Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2015, 01:38   #151
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

GTO as always a smashing review and this one had the personal touch. after all Ghar ki baat hai

congratulations on your new ride and look forward to the updates.

For me the best thing on your car has to be that customized sticker gto_BHP

very subtle and very slick... well played sir !
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 08:20   #152
BHPian

Congratulations GTO. That is truly an awesome purchase. Brilliant review and wonderful pictures. It would surely be fun to drive that beast on the highways. And yes, I would spend a lot of time inside the car without driving it, just playing with the iDrive.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 12:13   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Super hot - hows the quality? Do they feel as nice as they look?
Quality is good. like Hyundai Pedals have nice soft rubber flooring which won’t allow your shoes to move away. A 2-min DIY for a long term smile.
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_2401.jpg
Rubber storage mats are good and perfect fit. Helps in minimising noise coming out of coins, keychains, mobiles, etc. Doesn’t move after placing and glows in dark.
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_2406.jpg
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_2408.jpg
P.S. The delivery time is too high.
viren83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 14:26   #154
BHPian

Wow. What a wonderful review! Quite simply the best and the most detailed review I have read on Team-BHP. Recently the Jazz and the Creta reviews had left me smiling with the amount of details. Just when I thought a review could not get any better, in comes this.

Congratulations on such a beautiful, luxurious and enthusiastic car, GTO!
Wish you a million happy, safe, trouble free and grin inducing km.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 15:00   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I smell 530d all over the place.
Though frankly can't imagine you buying a car other than the Star or the Beemer to replace your C220.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The smell of the 530d might be there but I'm not sure he is looking for a german that too used.
Looks like my prediction came true, though like the Sunny i was guessing the 'pre-worshiped' route would be bypassed and a new one would be bought by you.

Anyway congratulation on the ride and again an eye opener on the rationale of pre worshiped rides.
(Still, a few years down the line waiting for you to get a W126 or W140 )
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 17:07   #156
BHPian

Quote:
I prefer the rpm counter being to the left of the speedometer, not like this.
Exceptional Attention to detail. May i know why this specific preference, Cars from Mercedes, BMW, FIAT have their RPM dials to their right. Do you really mean eyes can easily spot the RPM needle if the DIAL was in the left ?

Last edited by sriramr9 : 30th August 2015 at 17:10.
sriramr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 22:54   #157
BHPian

Hi GTO
A scorcher of a review for a scorcher of a machine. I wish you many happy years of driving.
Quote:
If buying a pre-worshipped German, there are two things to keep in mind:

1. The model's reliability.

2. The warranty available.

I'm pushing another Moderator to go for a used Jetta. Meets both of these requirements.
I was looking out to buy a new Vento automatic or a pre-worshipped Jetta Automatic as a second option. Ive always favoured the looks and power of the Jetta but a new one was beyond my budget and a pre-owned vehicle made me a bit apprehensive. I'm more inspired now after reading your thread thanks!
going into search mode! would greatly appreciate pointers if any,
thanks again!
famousshoes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 00:56   #158
BHPian

Wow is the first word that comes to the mind, most comprehensive review that actually kept me engaged for a whole sunday, seriously. This one is big daddy of all other reviews I have read till date. The love you have for your car is so evident in the review and it make readers also fall in love with this car.

I love the car, everything about this machine is me down to Blacks instead of chrome on the exterior, the super beautiful two tone color, //M bodykit and the gear lever which shifts to higher gear on pushing down and vice versa. Honestly I like it that way since i relate going faster to pushing down on gear lever (Fast and furious effect!!). This can be subjective but whenever i put my superb in manual mode i feel odd pushing gear lever up to go higher, it feels artificial somehow

Anyway wish you lakhs of satisfying miles, cruising this ultimate beast or better yet flooring it.
somebodystopme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 04:55   #159
Senior - BHPian

Incredibly detailed review GTO. Congratulations on the car. A diesel rocket is just what the doctor ordered.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:04   #160
BANNED

The 530d IS the mother of pre worshipped cars. The review must have had folks at the factory going "hey, you sure we got that feature in the car?".

You've reached the end of the road for upgrades. The 530d gives you a lot more than you will ever need in a sedan. Welcome to the "upgrade dilemna". There is nothing to beat this, so how do you intend to upgrade? (Lateral moves don't count, performance/ sports cars are not an upgrade and the next segment moves bang out of driver car territory!!).

Had a pre-worshipped A4 3.0 Tdi for a brief period. Sold it off after certain gremlins started cropping up (injector failure and electricals) which didn't augur well for long term reliability. The problems were taken care off under EW but it didn't have the equivalent of BSI and I didn't want to push my luck any further.

Have a great time with your new ride!
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 10:19   #161
BHPian

Quote:
The Driving Modes:

Before I review the 530d's on-road performance, let me explain the different driving modes. It's very important to choose the right driving mode based on the road quality & intended driving style. For instance, 'sport' mode will be too firm for broken city roads, while 'comfort' will be too soft for a fast ghat section.
Today i feel proud to be a part of this esteemed community. Incredible review and such an honest one, the one which gives reader pointers on what to look forward to if you are buying one. I believe every BMW sales person should thoroughly go through and memorize this review. Also i just wish people buy more and more such new 6 cylinder beasts so that used car market has enough supply of the same (getting greedy) by 2020, the year i have planned my upgrade.

From your various posts i knew you were looking for a 6 cylinder beast and finally you got one. Many many congratulations GTO for the precious possession!!

I am looking forward to your CIVIC whenever (1-2 months as mentioned) you decide to part with. You truly now "Live to Drive.."
Mission_PGPX is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 11:16   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

My Team BHP mod intro lists the 530d as my dream car, albeit in alpine white! I can't tell you how pleased I am that you got this car- and the fact that you paid about half what a new owner would only cements my belief in the value of buying pre-owned.

Car does in fact look good as new. Despite your misgivings I think carbon black is one of the best colours you could get the Bimmer in. Congratulations and wish you a million miles on this beauty. Goes without saying that this review gets a new benchmark in terms of detail and insights provided.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 11:43   #163
BHPian

<Insert Jaw Drop Smiley here>
Whoa!
One hell of a review for one hell of a car! Rated well deserved 5 stars.
V8 on this car has a great note - sounds like Mozart's symphony.
Congratulations and wish you many many happy miles with this b-e-a-u-t-y.
--9-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:35   #164
Senior - BHPian

Simply brilliant review there GTO! Read every word of it. Really engaging! Congratulations on getting your pre-worshiped 530D. Wish you many happy miles of motoring in this beast.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 14:38   #165
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GTO on this wonderful acquisition! Wishing you many many more happy light years with this vehicle and gleaming joy!

It would also be nice if you could share your personal do's and dont's that you did during your purchase.

I noticed the brake rotors 'appear' to have marks, are these scratches of some kind or a mere illusion? If these are scratches, would these have any adverse impact on the braking? I've seen such marks on other cars, hence asked, while most A.S.S would ask you to replace the rotors.

Overall, the car is as good as out of the factory!

Last edited by nitinbose : 31st August 2015 at 14:39.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks