Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2020, 14:14   #1201
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The poor Bangalore folk pay as much for used cars as Mumbai & Delhi people do for new cars .
Absolutely, but if you have some knowns in the circle who buys regularly, it can help. I know for sure for at least 2 brand new 530-D -2019 model which went at 52,5 Lac ex-showroom. These were with id6 as against id7 that came on the later models. It was with a dealer in Karnataka
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 16:07   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
But on a serious note, there really is a problem with them. Just see how easy it is to "cancel" the blinker. Of all the cars I've driven, it is the most sensitive here. This can be a major irritant; have had it go off before I make the actual turn many times.
This is the first time I’m hearing of such a problem - what were BMW thinking when they designed this, I do not know. This would probably cause more confusion to me than when I used lane change indicators for the first time on the Skoda.

A quick Google search revealed this satirical article from Doug Demuro (the same link as in GTO’s post). It explained it easily:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/...signals-260840

But I still don’t get the running gag about BMW drivers not using / having turn indicators, and being crazy maniacal drivers. The internet is a cruel place

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 15th April 2020 at 16:13. Reason: Brackets
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 21:41   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Its been over 5 years since you bought 'the beast' and when ever I see a 530D here in Ireland, it reminds me of your car.

Spotted a well minded 430D (2014 model) with N57 3L engine. Dealer claims its got full service history. Its done 1Lac KM and its a 2 door coupe in Luxury trim. I can buy extended warranty on an annual basis until odometer reaches 1.6Lac KM. Not sure how much it costs as website is not giving a quote at the moment but I heard its 500-600 euros per annum which is not bad.
Here's a link to car ad https://www.dunnemotorservices.ie/car-details/2530945/

My driving is roughly 6000km/year as I live in front of my office but I might start driving once I get a bimmer Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by djay99 : 15th April 2020 at 21:42.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 14:05   #1204
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I know for sure for at least 2 brand new 530-D -2019 model which went at 52,5 Lac ex-showroom.
You truly are the deal king when it comes to luxury cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Its been over 5 years since you bought 'the beast' and when ever I see a 530D here in Ireland, it reminds me of your car.
Thank you!

Quote:
Spotted a well minded 430D (2014 model) with N57 3L engine. Dealer claims its got full service history. Its done 1Lac KM and its a 2 door coupe in Luxury trim. I can buy extended warranty on an annual basis until odometer reaches 1.6Lac KM
Too high an odometer for India, but could consider abroad if the km are primarily highway km. Are they? Plus, the extended warranty does help make it safer.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 14:25   #1205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You truly are the deal king when it comes to luxury cars.

Believe it or not Turbanator thinks he’s a bad negotiator We have had this argument several times
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 11:44   #1206
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just completed 5 years with the beast, while she will be turning 7 later this year.

Very happy with the engine + gearbox, luxury, reliability & timeless styling. As I'd mentioned in this thread, buy a sexy car so you keep it for longer - link. Interestingly:

- That fantastic 6-cylinder motor + ZF 8-speed still make me smile, every time I take her out.

- I still look forward to driving it.

- I still turn around (after parking) to look at her.

Don't know what I will buy next (whenever that is), but this car is going on my personal "best-ever" list. She will be getting her annual service once the lockdown is lifted.

Last edited by GTO : 4th May 2020 at 11:45.
GTO is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 9th May 2020, 10:37   #1207
GTO
Team-BHP Support

These cars aren't built to stand in one place for so long. She really needed to stretch her legs. Solution = my close cousin (like a real brother) works in the pharma business and goes to work everyday. The 530d is with him. Daily run from his house in Bandra to Parel .
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 10:07   #1208
BHPian

Hi GTO

Just wanted to ask you - have you been using the bmw connected app on your phone for your 530d?
And if yes - then how did you download it and make it work?

Currently iOS is showing the connected classic as downloadable - which does absolutely nothing and android play store says we can't download the bmw connected drive in india.

Just wondering am I doing something wrong?
Old 19th May 2020, 08:50   #1209
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Just wanted to ask you - have you been using the bmw connected app on your phone for your 530d?
There was some BMW app I'd downloaded in the early days purely out of the "new car" excitement factor. I didn't find it useful at all. Deleted. Don't think you are missing anything.

What I do terribly miss though is Android Auto. That & rear legroom are the only two things from making this the 'perfect' sedan.
Old 19th May 2020, 16:42   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just completed 5 years with the beast, while she will be turning 7 later this year.
Threads like your's really give me the confidence to hold onto mine for atleast 2 more years since my car would run out of its 5 year warranty this october. Reliability has been excellent so far with only the horn being replaced in the 4th year, also seeing reports on our forum, bmw has been usually generous with goodwill claims for cars out of warranty too.

Was planning to swap for the new 330i but with this covid mess, i guess it would be prudent to hold on for atleast an year or two more since i replaced the tyres and switched to Bilstein's last year.

Would be interesting to see what you choose now, it is so hard to find a worthy replacement for that lovely inline 6 cylinder diesel.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 19th May 2020 at 16:44.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 09:11   #1211
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Threads like your's really give me the confidence to hold onto mine for atleast 2 more years since my car would run out of its 5 year warranty this october. Reliability has been excellent so far with only the horn being replaced in the 4th year, also seeing reports on our forum, bmw has been usually generous with goodwill claims for cars out of warranty too.
You bet! I feel a car shows its true colours within the initial couple of years. These BMWs are solidly built, with extreme focus on quality. I have interacted with F10 owners who are now completing (or just completed) 100,000 km and the reliability has been very good. Even though things have so far been awesome, I am totally okay with 1 part failure every couple of years. Heck, my Hondas have had 2 - 3 components fail too and if one sees the posts on Team-BHP, so do many other Japanese & Korean brands. As long as the frequency of part failures is low, I have no problem with it.

Quote:
Was planning to swap for the new 330i but with this covid mess
Selling a 5-year old car is throwing too much money down the drain. Please read this thread (ARTICLE: YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?).

Quote:
Would be interesting to see what you choose now, it is so hard to find a worthy replacement for that lovely inline 6 cylinder diesel.
Am going to keep this car for a while because the design is timeless, the engine & gearbox rock, the reliability is good and my family believes its brought a lot of luck to the house. Plus, Covid-19 has put to rest any & all major expenses as we are very conservative with our financial planning.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 21:50   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, time flies! Why am I getting this wrong, I thought you got this when I was still living back home. Maybe I'm getting old.

Quote:
- That fantastic 6-cylinder motor + ZF 8-speed still make me smile, every time I take her out.
I definitely remember the first time I took it out in BKC
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 17:25   #1213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too high an odometer for India, but could consider abroad if the km are primarily highway km. Are they? Plus, the extended warranty does help make it safer.
I did not buy that car. Have put down a deposit for a Pre-owned 530e G30 MSport PHEV in Alpine White. Car has got 12kwh battery and can run on electric mode for almost 50km. Also has Idrive 7 and Live cockpit professional.

Car is 10months old with 6k miles and is sold by UK BMW dealer. Hoping to collect car some time next week.
djay99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 01:50   #1214
BHPian

I have an F10(July 2014). Thanks to COVID lockdown my vehicle was parked for a while. I did start it every now and then. Yesterday I discovered that the Air Con is not cooling. Sent the car to the workshop. They said that the A/C gas needed to be recharged. At the same time the workshop folks said that that there may be a leak which they need to examine. Anyone else experience issues with the A/C of the 530D?
Old 28th June 2020, 06:28   #1215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
Air Con is not cooling.At the same time the workshop folks said that that there may be a leak which they need to examine
If the Air con was fine till before lockdown and is now not cooling after an extended period of non-usage , there is a leak somewhere.

I've seen that in such cases( prolonged non-use), the compressor seal is almost invariably the culprit; happened with me in 2 cars.

The leak won't even show up on a pressure or vacuum test with the car stationary, but will manifest itself when the compressor is running.

If it is the compressor seal, the Auth. Service centers will insist on a full compressor replacement, while aftermarket garages will replace the seal and get the system back up and running.
vigsom is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks