Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 07:18   #76
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

I am a passive reader of Team BHP and its been over three years since I last logged in to comment of something. Your passion shines through Neel. This is as good a review as any that I have read from veteran BHPians.
I am sure the car is amazing but your passion just radiates through this post. I am sure that we at Team BHP and some other automotive company/magazine is going to be very lucky to have you in their folds in future.
Thank you Neel!! I a world where you hear of teenagers doing all kind of weird things, you give me hope.
Hope you enjoy your car and buy many more.
akshay_ritz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 09:05   #77

Neel, We have atleast three things in common, our T-BHP ID, craze for cars and I drive a 1.6 Fiesta as well, but your ability to blog is just out of this world. For your age, to write such a mature review is amazing, kudos to you. Thanks for sharing your review, I can correlate many things, especially the "FUN" part. Once you get your hands on this car, you will love it even more. As they say, driver's seat is the place to be in a Ford but unfortunately that's getting old now as their new cars are being tuned for mass market.
Keep it up buddy.
Petrolhead007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 09:33   #78
Senior - BHPian

A matching ownership thread for a car which is last of its breed.

Look after her well and be sure not to sell it off, it is one of those cars which are legendary.

Looks like the air filter intake pipe is routed to the front grill unlike earlier cars which was from the side panel in the engine bay. This set up will clog the air filter soon.

For the OBD port lid, I would not suggest removing it, you can use a transparent duct tape to keep the lid shut, it will prevent dirt and dust accumulating in the port.

The older Figo's petrols and Fiesta's has a nice exhaust note which I remember from driving a Fiesta 1.4 petrol. Try and get a exhaust chrome tip like in the Fiesta S, it will complete the rear with the spoiler.

Congrats on the 1.6 and I am guessing we will have a driving sequel to this ownership thread 5 years down the line.

Last edited by tharian : 5th November 2015 at 09:52.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 12:38   #79
BHPian

I checked your joining age thrice! I still can't believe that you are so young and yet write so fluidly. Congratulations on a stellar review story. Your garage is a an ideal petrolhead's dream!
SamarthMehrotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:21   #80
Senior - BHPian

An awesome thread, that showcases your passion for your vehicle, your writing and photography skills, despite this being for a phased out vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
[i]Note: I don't have a driving license yet. The following has been compiled from the shotgun seat and after having numerous discussions with my father and the chauffeur, who have driven this car extensively.
Perhaps at this age, it will take you quite a while to appreciate with a first hand experience, but then too, what you have documented makes very good sense.

Quote:
What follows is the front wheels spinning like they have been released from the prison and torque steer welcomes you to the world of fun.
The torque Steer is a resultant of Classic-isation of the Fiesta. Infact while driving the classic, the first thing I noted was the comparatively much lighter steering. The Classic has the Powersteering rack/system from the Figo and thus the added power tells on the steering on rapid acceleration.

Quote:

The steering literally tells you anything and everything. It's very direct and responsive. Even a slight twitch leads to a change of direction. She is ever ready to point her nose to exactly the direction you'd want her to. This is where the HPS of an otherwise "outdated" car outshines the EPS' of the newer ones. It weighs up beautifully too and triple digit speeds reward you with so much confidence. Feedback from the steering is just superb. It talks to you and reads your mind. There is no hint of vagueness. Every undulation on the road passes on to the steering and it tells you exactly how the condition of the road is. She obliges on mid corner corrections. The steering is so steady, yet so alive! We are just loving it! It simply provides the car with the ability to talk to you.
Infact at your age, you will not be able to appreciate truly, what steering feel means, however, please know that the original Fiesta had different steering components, suspension components from the classic (which derives some of the parts from the Figo as part of a parts rationalisation program that reduced cost).

As a result, the formula of the original Fiesta was lost to a great extent.

There was once a report from one of the leading auto magazines, so impressed with the original Fiesta that they remarked that if BMW were to make a front wheel drive sedan, the Fiesta can form the most suitable base for it. It was that good.

Although the same components work wonderfully on the hatchback Figo, the setup was a bit compromised while loading up a sedan on the same subframe, suspension components.

However, its still very good.

Quote:

This is where the HPS of an otherwise "outdated" car outshines the EPS' of the newer ones.
Well, my take would be slightly different on this. The EPS on the updated Fiesta is fantastic and having driven the classic and the updated Fiesta back to back, I felt that the Fiesta's EPS was the way forward, although, both the Figo and the erstwhile Fiesta had better feel, but Classic steering was a lot different.

Now coming to the topic of EPS vs HPS, it's evolution. The whole world cribbed when a transition was being made from manual steering to power steering, then HPS to EPS. But if you had the ability to drive a newer Beemer with EPS, you would appreciate that substantial work is being done on them progressively over the years. Things evolve.

Quote:

Taking corners in this car is even more fun.
I dont think you are at a legal age to feel the fun associated with cornering, and its also not something that most people can relate to and pass on. Especially if they are a little new to the driving experience.

Quote:

The stock Apollos surely aren't enough to handle the given power and torque and not changing them in the first place was a mistake, which we realized later. Grip levels aren't adequate and they squeal very easily. That apart, they aren't noisy and ride quality is pretty good. Next upgrade is surely the tires.
Why bother? If this car is primarily chauffeur driven, or driven by your father who is steadily building up his confidence in driving, you do not need to invest money in high performance rubber at the moment.

Quote:

Going over bad roads isn't really this car's forte. The newer Fords are much better on this particular aspect.
Not sure, the earlier Fiesta, from which your car derives its body, had very good ride quality and handling balance.

Quote:

Pedal feel could've been better. The brakes feel a bit over-servoed.
Again an offshoot of having borrowed some components from the Figo platform.

Anyways, not taking away anything from your review, or being critical, but was just bringing stuff to your notice. Mainly because, you happen to be part of the new generation which is a transitional generation. You still have your roots in the world that likes a few different things about driving than what the world will start appreciating later (infact it's already started).

People will still continue to love the act of going for a drive, but what aspects of the drive they will enjoy, will change. Research is being done with the help of analytics to find out the preferences of the people of a certain era. The entire equation can change. For example, steering feedback with vibration of ones smart phone and the entire drive can be non connected physically. Infact the steering column itself could probably be seeing its last few years.

Great review, keep the passion up. When you grow older, tell your present world, there used to be "cars" and there was an expression called "driving".

Keep it up!
1100D is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:32   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
There was once a report from one of the leading auto magazines, so impressed with the original Fiesta that they remarked that if BMW were to make a front wheel drive sedan, the Fiesta can form the most suitable base for it. It was that good.
This reminds me of an episode I was last year in DW TV's 'Drive It'. They mentioned that when Ford introduced the Focus in 1999, no other front-wheel car manufacturer could surpass its sublime handling and steering feel. They said it has set a segment benchmark that no competitor could beat till now. I guess the Fiesta has some of the Focus's genes.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 19:43   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalingam_a View Post
Great Work Neel. Kudos to the write up and Congratulations for the Classic. Happy and Safe Miles Ahead with the Classic to your family. For a minute without realising it was you in the pictures, so young, I was wondering how come the driver of this car is looking so young. On a lighter vein, I am jealous we did not have such opportunities to express ourselves in those days through such forums.
Thank you! Team-BHP is definitely a boon for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Man, mind blowing stuff!
Today, team bhp reviews are of ridiculously high quality, and you have successfully maintained those high standards in your review. All I can say, kudos! I got truckloads of respect for you!

PS: I turn 18 a year before you. Feel jealous
Hi Turbo,

Thank you! I am sure that you'd compile a superb ownership report too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Very well written review. you have covered the positives and negatives very well.

Everything said, the ford fiesta classic is a car that will put on smile on your face every time you get behind the wheels.

Thanks for a very well written review, there are only a few good threads on fiesta classic.
Thank you. Glad that you liked it!

The quality of FASS really depends on luck. I am really sorry to hear about yours. Banerjee Ford service till now has been top notch, let's just hope that it remains the same as the car ages. I forgot to mention that the 3rd year EW was already purchased. Going by recommendation, will be purchasing the 4th year EW soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Neel bro you have simply nailed it with the review, just brilliant, PERIOD. Hope you get to drive her , till then keep taking good care of her. That 1.6 is a rocket indeed. I test drove it few months back when I was in the hunt, ended up buying Punto 90 HP.
Thanks! The Punto is one of my favorite cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hi Neel, now, that's a different level altogether. Rated this a well deserved five stars.
Writing an ownership report is never been so easy, but, you, at this age, have set a standard that others can vouch to follow. Age or no age, talent does matter a lot more than an age.
Keep up this high standard, and keep revving her high!

End of the day, a car is a creation of a human being, and its our creations that speak for us.
Wishing you and your family many more happy miles and smiles for years to come.
Thank you Sid Sir! Glad you liked reading my review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Slow claps, Neel!
Wonderfully written review of an equally wonderful car. I just love the Fiesta (I prefer to call it so rather than Classic ) for the clean and proportionate styling, a rev-happy 1.6 NA motor and the HPS. And you've got it in a beautiful shade too.
Enjoy the car from the passenger seat for the time being and after you turn eighteen, have a blast with her.
Do take care of her well for the years to come. The naturally aspirated motor, hydraulic power steering and a clean and proportionate design are becoming mutually exclusive of each other and is becoming a dying breed. Don't allow your daddy to sell it off.

Cheers,
Sreehari

PS - I too joined Team BHP when I was in high school and was the youngest BHPian for sometime. I was busy reading about engine swaps and forced induction when my friends were busy watching cartoons. I completely understand your enthusiasm.
Hi! Thanks a lot for the appreciation. I can relate to your scenario exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhimani.mohak View Post
Firstly Congratulations on your new car Neel.
What a cheerful thread!
Its a great driver's car and you have made a very apt choice.
Your thread refreshed my childhood memories. You have a very amazing style of writing, it immediately connects to the heart!

Hope you soon get your DL and start driving!!!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Congratulations! This thread refreshed some memories. My 1.6S will be sorely missed. Hell, it felt outdated even when I bought it in 2009, but this thing handled like a beauty! The 1.6 mill still has a trick or two up its sleeve and the tight steering, coupled with the value for money makes this car an epic buy.
Good review. You can take up writing when you're an adult!
Thank you Frank Sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Neel, take a bow.

I can assure you one thing.
Had you written an official review for Ford, it would have sold a lot more than what it actually did.

Congratulations on the car and good luck counting days till you turn 18 and get hold of your learners license.

Best regards.
Thank you! I am glad that you liked reading my attempt at writing a review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parth.jain View Post
Congratulations Neel for the car and I must say, it is a really really good write up! This is one of the old school fords and ford has gradually started shifting from making cars of true enthusiast's taste to the cars mass market will appreciate. I wish to own such a beauty some day!
I hope you get your driving license soon and get a taste of this beautiful beast! Good luck
Thank you! Your views absolutely spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunnuvila View Post
Congratulations on your new car! The review is simply astounding and it clearly defies your age. Keep up the good work and I heartily wish you an amazing future ! Still baffled at your talent. Kudos to you. Ciao.
Thank you! Ciao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic.dwarf View Post
I know what I say is of no importance to this thread or vehicle that you own. But hats off to you. This is the very best thread i have ever come across in tbhp. Absolutely beautiful writing style, full of emotions. To be frank, i feel too jealous of you, and am sure majority of the people who are lucky enough to come across this thread too will feel the same. Wish you good luck with your car, and you really is an inspiration. Now i will just add a famous quote from Sir Matt Busby, “if you are good enough you are old enough”
Thank you. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Congrats Neel on such a nice and exhaustive ownership review. Your love and passion for the automobile shows and is really impressive.

I remember when you announced the acquisition in the Fiesta forum, were curious to know if yours is the last red Classic rolled out of Ford's Chennai plant. Any information finally?

Cheers.
Thank you! I hope you are doing well.

No confirmation, but Ford said that it's "most probably" the last Paprika Red Classic to roll out of the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Don't know what to write as you have already received all the accolades from fellow bhpians. One of the most comprehensive reviews on tbhp and that too for a car that has been around for quite sometime.

Sorry for going off-topic. Kudos to you for such a detailed review and keep up the good work. I am also convinced that you have a bright future in the automobile world if you can manage to keep a good head on your shoulders after the limelight you are receiving on team-bhp at such an young age
Sumitro Daa, thanks for your valuable post and your advice! Will try to do my best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
What the! I mean the size of you and the way you've covered everything would shame many a grown up man. And I must add you've got some pretty neat language skills boy. Grammatically correct and with all the punctuations in place, I'm really impressed. Congratulations for the car. Fiesta 1.6 is a good drivers car and hope you grow up fast and get your license quickly so that you experience it first-hand. Cheers boy.
Thank you Sir, thanks for the appreciation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
When I joined T-Bhp, I was sure I would be the youngest BHPian. I have never been more wrong! When I was your age, I barely had the patience to do my homework, let alone writing such comprehensive ownership reviews. Kids these days, I tell you!

Please do keep this thread updated! cl
Thanks a ton! I will definitely keep the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Congrats on the car and an excellent, well written review. Wish you all the best.

With such good writing skills, I guess writing all those exams as you progress through your education will be a cakewalk
Thanks! And thanks again for your help while buying the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHigh View Post
Hi Neel, Its really nice to see your thread ! Appreciate your thoughts and the words you put in such a beautiful way. Though I could not finish reading your entire thread but I will definitely bookmark this and continue reading time to time. By the way sometimes I visit Burdwan while going to Berhampore (Murshidabad). Lets see if I see your beautiful cars on road we will definitely meet ! Keep revving !!!
Thanks! Next time you come to Burdwan, please do drop in a PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Petrolhead_neel that is one hell of a review!

I am pretty sure it would taken you ages to compile this and to get it live. This review should stay in the homepage and for all who find writing reviews difficult.

Moreover the level of detailing - WOW! Without being behind the wheel if this is the review detail then it is hard for me to comprehend what will be the quality once you start driving the Fiesta!

Hats off to you buddy! Wish you happy miles with this Ford and get your DL soon (Grow up faster just like the way the Fiesta drives).
Thank you Anurag Sir. And thanks again for reassuring that the Classic is the car to go for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Great review Neel

As an ex Fiesta 1.6 owner, may I pitch in with a small suggestion. Please get the front number plate portion covered with Black vinyl. That would look like the 1.6S variant.

I don't think you would get bored with the 1.6 anytime soon. But if you are planning on a resale say after 5-6 years. Please don't do it! Change the colour to Aquarius Blue and enjoy the beauty
Thanks! The front portion blackened will look smashing as well! Let's see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
Fantastic job, kiddo!! Congratulations on the Ford, and a huge kudos for your dedication. Was really impressed by the level of detail, and more importantly the age-defying maturity shown throughout the review.

{PS: IMHO, the stock black grille looked much better on the car than this silver one. What do you think?)
Thank you Sir! I was a fan of BSMotoring as well.

The black grille looked much better. I am on my hunt to find a black one. I might plastidip the current one too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
13 years old and i don't know what to envy.

Your style of writing that seems like its a legit TBHP official review.
Or that you could convince your parents to buy one of the last breed of FTD cars, which you could probably sneak out to drive (DON'T DO IT) or you could wait 4 years to get it in your hands and have the dream of any 18 year old enthusiast.

Way to go Neel,

And to think at your age i was comparing the spec sheets of different cars at the back of Autocar magazine. and making car noises when moving around.
Thanks! Trust me, I do the same too!

And no, I won't drive before 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuvally View Post
You are an absolute gem my child. One day, I wish to have a son like you. Rating the review a well deserved five stars
Hi,

Thanks! And thanks for the 5-star rating too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
If anybody asks me about this car, I'm simply going to point them towards this thread and hope that they don't explode with so much information. Fantastically done brother.
Thanks brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_ritz View Post
I am a passive reader of Team BHP and its been over three years since I last logged in to comment of something. Your passion shines through Neel. This is as good a review as any that I have read from veteran BHPians.
I am sure the car is amazing but your passion just radiates through this post. I am sure that we at Team BHP and some other automotive company/magazine is going to be very lucky to have you in their folds in future.
Thank you Neel!! I a world where you hear of teenagers doing all kind of weird things, you give me hope.
Hope you enjoy your car and buy many more.
Thanks! Feels special to know that you logged in just to reply to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead007 View Post
Neel, We have atleast three things in common, our T-BHP ID, craze for cars and I drive a 1.6 Fiesta as well, but your ability to blog is just out of this world. For your age, to write such a mature review is amazing, kudos to you. Thanks for sharing your review, I can correlate many things, especially the "FUN" part. Once you get your hands on this car, you will love it even more. As they say, driver's seat is the place to be in a Ford but unfortunately that's getting old now as their new cars are being tuned for mass market.
Keep it up buddy.
Thanks! We are lucky to own the last breed of Ford's driver-oriented cars.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A matching ownership thread for a car which is last of its breed.

Look after her well and be sure not to sell it off, it is one of those cars which are legendary.

Looks like the air filter intake pipe is routed to the front grill unlike earlier cars which was from the side panel in the engine bay. This set up will clog the air filter soon.

For the OBD port lid, I would not suggest removing it, you can use a transparent duct tape to keep the lid shut, it will prevent dirt and dust accumulating in the port.

The older Figo's petrols and Fiesta's has a nice exhaust note which I remember from driving a Fiesta 1.4 petrol. Try and get a exhaust chrome tip like in the Fiesta S, it will complete the rear with the spoiler.

Congrats on the 1.6 and I am guessing we will have a driving sequel to this ownership thread 5 years down the line.
Thanks! I have gone through your Figo thread umpteen times. Thanks for the suggestion. Will do the same with the OBD port lid.

Where do I procure the exhaust tip of the S from?

Stay tuned for the sequel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamarthMehrotra View Post
I checked your joining age thrice! I still can't believe that you are so young and yet write so fluidly. Congratulations on a stellar review story. Your garage is a an ideal petrolhead's dream!
Thank you! Thanks a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
An awesome thread, that showcases your passion for your vehicle, your writing and photography skills, despite this being for a phased out vehicle.

Great review, keep the passion up. When you grow older, tell your present world, there used to be "cars" and there was an expression called "driving".

Keep it up!
Thank you Sir! I was waiting for you to post. Thanks for all your help. And thanks for making me aware about the changes in a Classic when compared to an original Fiesta. But as you said, the Classic is still very good. My question to you is- what modifications can be done(at a later stage) to bridge the gap further between the Fiesta and the Classic?

Ownership Update:

TooFun is due for her second service. Appointment has been taken on Saturday(7th November).

Regards,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 18:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
This reminds me of an episode I was last year in DW TV's 'Drive It'. They mentioned that when Ford introduced the Focus in 1999, no other front-wheel car manufacturer could surpass its sublime handling and steering feel. They said it has set a segment benchmark that no competitor could beat till now. I guess the Fiesta has some of the Focus's genes.
Actually Indian Fiesta Sedan, contrary to the prevalent belief, had no connection to the Focus. Probably the only link with the Focus was that of the Ikon, which benefitted from the New Edge styling that was brought with the focus.

But having said that, even without the focus connection, the mark IV fiesta on which both the Ikon and the Fiesta was based had the best handling for its class. The Ikon, benefitted from the German Puma suspension characteristics. Ford was still trying the gauge the Indian customers and had made a conclusion (based on Indian preference for manual transmission) that India is a predominantly "Live to Drive" market. Hence they launched a "Josh Machine" and to support that, they derived the geometry out of the Puma, which being a sportscar had the bad road package already built in (Puma was quite popular with Rallyists) which would work like a charm to impart "josh" on India's rally cross type roads. That was a mistake.

So for the Fiesta, they went back to the Fiesta mark IV setup, which was still the best in its class, moreover had brilliant ride to back it up as well.

Quote:
My question to you is- what modifications can be done(at a later stage) to bridge the gap further between the Fiesta and the Classic?

Regards,
Neel
The retrofit will be difficult and not recommended (unless done from the Ford workshop, and most probably they wont take it up either) as there are front end structural changes. However the maximum one can do is probably try integrating the Powersteering, the lower arms, the shock absorber and springs from the earlier car. But then too, expenses apart, it might not be a recommended swap as the sub-frame might not be able to take it.

One thing that continuously keeps happening with the Fiesta owners at the workshops is that, if a certain suspension component needs replacement,by mistake, the service guys can replace the components with that of the classic and the entire vehicle behaviour goes for a toss due to imbalance and mismatch.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 19:44   #84
BHPian

Well done Neel

A superb review of one of my all time favorite car. Ford Fiesta later know as Classic was one of the most well built and value for money sedan.
The driveabilty and handling is unmatched. I think Ford should not have discontinued the Classic and Figo.
I have recently purchased the Figo Aspire and just returned back from a Road Trip of 3800 kms. The Aspire has a powerful engine but still on the highways I think Figo and Classic beats it with its handling and stability.

Surely a 5 star for your review.
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 09:11   #85
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...view-pg10.html

Neel, I guess you haven't really seen this thread. Been there, and done that. AND LOVED every bit of it!
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 11:10   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread has become a re-union of sorts for Fiesta 1.6 owners
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 13:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

Have taken a while to post on your thread. Your writing prowess and attention to detail is simply out of this world buddy. Dare I say it even intimidates folks like me from commenting

Cars engineered during the Fiesta's time, represented what is in my opinion, the peak of automotive evolution. Technology had evolved to the point where cars were quick, reliable and engaging to drive. Mechanical harmony had been reached and then we went and corrupted it all with the addition of electronic aids, novices and spec-sheet geeks may be pleased but to me it feels like I am disconnected from the drive. Like I am merely able to make suggestions but need to wait for electronic approval to do what I want to do.

The Fiesta also benefits from having zero quirks (yeah I mean cars like the Punto with their grunty yet limited engines, odd driving position, sticky gearbox etc.) everything the Fiesta has to offer is brought together so well and works in such unison, it is absolute bliss. Take care of her bud! Go ahead and explore her limits, but take care of this one never let her go

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th November 2015 at 13:23.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:54   #88
BHPian

Update: 2nd Service Completed!

TooFun went for her 2nd service last Saturday. I am happy to report that Banerjee Ford has yet again proved that their quality and sincerity is hard to match!

Headlights were adjusted again and they do their job even better now! Other than that, have reverted back to the black grille! I am just loving the look now. Though I admit that the chrome grille had a better build, the black one suits the character of the car much more.

We will be driving to Rourkela(Orissa) tomorrow and TooFun is the steed for this drive. This is going to be her second long drive and the first out-of-state drive. Extremely excited about the trip and will keep the thread updated on how she performs, although I am sure that she would easily exceed our expectations, like she always does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Well done Neel

A superb review of one of my all time favorite car. Ford Fiesta later know as Classic was one of the most well built and value for money sedan.
The driveabilty and handling is unmatched. I think Ford should not have discontinued the Classic and Figo.
I have recently purchased the Figo Aspire and just returned back from a Road Trip of 3800 kms. The Aspire has a powerful engine but still on the highways I think Figo and Classic beats it with its handling and stability.

Surely a 5 star for your review.
Thank you Arunashish Da. I am glad that you retained your ol' Figo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...view-pg10.html

Neel, I guess you haven't really seen this thread. Been there, and done that. AND LOVED every bit of it!
Of course I have seen this thread- umpteen times at that! Lovely review of a very special car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
This thread has become a re-union of sorts for Fiesta 1.6 owners
Makes me very happy. Thanks again! Cheers to the Fiesta 1.6 club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Have taken a while to post on your thread. Your writing prowess and attention to detail is simply out of this world buddy. Dare I say it even intimidates folks like me from commenting

The Fiesta also benefits from having zero quirks (yeah I mean cars like the Punto with their grunty yet limited engines, odd driving position, sticky gearbox etc.) everything the Fiesta has to offer is brought together so well and works in such unison, it is absolute bliss. Take care of her bud! Go ahead and explore her limits, but take care of this one never let her go
Thank you! Thanks a lot! I agree with your point of view on the Fiesta.

She is a keeper indeed.

Cheers,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 9th November 2015 at 15:55.
Old 14th November 2015, 13:16   #89
BHPian

Excellent write up Neel. You really have got super writing skills at your age And congratulations on the car, you are one of the privileged ones to own one of the last specimens of this gem of a car; wish you many happy miles with it.
Gosu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 22:23   #90
BHPian

Sorry for the delay, BHPians! Day by day, our love for TooFun is increasing. The Rourkela trip I had talked about in my earlier post was her first trip where she touched the 1k kms mark on the trip meter! The trip was awesome and TooFun performed flawlessly, effortlessly and spiritedly with five people on board and luggage. Total distance covered in the 4 days was approximately 1250 kms. This was my best Diwali yet and one that I'm going to cherish the memories of for a long time. Taught me a lot about road trips with family and how enjoyable they can be. Well, TooFun is a part of the family, of course! Road trips are surely more to come!

I had forgotten to mention something before. When I registered here, I had been asked a question about my favorite car. Guess what my answer was: a Ford Classic 1.6. I had mentioned there that though I always dream about Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis and Koenigseggs, this little Ford has stolen my heart. Owning the same car now feels so special!

FE has been superb this time! Rourkela presents you with some fine open roads and in the in city runs that we had with 5 people on board, she constantly achieved a 14 km/l. The drive to and fro to Rourkela wasn't quite smooth sailing and the FE varied from 13-14 km/l.

Altered the tire pressure a bit and now ride quality is so much better!

Apart from that, she has got quite dirty and needs a thorough wash. Will be probably done this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fantastic review of a fantastic car, thanks for sharing Neil . Congratulations on owning a special breed - the type of sedan which few manufacturers are building today. 1.6L petrol (in an era of <1.5), hydraulic steering (in a market dominated by EPS) and clean styling (in this time of weird sub-4 meter sedans).

When I was your age, I was crazy about cars too. But I didn't have this understanding of them, nor the ability to write like you have. I think your Mum raised you on a diet of petrol, nuts & bolts .

This thread is going straight to the homepage.

Thanks again for sharing! It's going to greatly help those considering a Fiesta Classic, especially pre-worshipped.
Hi GTO,

Extremely sorry for the late response.

Somehow couldn't reply to your post the earlier time. Thanks a lot for the compliments! Your 530d thread was always the benchmark for me when I composed my review. Glad that you posted on this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosu View Post
Excellent write up Neel. You really have got super writing skills at your age And congratulations on the car, you are one of the privileged ones to own one of the last specimens of this gem of a car; wish you many happy miles with it.
Welcome onboard and thanks for the compliments! I indeed consider myself extremely lucky to have convinced my family to acquire this gem of a machine.

Lastly, a picture of TooFun beside Pitamahal Dam near Rourkela. We visited a relative in Rourkela to celebrate Diwali.

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-fiestaaaa.jpg

Drive safe,
Neel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks