GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Got my spare tyre! Link to report.

GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 17:27   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to be reminded of this mess - no spare wheel, no spare wheel well! The newly launched Jaguar XE comes with spare wheel and spare wheel well. Time to move to Jag as a sweet revenge!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 00:55   #483
BHPian

Was really bored of amber interior lights, ordered these white LEDs from AliExpress and four M sport shadow lights suitable for the F10.

Package consisted following:
  • 3 front dome leds
  • 3 rear reading leds
  • 2 footwell leds
  • 2 vanity sun visor leds
  • 1 trunk led

Costed me 3k including shipping, also E-sys cable for coding has arrived, will keep you updated.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_20160602_214317.jpg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_20160602_214344.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd June 2016 at 10:42. Reason: Adding some formatting + correcting spelling errors. Please check your post before submitting...
kedarwalke is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 02:14   #484
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The M shadow lights look cool and whacky at the same time. I like it much better than the ones provided on the RR.
Old 3rd June 2016, 19:30   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Was really bored of amber interior lights, ordered these white LEDs from AliExpress and four M sport shadow lights suitable for the F10.
!
Looks good, I think the BMW logo could be a hit or a miss, But the M sport badge sure looks unique, Did you DIY or got it done from outside? If so can i know the place where you got it installed?
Old 4th June 2016, 09:51   #486
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congrats! These cars are so customisable that once the bug bites you, there's no turning back.

Personally though, I prefer amber / yellow roof lights (even at home or in the office). Not a fan of white lights.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 15:21   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Looks good, I think the BMW logo could be a hit or a miss, But the M sport badge sure looks unique, Did you DIY or got it done from outside? If so can i know the place where you got it installed?
Even the BMW workshop has these logo if you want something fullproof. They give a choice of 3 logos which you can shift anytime after installing them. However the cost of them is I think around 12K which is obviously very high.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 16:36   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats! These cars are so customisable that once the bug bites you, there's no turning back.

Personally though, I prefer amber / yellow roof lights (even at home or in the office). Not a fan of white lights.
Even i'm a big fan of amber lights be it home, office or cars. Good that our bmws have ample amount of amber lighting all around. I think white lights induce fatigue too soon for my liking.

I plan to procure the data cable so that i can play with bit of coding. However I'm unable to find any reliable sources in india through which i can get it. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

@kedarwalke, where did you order your E-sys cable from?
ashish22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 12:02   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Even i'm a big fan of amber lights be it home, office or cars. Good that our bmws have ample amount of amber lighting all around. I think white lights induce fatigue too soon for my liking.

I plan to procure the data cable so that i can play with bit of coding. However I'm unable to find any reliable sources in india through which i can get it. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

@kedarwalke, where did you order your E-sys cable from?
You can order it from aliexpress.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Got it installed from MA car studio in Andheri West.
kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 15:58   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can order it from aliexpress.com
Hi Kedar, just a friendly observation, I saw in the image that your seatbelt buckle has a "blank" holder inside. Why do you not use your seat belt and that too on a 530d mammoth? I see these products on online accessories sites like Roger Techsessories, and always report it to their customer care for not putting up such products that allow someone to cut corners on personal safety. Pls wear your seatbelt always, the ones on the bimmer are so comfortable and self-adjusting they're a delight to use on my brother's 520d. If the seatbelt brushes against your neck and is uncomfortable, try a different seating position.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 01:09   #491
BHPian

Picked up the 530d yesterday and covered 800 kms already.
It's quite amazing to see the car give massive fuel economy despite a huge engine running on Eco Pro Mode

Now can't wait for the mods to start
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-image.jpeg  

#enzowho is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 09:32   #492
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Picked up the 530d yesterday and covered 800 kms already.
It's quite amazing to see the car give massive fuel economy despite a huge engine running on Eco Pro Mode
Congrats! How about an ownership thread with your perspective of the advantages & disadvantages?

Yeah, ECO PRO on the highway is efficient, but that's probably the only time when the 530d sees respectable FE. In comfort mode in the city, I see only 7 km/l, dropping to 6 in Mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 18:43   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! How about an ownership thread with your perspective of the advantages & disadvantages?

Yeah, ECO PRO on the highway is efficient, but that's probably the only time when the 530d sees respectable FE. In comfort mode in the city, I see only 7 km/l, dropping to 6 in Mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic.
Thank you.
I'll make a report once I'm free,while post a detailing review after getting it done on Thursday.
Curently the Car is in the A.S.S getting the running board replaced which got damaged during delivery!
So i'm taking this time to get some cosmetic work done.
Can't wait for the Carbon Fibre bits to arrive.

I've done 940 KMS since taking delivery on friday!
Fuel Efficiency is non existent on these cars
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_0002.jpg  

Last edited by #enzowho : 13th June 2016 at 18:48.
#enzowho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 11:40   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hi Kedar, just a friendly observation, I saw in the image that your seatbelt buckle has a "blank" holder inside. Why do you not use your seat belt and that too on a 530d mammoth? I see these products on online accessories sites like Roger Techsessories, and always report it to their customer care for not putting up such products that allow someone to cut corners on personal safety. Pls wear your seatbelt always, the ones on the bimmer are so comfortable and self-adjusting they're a delight to use on my brother's 520d. If the seatbelt brushes against your neck and is uncomfortable, try a different seating position.
My friend thank you very much on that life saving tip,no arguments with you on this,I have discarded the clip and always buckle up, be it in city traffic or highway.

Good news is that I have coded lot of stuff on my 530d,using E-sys.Initial setup and configuration was difficult for me,since I am a mac user and Esys only works on Windows.But once connection was established,I was really excited and happy.
I am really surprised looking at the kind of customization one can achieve on a Beemer.
I have coded following,
  • Auto Start/Stop off by default
  • Add Temperature readings in TPMS
  • Air circulating as per last memory in AC
  • Enabled Turn Signals in HUD
  • Enabled telephone support on HUD
  • Enabled Music list on HUD
  • M-sport startup animation on I drive
  • Enabled sport displays
  • White instrument cluster instead of orange @ night(compliments with my white interior lights)
  • Halos(DRLs) brightness set to Max
  • Turn off power (radio and iDrive) when opening door
  • Mirrors now close immediately on pressing lock button on key FOB(Earlier had to keep it pressed too long for the mirrors to fold)
  • Window rolling up/down is not interrupted by opening door

I feel relieved after disabling stupid Auto Start/Stop feature,it was useless in city traffic.
Another favourite is HUD with song list and telephone support,really keeps your eyes on the road.

Next upgrade is Bavsound stage one speaker upgrade and underseat ghost subs.

Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-medresframe26157785052644.jpg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_20160612_1727442.jpg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_1_burst201606121727522-copy.jpg  

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_20160612_1732442.jpg  

Last edited by kedarwalke : 14th June 2016 at 11:55.
kedarwalke is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 15:21   #495
BHPian

I was browsing the below thread,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-car-less.html

Guess what I found?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Am I seeing a 5 in you Garage few years from now!
Quote:
Too early to decide.
Gaurav had predicted it correctly

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 14th June 2016 at 15:32.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks