RJK
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post

The BSI you mean ???

3.6 lakhs to be precise.

I did. Know what you mean. Thanx.
Harish - Where are you getting it from ? Infinity or Navnit ? My dad is sitting on the fence on buying a german car and I prefer the Bimmer to anything else. Like you, we also have to buy if we do end up buying before March. Would be helpful if you could PM me the deal that you're getting.

Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2016 at 15:55. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 25th January 2016, 15:30   #377
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Would be helpful if you could PM me the deal that you're getting.
Would help you, but it defeats the purpose of an open forum like Team-BHP.

A PM helps one person, a public forum post could help thousands. Please don't ask for information to be shared via PMs.

Thanks!
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 23:02   #378
RJK
Senior - BHPian

GTO- I have absolutely no problem if Harish shares the deal here. It's only based on the previous observation where members say, "Oh I can't publicly share my deal, PM me if more info is required etc". This is what I've read on multiple occasions.

Last edited by GTO : 26th January 2016 at 17:35. Reason: Don't want to reply & take the thread off-topic, but it's best NOT to encourage such behaviour.
RJK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 11:01   #379
BHPian

I was a silent reader of this thread.
Finally followed your footsteps

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-1.jpg
mikon is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 08:25   #380
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
I was a silent reader of this thread.
Finally followed your footsteps
Looks HOT, congratulations! More details please - model, kms, price etc.

What are your initial impressions? How about an ownership thread?

Wish you many happy kms with the beast .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 11:54   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks HOT, congratulations! More details please - model, kms, price etc.

What are your initial impressions? How about an ownership thread?

Wish you many happy kms with the beast .
Thanks!
It's a 2010 530D. I'll put an ownership thread & details.

Initial impression : Too HOT to handle

Upgraded the alloys as of now with staggered setup.
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-2.jpg

Again thanks to you(for the detailed thread)!

Last edited by mikon : 28th January 2016 at 11:57.
mikon is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 12:56   #382
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's a 2010 530D. I'll put an ownership thread & details.
Congrats again! Your previous car was a pre-owned Laura TSI. Now, that's what I call upgrading from one pre-worshipped ride to another .

It sure is raining 530ds on Team-BHP. Harishv has made his mind up on one, there's yours and another BHPian (I'll leave the announcement to him) is making an offer on a white 530d. That's 3 in 2 weeks!

Quote:
Hahaha, the acceleration is mind-blowing.

Quote:
M5-style, no less! That, and the subtle M colours on the grille, look wicked man.

Quote:
Happy to hear that. Your car has more rear legroom than mine, thanks to the seat design.

Looking forward to your thread. It'll greatly help other prospective 530d owners.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 13:07   #383
BANNED

A couple of points:

1. Avoid using the car for your daily commute if you can. One hour of stop - go traffic is more harmful than 10 hours of redlining ! And you at least have fun when you're redlining.

2. If you can, do not keep the car in the open during the monsoons, the condensation will play havoc with the electronics. Jeeps will handle monsoon sfar more easily.

Had a F10 530 d for about 7 days a couple of weeks ago. Have to say the new dual ball joint short - long arm front suspension is a huge step up in improving high stability and driving feel. It is surprisingly chuckable at high speeds too. Although the general opinion is that the E60 is a better driver's car, I don't think so, the only area where the E60 would be very marginally better would be in its ability to take corners but the far better high speed stability of the F10 more than makes up for it.

On another note, the F30 is no more a driver's car. The E90 was infinitely superior and it's sad that the laws of physics have killed a good car. The F30's comfortably-fast zone is about 20-30 kmph lower than the E90. BMW, have been quite honest about this and have removed the tag line of the ultimate driving machine from the 3 and use it now only with reference to the 2. Sadly, that isn't coming to India.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 09:32   #384
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks VeyronSuperSprt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Avoid using the car for your daily commute if you can. One hour of stop - go traffic is more harmful than 10 hours of redlining ! And you at least have fun when you're redlining.
It's a regular sedan, not a Ferrari . Honestly, I don't think twice before using it anywhere. But yes, one thing I'm particular about is safe parking.

Quote:
If you can, do not keep the car in the open during the monsoons, the condensation will play havoc with the electronics. Jeeps will handle monsoon sfar more easily.
While she's currently parked in the garage, I'm going to be moving her out soon. Again, not really worried about this (other than rat-proofing the car).

Quote:
Had a F10 530 d for about 7 days a couple of weeks ago. Have to say the new dual ball joint short - long arm front suspension is a huge step up in improving high stability and driving feel. It is surprisingly chuckable at high speeds too. Although the general opinion is that the E60 is a better driver's car, I don't think so, the only area where the E60 would be very marginally better would be in its ability to take corners but the far better high speed stability of the F10 more than makes up for it.
Yes, the F10 has awesome high speed stability. Its suspension also keeps the car more planted than the E60 on bad roads. That said, the E60's handling was definitely superior / sharper. The F10 is more comfort oriented. While the dynamics & sheer grip levels are awesome, it's not like the E60. Also, in the F10, you feel the hefty weight when pushing, which wasn't the case with the E60. But for Indian conditions, the F10's suspension is my preferred choice. The E60 was simply too bone-jarring.

To summarise, the E60 was a sports sedan. The F10 is a luxury sedan.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 15:31   #385
BHPian

Hello GTO,

Owning a luxury Sedan with a turbocharged Diesel 6 under the hood with very complex internals, would you at any point of your ownership consider utilizing Engine oil additives like liqui moly/STP .

Does BMW Diesel 6s by default come with additives added from factory?

If you do not intend to use, let know why ? as there is always a mixed bag of opinion with respect to oil additives.

The aim to ask this was to know if the engine is already very refined why not use additives to silence it further & at the same time help enhance the working life of the mechanical components life.

There is always a guideline/warning stated by car companies to use pure unadulterated diesel without additives, but not seen anywhere about advising owners to refrain from using Oil additives.

Last edited by sriramr9 : 23rd February 2016 at 15:34.
Old 24th February 2016, 07:52   #386
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Owning a luxury Sedan with a turbocharged Diesel 6 under the hood with very complex internals, would you at any point of your ownership consider utilizing Engine oil additives like liqui moly/STP .
No ways.

Purity of diesel, good quality oil & timely fluid changes are the most important. It's best to stick to BMW's recommendations & service schedules only. They don't recommend any additives (oil or fuel).

Even for my other cars, I've never been a believer of fuel or oil additives. Again, purity & quality are key.

Last edited by GTO : 24th February 2016 at 07:53.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 15:36   #387
BHPian

To add :
Since I had a bottle of Diesel STP lying around with me, used it yesterday while refueling along with MAF cleaning (thanks to Amey!). Engine is running bit smoother.

Else, I always use regular diesel from Shell.
Old 24th February 2016, 18:50   #388
Team-BHP Support

Recently BMW Dealers have started promoting some additives, they have got small leaflet printed, I will try to find an upload shortly.
Quote:
Engine is running bit smoother.
I doubt one can make out smoothness or refinement on such engines just by adding something - must be phycological happens all the time when we do something different
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 20:42   #389
mxh
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1465823

Damn!! That is one mean machine! The alloys look sexy. The car needs a good wax though. Looking forward to your ownership thread! Man, do i envy you guys.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 08:54   #390
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since I had a bottle of Diesel STP lying around with me, used it yesterday while refueling along with MAF cleaning (thanks to Amey!). Engine is running bit smoother.
Placebo effect .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Recently BMW Dealers have started promoting some additives, they have got small leaflet printed, I will try to find an upload shortly.
I wouldn't trust the dealers - from teflon coating to carbon-cleaning to engine coating, they've tried it all!

Don't try to fix what isn't broken, guys. Just focus on purity & quality of fuel / lubes.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks