Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 09:26   #406
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Recently BMW Dealers have started promoting some additives, they have got small leaflet printed, I will try to find an upload shortly.

They are now selling this through their dealership. Costs Rs 950/- per bottle. I am trying this in my X1.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-imageuploadedbyteambhp1457495633.859632.jpg
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 15:44   #407
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Hey last year I saw you twice at Sangam Auto Works with the hood opened. What was the issue?
Old 22nd March 2016, 00:48   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Hey last year I saw you twice at Sangam Auto Works with the hood opened. What was the issue?

I think he would have been getting the tar brushes fitted near the engine bay.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 08:05   #409
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 KMPH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I think he would have been getting the tar brushes fitted near the engine bay.
Tanveer is close. Was getting the Varna rat repellent fitted.

Might be removing it now though with all the other rat-deterrent stuff (tar brushes, Honda rodent tape) that I'm getting done.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 13:55   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tanveer is close. Was getting the
What was the service bill GTO? Interested in knowing on how much does a 530D cost to service, how many months/kms does the cbs now show to next service? I think Akshay had posted that bmw have reduced service intervals for Indian cars.
Tried to find out about required air filter, diesel filter replacement interval for bmw cars in India but was unable to locate the info, i think that air filter, diesel filter etc are not covered under cbs.

I so wish that adaptive dampers were optional on the F30, they have made a mess of the rear suspension for our ride quality loving market, planning on getting B6 after a few months, eventually killing my 5 year suspension warranty.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 22nd March 2016 at 13:59.
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:57   #411
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
What was the service bill GTO? Interested in knowing on how much does a 530D cost to service, how many months/kms does the cbs now show to next service? I think Akshay had posted that bmw have reduced service intervals for Indian cars.
Give me a couple of days. I'll be putting up a full report with pictures etc. Will also include pics of the rat-proofing stuff that I got done (hopefully helps others too). Still a WIP.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 19:47   #412
Senior - BHPian

I've been having a tough time staying away from this thread after being told not to even think of buying a BMW or any other luxury car. I had made up my mind to pick up one after reading this thread.
With the recent price hikes and road tax hikes, it makes even more sense picking up used cars.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:41   #413
BHPian

Whilst selling my used BMW 320 (Corporate Edition) last year, the BMW used car division in Kochi (Platino Classic) told me about a 520d 2011 model in Trivandrum for 30 lakhs which has clocked only circa 25,000 kms- however, one BMW acquaintance close to me said that the service costs run north of INR 50,000 always and is quite expensive to maintain as opposed to the 3-series. BSI ofcourse on the vehicle had run out and the owner was trying to sell it back to the BMW as part of their buy-back program.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 12:20   #414
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My Pre-Worshipped Beast

Remember this statement?

Quote:
The third was how sibling dynamics change with time. An S-Class might cost twice the money of an E-Class in the showroom. However, once it's 5 years old, that gap diminishes to hardly anything. There's no real price difference between an immaculate E350 & S350 once they age. At the most, it's a handful of lakhs. I saw many E & S-Class' and 5 & 7-Series of the same vintage at prices that were within an arm's length of each other.
Someone I know is looking out for a used 7-Series.

2013 530ds are still trading for a little over 40 lakhs. 2013 730d? In the same ballpark. The price difference between the 5 & 7-Series is 3 lakhs at best in the used market for 3 year old examples. Example 1, 2 and 3.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 12:24   #415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Remember this statement?

Someone I know is looking out for a used 7-Series.

2013 530ds are still trading for a little over 40 lakhs. 2013 730d? In the same ballpark. The price difference between the 5 & 7-Series is 3 lakhs at best in the used market for 3 year old examples. Example 1, 2 and 3.
Have you seen the prices of Bangled 7's? In the teens for what is a pretty good driving machine!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 17:40   #416
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Have you seen the prices of Bangled 7's? In the teens for what is a pretty good driving machine!
You would have to PAY ME good money if this creature needed a spot in my garage

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-40732.jpg

On a more serious note, have seen these ugly ones move even at 6 lakhs in Mumbai.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 12:33   #417
BHPian

The 530d is a great machine. I have 2014 530d M-Sport. Recently replaced the tyres with Pirellis and kept the staggered setup as it is. The stock Continentals are as hard as rock, you feel the jerks inside the cabin on them. Pirelli tyres are much softer yet still run flat. Car is still under warranty and so did not want the dealer to blame the tyres if something happens during my BSI ultimate coverage still being alive. Also @GTO, which workshop do you take the car to for servicing. I am basically from Nasik and we do not have a dealer here.
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 10:29   #418
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
Recently replaced the tyres with Pirellis and kept the staggered setup as it is. The stock Continentals are as hard as rock, you feel the jerks inside the cabin on them. Pirelli tyres are much softer yet still run flat.

Quote:
@GTO, which workshop do you take the car to for servicing. I am basically from Nasik and we do not have a dealer here.
Navnit Motors @ Andheri. Talk to Laukik out there - he's awesome.
Old 29th March 2016, 12:51   #419
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Scheduled Service Update!

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-3.jpg

First & most important, I'm extremely pleased with the service quality at Navnit Motors. Service advisor Laukik (who'd also done the PPI before I bought the car) is fantastic! During the C220's ownership, Auto Hangar bent over backward to keep me happy; seeing the same with my first BMW.

I'm a big 'to-do list' guy and had emailed Navnit details of all the work that's to be performed. Was pleasantly surprised to see Laukik strictly adhering to that to-do list. For whatever updates were to be provided, he'd draft a neat email with comments (just the way I like it).

• 3M Worli charged me 10k for a detailing job that I wasn't entirely happy with (it was good, but not excellent). Since the car was already at Navnit, I asked them to get the exterior + interior detailing done @ 15k. They did a fabulous job. While the exterior is all shiny & glossy, the interior feels like it belongs to a showroom car. Smells good too.

• I felt that the radiator grille wore excessive chrome (typical of cars sold in India). Thus, decided to give her the M5 treatment (reference image). Matte black colour with a finish that's factory-like.

• Remember how I'd mentioned that the LHS sunvisor mirror was cracked by the previous owner? Navnit & BMW replaced it for free. Their reasoning is, it has to be a manufacturing or installation defect as the mirror is otherwise impossible to break. Replaced under warranty. I was obviously ready to pay, thus their proactive nature made me smile.

• BMW's leather is simply not as durable as that of Mercedes!! The driver's seat is already showing a fair bit of wear, while the driver's headrest had a patch that was worn out; this was worsened by my peon who thought it's dirt and tried to clean it. Got it repaired by Navnit for 5,500 bucks.

• Rear bumper was misaligned. The used car dealer had touched up the bumper, but it wasn't fitted back perfectly (no one other than a BHPian would notice it). Got it aligned perfectly.

• Likewise with the tweeter cover on the driver's door & the LHS headlamp washer cover.

• Got Honda's Rodent Tape applied to the critical wires. Have called for 3 more packs and will be applying it to all other wires in April.

• Mechanical faults = zero .

• What Navnit couldn't do - disable that irritating idling start / stop system. Have to manually deactivate it every time I start the car. In the new 5-Series, it remembers your choice even after restarting. Will have to code.

• When you own a premium car, you are officially part of the rip-off club (map update for 10k, anyone?). The pickup & drop-off charges are 1,200 bucks!! I have no time for this stuff during regular working hours so, as long as the driver delivers the car in one piece, I have no problem.

Actual service cost would've been 20k. I added a lot of extras over it (detailing, blackening grilles, headrest repair etc.):
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-1.jpg

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-2.jpg

Also made my parking spot 'rat proof'. More details at this link:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-5.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2016 at 13:32.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 13:50   #420
BHPian

The rat proofing idea is great, but you just have to remember never to drive off in a hurry at night without removing the fence

Wouldnt it be more preventive to have a frame with a bar at eye level? And stick reflective tape on these bars. So that when you are seated in the car, you look out the windshield you see the bars with reflective tape and remember that you have to remove the barricades!
abeerbagul is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed