Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2020, 08:31   #1186
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
How do these compare to DEL/BOM prices?
You Bangalore folk pay way too much for your cars. Have consistently seen used car prices being 30% higher than here.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 10:10   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You Bangalore folk pay way too much for your cars. Have consistently seen used car prices being 30% higher than here.
Thanks d3mon for spotting that!
@GTO: Very rightly said. In fact your entire premise of pre-worshipped is pretty much irrelevant to Bangaloreans because used car prices are irrationally high and aptly manipulated by the used car dealer mafia.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 14:37   #1188
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see reviews of how well the F10 holds up. Here's an example with 120,000 miles on the odo. Other than a DPF, nothing else was out of the ordinary.

Note: The USA 535d is actually a 530d (and not the crazy EU-spec 535d).
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:30   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Note: The USA 535d is actually a 530d (and not the crazy EU-spec 535d).
Speaking of the US spec 535d, guess who else seems to drive one?

https://www.quora.com/What-car-does-Tim-Cook-drive
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 530d M-Sport (F10) : My pre-worshipped beast-535d.jpg  

d3mon is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 18:26   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, yes... BIG time! Used car prices are just crazy out here, totally irrational, just like all other commodities. In fact, for some models, it would probably work out cheaper to buy from another state and get it re-registered here I guess it is also to do with the high road-tax in KA, to an extent, especially in case of first-owner sales wherein one would want to get back some of that atrocious amount paid as road-tax at the time of purchase.

Last edited by cool_dube : 2nd March 2020 at 18:37.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 16:35   #1191
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Search online and you'll see a whole lot of jokes + criticism of BMW's turn indicators (link 1, 2, 3, 4).

But on a serious note, there really is a problem with them. Just see how easy it is to "cancel" the blinker. Of all the cars I've driven, it is the most sensitive here. This can be a major irritant; have had it go off before I make the actual turn many times.

GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 17:51   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just see how easy it is to "cancel" the blinker. Of all the cars I've driven, it is the most sensitive here. This can be a major irritant; have had it go off before I make the actual turn many times.
You can add Ford Endeavour into that list. Same story here, to add to the irritation is the fact that Ford's steering is super light in traffic. A small move on steering is all it takes to cancel the indicator. I have forgotten the count how many times I have re-done the indicator in my Ford!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 10:41   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

@GTO, Tanveer etc.: How's this car?

https://www.bmwusedcars.in/buy-used-...ies/13806.html
Old 13th April 2020, 10:15   #1194
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Overpriced for a 6-year old car with an MH43 plate. Bargain hard as once the market opens up, no one else is going to be buying big ticket cars .

Looks good. Odo is above my personal comfort level of 40k km, but because of the model's reliability, I would consider if good condition + full service records + tempting price. BMW Infinity gives extended warranties on their used cars, so be sure to opt for that.

Hate the fake M5 badge. Would have been driven hard.

That interior colour is delicious. My top choice with the F10 (or any luxury car / SUV). Even Range Rovers have something similar and they are truly next-level!
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 07:05   #1195
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.bmwusedcars.in/buy-used-...ies/13806.html
Pictures look good, except for the M5 badging, would have looked genuine with 530d
Exterior colour is listed as Carbon Black Metallic, to me it looks like Imperial Blue . Carbon black is slightly darker shade
If you end up buying, try to to negotiate atleast 12 months warranty from BMW dealer
Given these unprecedented times I feel there is room to knock off 5lakhs from dealer quoted price.
Only enthusiasts are going to put their money on 530d's so it might remain unsold for longer duration.

You are searching MH registered car. Would re-registration in KA not cost a lot to negate the lower used car prices in Mumbai? Please explain

Last edited by nikhil_pon : 14th April 2020 at 07:19.
nikhil_pon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 16:32   #1196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Pictures look good, except for the M5 badging, would have looked genuine with 530d
Exterior colour is listed as Carbon Black Metallic, to me it looks like Imperial Blue . Carbon black is slightly darker shade
If you end up buying, try to to negotiate atleast 12 months warranty from BMW dealer
Given these unprecedented times I feel there is room to knock off 5lakhs from dealer quoted price.
Only enthusiasts are going to put their money on 530d's so it might remain unsold for longer duration.

You are searching MH registered car. Would re-registration in KA not cost a lot to negate the lower used car prices in Mumbai? Please explain
Agree with your points on knocking off more from the quoted price. ALso understand its a second owner vehicle. Further, while the interiors look well maintained, the exteriors are not so great unless the car was dirty when photographed.

You are also very right in the MH/KA issue - I am looking at all options as used KA 530Ds are prohibitively priced. I will have to re-register here (beyond 11 months) by paying roughly 17% of original ex-showroom cost and then try and get a refund from Navi Mumbai RTO (which sounds like a pipe dream)

Just seeing all my options as of now :-)
Old 14th April 2020, 16:45   #1197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
. Further, while the interiors look well maintained, the exteriors are not so great unless the car was dirty when photographed
I too felt the same way. It’s not worth to pursue especially due to re-registration.

Going forward, I expect prices to decrease a lot. Buyers will be very careful before they commit.

Although I see prices of new cars going up, particularly premium cars due to exchange rates, old ones should take a hit due to the demand. On new cars, manufacturers will simply lower production but in the resale market there will be more availability .

Someone who has lost the job or has got a reduction in salary or even otherwise people having multiple vehicles will tend to downsize.

Will suggest you to wait for 3-4 weeks after everything reopens.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th April 2020 at 16:47.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 21:39   #1198
BHPian

If the ex-showroom price was around 55lakhs, then you will have to pay approx 9.5 lakh in KA re-registration cost. I am not sure how successful people are in getting refund from MH RTO.

I was browsing in Olx and car trade.in and below are some examples

https://www.olx.in/item/bmw-5-series...iid-1559948548
Given the current situation, if you can negotiate for around 30 lakh or lesser then it will work out better than MH deal. Car looks stock with tan interiors.

Below 2 examples are new models, same car but priced differently in 2 portals

https://www.olx.in/item/bmw-5-series...iid-1565339421
https://www.cartrade.com/buy-used-ca...s/4268907.html
nikhil_pon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 08:19   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Going forward, I expect prices to decrease a lot. Buyers will be very careful before they commit.
Someone who has lost the job or has got a reduction in salary or even otherwise people having multiple vehicles will tend to downsize.
Will suggest you to wait for 3-4 weeks after everything reopens.
Quote:

Given the current situation, if you can negotiate for around 30 lakh or lesser then it will work out better than MH deal. Car looks stock with tan interiors.

Below 2 examples are new models, same car but priced differently in 2 portals
https://www.olx.in/item/bmw-5-series...iid-1565339421
https://www.cartrade.com/buy-used-ca...s/4268907.html
Thank you both!
@Turbanator, your advice is impeccable as always. Yes, will wait a few months to see not only others' futures but mine as well.
@nikhil_pon: good find on BLR OLX. Must look more carefully - lockdown effect.

The white one indeed looks good and reasonably quoted too; will try and contact him today. The grey one has been doing the rounds for a few months now.

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th April 2020 at 08:26.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2020, 14:06   #1200
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You can tell? Wow, talk about being observant. I own a carbon-black and it still looks the same to me.

Quote:
The poor Bangalore folk pay as much for used cars as Mumbai & Delhi people do for new cars .

Quote:

100% agreed.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks