Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 22:11   #46
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

Dear GTO,

Heartiest Congratulation to you and I am really Happy to see your garage grow big sir,

Also very nice and detailed review written,its great to see you as well,

My best wishes to you as always,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
anupam00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 22:18   #47
BHPian

Congrats GTO. That's one sweet looking ride. Lot of happy times ahead. Cheers.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 22:25   #48
BHPian

You Sir, are one hell of a reviewer. I've never seen a review being written with such passion and eye to detail. Well, even the most hard headed Merc and Audi fanboys would tip over, tongue rolled out after reading your Beemer's review. Massive congratulations to your acquisition and enjoy it to the fullest, GTO
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 22:29   #49
BHPian

GTO, congratulations on an absolutely brilliant purchase !! Its rare the heart and head can shake hands and agree

The review is truly befitting the car.

Enjoy !
Ash_vtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 22:56   #50
BHPian

Wow. A very good buy GTO. I Spent over an hour going through every bit of this thread! Loved the custom bhp sticker
kp1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:04   #51
BHPian

Congratulations on a great buy!

I feel the tiptronic shift orientation in BMW makes more sense than VW.

When braking hard into a corner hanging from the seatbelt, it's easier to push the gear lever forward and the opposite is true when accelerating hard pinned into the seat.

I personally loved the BMW gearbox. The 8 speed also seems to have no hesitation at all shifting down compared to DSG, and is much smoother while doing so.
Diesel_convert is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:07   #52
BHPian

What have you done!!! Now nothing else will do!

Congratulations GTO! Insane levels of details. I am quite sure most owners wouldn't know a few of them! You have a way cracking these pre-worshipped deals. None of your cars look like they are pre-worshipped. Lots to learn!

I had driven the BMW India's media 530d many moons ago and that experience is still fresh in my mind. The brutal acceleration is something you are not prepared for. My head was spinning for a while once my friend was done driving this. That experience was only matched / topped by the RS7 experience. I believe you quoted somewhere that this is the perfect car in many ways and makes the M5 look like an unnecessary excess.

How much should one set aside for maintaining one if one lands up buying a piece which doesn't have warranty/BSI?

What does the M-Sport get over the regular 530d besides the body kit, and some other cosmetic bits?

I was always smitten by this one and had philandered to other beauties but your thread has made me fall back in love with this one!
miharbe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

"There is more to life than kpl." Amen. I'll drink to that. Wow! Whaaat a review. I normally go through only under-30-L car reviews, as anything about 30 L is big money for me. But this one? You had me glued buddy. Way to go And yesss, buying used does make a lot of sense for an enthusiast who keeps changing his cars often , as depreciation hit is already suffered by first-buyer.

There is no replacement for displacement and for no. of cylinders. Super car makers ain't no fools who make V12s with 7 litre engines. I grin from ear to ear every time I take my cousin's 2005 Accord V6 automatic. Now, if this 10 year old 225 BHP/285 NM torque car gives so much fun then I can imagine how much fun you must be having with your 530D.

BTW, can I ask you why you did not consider a pre-owned Nissan 370Z or something similar. It is a V6, too, and additionally it is a 2-door sports car with gorgeous lines. A serious eye-candy. You already have two sedans. Ok, one. Sunny. I do not consider a Civic a sedan. That would be a boring word to describe gorgeous Civic. Haha...

And, oh yes. Welcome to the automatic club.

Last edited by pgsagar : 27th August 2015 at 23:18.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:23   #54
BHPian

Heartfelt congratulations GTO. This website has seen lots of detailed reviews. But this one; mind-blowing!
Happy Revvin'
satrikon_454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:36   #55
BHPian

Hearty congratulations GTO on acquiring a mean machine. It's one of the best handling cars in business.

I had the pleasure of driving my friend's 1998 (if I remember correctly) BMW 540i (the famous E39 series) when I was in U.S. The best part was it was a stick shift which was extremely rare to find especially in U.S. With close to 300 horses and 460Nm torque it would never run out of breath. I found the handling to be the best among all the European cars I drove (Audi A4, A5, Merc 220, Jetta, etc.). It was also the most fun car among the Bimmers I drove ( 540i, 325ci, 645i) purely because of the stick shift with great power (although 325ci was also a stick shift it was much low powered compared to 540i).

The only concern I see with these European cars ( which you already pointed out in your write up) is they burn a hole in the pocket when it comes to servicing or repairs. The engine itself on these bimmers is bullet proof but the parts around it is what is concerning as they start breaking down once it crosses ~70k miles. I hope and sincerely wish you don't have to deal with any of that.

Wishing you countless happy miles...be safe...!!!
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:40   #56
BANNED

Just noticed one more thing, that I realized now when I was going through the pictures in the review again.

" GTO BHP? "

Excellent!

Last edited by a4anurag : 27th August 2015 at 23:41.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 23:49   #57
BHPian

Glued to it till the last. Amazingly written. Congrats and safe driving GTO.
jamesdraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 00:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

What a mega review, for a mega car and from our mega mod. Your attention to detail surpasses the germans as well, what a brilliant thread and the photos have come out so beautiful. BMW are my personal favourite and it is all down to their approach of giving "sheer driving pleasure".

Your 530D looks amazing and am sure you will be happy as all other BMW owners are, had so much fun going through the full review and one thing is for sure, only the Germans know how to make a luxury car.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 00:13   #59
BHPian

By the way forgot to mention...the HUD and the entertainment system for the rear passengers are stunning!!!
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 00:17   #60
BHPian

Hello GTO,
This is a marvellous review of your new BMW 530D. Your ownership report is absolutely breathtaking in content and quality. The details are next to perfection with carefully worded lines. The pictures clicked are wonderful and show every aspect of the car.

It took me sometime to finish reading every bit of it. I wonder how long it took you to write it up.

Your tag line "There is more to life than kpl." expressess everything!!
embee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed