Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 17:34   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the Deutsche Motoren' car is showing its age, don't consider it. These cars actually age very well and if it was carefully kept, it wouldn't feel old. Clearly seems abused.

The car that you should be checking out ASAP is this:

Don't wait for more cars onboard. You only have to buy one. Go take a look at her during the day.

Makes sense, the pictures I put in are of that particular car, attaching a few more, the car was clearly abused.

Attaching a picture here of the wiper rubber seals etc, I don't understand how it's chipped like that. Squirrels or mice?

That's true, I only have to buy one, the right one nevertheless. So I will call him tomorrow and set up a meeting for asap. Will post pictures here of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Oh Man , you are indeed desperate for 530 , wish you had picked mine last month , well don't take these guys on face value - i have had bad experiences with some of most soft spoken guys here in NCR . will suggest you to be little patient ,you will surely get an opportunity . Dec 2011 white with 37 K looks good but you need to be absolutely sure on the ODO/ Service records - again - try to find ones which have some BSI package & warranty left , I will also ask some of my contacts to try to find something , if i get anything will surely let you know - happy surfing ..

No shame in desperation, just hoping it doesn't show through to the supplier .
I wish I had the option/knowledge of your car, the one month i'll curse for sure.
Patience is a difficult virtue to attain when dealing with beauty.

On a serious note, I'd really appreciate any and all possible available cars you could point me to. Went through the entire city with a fine toothed comb and I'm pretty much out of options now.

For warranty I spoke with BPS (BMW Pre owned) and they are happy to give a warranty for a price, but yes will make sure to try for what you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
This car has been with them because the previous owner upgraded to an Audi in exchange and they mostly push for their own cars first and not this. Plus they might have offered good exchange rates and cannot go too low on their offered price. Still, their cars are parked indoors and kept safely, so this could be an option, but like you said, it isn't 530.

Deutsche Fbd had the jet black 530d two weeks back, maybe it got sold. It was a clean looking car and had low miles on the odo.
My advice will also be to remain patient and look for a clean car and not get carried away with excitement. Pre-owned is the way to go but you have to take you own sweet time and get the best deal.

Also, what budget are you keeping in mind, will keep a lookout for any car that you may like. My cousins E350d has clocked 45k kms and is 2011 model that came with rear-ent. and the lot. He's asking for 31L, full service record available too. Let me know if you are interested, car is located in GK-1.

Makes sense, I'm curious as to what is the average aging cycle of these businesses? I was thinking on the lines of 8-10 weeks.

DM FBD didn't have the car you mentioned, probably was sold.
Yup I guess, that resonates with the advice of Turbanator, patience is key, a very difficult one at that.

The thing is that there's specific budget in mind. However in one of the other threads I think someone mentioned 20-25 Lakhs is the range currently, so I'm assuming that.

Awesome! Thanks for the lead, let me find out more about the car (I'm not a car bible like most of you guys, need to look things up) I'll go through stuff on this forum etc and get back to you over here by tonight. Thanks a ton man!
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_4743.jpg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_4745.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 18th November 2015 at 09:34. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 18th November 2015, 09:38   #332
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzler15 View Post
Makes sense, the pictures I put in are of that particular car, attaching a few more, the car was clearly abused.

Attaching a picture here of the wiper rubber seals etc, I don't understand how it's chipped like that. Squirrels or mice?
That's certainly no way to keep a 5-Series. Run away, it's a messed up example.

You are in Delhi - the biggest car market of India. You'll have more of a choice than in any other city. Make sure you screen online sources too (not just brick & mortar dealers).

If I were you, I wouldn't let a car like this one slip out of my hands. Late model M-Sport, BMW certified. Knock a couple of lakhs off and you have a deal.
Old 18th November 2015, 11:21   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If I were you, I wouldn't let a car like this one slip out of my hands. Late model M-Sport, BMW certified. Knock a couple of lakhs off and you have a deal.
Wow - that's a stunning proposition. Comparable price (if you adjust for Bbay vs. Delhi) to what I paid for my GT.

How somebody can let go a 20,000 km car of that pedigree in 2 years is beyond me. Even if I was buying another car, I'd hold on to this. (I know depreciation benefit for the businessman and all that but even then).

Good cars should be treasured and held on to. I had no qualms selling my 3 year old Sunny instead of my 6 year old Civic last month. Decision purely from the heart.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 14:46   #334
VSD
BHPian

Quote:

You are in Delhi - the biggest car market of India. You'll have more of a choice than in any other city. Make sure you screen online sources too (not just brick & mortar dealers).

This is the car I was talking about earlier, it was available at DM fbd, but like Sidzler15 said, it's gone now. The Deutsche people had some Pre-owned fest two weeks ago and a lot of the BMW owned cars were there for sale. Most had done only 10-15k kms and were used by company headquarter itself. This car was UP registered and looked quite clean too, no wonder got sold so quickly.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 19:08   #335
BHPian

Quote:

They do have that one available, it's a UP registration.
There's an even better deal at Bird Gurgaon, it's a white 2014 530D M package, with 12/15000 kms, UNREGISTERED!! 45 is the asking price.

The thing is, i'm not sure if i'll be around in Delhi for too long (it's a matter of chance if i'll stick around after 1.5 years) so I'm unable to justify paying too much for a car (and the reason for buying pre-owned).. I was thinking I should spend under 25 or something, which price range is also getting me a couple of good cars like the 520D at Audi Approved.
Do you think i should increase the range? Or i can simply buy a new car when my future plans are ascertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Wow - that's a stunning proposition. Comparable price (if you adjust for Bbay vs. Delhi) to what I paid for my GT.

How somebody can let go a 20,000 km car of that pedigree in 2 years is beyond me. Even if I was buying another car, I'd hold on to this. (I know depreciation benefit for the businessman and all that but even then).

Good cars should be treasured and held on to. I had no qualms selling my 3 year old Sunny instead of my 6 year old Civic last month. Decision purely from the heart.
Agree with all you say

Quote:
This is the car I was talking about earlier, it was available at DM fbd, but like Sidzler15 said, it's gone now. The Deutsche people had some Pre-owned fest two weeks ago and a lot of the BMW owned cars were there for sale. Most had done only 10-15k kms and were used by company headquarter itself. This car was UP registered and looked quite clean too, no wonder got sold so quickly.

VSD, sorry about causing any confusion, this car is there, it's a grey car so i didn't understand your reference to a black 530D. It's a clean car, however in case you're looking for a 530D M package, there's an unregistered car lying at Bird, the asking is only 45!!

So i checked out the E Class, it looks like a great car, but i don't know if it will be correct for me. I mean it's purely a matter of brand preference, but i think i'm going to stick to BMW. However i have been thinking about it and i should extend my search to 520D and 525D..

I can see you're a Mercedes fan, and you've got a beauty, but i don't feel moved by the E350. Thank you for such great leads though man. And i'm still looking so in case you come across any, that'd be great too.

The dealer in Sanjay market turned out to be a dud (till now), called him twice, he said he'd message me with options but haven't heard back from him. I guess he doesn't have any options(?)

Will update as soon as something happens!
Old 20th November 2015, 09:01   #336
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There's an even better deal at Bird Gurgaon, it's a white 2014 530D M package, with 12/15000 kms, UNREGISTERED!! 45 is the asking price.
I don't think it's the better deal. This would be the dealership's test-drive car.

1. I would rather buy a single-hand 25,000 kms car than a thousand-hand 15,000 kms car. Test-drive cars are the most abused machines you could possibly find.

2. Unregistered means you have to pay RTO taxes etc. In Mumbai, you're looking at 10 lakhs for that.

Quote:
Do you think i should increase the range? Or i can simply buy a new car when my future plans are ascertained.
I would suggest buying something really nice once your plans are finalised.

Quote:
VSD, sorry about causing any confusion, this car is there, it's a grey car so i didn't understand your reference to a black 530D. It's a clean car, however in case you're looking for a 530D M package
The one I linked to also has the M package.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 17:25   #337
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it's the better deal. This would be the dealership's test-drive car.

1. I would rather buy a single-hand 25,000 kms car than a thousand-hand 15,000 kms car. Test-drive cars are the most abused machines you could possibly find.

2. Unregistered means you have to pay RTO taxes etc. In Mumbai, you're looking at 10 lakhs for that.

I would suggest buying something really nice once your plans are finalised.

The one I linked to also has the M package.

Understood, didn't think about it from that viewpoint, now that i think about it, yeah we rough up most of the test drive cars.

Yeah man, i'm waiting for this year to show me some certainty in a particular direction, i'm confused especially because of the pollution in Delhi, otherwise Delhi is an easy pick (when Bombay is not a choice).

Yes, i'm sorry to have caused confusion, that is the car at DM Faridabad, and that's the one i mentioned to VSD also.

Quote:

To update, my search has yielded 0 results so far. And i think the best choice (read:only choice) i have left is the 520D at Audi (the first car i saw, VSD's suggestion).
Drove a Mercedes E Class 350, doesn't excite me one bit, i'm sorry if i waste your time VSD, it was an honest lack of knowledge about the car (the lead you had mentioned), however i wanted to come back to you with a certain response.

Thanks a lot guys, you've been more than helpful. (please let the leads coming
Old 4th December 2015, 17:57   #338
BHPian

Quote:

To update, my search has yielded 0 results so far. And i think the best choice (read:only choice) i have left is the 520D at Audi (the first car i saw, VSD's suggestion).
Drove a Mercedes E Class 350, doesn't excite me one bit, i'm sorry if i waste your time VSD, it was an honest lack of knowledge about the car (the lead you had mentioned), however i wanted to come back to you with a certain response.

Thanks a lot guys, you've been more than helpful. (please let the leads coming
i saw a post in HT classified couple of weeks back of a 530D (2014 reg) for sale because the owner was going abroad. if you subscribe to HT you can ferret that posting out. i think it was a weekday (either thu/wed; there is one weekday when HT has some limited car classifieds on. it is a small 4 page supplement) and on that saturday's paper. may be a long shot but whats the harm trying.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 10:12   #339
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Drove a Mercedes E Class 350, doesn't excite me one bit
So true. The last time I was with an E350 CDI on the highway, I chose to calmly cruise. 6-cylinders, empty road, but I still didn't push it. Was a very boring drive. My C220 was a lot more fun in comparison. However, if you are looking at comfort & space, the E-Class is the pick of the segment.
Old 6th December 2015, 10:56   #340
BHPian

Quote:

The thing is, i'm not sure if i'll be around in Delhi for too long (it's a matter of chance if i'll stick around after 1.5 years) so I'm unable to justify paying too much for a car (and the reason for buying pre-owned).. I was thinking I should spend under 25 or something, which price range is also getting me a couple of good cars like the 520D at Audi Approved.
Well, I too am in the same boat, and looking for used 5ers in Delhi/NCR within the 30L budget. But mind you, this budget will mostly get you a 2011/12 520d with around 25-30k on the odo. Check out online classifieds, there are plenty of well maintained 520s around, in whatever trim you fancy. You can also find a lot of 525s online. In fact, have a look at http://olx.in/item/bmw-525-d-dec-201...tml#e8de7e3613, only if you're okay with a 2010 model. 525s will satisfy the straight 6 urge and also come off as budget friendly. A well maintained used 530d is hard to find in Delhi/NCR though there are plenty of 'em in Mumbai. But if you're not specifically keen on the 530d and the RWD fetish, you might look for A6 3.0 TDIs within the 25-35 lac range. The straight line performance is definitely comparable with enough push in the seat to excite you and it's a car, that has and will age gracefully. Do look out for one. Cheers!

Last edited by mohaks19 : 6th December 2015 at 11:13.
mohaks19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 16:27   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
But if you're not specifically keen on the 530d and the RWD fetish, you might look for A6 3.0 TDIs within the 25-35 lac range. The straight line performance is definitely comparable with enough push in the seat to excite you and it's a car, that has and will age gracefully. Do look out for one. Cheers!

In case of the A6, the quattro ensures that there is absolutely no drama. Its clinical but can get mild for those wanting to get dramatic. (read - catch the tail out)

Straight line speed however its bloody quick. The A6 was actually the quicker car until the 5's facelift when they added more power + torque. AFAIK they are now even.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 17:34   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
In case of the A6, the quattro ensures that there is absolutely no drama. Its clinical but can get mild for those wanting to get dramatic. (read - catch the tail out)

Straight line speed however its bloody quick. The A6 was actually the quicker car until the 5's facelift when they added more power + torque. AFAIK they are now even.
Exactly. A6 is for people who want absolute straight line performance with phenomenal levels of grip on the road. In fact, A6 makes the driver look good whereas one has to work with a 5er. Likewise, one can't swing the tail out with Quattro; BMW is much better in that regard. Also, A6's EPS unit can be described in one word - boring. There's ABSOLUTELY no feedback. Nonetheless, A6's performance can still put a permanent smile on anyone's face, just like a 530d does. Moreover, it offers just 'slightly' better quality interiors though there's nothing to complain about in the 530d. And it's easily available too in the used car market. It ultimately comes down to one's preferences.

P.S. You're right. Earlier, A6 was the quicker of the two; M-Sport Version of the 5er made it even.

Last edited by mohaks19 : 6th December 2015 at 17:37.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:13   #343
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But mind you, this budget will mostly get you a 2011/12 520d with around 25-30k on the odo.
Are you serious? You can get a 2011 530d for that money in Mumbai. I thought Delhi was cheaper!

Quote:
525s will satisfy the straight 6 urge and also come off as budget friendly.
Even the 6-cylinder 525d is a very accomplished sedan.

Quote:
you might look for A6 3.0 TDIs within the 25-35 lac range
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
In case of the A6, the quattro ensures that there is absolutely no drama.
Quote:
A6 is for people who want absolute straight line performance with phenomenal levels of grip on the road.
The A6 3.0 is damn good. Very quick, more back seat space and a truly timeless design. Always makes my head turn.

But the steering is numb and in terms of driving feel + fun, RWD > AWD. AWD feels dull in comparison.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 11:22   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Are you serious? You can get a 2011 530d for that money in Mumbai. I thought Delhi was cheaper!
Unfortunately, it's true. The under 27 lac range only gets a 2011 520d with reasonable or low (if lucky) distance on the odo.
Old 7th December 2015, 11:23   #345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The A6 3.0 is damn good. Very quick, more back seat space and a truly timeless design. Always makes my head turn.

But the steering is numb and in terms of driving feel + fun, RWD > AWD. AWD feels dull in comparison.
You guys are forgetting the ride of the A6 which is awesome with the air suspension and 17" wheels.

Though I agree in terms of driving the A6 is best driven in a relaxed manner.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed