Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2018, 09:48   #916
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So, the 530d recently went in for her annual service. The entire process was smooth as butter. One reason is I didn't have any major issues with the car. Second & more important, BHPian Maverick5490 is now the Technical Head of the Infinity workshop @ Turbhe. You can't imagine the relief - it's like having your car sent across to a longtime friend.
This is excellent news. I'm going to make sure I connect with him before I send my car again for any service, even though its still in BSI.

Does work done at Infinity Worli also fall under his purview? Why would you send it to Turbhe Rush given you're in South Mumbai?
Old 4th May 2018, 09:53   #917
BHPian

Quote:
I'm pleasantly surprised with the fair cost of maintenance. The bill of this annual service was about Rs. 25,000, with some repairs + GST included.
That's so cheap! I spent 25k for servicing my A3 including oil and filter change.
Quote:
Shot yesterday morning when I'd gone for a meeting. Looks cool for a 5-year old, no?
5 years? How old are you again?? for the way you maintain her.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 11:21   #918
BHPian

@GTO is the price for the door handles in the invoice before or after discount? Mine are in much worse shape. I ordered it from ebay (genuine bmw part) for around Rs.6200. I was going to fit it myself as a DIY, but couldn't get the door card off. Will propably take it in to get it fixed by an independent bmw workshop.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-door-handle.jpg

As you can see in the picture, the surrounding area is also discoloured. So i ordered a dye kit from ebay. The product has good reviews on BMW forums. Still waiting for it to come so will post a review once its here. I was going to go with colorglo to get it fixed, but they couldn't keep their appointment multiple times without any response or notice.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-capture.png
abhiram7912 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2018, 13:46   #919
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does work done at Infinity Worli also fall under his purview?
Worli would I guess, but I'm most comfortable with the car being physically present under Maverick's eyes. Blackwasp lives right next to the Turbhe workshop, so was kind enough to drop the car off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
That's so cheap! I spent 25k for servicing my A3 including oil and filter change.
All of my services till date have been in the 20 - 30k range (without extras like detailing). My brother just spent 17k on his Jetta's service! However, the next one is going to be big - brake pads & battery for sure. These two alone will be ~60k.

Quote:
for the way you maintain her.
Thanks! Primarily one-hand driven, safe parking & fixing all the small things every year helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
@GTO is the price for the door handles in the invoice before or after discount?
After the warranty covered it. Without, I think it was 26 grand for the parts alone (all 4). Labour extra.

Quote:
Mine are in much worse shape.
Whoa! That looks diseased, man. Get it installed right away from a mechanic who knows how to open a BMW doorpad. This is how mine looks now:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20180505-12.43.04.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 16:21   #920
BHPian

Sorry to bump up the thread but I needed advice. My 5'er had an extended warranty which expired day before yesterday and I recieved no call or intimation from the dealer or the company. My staff too forgot to buy it again before the expiration date.
I just remembered my date of payment and called up the dealer to confirm the expiration date. That's how I came to know.

Now is there any way I could get the extended warranty?

BMW experts, your help is required.
Stratosphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 18:50   #921
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
My 5'er had an extended warranty which expired day before yesterday

Sorry, that’s not possible at Dealership level. You might try involving BMW to make an exception.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 08:36   #922
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No news on an ownership thread is usually good news. 5-Series is performing like a dream. Had a couple of long runs since the last post and she's been very busy due to some work & social commitments.

Here's one from Lonavla yesterday. Also bumped into Libranof1987 here:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20180701-13.01.32.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
You mean you already had extended warranty and wanted to further extend it? If your car has been exclusively maintained at the official workshops, it should be doable. As Turbanator said, just write to BMW.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:18   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sorry, that’s not possible at Dealership level. You might try involving BMW to make an exception.
Yes, I have done that. Now I'll wait.

Thanks.

Quote:
You mean you already had extended warranty and wanted to further extend it? If your car has been exclusively maintained at the official workshops, it should be doable. As Turbanator said, just write to BMW.
Yes. I wanted to 'extend' the extended warranty. The car has an immaculate history with absolutely no claims or problems or anything.

Heeding Turbanator's advice, I have already written to BMW. Now I'll wait.
Thanks.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 2nd July 2018 at 22:35. Reason: Removing extra spacing
Stratosphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 21:28   #924
Senior - BHPian

How are you going to take precaution against water logging which had happened to your parking place last year?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 16:12   #925
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How are you going to take precaution against water logging which had happened to your parking place last year?
Last year's flooding was rare. After 10 years have we seen such flooding in the lane. Either:

1. Move the car out if the lane starts flooding a bit.

2. If not, tips from this thread.

3. This year, I'm getting the driveway redone. So I've been thinking of raising the parking spot of the BMW by a foot or so. Let's see.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 17:02   #926
BHPian

Finally managed to get pre-worshipped monster last week.
Was lucky enough to get 14months old 530d(white colour, beige interior) with 7500km on odometer. Today sent the car for first servicing. Car does not have BSI/extended warranty. Extended warranty for 6 years will be taken once RC is transferred on my name. My skoda laura Automatic covered 75K in 7 years and still drives like a new car. After driving the new beast, i doubt skoda would be used on highway trips anymore. My annual running would be around 10k, so did not opt for BSI, though service adviser was insisting on taking 5y/80k BSI before getting the first service done.

Teambhp has always helped me and many others in choosing the right car. After reading Anshuman's thread of skoda laura, i had made up my mind to buy laura in 2011. And now its 530d, all because of teambhp.
Thanks to GTO and Tanveer for such a detailed thread on pre-owned 530d. Without these assuring/detailed threads i would not have dared to buy a used BMW. Until i read this thread(02 years back), i just knew 530d has a 3L engine, but the way GTO has described its power and ferocious acceleration, i knew next car has to be a 3L F10. In addition to sweet sounding engine, gizmos were cherry on the cake. I was just waiting for the right car to be put up on sale. All other cars checked in last one month were out of warranty. Shall try to update my old ownership thread of laura and a new one for 530d in coming days.
.cArMaNiA is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 14:52   #927
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .cArMaNiA View Post
Was lucky enough to get 14months old 530d(white colour, beige interior) with 7500km on odometer.
Wow, congrats! You've got yourself an almost new car. Even my car was 16 months old when I got her home.

Quote:
Extended warranty for 6 years will be taken once RC is transferred on my name

Quote:
My annual running would be around 10k, so did not opt for BSI, though service adviser was insisting on taking 5y/80k BSI before getting the first service done.
Agreed. Don't get BSI with your running. It's anyway overpriced.

Quote:
Thanks to GTO and Tanveer for such a detailed thread on pre-owned 530d. Without these assuring/detailed threads i would not have dared to buy a used BMW.
Now it's your turn to return the favour with an ownership thread that'll help others .

Congrats and wish you lots of driving pleasure with your beast. How about sharing a couple of pictures?
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 18:15   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and wish you lots of driving pleasure with your beast. How about sharing a couple of pictures?
Thanks. Got the car’s first service done from Deutsche motors delhi yesterday. When I bought the car odometer reading was 7500kms, idrive showed engine oil change in 1800kms 06/2018. It was an awesome 950km drive from the place I bought the car to my hometown. Though oil change was still due in 900kms, but idrive showed service overdue on 01st July, so got it serviced to avoid any warranty issues.

Car does not have auto dimming left side ORVM. Checked with deutsche motors, they said left side ORVM is original and auto dimming feature varies from model to model. Somehow I dont agree on this, need to check further on this aspect.
Sharing few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-9bd120ef39a3404581374b0abebe5649.jpeg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-7a201c8c625f4fb8a91f6103f906638c.jpeg  

.cArMaNiA is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 19:33   #929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Car does not have auto dimming left side ORVM. Checked with deutsche motors, they said left side ORVM is original and auto dimming feature varies from model to model. Somehow I dont agree on this, need to check further on this aspect.
Sharing few pics.

Great buy. But I think you're right on the mirror, I've not seen an F10 without the left side dimming mirror.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 10:48   #930
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Though oil change was still due in 900kms, but idrive showed service overdue on 01st July, so got it serviced to avoid any warranty issues.
Your car looks fantastic! White is my favourite colour on the F10. Congrats.

Yes, there is a time-based component to the service too. When my car went in for its annual service this year, the oil wasn't changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Great buy. But I think you're right on the mirror, I've not seen an F10 without the left side dimming mirror.
I'm pretty sure my passenger-side ORVM is auto-dimming. Will check again since you brought it up.

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2018 at 10:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks