs!
Old 29th September 2015, 17:44   #282
BHPian

Awesome thread GTO. Read it in parts over the past several days, and thoroughly loved it.

As someone who loves cars, and previously owned a V6 Accord, I had always told myself that the next car should be a 6 cylinder BMW. Of course, work has changed plans some, and I dont own a car here in Manila now. But reading your detailed note about the 530d, I felt compelled to check online used car dealership sites, just to get a sense of the price. The power and ride sounds awesome, and the features are just amazing. Hopefully sometime, is what I'm telling myself.

Great pictures, and the small yet significant details really made for a great read. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your ride!
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 08:17   #283
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualdanger View Post
Great pictures, and the small yet significant details really made for a great read. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your ride!
Thank you, Virtualdanger.

Quote:
As someone who loves cars, and previously owned a V6 Accord
That engine is insane .

Quote:
But reading your detailed note about the 530d, I felt compelled to check online used car dealership sites, just to get a sense of the price.
I guess cars in the Philippines are as overpriced as cars in India?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:38   #284
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Correction* - Thanks to S2!!! for pointing it out.

Quote:
The engine might be an all-rounder in terms of performance & NVH, however fuel economy is a weak point. I've been getting merely 7 - 7.5 kpl in the city and 10 - 11 kpl on the highway. It's only on the arrow straight Mumbai-Pune expressway where I've seen 13 kpl. On a regular Indian highway like the Mumbai-Nashik one, the car will deliver ~11 kpl. For the record, the ARAI rating is 14.69 kpl.
Changed in the review. It was the earlier 530d that had an ARAI rating of 16.20 kpl. I guess the fatter tyres, higher power rating & additional weight (from the new equipment) took its toll.

Source.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:59   #285
BHPian

Quote:

I guess cars in the Philippines are as overpriced as cars in India?
Yes, pricing is largely similar. There are some differences, and some models are comparatively cheaper, but mostly its the same. I have not analyzed it in too much detail, as I'm not looking to buy a car here, but the little that I've learnt:
  • Toyota cars are considerably cheaper, as I understand they are built locally. The Vios comparable to the City, is about 20% cheaper.
  • The Vios is the most popular cab car here, Honda has some regulation wherein their cars cannot be used as cabs.
  • Honda cars though comparable, have a premium over others (Toyata, Mazda, Kia, Nissan) and when it comes to resale, they command a better price.
  • The line-up within the brands are larger; for example Toyota sells the Rav4, FJ Cruiser, several vans, MPVs, etc.
  • While you see the occasional BMW, Mercedes, and Audi, its nowhere as common as in India.
  • Inversely, the Mustang, and Challenger are quite popular, and every other day I see one or two.
  • The Chrysler brand has some presence as well.
  • The Swift and Alto are available here, but not very popular. You see the occasional Tata Indigo as well. (Not having to see a gazillion Swifts every-time I'm out on the road is a relief though)
  • Used car prices are considerably higher. As much as double what similarly aged models go for in India (specifically Chennai).
virtualdanger is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks