Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2016, 12:56   #421
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Navnit Motors @ Andheri. Talk to Laukik out there - he's awesome.
My experience with Infinity has been nothing but pain both pre and post sales. I actually got the car from Infinity itself last November but had multiple issues since the start and they are still going on.
  1. Stock continentals were in such bad shape that the car wobbled.
  2. They took 4 months to replace 4 tyres with my BSI Ultimate and Secure both in place and valid.
  3. Car had Ambient lighting being dim. They fixed it but now the high end HK sound system breaks sound like I am listening to music in a rickshaw.
  4. Engine mounts blasted off within days of ownership and they replaced it.
  5. Even after that, car had a irate engine noise when decelerating from 3rd to 2nd around 20 kmph. After months of explaining things to them and keeping the car there for 16-17 days they said it was fixed after they updated software version for transmission adaptation. However, while the noise has lowered but its still not completely fixed.

I am currently in communication with BMW directly to see what they advice. Do you think Navnit technicians might figure out the issue and fix ?
shashankw839 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 14:36   #422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Stock continentals were in such bad shape that the car wobbled.
Never heard something like this, were these from start or did you went over something crude ?

Quote:
They took 4 months to replace 4 tyres with my BSI Ultimate and Secure both in place and valid
Your tyres must be intact and probably they would have not figured how to handle your complaint relating to wobbling or was this something separately ?
Quote:
Car had Ambient lighting being dim. They fixed it but now the high end HK sound system breaks sound like I am listening to music in a rickshaw
Even I find this dim but with my experience in different cars ( 530 / 730 ) this is probably the way it is unless they have done something differently I am not aware if this is due to a fault at first place. Sound break that you have referred - does this happen with all sources - like CD, bluetooth , radio or just happens only with bluetooth?
Quote:
Engine mounts blasted off within days of ownership and they replaced it.
Again that's strange for a new car , these are good for 3-4 Years / 60-80 K at-least by my experience
Quote:
car had a irate engine noise when decelerating from 3rd to 2nd around 20 kmph
Is this in Manual mode only ?

Quote:
I am currently in communication with BMW directly to see what they advice.
I am not sure if they will correspond directly apart from the usual blah blah mails. It does appear that your car has certainly gone over some bad patch or had taken a hit - perhaps you were not at wheels or have not shared this information here. Whatever you have listed is hard to believe going by my past experience with many BMW's , 2 of these happen to be 530-D

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd April 2016 at 14:39.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 11:34   #423
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
The rat proofing idea is great, but you just have to remember never to drive off in a hurry at night without removing the fence
I'm not known to be careless , so this isn't something I'm worried about. Taking the car out requires the car cover to be removed, fence to be placed on the side and the gate to be unlocked. Watchman takes care of all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
My experience with Infinity has been nothing but pain both pre and post sales. I actually got the car from Infinity itself last November but had multiple issues since the start and they are still going on.
Damn, sorry to hear about your problems!

Quote:
Stock continentals were in such bad shape that the car wobbled.
Can you also get your rims checked? These 18 inchers can & will bend on bad roads. A regular problem with massive wheels & low profile tyres.

Quote:
Car had Ambient lighting being dim. They fixed it but now the high end HK sound system breaks sound like I am listening to music in a rickshaw.
I'm sure you already know this, but there is a brightness setting for the ambient lighting. Did you try pushing it up?

Quote:
Engine mounts blasted off within days of ownership and they replaced it.
That's unheard of in a brand new car.

Quote:
they said it was fixed after they updated software version for transmission adaptation
I think it was Akshay1234 who mentioned a software update for the tranny. When my car went in for its service last month, I told them to update it. Turns out, my car was already running the latest version (perhaps it was updated at the 1st service or during the PPI).
Old 4th April 2016, 11:53   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Never heard something like this, were these from start or did you went over something crude ?

Your tyres must be intact and probably they would have not figured how to handle your complaint relating to wobbling or was this something separately ?

Even I find this dim but with my experience in different cars ( 530 / 730 ) this is probably the way it is unless they have done something differently I am not aware if this is due to a fault at first place. Sound break that you have referred - does this happen with all sources - like CD, bluetooth , radio or just happens only with bluetooth?

Again that's strange for a new car , these are good for 3-4 Years / 60-80 K at-least by my experience

Is this in Manual mode only ?

I am not sure if they will correspond directly apart from the usual blah blah mails. It does appear that your car has certainly gone over some bad patch or had taken a hit - perhaps you were not at wheels or have not shared this information here. Whatever you have listed is hard to believe going by my past experience with many BMW's , 2 of these happen to be 530-D

Nope, the car is pre-owned sold thru Infinity's BMW premium selection. The webbing of the tyres was seen when I initially inspected it before buying the car. I had immediately asked the pre-sales guy for the replacement and I was told just because the car had everything covered under the Secure package I could get it done post sales. However, I was never told I would need to contribute my part as well. The post sales experience has been horrible because they did not even respond until I contacted BMW India directly.

Also, I have not even used the car for more than 700kms since the purchase, the car has just been making rounds on their workshop for no good. I could not use the car initially due to the tyre issues and then due to the car being kept at the workshop for the engine noise.

I have attached pics of the tyres. They almost had 0 grip which is why the car wobbled. 530d is a powerful machine and you need grip on the tyres the way it pushes you during acceleration at the start.

They compared the ambient lighting with other 530ds and it was found to be dim. It has now finally been settled after they replaced the LED lights. So it was a fault for sure.

The sound tears apart from all sources and it started happening after their ambient light fix. Apparently they opened the doors during the replacement of the LED lights and did not fix something properly. The noise is more of a mechanical issue it seems.

When the engine mounts burst, the car was 18 months old and had 28k kms on it.

The engine noise happens in auto mode. BMW India did respond with the usual bla bla telling that the dealer is working hard and allow some time and some old story..

Probably, having a different dealer look can help ?
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img20151128160321.jpg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img20151128160417.jpg  

shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 12:38   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Scheduled Service Update!

Attachment 1491611

Actual service cost would've been 20k. I added a lot of extras over it (detailing, blackening grilles, headrest repair etc.):
I am extremely surprised and pleased to see the bill for service. I see oil filter replaced, but no change of air filter or AC filter as a standard replacements, the way VW does?

regarding engine oil, i met the distributor guy of exxonmobil automotive lubricants for Mobil 1. They are confident that in indian conditions, the oil can last for minimum 30000 kms, however in europe they have tested for 120000 kms as well. I am thinking to opt for this option, maintaining the same XXWXX once my jetta is out of warranty. Any opinion on this?
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 12:49   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have attached pics of the tyres. They almost had 0 grip which is why the car wobbled
well you can't run a 530 with such tyres for sure and must have demanded a new set at time of purchase , BSI or whatever covers damaged tyre not worn out , with a staggered setup in 530-D , 28 K is already past expected life from the tyres - get these changed ASAP.
Quote:
the car was 18 months old and had 28k kms on it.
Even for this ,its too early perhaps car has been driven hard. You will probably have to get rims changed as well, when you go for a tyre change you should inspect rims at time of balancing and take a decision.

Quote:
The engine noise happens in auto mode
Ok but how will you know that this happens when shifting from 3rd to 2nd ? I don't think we can see gear ratios unless running manual but this can be physiological as well - it happens when you don't get what you were expecting - try a similar run 530-D perhaps ask dealership to let you sit in something similar when they have one in service. Or go for an extended test drive with some senior mechanic of theirs , since its under BSI dealer will be happy to find a fault and get an opportunity to repair and claim from BMW.

My suggestion - get new tyres / rims + a good indoor and exterior treatment done - I am sure you will start enjoying this

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th April 2016 at 13:06.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 13:30   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope, the car is pre-owned sold thru Infinity's BMW premium selection. The webbing of the tyres was seen when I initially inspected it before buying the car. I had immediately asked the pre-sales guy for the replacement and I was told just because the car had everything covered under the Secure package I could get it done post sales. However, I was never told I would need to contribute my part as well. The post sales experience has been horrible because they did not even respond until I contacted BMW India directly.
Speak to Alex on 9167680170. He is the customer relationship manager for Infinity after sales. He should be able to help you out.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 14:13   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
well you can't run a 530 with such tyres for sure and must have demanded a new set at time of purchase , BSI or whatever covers damaged tyre not worn out , with a staggered setup in 530-D , 28 K is already past expected life from the tyres - get these changed ASAP.

Even for this ,its too early perhaps car has been driven hard. You will probably have to get rims changed as well, when you go for a tyre change you should inspect rims at time of balancing and take a decision.

Ok but how will you know that this happens when shifting from 3rd to 2nd ? I don't think we can see gear ratios unless running manual but this can be physiological as well - it happens when you don't get what you were expecting - try a similar run 530-D perhaps ask dealership to let you sit in something similar when they have one in service. Or go for an extended test drive with some senior mechanic of theirs , since its under BSI dealer will be happy to find a fault and get an opportunity to repair and claim from BMW.

My suggestion - get new tyres / rims + a good indoor and exterior treatment done - I am sure you will start enjoying this
I had demanded the tyre replacement at the time of purchase. However, I was explained I could get it done anytime without an issue due to the BSI and secure coverage. This continued even 1 month after the car purchase when I was lead to believe that I was getting a free replacement. They however denied a free replacement when I took the car to their Turbhe workshop.

All the rims have been checked, one of them was replaced as well for a crack and now it has 4 new Pirelli's with good rims (as per them) . I have been on test drives with multiple people from the dealership for quite a few times. The engine issue occurs during the 3rd to 2nd downshift is something they have told me. I am not sure how but they have figured it out somehow. I have driven multiple 530s in the past and currently one of my buddies also owns one. None of them have this issue which is why I noticed it in the first place. The only reason for me to own a 530 was the awesome performance and refinement seen on these other cars I have driven. The car was already at the workshop for 17 days where they were trying to find the engine noise fault but all I was told was that a software update was done and that has fixed the engine noise issue. However, the fact is that the noise has indeed lowered a bit but not gone completely. It also happens a few slowdown cycles where as it was happening on every cycle before.

@akshay1234 : I have been banging my head for months now with Alex as well. Not much success. He is in fact, the Turbhe workshop cs manager.

Just forgot to post two links before. You can find the engine noise as it was heard inside and outside from the car here:

This was when the mounts had burst.

Last edited by GTO : 5th April 2016 at 10:10. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 5th April 2016, 10:17   #429
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope, the car is pre-owned sold through Infinity's BMW premium selection.
Ah, how much did you get it for?

Quote:
The webbing of the tyres was seen when I initially inspected it before buying the car. I had immediately asked the pre-sales guy for the replacement and I was told just because the car had everything covered under the Secure package I could get it done post sales
Tyre wear & tear is never covered by BMW's packages. You should have gotten them changed before delivery, or taken it in writing.

Damn, those tyres look awful. Would have been very dangerous driving with them.

Quote:
Also, I have not even used the car for more than 700kms since the purchase, the car has just been making rounds on their workshop for no good. I could not use the car initially due to the tyre issues and then due to the car being kept at the workshop for the engine noise.
Was this a test-drive car? Did you not notice this sound before buying the car? Sure looks like it was put through rough use previously. Either ways, since you are covered by warranty, just get it fixed once and for all. Keep putting pressure on BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
They are confident that in indian conditions, the oil can last for minimum 30000 kms, however in europe they have tested for 120000 kms as well.
With Indian driving conditions, heat & dust, I'll never go over 10,000 kms between oil changes (even on Mobil 1).

Quote:
However, the fact is that the noise has indeed lowered a bit but not gone completely.
I know smartphones can amplify engine noise, but that sounds dreadful. Since you've had no luck at Turbhe, can you please send the car to Laukik @ Andheri?
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 10:27   #430
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@akshay1234 : I have been banging my head for months now with Alex as well. Not much success. He is in fact, the Turbhe workshop cs manager.
What is the response from BMW India? What usually happens is until the workshop guys acknowledge the issue themselves, they don't really do anything about it. Have they agreed on the issues now, or are they saying the vehicle is fine?

Do call up the BMW India helpline and complain. Their customer service is good and make take a few days but they will definitely help you out.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 15:25   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, how much did you get it for?

Tyre wear & tear is never covered by BMW's packages. You should have gotten them changed before delivery, or taken it in writing.

Damn, those tyres look awful. Would have been very dangerous driving with them.

Was this a test-drive car? Did you not notice this sound before buying the car? Sure looks like it was put through rough use previously. Either ways, since you are covered by warranty, just get it fixed once and for all. Keep putting pressure on BMW.

With Indian driving conditions, heat & dust, I'll never go over 10,000 kms between oil changes (even on Mobil 1).

I know smartphones can amplify engine noise, but that sounds dreadful. Since you've had no luck at Turbhe, can you please send the car to Laukik @ Andheri?
The car cost is almost a good hefty amount :P . I made a mistake of not taking the tyre replacement stuff in writing from the pre-sales guys. The tyres were indeed dangerous and so I could not use the car. I hit a wet road by chance for a short distance and the car almost skid because there was no braking grip at all.

The car was not a test car. It was privately used by someone. There was some noise from the start on the car but I was told this noise was due to the bad tyres. On close observation, I had also noticed the tyres made considerable noise around that time. The car is in warranty, but the time they have taken to acknowledge the issues is 4 months now which is simply not acceptable.

I believe I can try Navnit but the thing is I am wasting my previous kms from the BSI coverage traveling to Mumbai. I have had to travel almost 6 times in 4 months now.

I raised a few questions to the workshop when they told me that the software upgrade had lowered the engine noise ( as per them it fixed ). However, there is a major question to which they still have not been able to give a proper answer. Can I please get inputs on what you guys think about it ?

Q. If the issue was with the transmission software version, how come the previous owner did not notice it because he put in 28k km on the car?

A. To this they replied that my driving style was different than the previous owner's and so the car sent the vibrations during the downshifts which were felt in the chassis and steering.

I do not find this answer acceptable at all. Frankly, bmw did not build this car to be driven by a single person. Even a tata nano can be driven by multiple people and it does not send any vibrations as such when the driver changes. How come a car like the 530d is not adaptable to be driven by multiple people? If this is a software bug with the version installed on the car, there would be atleast a few thousand people across the globe who would be using the same version as mine. How come no one else noticed it ?

They have not answered any of my questions yet.

@akshay1234 : BMW India had replied asking time to be allowed for the dealer to work on the issue. Nothing after that. I would be calling them asking for an update soon.
Old 5th April 2016, 17:18   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Q. If the issue was with the transmission software version, how come the previous owner did not notice it because he put in 28k km on the car?
How do you know the previous owner hasn't taken it to the workshop due to this problem? Maybe he sold it after giving up on them. Ask them to show the complete service/repair history.

Quote:
A. To this they replied that my driving style was different than the previous owner's and so the car sent the vibrations during the downshifts which were felt in the chassis and steering.
Total BS. You should ask them to give this in writing so you can take it up with BMW.

Looks like they are in denial mode because now the problem is not as consistent as before. You need to test drive the car under different conditions to find the conditions that amplify the noise consistently. Like shifting during high RPMs (60kmph 3rd to 2nd?), low RPM, cold start, shifting on ramps, kick down, etc.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 11:44   #433
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I believe I can try Navnit but the thing is I am wasting my previous kms from the BSI coverage traveling to Mumbai. I have had to travel almost 6 times in 4 months now.
Yeah, just go to another service advisor / dealer and get it sorted once and for all. Keep BMW in the loop.

Honestly, a Mercedes would make more sense for you since they have dealer presence in Nashik. A 6 - 7 hour round trip for garage visits is too much. I had an oil leak once in my C220 at Deolali; Mercedes technicians came down to check it in a matter of hours.

Drop your car off at the dealer, and refuse to take it back until the problem is solved to your satisfaction.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 14:31   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, the car is pre-owned sold thru Infinity's BMW premium selection.
I had the exact same issue with BMW Premium selection where they delivered my car with tire that went flat during delivery. I kicked their asses at the time of delivery and they changed the tire, they had the audacity to try and charge me for the fitting etc!

The service centre at Faridabad (which claims to be the biggest in ASIA) is also absolutely horrid, the head of service Mr Shemby in-fact accused me of damaging my own car when I pointed out that the interiors were covered in grease and they put tool marks on my car.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 19:29   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, just go to another service advisor / dealer and get it sorted once and for all. Keep BMW in the loop.

Honestly, a Mercedes would make more sense for you since they have dealer presence in Nashik. A 6 - 7 hour round trip for garage visits is too much. I had an oil leak once in my C220 at Deolali; Mercedes technicians came down to check it in a matter of hours.

Drop your car off at the dealer, and refuse to take it back until the problem is solved to your satisfaction.
I have had a E class before, then an audi a6. Wanted a 6 cylinder engine and a couple of friends from Nasik already have 530ds. They have had no issues with no BMW presence in Nasik. I had already kept the car at the workshop for 17 days and they did not fix it completely. Keeping the car with them seems to be just a waste of time and EMI.

@quickdraw . Did you contact BMW India ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks