Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:01   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

Brilliant review and the choice of the car makes perfect sense to your handle.

The Fiesta 1.6 (Classic) is one car that I have loved driving couple of years before from Bangalore to Mumbai and man, I still cherish that. It was one amazing drive when there were 19 diversions in 130 kms stretch and downshifting, taking over that speedbreaker, zipping through the service lane and getting out back onto the main corridor was more fun that any other car. Not to forget the fun we had driving on the Pune-Mumbai expressway taking on some corners confidently.

Excellent torque availability even when you arr crawling at 40kmph in 5th was one of the highlights of this engine. Hydraulic Unit for the steering and a sportively designed Gear lever ( I loved it that way in the Fiesta) made driving all the more fun.

Wish you and your family the best of driving fun with this little monster of a car!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 2nd November 2015 at 16:03.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations for the car, and for this lovely thread.

Your passion shines through your words and pictures, so it is no surprise that the SA remembered you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
I was utterly surprised to see that the SA recognized us had a welcoming smile on his face as we made our way into the showroom. "Classic 1.6, right Sir?", he said, flashing a smile. I nodded back, impressed
My only wish for you is - I hope you grow up quickly enough to get your driving license and experience the Fiesta before it leaves your garage (not sure how many years to go for your DL).
arunphilip is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post

FINTAIL: Thank you for being the brother and for all the suggestions and help. Cheers bro!
Arre kya baat karta hai tum?

As a fellow petrolhead, giving those inputs were the least I could've done.

Belated congratulations, nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

My only wish for you is - I hope you grow up quickly enough to get your driving license and experience the Fiesta before it leaves your garage (not sure how many years to go for your DL).
At the moment, his age is 13.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 2nd November 2015 at 18:13.
FINTAIL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:37   #19
BHPian

Wow, amazing write up, I am sure a lot of Team bhpians would recollect their childhood days for cars.

I am also happy to see that you have chosen the same color as mine and a few other in this forum. I still love my beast although its 8 years young.Take care of her and trust me she will always give you a smile or a grin with its power.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the 1.6 Duratec gang, @petrolhead-neel. I was shocked to learn that you're still in your teens, as your many posts hitherto gave me an impression that you were a professional driver!

Nevertheless, I hope you grow up fast to take the wheel of the car you've so fondly described in this thread. Wish your dad many happy miles with this gem of a car.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Superbly worded review of an awesome car!! Congrats on the acquisition Neel. Your review is very detailed with some very good pics. As mentioned by others the clarity of your thought and your love for the car shines through in the review. Many many happy miles with the car and hope you inherit it soon!!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:18   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic review of an equally fantastic car. Congratulations to you and your family for acquiring this wonderful American steed!

You may be young, but you have the petrol-head spirit in dollops, my young friend. Don't ever let that part of you go down as you advance on in age.

You remind me of myself when as a youngin' I lusted after the addictive engine note of our Premier Padmini Deluxe BE! Yes, the petrol-head part in us kicks in real early.

As for your chosen car, it's one of the best NA-powered cars ever made. All the negatives of the Classic (nee Fiesta) go out of the window once you turn on the engine. She drives, handles and behaves like a dream - one of the major quality which is missing in most of today's cars. Power, stability, road manners and performance which is second to none. They don't make engines like those anymore.

I hope she serves you and your family faithfully for many, many years to come. Rated thread a fully-deserved 5 stars!
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 20:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Neel, and i must say, one heck of a write-up. You should seriously consider a career in auto journalism....at such a young age you already beat many so called professionals hands down. God Bless!
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:31   #24
BHPian

Awesome Neel!! You have a wonderful flair for writing and your ownership review is no less than an TBHP standard official review! Keep up the good work.

You have managed to convince your parents to buy the last of Ford's finest bred horses and one of the best driver's car ever sold on our soil.

Wish you lot of great journeys with the 1.6 Classic.

Enjoy

Srinath

P.S: Rated this thread 5 stars. I can feel the same automotive passion in you that I had during my teenage days (not that its changed much now).
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 00:55   #25
BHPian

Amazing write-up and very detailed ownership review of one of the most iconic Ford's in Indian market. This was long due especially after so many posts of yours. Unlike you, i choose a car which i find most desirable without stressing too much on specs or if the steering has more feel or not , but one thing i never compromise on is safety and hats off to you for doing the same by picking the titanium variant. That's why Ecosport worked wonders for me and i drive her like i have a Polo GT which was one of my choices also. Rated 5 stars for the sheer amount of time and dedication you have put in penning down this thread. Looking forward to see many more interesting threads from you
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Youngest BHPian Writes a Review: Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium 2015

For a moment, I will ignore the car. I'm stunned by the petrol-head spirit in you, your flair for writing and the maturity with which you have compiled this review. Way to go, my young friend! You have shown the way for the rest of us who are lazy to update our ownership threads frequently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was shocked to learn that you're still in your teens, as your many posts hitherto gave me an impression that you were a professional driver!
I thought the same too.
Coming to the car now, I'm glad you and your family chose the Fiesta, err Classic, and not one of the many sub 4m sedans that have flooded our market. We don't get to see such clean designs anymore. Did I forget to mention that engine is a gem that loves to be revved and that chassis is a wonder that keeps you (In your case, your dad ) grinning ear to ear? Wish you many years and miles of happy ownership!
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:40   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

Fantastic review of a fantastic car, thanks for sharing Neil . Congratulations on owning a special breed - the type of sedan which few manufacturers are building today. 1.6L petrol (in an era of <1.5), hydraulic steering (in a market dominated by EPS) and clean styling (in this time of weird sub-4 meter sedans).

When I was your age, I was crazy about cars too. But I didn't have this understanding of them, nor the ability to write like you have. I think your Mum raised you on a diet of petrol, nuts & bolts .

This thread is going straight to the homepage.

Thanks again for sharing! It's going to greatly help those considering a Fiesta Classic, especially pre-worshipped.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:27   #28
BHPian

Fantastic write up Neel! A very comprehensive review indeed.
By the way I own the last 1.6 that was sold in Bangalore! Cheers mate!
Hope you grow up quickly and take the wheels of the car and enjoy her to the fullest!
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 10:27   #29
BHPian

Well Neel, I have to confess I that I thought I was reading stuff put up by a seasoned Auto Journo, such was the maturity of the language you have used. Kudos to you, My Young Friend. You have truly shown that age and experience come a distant second to passion when it comes to cars. Loved reading every line of the review and going through the supremely detailed pictures.

The Fiesta (1.6) is truly a legend in my mind, having fallen prey to the charms of its lesser known 1.6S Aquarius Blue sibling in 2009. I've done 65000 kms in the car and every revv, every downshift and every turn of that steering brings a smile to my lips. A bulletproof car with extremely reasonable parts and maintenance costs, The Classic is truly one of the most underrated cars of its era. Luckily, its also made 1.6 owners a rare breed so we can bask in that glory for a while.

Looking forward to many more interesting posts from you in the months and years to come.

Regards
Premjit
premjit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Vow man, what a review! Congrats Neel and wish you a enjoyable long miles and twisties - and grow up soon to get the license

There is something about Ford sedan owners - they all write good ownership reports!!
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed