Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2019, 08:21   #1126
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, no longer an option. Instead of increasing prices, they have removed this. I can assure you wont miss it.

Congratulations on the new car, do post pictures when you get the delivery. What colour did you booked and how much discounts you negotiated?
Thank you Turbanator. I booked carbon black. Definitely will post pictures. Hope I can post them on this thread if GTO is fine with it. I don't think I can put up a full fledged write up on a separate thread.
Accent Martin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 09:24   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Even then this month denotes the manufacturing of the chassis in Germany , correct? and I believe it takes time for these key components to arrive at Chennai plant for assembly?
That is correct. I don't think there is anything to worry about. For CKD cars it is normal to have 4-5 months old manufacturing date (as it is for the kit and not for the assembly).

Go ahead with the car without any worry in mind.

BTW, congratulations!
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 10:41   #1128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got my VIN yesterday and per the Mdecoder website the manufacturing month is march 2019. I believe it takes time for these key components to arrive at Chennai plant for assembly?

Should I be worried about the 6 months gap? about engine oil or battery specifically?
I don't think VIN is dependent on the components, I have heard some people talking about CKD Kits but with the current level of indigenisation and the fact that engines are also assembled locally, components must be coming in the batches unlike past where each car would come in a Kit- that was more like SKD. Now the engines could be from one batch and transmission from others. ZF might be actually producing the transmission locally as well.

This car must have been made in March or May and would have been parked at Chennai VDC. Till recent past 530-D was not being Discounted like the other variants. Looks they have now realised the reality and are giving 10-12 lac discount to clear the stocks. I have personally picked much older cars sitting with BMW so nothing to worry. Perhaps ask them a free oil change after 2-3 K instead of getting it now.

Quote:
I booked carbon black. Definitely will post pictures. Hope I can post them on this thread if GTO is fine with it.
This thread is more like an official review, so I guess you should be ok to post Are you getting Mocha or Ivory interiors?

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th October 2019 at 10:42.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 00:01   #1129
CDM
BHPian

Hi!

Does anyone have a contact at Infinity BMW. I am looking at a car that I would like to have checked by them. Thanks.

CDM
Old 24th October 2019, 12:47   #1130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

She's going to be 6 years old next month and the extended warranty is expiring. Translated = time to play around a bit & make things more exciting.

Getting the Quantum remap. 310 BHP & ~650 Nm coming up!
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 09:49   #1131
BHPian

A 300+ bhp remap with 650nm on the 530d is just gonna make you smile even harder and gun down the accelerator on every open stretch

You might wanna get all the little things repaired/ replaced under warranty before it expires but I'm sure you're a step ahead of me on that path

All the best remapping your 530d!

Last edited by SDP : 29th October 2019 at 09:26. Reason: Typos
advaydh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 00:46   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sounds awesome! I've not been following this thread lately so forgive me for asking, but what's the current power figures for your beemer? Is this your first map or following up on past ones?
Thanx in advance.
Old 26th October 2019, 07:38   #1133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaydh View Post
A 300+ bhp remap with 650nm on the 530d is just gonna you make smile even harder and gun down the accelerator on every open stretch
Thanks!

Quote:
You might wanna get all the little things repaired/ replaced under warranty before it expires but I'm sure you're a step ahead of me on that path stupid
I'm a Gujarati . But there is nothing that needs to be fixed under warranty. Just the rear air-con vents which I got done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I've not been following this thread lately so forgive me for asking, but what's the current power figures for your beemer? Is this your first map or following up on past ones?
258 horses & 560 Nm. Yes, first remap.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 23:47   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good choice

There are couple of 530d's running with Quantum map. I believe they are able to remap even the TCU now , do check it out.

BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-img_20191028_235104.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th October 2019 at 23:51.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 07:34   #1135
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There are couple of 530d's running with Quantum map. I believe they are able to remap even the TCU now , do check it out.
Thanks! This gearbox is absolute perfection in stock form itself, so I don't think I'll get a remap for it right now.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 10:24   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This gearbox is absolute perfection in stock form itself, so I don't think I'll get a remap for it right now.
Agreed!

But, when you go higher with torque after ECU remap..it would be ideal to tweak the torque limites set in TCU too. Better to check with Akshay (GT Tunerz), he will advice only if it's required
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 14:13   #1137
BHPian

As this is more of the official 530D thread, I need an advice. Please delete/relocate!

Presently I am in the look out for a BMW pre-owned/pre-worshipped, and to my luck the very first car I chanced upon is a blue BMW 530D 2014 with M. It is one fine looking car with its 18" alloy and low profile tires, ceramic coating, carbon grill, carbon bootlip, and not to forget it has done just over 10k km in the past 6 years. Looks well maintained.

Now time for alarm bells:

According to service pending, it has been due for oil change for the past 7 months, brake pad change for the past 3 months.

Last visit to service was over a year back. (Owner supposedly not in country)

Insurance due, no warranty or service package.

On a quick talk with the present car user, I realized the car was bought by the second owner(and in use by a third person) but name still on first owner, that will make me the 3rd owner (4th user). There is a dealer involved in this whole deal.

I am told the owner will give me the original alloy and the RFT (not sure in what condition)

How can such a pristine good looking gleaming blue, well maintained car have so many niggles, I ponder?

The big bomb was the asking price 36 big ones.

What would be the ideal asking price?

I am planning to ask the owner to get it fully serviced at the company before sale, and discount the insurance for the next year.

What more should I watch for, this would be my first big leap, I was assuming this car would sell for 25L tops.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd November 2019 at 21:10. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 23rd November 2019, 14:29   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
As this is more of the official 530D thread, I need an advice.

Presently I am in the look out for a BMW pre-owned/pre-worshipped, and to my luck the very first car I chanced upon is a blue BMW 530D 2014 with M. It is one fine looking car with its 18" alloy and low profile tires, ceramic coating, carbon grill, carbon bootlip, and not to forget it has done just over 10k km in the past 6 years. Looks well maintained.

The big bomb was the asking price 36 big ones.

Run away from this trap, it's not worth the trouble and the only thing that this car has surely gone through is odo tampering. The car is worth 15 tops and set aside another 10 for the inevitable maintenance. The people who are dealing with you haven't heard of depreciation and think the car is some sort of asset.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 20:42   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What more should I watch for, this would be my first big leap, I was assuming this car would sell for 25L tops.
Well, isn't it quite a jump from 90bhp to almost triple the power??

If I were you, I would just buy brand new Octavia 2.0 and have the peace of mind for the next 6 years As already said, that would be me.

Why not try getting the 520Ds? You might find quite a few fresher samples with warranty packages.
Old 24th November 2019, 09:55   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As this is more of the official 530D thread, I need an advice. Please delete/relocate!
On a quick talk with the present car user, I realized the car was bought by the second owner(and in use by a third person) but name still on first owner, that will make me the 3rd owner (4th user). There is a dealer involved in this whole deal.
As a rule of a thumb I would avoid any car with two owners unless it's some classic, a single owned car is preferable. 10k kms sounds too good to be true. The best way to verify this is to check with the BMW service station. Call up their service center and give them the vehicle no and the current owner's name and ask them when the last service was done. If they say anything more than what is shown on the car's ODO stay far as possible from this car. I would suggest you buy something with ongoing warranty.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 24th November 2019 at 09:58.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed