Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 03:44   #391
mxh
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

While researching on the topic I found that there is actually a BMW branded range of additives. I guess this is probably what Turbanator is referring to. Take a look at this site: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1199119
There seems to be little consensus on the efficacy of the additives though.

Last edited by mxh : 26th February 2016 at 03:47.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 18:06   #392
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A baraat yesterday had 258 horses in its procession .

Decked her up for a close cousin's wedding. Original plan was to open up the Jeep, but it was simply too damn hot on Sunday.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20160228_141513.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
While researching on the topic I found that there is actually a BMW branded range of additives.
Just creating an extra source of income. I'm not buying unless the BMW owner's manual explicitly & strongly recommends these additives.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:41   #393
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just creating an extra source of income. I'm not buying unless the BMW owner's manual explicitly & strongly recommends these additives.
I agree with this too, I was simply pointing out that it's probably officially available with BMW branding. As for oil additives I wonder why anyone would buy these given that synthetic oil already is a blend of oil plus various additives and adding further stuff into it might not do any good but could do a world of bad if it clashes with the chemical composition of the oil.
I am curious about how much it costs to run your BMW, it would be very helpful if you could let us know the costs incurred since your purchase. And have you bought or planned any accessories for the car recently?
mxh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:43   #394
Senior - BHPian

Perfect "Doli" car, hope the car was driven in comfort mode only for this occasion. Have you got the 530D serviced buddy? I remember that your car was showing some 2000 kms or some thing like that, decided on which tyres are you planning to shift to now?

I got my car in october but it seems that 1st service for new cars is limited to 1 year max from date of manufacture, have completed 4000 kms and the iDrive shows 7000 kms to service but it is due by June,2016 (that is when the car was manufactured). Going out of India for 2 months so the odometer would remain stuck as dad drives it less, not worrying about it since i already have a 3 year BSI pack , they can do as many services as they like. Do not think that this 1 year cap would apply after 1st service.

A relative who owns a 520D told me that when the distance to service drops to 2000 kms, you can send the car in for service, his BSI was expiring and the car was showing 2400 kms to service, the dealer asked him to drive 400 kms and they would do it under BSI, quite honest i must say. Is there any service light that glows in instrument cluster along with iDrive warnings?

Last edited by coolboy007 : 2nd March 2016 at 17:45.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:30   #395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
when the distance to service drops to 2000 kms, you can send the car in for service, his BSI was expiring and the car was showing 2400 kms to service, the dealer asked him to drive 400 kms and they would do it under BSI, quite honest i must say. Is there any service light that glows in instrument cluster along with iDrive warnings?
I think they accept more like within 800-1000 KM normally but given the time line they could have gone ahead. BMW normally supports dealerships.
Yes you will get reminder alerts on idrive / dashboard when its time to service or you can go to service requirement menu via i-drive and check for oil , brake oil , brake pads as well other service requirements.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd March 2016 at 18:38.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:34   #396
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
As for oil additives I wonder why anyone would buy these given that synthetic oil already is a blend of oil plus various additives and adding further stuff into it might not do any good but could do a world of bad if it clashes with the chemical composition of the oil.

Quote:
I am curious about how much it costs to run your BMW, it would be very helpful if you could let us know the costs incurred since your purchase. And have you bought or planned any accessories for the car recently?
Nothing as of now. Only notable cost has been 85k for the zero-dep insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
hope the car was driven in comfort mode only for this occasion

Quote:
Have you got the 530D serviced buddy?
Just sent her in for a service. Advisor tells me that the 2nd service isn't much more than an engine oil + filter change.
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:41   #397
Senior - BHPian

Oh god. You didnt do that really. Sorry if this post is just one liner and will probably be deleted. But i have to say...You didnt really do that!!! As an expression
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 08:39   #398

Wow what a review, totally mesmerised.. GTO pls pls find one for me as well, have been searching a lot online but in vain, also kindly suggest what are the differences in the new model and the one you got.
Old 4th March 2016, 12:06   #399
Senior - BHPian

Love your pre worshipped beast. The quality levels are immaculate and I agree that this segment of cars are just the right size to 'feel' German Engineering.

Now that you've sold your beloved Civic, is there any plan to get a high revving petrol? You are self-confessed 'petrolhead', and while the modern day diesels (especially if it is a six cylinder) make most petrol cars irrelevant (in terms of performance needs), the sheer feeling or revving the petrol engine is something unique to petrol cars. I am sure the urge of slick manual tranny must also be tempting..

Any plans there? What about pre-loved Laura RS?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 14:05   #400
BHPian

Hey GTO,

After going through your thread I have decided to buy a 530 d as well

I've been scouting for one since a while now and have got the below offer.
Make: 2012, Registration: 2013, first owner, Km: 12600, Mumbai registration, pristine condition- Asking of 40 lacs!

It has the 5 year BSI pack since 2013- which is still valid.

IMO this is not a fair price. How much do you think I should counter?

Thanks!
Old 4th March 2016, 20:25   #401
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Oh god. You didnt do that really. Sorry if this post is just one liner and will probably be deleted. But i have to say...You didnt really do that!!! As an expression
Anything for family, buddy! Plus, I believe cars are meant to be used, in whatever possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxykiller View Post
GTO pls pls find one for me as well, have been searching a lot online but in vain
Keep searching online, call the used car department of all BMW showrooms and get in touch with all the big used car dealers. Shouldn't take you too much time if you do it diligently.

Quote:
also kindly suggest what are the differences in the new model and the one you got.
Lots of differences! BMW & Mercedes roll out updates every year. The 2016 5-Series has a mind-blowing sound system, sportier steering, digital meters, touch interface for iDrive, a different rim design etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Now that you've sold your beloved Civic, is there any plan to get a high revving petrol? You are self-confessed 'petrolhead', and while the modern day diesels (especially if it is a six cylinder) make most petrol cars irrelevant (in terms of performance needs), the sheer feeling or revving the petrol engine is something unique to petrol cars.
A petrol MT is a petrol MT. There are many days when I miss my 1st-gen City Vtec & the Civic.

But the last thing I need right now is another car. As it is, my cars are not used frequently. And there are so many new launches that I keep driving for our reviews. So, in that sense, I have superb variety every month and thus, don't have any plans to buy another car right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan View Post
Make: 2012, Registration: 2013, first owner, Km: 12600, Mumbai registration, pristine condition- Asking of 40 lacs!
He's gone mad. Let his car gather dust for a while. For 40 lakhs, you can get a 2013 M-Sport. His car will fetch in the low 30s at the most. Go check it out, sit on the table and bargain with the owner.

Also, why don't you go test this car out? Knock a couple of lakhs off and it should be a good deal. Has been on sale for a while.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 14:11   #402
BHPian

Saturday newspaper, Bird automotive Gurgaon advertised for a 530 D M sport- 2015- Imperial Blue- 5076 kms.
And 2 GT's, both 2015 and done about 12000 kms.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:20   #403
BHPian

May be one day on your 530d, GTO?

johannskaria is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 22:06   #404

Hey GTO how safe is it to buy 50k kms run car? In short span of 26 months...
Old 9th March 2016, 08:14   #405
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
May be one day on your 530d, GTO?
Love them performance exhausts, but I don't think they go well with diesels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxykiller View Post
Hey GTO how safe is it to buy 50k kms run car? In short span of 26 months...
Would have to be a seriously good deal (price wise) and safety wise (possibility of warranty). For a complex European car, I wouldn't buy a 50k km car unless it was immaculately maintained and came with a long warranty.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks