Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 20:50   #1156
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Also, I noticed something on Saturday. Probably the only part of the car that shows its age and has prematurely worn out.
Looks to be an issue that's F10 specific or related to outdoor parking. I checked this on my 6 year old F30, and found all window/trim weather strips to be in pristine shape.

Regardless of the issue, it's obviously completely unacceptable and rather disappointing that BMW is not ashamed of this and is not replacing this on their own dime. Isn't this a clear manufacturing defect?
d3mon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 11:53   #1157
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Some cultures & communities in India believe that "metal objects" can bring luck (of both kinds).

My family thinks that the 530d has brought our family an immense amount of good luck and I have to agree. Yesterday, over lunch, we were just talking about all the good things that have happened in the family since 1st May 2015. God bless & touch wood = there has been serious progress on all fronts.

Family tells me = DON'T SELL THE CAR ANYTIME SOON.

I was planning a lateral upgrade (ARTICLE: The Beauty of Lateral Upgrades (Getting MORE CAR for LESS $$$)) to a W222 S-Class in the coming years, but it's going to be a task to convince the family to let go of this lucky charm.
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 15:43   #1158
BHPian

GTO! I've seen your love evolving for the S class slowly and gradually but will the S Class suffice the enthusiast in you?
I personally have driven the W222 S350 numerous times and didn't really like the disconnected drive from the drivers seat!
Rest were all having the time of their life in the S!

Also , I've seen S350's and 500's go in mid 50's with an odo reading of less than 30k km's. I'd call it a deal but then it won't be as realiable as the 530d
advaydh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 19:18   #1159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Some cultures & communities in India believe that "metal objects" can bring luck (of both kinds).
I believe anything bought with noble intent and from the money of hard work will always bring prosperity. You don't need to worry about this when its time to change, I can assure you from my personal experience.

S class is nice but if I were you, will pick a 730-LD from 2016-17 in M Sports trim. Somehow, I can't think of driving a car which does not even have a gear lever And you know, MB in all it's wisdom has taken off levers even from AMG's including the mighty G Wagon.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th December 2019 at 19:29.
Turbanator is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 19:44   #1160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My family thinks that the 530d has brought our family an immense amount of good luck and I have to agree. Yesterday, over lunch, we were just talking about all the good things that have happened in the family since 1st May 2015. God bless & touch wood = there has been serious progress on all fronts.

Family tells me = DON'T SELL THE CAR ANYTIME SOON.
Keep it in the family, the Team-BHP family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

S class is nice but if I were you, will pick a 730-LD from 2016-17 in M Sports trim. Somehow, I can't think of driving a car which does not even have a gear lever And you know, MB in all it's wisdom has taken off levers even from AMG's including the mighty G Wagon.
I tend to agree, if you love driving the 7 is the better car if anonymous looking relatively speaking. The S is the better limo though

Last edited by ajmat : 30th December 2019 at 19:46.
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 22:20   #1161
BHPian

A barely driven (~8k km) 2015 A8 W12, and a 2015 RS6 Avant are up for sale with Big Boy Toyz for around 70 Lakhs a piece. Something like those will be a nice end-game upgrade, especially the RS6. I mean what car could you possibly upgrade to from THAT!
d3mon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 07:54   #1162
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
GTO! I've seen your love evolving for the S class slowly and gradually but will the S Class suffice the enthusiast in you?
Right now, my "fast" car & "family" car are both the same. In a couple of years, I'd like them to be two different cars. One, a luxo-barge, the other a 2-door coupe.

Quote:
I believe anything bought with noble intent and from the money of hard work will always bring prosperity.
Well said, brother.

Quote:
S class is nice but if I were you, will pick a 730-LD from 2016-17 in M Sports trim.
As much as I love BMW's engine + gearbox tuning and exceptional reliability, in the limousine class, it'll always be the S-Class for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Keep it in the family, the Team-BHP family
Haha! Nicely put . I intend to keep the 530d till she is 9 - 10 years old at least, so let's see then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Something like those will be a nice end-game upgrade, especially the RS6. I mean what car could you possibly upgrade to from THAT!
Sweet rides, but neither of them appeal to me.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:23   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Family tells me = DON'T SELL THE CAR ANYTIME SOON
Nice to hear that yes, I believe in that too. Cars / Bikes brings that luck to us with them.

As for your confusion, I’d say keep family happy by not selling the 530d and by this means, don’t feel confused as I’d suggest get that S class desire fulfilled too & keep them both

Happy new year btw GTO & BHP family.

Regards
Guru
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 19:26   #1164
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys! But just to clarify, I was merely thinking out loud. The 530d is with me till she is 9 - 10 years old (at least).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 08:56   #1165
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Was asked on another thread to post my impressions of the remap, so here goes after driving it for ~2 months:

- Claimed power output is 310 BHP & 650 Nm.

- Summary = a fast car becomes faster.

- The mid-range is astonishing! It was already explosive in stock form, but the damn thing delivers a whopping punch now. Top-end has improved too. She flies on the open road .

- Low end is more or less the same. It was always good and I don't see much of a difference <2,000 rpm. This is unlike my brother's remapped Jetta whose throttle & power delivery became sharper even at the lower end.

- I like the quality of the remap because it feels very "stock" and "factory tuned". Clean power delivery, not overly peaky anywhere, nor flat. It's a high quality remap.

- Am seeing the ESP light blink a lot more (like 100% increase) .

Last edited by GTO : 13th January 2020 at 10:28.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 09:46   #1166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Was asked on another thread to post my impressions of the remap, so here goes after driving it for ~2 months.
What about mileage? Do you find any changes.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 10:30   #1167
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What about mileage? Do you find any changes.
No clue, man. I have to sheepishly admit that I never calculate or even pay attention to the FE of my cars. Only time I do is when we're doing an Official Review.

Added one more point to my review:

Quote:
- Am seeing the ESP light blink a lot more (like 100% increase) .
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 05:37   #1168

My First Post!

Hello Sir GTO,

Been an avid reader of the forum, and certainly this thread since we both own the same car! Have had the privilege to own this beast since 2013 and she's in her 7th year now, done 45k kms and is due for a major service.

This was the first luxury purchase in our family, EVER!! And we never opted for the BSI package (BIGGEST MISTAKE) but the car has been serviced only at an authorised BMW service centre up until now and eye watering money has been spent over its maintenance. But all's well as long as you have that sense of security of it being taken care of by the people who know what they're doing!

I would like to share a few issues I am facing with car currently and it'd be of great help if I could get your assistance on the same. I am not very sound in technical aspects so please ignore me if my queries make little sense.

1. Where would you get your car fixed/serviced/diagnosed if not an authorised service centre ? I am looking for an alternate solution to super high labour charges of an authorised service centre. Could you please suggest any good workshops (by good I mean trustworthy/safe) in Mumbai ? I have looked at the directory but couldn't come up with a definitive answer. I also would like you to give me your take on Sushila Autotechnik & D.A.D ?

2. I really want to switch to tubeless, mainly to improve the ride comfort. Will it do so? I've tried to source them in the past but have failed. She's due for her third set. Whats your current take on this ?

Congratulations on the remap! I can only imagine what your's must drive like now since she's quite a handful in its stock form. Although, it could be an option for me in the future since it's going to be with me for sometime.
WhiteOrBlack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 06:37   #1169
BHPian

Re: My First Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOrBlack View Post
Hello Sir GTO,

2. I really want to switch to tubeless, mainly to improve the ride comfort. Will it do so? I've tried to source them in the past but have failed. She's due for her third set. Whats your current take on this ?
I have 520d almost same vintage , you can go for Michelin PS4, which most people do for tubeless. However I have chosen to stick to RFT for safety
Pankaj_Ahlawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 07:28   #1170
Team-BHP Support

Re: My First Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOrBlack View Post
2. I really want to switch to tubeless, mainly to improve the ride comfort. Will it do so?
Absolutely, if budget is not a concern nothing comes close to PS4S else PS4 should be good. Look at this thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4677263 (Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!)
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks