Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 17:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

I couldn't believe that this was your initial ownership report at first glance, and since it is I had to be among the first to say congrats Rushji! The 5 Series is in my opinion the best looking luxury sedan in its class, both interior & exterior. Also this company has taken enough strides to be seen as India-friendly, thanks to their extended warranty terms and reasonably efficient service.

The 5er is also photogenic from all angles as can be seen from the ones above. My only question to you is did you feel an instant difference when driving the BMW after having owned a Mercedes for a long time? I know traditionally the Merc is a more comfy cruiser while Bimmers are known to be restless handlers, but are their differences very obvious?

Yes your garage now indeed has cars each with different characteristics.. one a fun open-top mud plugger, a VFM rear seat cruiser, a luxurious ultimate driving machine & a smaller sporty runabout. In the end I wont hesitate calling the latest acquisition the best yet! Congrats again.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 17:57   #17
BHPian

Big congratulations GTO! Lovely choice there
Also, what a review man, awesome!
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation GTO!!! I have just one word or rather one letter "J"
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Rather than post a long congratulatory post let me just say "My +1 to all the previous posts and the ones to follow".
Just one question though "How do you always manage to find such well maintained cars?"
You say the 8K you spent on the check up was the best 8K you spent in your life but also don't forget the 10K on 3M which I would say comes a close 2nd. Nothing beats the feeling of the "New Car Look". The car does look new.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:34   #20
BHPian

Hearty congratulations GTO. Wishing you a great time ahead with your beast.

Your ownership report is beyond official reviews in content and quality. It took me almost one and half hours to finish reading with a break thrown in

Every time i think of a pre-worshipped automobile, I remember your civic's thread and now you have made it more difficult for me with your 530d. Even though taking this route requires huge efforts / time / skills and bandwidth, it is hard to ignore the value it offers, if executed perfectly.
sasi@8689 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:38   #21
BHPian

Congrats GTO! Happy miles and smiles with the Bimmer!
rajesh.palaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:42   #22
BHPian

It's been more than 40 minutes and I have just come to the Engine section of the review. You have taken the word "detail" to a whole new level.

Congrats GTO on your new beast and wish you many a miles in her. I am amazed at how you find your pre-worshipped cars with amazing deals. Kudos once again.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the awesome ride, for the last two weeks I've been reading that 525d review atleast once every two days and now this thread pops up. My favourite colour for the F10 is the dark brown, but I guess you buy the 530d for the drivetrain, not the beige seats/white colour. The steering wheel is missing the chrome lining below the horn pad, is that part of the M package? Its one place where chrome looks good in the car.

Does the car have rims with different widths as the tread varies between front and back? Also does BMW provide appropriate tyre pressure values for this particular combination, or you go with an approximation?

Congrats again on the longest non official review here.

Last edited by avira_tk : 27th August 2015 at 18:56.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:56   #24
BHPian

RUSH, Finally your dream came true – a 530d (6 cylinder sedan) in your garage. Heart felt congo !!! This review seemed more elaborate than BMW's 530d technical design document, couldn't complete the whole of it in one sitting.

How would you compare this to X3 30d M-Sport with much higher clearance, all wheel drive and a practical 4650mm length ?
super.cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:56   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats GTO for the 530d & a good choice that you selected the M sport version and not that White non M sport one.

Also a very detailed review with so many pics

Also i see you are going to switch from RFT to tubeless in the near future (5k kms) that should really give you the added comfort and more grip too (considering tubeless will be softer).

Enjoy

Last edited by karan561 : 27th August 2015 at 18:59.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 18:59   #26
BHPian

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Its the only word to describe the review.
This is the only review I read at one go in teambhp. Usually I go through few parts and 'other points' and later read 'em full. But your review made me to sit back and gulp in a single sitting. Really superb.

The sheer pleasure of reading a review . You have really outdone yourself.

Sorry I forgot to congratulate you for the awesome buy
Congrats mate. Have a splendid ownership.

You have became master in identifying preloved cars and getting unbeatable deals.

Cheers,
Asish
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 19:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

@GTO

This is very detailed. IN reality all you had to do was open the thread with the title 530D and just post a video of the engine when you race it in an open track from 0-whatever.

My friend has this here and even with speed limits we try to hit the speed limits in minimal seconds and the pleasure of hearing the engine is brillant. In fact we suggested getting a modified muffler and if possibel drive with the windows open.

This car deserves to be driven with maximum engine noise entering the cockpit.

Brilliant dual turbo and exhilarating ride all the time. Its a mini M5 in disguise.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 19:04   #28
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride. With such detailing in features, I am sure most BMW sales advisors can use it as a reference point & Knowledge bank.

Last edited by GTO : 28th August 2015 at 12:15. Reason: Typo
ritayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 19:27   #29
BHPian

This is one brilliant ownership report, GTO!
The list of models that you mentioned that are available at half of their purchase prices, is very interesting, and makes me look at used car market!
The different features that you listed and the sheer power of the engine just makes me drool.
You mentioned changing the settings through coding. Is this done at service center, or something you can do on your own sitting in your car?
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 19:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, GTO for this wonderful car AND the equally wonderful report! What an amazing level of detail! Wishing you lots of happy mile crunching in your new Beast I had planned to compose another post. On logging in saw this thread, and abandoned that plan. Went through this thread instead. Outstanding pictures too, to complement the report.

I have an ownership review in Assembly line, and man I have got a complex reading this one! A part of me is urging me to stop writing that review, such is the level of detail here. Goes without saying that I have rated this review 5 stars

Last edited by AkMar : 27th August 2015 at 19:59.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed