Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2018, 14:56   #1021
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

I recently bought a 2013 Nov 530d M sport for 23 and the owner had paid 57 for it when new. So approx 60% depreciation. IMHO you should go for late year f10 530d as the g30 just feels like a facelift and doesnt look as nice as f10. Recently I had seen a DN corporate registration 2015 530d for 26lacs. Lots of options to choose if you go for f10 and you loose very less in depreciation even if you sell after 2 to 3 yrs.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 07:45   #1022
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please continue all future G30 posts on the G30 thread. Thanks!
Old 22nd December 2018, 10:21   #1023
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Yeah the problem is whenever this guy is selling, he doesn't talk about his landing cost, he will keep the advantage with him. No one shows the invoice until we are finalized on deal here in Gujarat. So he would not loose that much when he keeps the discount with him..

I find the co-relation to Seller's invoice value a bit irrelevant. In my mind, what a buyer pays for a second hand car as reference should be against what a new car costs today.

Just hypothetically, if a person bought a car a year ago at full price and it's available today for 8-10 lakh discount - any buyer would compare what it would cost him to buy the car new vs the second hand car. The price has to make sense in the context of the current new and second hand options.

This is the precise reason (among other obvious reasons of reliability etc) why some sellers got extraordinarily good resale prices for their 5 - 6 year old innovas in the context of their purchase price. Because the price of new innovas has kept going up during a certain period.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 11:40   #1024
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spotted the rare & elusive 535i this morning. Matt-wrapped body means its owned by an enthusiast. Only thing I'd like to pick from this car is the dual pipe arrangement - one on each side. I think it looks deadly .
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-20181223-07.37.28.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I find the co-relation to Seller's invoice value a bit irrelevant. In my mind, what a buyer pays for a second hand car as reference should be against what a new car costs today.
I find either to be irrelevant. With a new car, it's the manufacturer that decides the price. With a used car, it's the market that decides everything. I don't bother with how much the owner paid or what it costs new today. I go by the market. There are cars that hold their value well, and then there are depreciation disasters (nearly all expensive cars are).
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 15:59   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Matt-wrapped body means its owned by an enthusiast.
If the plate reads CH or PB, you are sure to find some enthusiasts. And weird mods as well
low_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 17:35   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
My own car was billed for 68 lakhs to Cadbury (company registration). I bought it for 42.50 when she was under 1.5 years old .
Am sure am not the only one wondering about this - no harm asking - when do you plan to sell this 530 d

Also, if you & end user experts could share their views what could be a fair price for :

- A Pristine 530D | MH registered | Dec 2012 | done 28,000 | with Rear entertainment & HUD
- First owner (who has 3 other cars which are <4 years, & with even lesser mileage)
- Was under BSI until last year
- All 4 Tires were changed last year
- Has FULL service history till date.
- Selling this 530d to make room for his next car as it’s the oldest
- The car has mostly done city rides as per 2 of his drivers whom I spoke to

Recommended workshops to maintain this car other than co. workshops in Mumbai.

Thanks in advance!!
Ooomph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 18:04   #1027
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooomph View Post

Also, if you & end user experts could share their views what could be a fair price for :

Thanks in advance!!
It is a bit too old for my comfort and perhaps worth avoiding but my unscientific and unresearched guess it should not cost you more than 16-18 lakh max in my opinion. Also factor that you are almost in 2019.

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th December 2018 at 10:14. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Axe77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 22:39   #1028
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!!
If this is not the M sport variant, then definitely under 18 as it is a slow seller compared to the M sport variant.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th December 2018 at 08:31. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Typo.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2018, 12:41   #1029
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am sure am not the only one wondering about this - no harm asking - when do you plan to sell this 530 d
Because it's super reliable into its 5th year, I think I'll hold onto her till she is 8 - 10 years old. What's more, even today, I don't see another sedan I'd rather own (S-Class is too big for my current tastes & I don't like the G30's awkward styling).

Quote:
A Pristine 530D | MH registered | Dec 2012 | done 28,000 | with Rear entertainment & HUD
As others have said, ~18 lakhs tops.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 11:23   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
If this is not the M sport variant, then definitely under 18 as it is a slow seller compared to the M sport variant.
Thanks for putting up that point!

It's the M sport variant (basis the M logo on the alloys & steering wheel)

Seems owner is getting poor quotes from BMW and dealers which is where am coming into the picture basis the benefit of an immediate transfer + payment options.

Fingers crossed!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th December 2018 at 08:32. Reason: Quoted post corrected.
Old 29th December 2018, 08:27   #1031
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's the M sport variant (basis the M logo on the alloys & steering wheel)
It cannot be an M-Sport if it's a 2012 car; IIRC, the M-Sport was introduced in 2013.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2018, 10:32   #1032
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It cannot be an M-Sport if it's a 2012 car; IIRC, the M-Sport was introduced in 2013.
Possible the build date was 2012? Though if it has the M steering and M alloys, then it probably is a full M sport.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 00:34   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Possible the build date was 2012? Though if it has the M steering and M alloys, then it probably is a full M sport.
That is correct. Finally got to TD it today and it has all the badges what a MSport has. It’s a Nov 2012 model.
Seller states it’s amongst the very first batches of the Msport top spec variant

Now, Amongst the 530s, 525s, ML350s, and X5s have screened this was the best possible car in the range and impeccable condition I was looking for - however when my spouse drove it and even saw me drive it on our highways and in our lane; the 2 big concerns were rear seating space/vibe and the amount of care/cautiousness with which one needs to drive this BIG car, basically with the metro mess for the next 4 years in Mumbai do we really have the roads left to enjoy this vehicle ? And would we want to be worried for vehicles brushing us in traffic everyday - which is > 50 % of usage along with our Optra magnum which has started to age but still dependable

We were kindda ok with the rear seating in a way as mostly its our 2 toddlers using them with their car seats though the rear entertainment screen did pose some issue while getting in or out but overall space left was even lesser with the car seats - yes this is a key criteria for us amongst other factors. (And here moving 2 car seats in the boot is not an option due to the spare wheel)

Now again the criteria is being debated for a more spacious car which is either the superb or XUV (but not six cylinders and all one get with the premium badge)

Anyone got this riddle right - do share how?

The segments above are different due to multiple criterias but same budget of 14-17 lacs max
Old 31st December 2018, 07:48   #1034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Now again the criteria is being debated for a more spacious car which is either the superb or XUV (but not six cylinders and all one get with the premium badge)

Anyone got this riddle right - do share how?

The segments above are different due to multiple criterias but same budget of 14-17 lacs max
It would be helpful if you could list your required criteria from the car. If this is veering away from the 530d you may also want to create / move this to a more relevant What Car thread.

Off hand my general inputs would be as follows:

- you have a strict ~ 17 lakh budget. I hope you've factored major service expense on a 6+ year old BMW. That's going to hit you for sure even as routine wear and tear over the next 3-4 years.

- between a 6 year old BMW and a maybe 4 year+ old Superb I would trust the reliability of the BMW more. A 4+ year old used Superb would make me really nervous.

- You can get great reliable Uber luxury cars in that budget or less which are not as exciting to drive (think accord, Camry etc) OR maybe some exciting cars that are not as big and luxurious (think sparingly used Octavia < 2 years sorts).

- if you want easy to drive SUV and are ok with petrol a CRV is another alternative to the XUV. Ok to compromise on size then a diesel A/T creta is also not a bad alternative to an XUV. I am not sure what exactly an XUV offers over a creta in comfort. The creta will also be more manageable in the city to drive. I know this sounds odd but depends where you want the bigger space. A creta like shape could actually offer more space and comfort than an optra - both in passenger comfort and luggage options - all with less body roll discomfort of an XUV.

Similarly, with a space saver in a bmw boot, you may actually lose crucial boot space if you want to use a bmw 5 series for 3-4 day driving holidays with family.

Short point - revisit what your priorities / usage requirements are - whether this will be the only car or part of multiple cars and then options can be considered with the budget in mind.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st December 2018 at 09:03. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Axe77 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 09:36   #1035
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What better way to wrap up a fabulous year than with a fun road-trip! Had gone to Pawna & Pune over the weekend (Pune for a wedding).

She is just beautiful on the open road! Fast, luxurious, fun. This was easily the car's 40th highway trip of 2018:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-1.jpg

I swear this Lonavla ghat (on the way down toward Mumbai) was designed by an F1 enthusiast. It has fast, sweeping curves as well a slow technical bend or two, and long straights. Catch it when its empty and you'll have the time of your life. I'm now so familiar with it (thanks to all the Team-BHP test-drive cars I take there) that I know the exact braking + acceleration points. Used the paddle shifters like crazy for engine braking:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-2.jpg

Caught by a smiling passenger. Notice the body's lean:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-3.jpg

Good parking, always
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-4.jpg

The weather was awesome. Too cool for the air-con, but not cold enough for the heater. I don't like driving on the expressway with the window down & the fast wind hitting my face. So, kept the sunroof open instead. I know people who never open their sunroofs & all I can say is, you're missing out guys!
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-5.jpg

Too many thieves & thugs in our country. A familiar sight - someone trying to run away without paying toll:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-6.jpg

Idiot wasted 5 minutes of my time by showing some ID and arguing with the toll guy that he should be exempt from payment. The dude was firm and eventually, the Dzire driver had to pay up:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-7.jpg

Uber has transformed intracity travel and with deals like this, I think they're going to take over intercity too. Just Rs. 1,299 for Mumbai - Pune:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-8.jpg

Love the big bellies of these cars. Came back home with a little over a quarter of the tank used:
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-9.jpg

A smaller yet significant thing: Pune was damn COLD, much more so than Bombay. I had to put on the car’s heater. Cool touch = say you start the car and set the climate control to 28 degrees hot. Now, the engine still hasn’t warmed up because it was a cold start. The air-con won’t blow cold air on your face. Instead, the climate control will wait until the engine has warmed up and then, slowly start sending warm / hot air to the cabin. It’s the opposite of the Innova Crysta’s “cool start” feature.

Dependability: Among other problems, the issues I faced with my C220 on the highway included leaking dampers, ESP failure, air-con going kaput and more. In comparison, the 530d has the reliability of an Innova! I don’t even have to think twice before heading out. Just a full tank of diesel and she’s ready to fly.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks