Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2018, 10:13   #901
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,480
Thanked: 2,077 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
The rear alloys of my BMW-530d-sport-f10 are badly bent.

2. The second option for me is to get the alloys replaced (but not from BMW auth outlet). some of the pictures of the options for the alloys are here.
That second one is a fake Vossen btw. Do not buy. The rest also appear to be some no name chinese stuff.
reignofchaos is offline  
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:43   #902
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 49
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
That second one is a fake Vossen btw. Do not buy. The rest also appear to be some no name chinese stuff.
Yes! Agree. Did research at my end too and realised that the market is flooded with these fakes as well as replicas of BMW/ Merc alloys
ashishkashyap is offline  
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:46   #903
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,690
Thanked: 2,771 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
Yes! Agree. Did research at my end too and realised that the market is flooded with these fakes as well as replicas of BMW/ Merc alloys
Remember you have a powerful car, Alloys & Tyres are the only contact you have with the road, NEVER compromise with them, Buying alloys these days are a pain, Like you said replica's and fake ones are out there everywhere, A trusted seller is a must.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:46   #904
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 49
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubhamGhute View Post
I was surfing through OLX and found these beautiful 530D M-Sport 18” alloys for sale in Bombay. As per product details, seller is having a set of 4 alloys for sale at a competitive price. The design is exactly similar to GTO’s 530D. I am attaching product link.

https://www.olx.in/item/mag-alloy-wh...-ID1j7Xwd.html
These could also be replicas? This is too low a price for originals.
ashishkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:56   #905
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10,119
Thanked: 10,036 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
These could also be replicas? This is too low a price for originals.
Actually those are most probably originals. And the price is about 10-12k too high for them. Why the low price for these original rims? The market has lots of 18" 530d rims, even the newer style ones. There aren't too many takers.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 15:22   #906
BHPian
 
ShubhamGhute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 73
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
These could also be replicas? This is too low a price for originals.
IMHO those aren’t replicas or fake alloys. They might have been taken out from a salvaged 530D or there might be some similar kind of story. Salvaged car parts go for a dirt cheap price. Infact as moderator Akshay1234 has mentioned, these alloys are overpriced by atleast 10k. Try to bargain hard as these fancy alloys aren’t fast moving items.

Please do check the authenticity.


Last edited by ShubhamGhute : 22nd April 2018 at 15:40.
ShubhamGhute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2018, 17:34   #907
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: kolkata
Posts: 398
Thanked: 704 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
GTO- Speak to Saifee to source the tyres. He managed to get me RS5 size of 265/35R19 Michelin PS that are very rare. I was on the verge of getting them from tirerack.com but he got them cheaper in barely a weeks time.
18-19 inchers in broad (275) profiles are a little difficult to source.

My search for 19 inchers at Saifee yielded 1.5 year old tyres. Did you get fresh stock (manufactured within the past 1 year)?

A bit OT, but isn't RS5 size 275/35R19?

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2018 at 22:46. Reason: typo, caps, formatting
octane1002 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd April 2018, 22:49   #908
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 60,887
Thanked: 201,259 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuakeys View Post
It was nice meeting you GTO.
Likewise buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShubhamGhute View Post
I was surfing through OLX and found these beautiful 530D M-Sport 18” alloys for sale in Bombay.
Look like original. Either the owner upgraded his rims, or from a salvage car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
The market has lots of 18" 530d rims, even the newer style ones.
Please let me know if you come across the facelift's 5-spoke design. Would love them on my car.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 10:25   #909
BHPian
 
ShubhamGhute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Pune
Posts: 73
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Please let me know if you come across the facelift's 5-spoke design. Would love them on my car.
Found these BMW 530D M-Sport facelift’s alloy for sale in Chennai. These are same as BHPian Tanveer_2558’s 530D M-Sport.

https://www.olx.in/item/bmw-m-sport-...-ID1jjfhZ.html

There are few M5 alloys for sale as well and they seem to be original. Wonder why someone would replace those gorgeous M5 alloys

Last edited by ShubhamGhute : 23rd April 2018 at 10:46.
ShubhamGhute is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:24   #910
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,150
Thanked: 8,678 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
The rear alloys of my BMW-530d-sport-f10 are badly bent. Which is why the noise that i had complained about few days ago on this forum too.

Request views on the two options :

1. Is there a way to get the alloys repaired? Any expert in Gurgaon or Delhi?

2. The second option for me is to get the alloys replaced (but not from BMW auth outlet). some of the pictures of the options for the alloys are here.
What I have observed in most of Delhi is that the wheels are Chinese and they are branded as some expensive brand and sold at ridiculous margins. It's probably the worst place to buy alloys. My observation is for stores across NCR. However, because of rich people around the MG road area, that area is the worst for this.

Beautiful showrooms but generally Chinese wheels. Very few genuinely branded wheels.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 09:52   #911
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 60,887
Thanked: 201,259 Times
Default

So, the 530d recently went in for her annual service. The entire process was smooth as butter. One reason is I didn't have any major issues with the car. Second & more important, BHPian Maverick5490 is now the Technical Head of the Infinity workshop @ Turbhe. You can't imagine the relief - it's like having your car sent across to a longtime friend. I've been interacting with Maverick since years, although I haven't met him yet. Such is the friendship one develops on Team-BHP !

I'm pleasantly surprised with the fair cost of maintenance. The bill of this annual service was about Rs. 25,000, with some repairs + GST included. I also asked them to detail the 5-Series inside out for ~15 grand more. The service costs I'm seeing are not that much more than many luxury sedans costing far lesser; I'm also spending lesser money on her maintenance than I did with my C220 a decade ago! Heck, I just paid 19 grand for my Jeep's annual service & repairs recently (related post).

After living with the 530d for so long & using it as my primary ride, I'll go ahead and state that this is the perfect fast sedan for India; my only grouses being the cramped rear legroom, obscene cost of tyre replacement + short tyre life of ~20,000 km. In all other areas, the 530d is simply magnificent.

Bill 1:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-1.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-2.jpg

Bill 2 (parts):
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-3.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-4.jpg

Work performed:

• Full service, as per BMW's schedule.

• Engine oil change wasn't due as it's under 6,000 km or so since my last visit. I like BMW's condition-based oil changes which means I don't have to change the oil every year (annual running is less than 10,000 as she's not a daily driver).

• Weirdly, the brake pads still have 6 - 7 mm of life left in them!! I still haven't changed them in my time with the car (previous owner would surely have). I can attribute their long life to two things - over 50% of her running so far has been on the highway and my generously using the paddle shifters for engine braking.

• Headlamp washer changed. Was damaged due to improper installation I'm told (repair done outside).

• Boot lid panel gap was a bit more on the right hand side. Fixed under warranty.

• Glovebox light not working. Bulb replaced.

• Driver's door speaker cover is loose. Needed replacement. Wrong part came in, hence will be changed at the next service in 2019.

• Thought I should replace the battery as it's 4.5 years old now, but was told that it easily has a year of life left. Wow. I don't remember any OEM battery of mine lasting more than 3 - 4 years. If this one goes to next year, it'll be the only battery I've owned with a 5+ year life.

• Full exterior + interior detailing. Car will be 5 years old soon and such beauty treatment is important to concealing her age.

• As I'd mentioned earlier in this thread, the driver's door handle (on the inside) had worn out too much and was looking dirty. I put this as a manufacturing defect. Maverick checked the other 3 door handles and they were bad too (I never noticed them). BMW's warranty offered to cover 70% of the replacement cost which Maverick & I both felt is fair due to the car's age. All 4 replaced.

• Brake fluid service as prompted by the onboard comp.

• Maverick said that one of the O2 sensors is faulty. I never noticed it as there was no warning light or any change in performance. Replaced under warranty. As you can see, the extended warranty has more than paid for itself over the years.

• Painting the exhaust tips in black again. Some of its black paint had gotten uneven (due to heat??).

• Why am I having all these small things attended to? Simply because, at this point, the car is almost 5 years old. If these little things aren't sorted, they all add up and the car starts feeling 'aged'.

Shot yesterday morning when I'd gone for a meeting. Looks cool for a 5-year old, no?
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-5.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-6.jpg

Workshop pics shared by Maverick5490:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-7.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-8.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-9.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-9b.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-10.jpg

The driver's door handle which prematurely wore out. Looked damn ugly:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-11.jpg

Maverick proactively checked & pointed out that the others had gone bad too (I hadn't even noticed these as I'm primarily in the driver's seat):
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-12.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-13.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-14.jpg

All 4 replaced, with 70% of the cost being covered under the extended warranty . If BMW were to extend my 6-year warranty by another year or two, I'll gladly pay them a good premium for the same:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-15.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2018 at 09:55.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2018, 13:46   #912
Senior - BHPian
 
Tanveer_2558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,690
Thanked: 2,771 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
more important, BHPian Maverick5490 is now the Technical Head of the Infinity workshop @ Turbhe. You can't imagine the relief - it's like having your car sent across to a longtime friend. I've been interacting with Maverick since years, although I haven't met him yet. Such is the friendship one develops on Team-BHP !
Regardless of how good service experience i have been enjoying at Navneet thane & my SA there, I would love a Team-Bhpian to handle my car for sure, Will hit up Maverick5490 for my next service.


Quote:
After living with the 530d for so long & using it as my primary ride, I'll go ahead and state that this is the perfect fast sedan for India; my only grouses being the cramped rear legroom, obscene cost of tyre replacement + short tyre life of ~20,000 km. In all other areas, the 530d is simply magnificent.
Honestly this very might just be the car that i'd keep for a long time, Rear legroom surely is an issue but mostly i am just with + 1 or alone in the car. Such an all rounder this is.

Quote:
Thought I should replace the battery as it's 4.5 years old now, but was told that it easily has a year of life left. Wow. I don't remember any OEM battery of mine lasting more than 3 - 4 years. If this one goes to next year, it'll be the only battery I've owned with a 5+ year life.
Same with mine, I know a guy with a 520d who's in the 6th year on the same stock battery, Only thing is his car is the daily driver. BMW Battery's are known to last well enough if the car is used regularly i suppose.


Quote:
As I'd mentioned earlier in this thread, the driver's door handle (on the inside) had worn out too much and was looking dirty. I put this as a manufacturing defect. Maverick checked the other 3 door handles and they were bad too (I never noticed them). BMW's warranty offered to cover 70% of the replacement cost which Maverick & I both felt is fair due to the car's age. All 4 replaced.
That's crazy good, Even my Driver's side handle is badly worn, Rest of them are fine, Ill have a word with Maverick if something can be done about the drivers side one, Surely a sore point.

Quote:
Why am I having all these small things attended to? Simply because, at this point, the car is almost 5 years old. If these little things aren't sorted, they all add up and the car starts feeling 'aged'.
Exactly the kind of attention to detail i like on my car.

Quote:
Shot yesterday morning when I'd gone for a meeting. Looks cool for a 5-year old, no?
Looks as new as she can get man!

Quote:
The driver's door handle which prematurely wore out. Looked damn ugly:
Ill put a picture of mine soon, Its surely not as bad as this but i would love to get it changed.

Quote:
Maverick proactively checked & pointed out that the others had gone bad too (I hadn't even noticed these as I'm primarily in the driver's seat):
Exactly what i'd love from my SA.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:48   #913
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 60,887
Thanked: 201,259 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Honestly this very might just be the car that i'd keep for a long time, Rear legroom surely is an issue but mostly i am just with + 1 or alone in the car. Such an all rounder this is.
You should. Even if I was in the market, none of the newer options appeal to me. The new E-Class is best suited as a chauffeur-driven car (LWB makes it boring to drive), while I hate the front-end styling of the G30. Like the E60, it's not a car I'd like to bring home as styling is almost as important as the engine to me. Audi doesn't have the 3.0 liter anymore in its A6. Jaguar remains a mixed bag and the Lexus cannot compare to this driving experience. Net net, take care of your car and hold onto her for a long time .

Quote:
I know a guy with a 520d who's in the 6th year on the same stock battery, Only thing is his car is the daily driver. BMW Battery's are known to last well enough if the car is used regularly i suppose.
6 years? That's insane.

Quote:
Even my Driver's side handle is badly worn
It's 100% a manufacturing defect. Wrong quality material chosen by BMW.
GTO is offline  
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:17   #914
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10,119
Thanked: 10,036 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

6 years? That's insane.

It's 100% a manufacturing defect. Wrong quality material chosen by BMW.
Its because of the AGM batteries being used. They have a good life. My old E90 I didn't have to look at the battery after 5 years, and that is inspite of my usage not being too regular.

The plastics in all F series cars seem to get sticky/loose colour at the door handles. I think its purely to do with heat. I use transparent tints which have good heat rejection, and I haven't had such issues yet.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 09:26   #915
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 60,887
Thanked: 201,259 Times
Default Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
The plastics in all F series cars seem to get sticky/loose colour at the door handles.
Now that you mention it, yes, Maverick did say it's a problem with some 3-Series too.

Quote:
I think its purely to do with heat.
But my car is never exposed to the heat. The place where she is parked all day doesn't have direct sunlight coming on the cabin. Plus. she is driven only at nights, weekends and on highway runs.
GTO is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks