Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:56   #106
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

TooFun touched 7000 kms mark and there is not a single complaint from our side. Extremely satisfied. The engine pulls on the highway like a dream. And the exhaust note, above 4k, is pure music to the ears.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_7953.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_7966.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_7973.jpg

My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofan.jpg

Also, the Purbasthali travelogue is now up and you can read it by merely clicking this
link

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 2nd February 2016 at 20:06.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 23:22   #107
BHPian

I stumbled upon this pic clicked with my humble Moto G.
TooFun looks really good in this pic and so I thought of sharing it here.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-1454694764758.jpg

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 5th February 2016 at 23:24.
Old 1st March 2016, 19:04   #108
BHPian

Brilliant writing Neel. I was surprised when i knew how old you were.

I bought home a Ford Classic 1.4 TDCi CLXi about a week ago. I have a concern - The doors do not lock automatically once i cross say 20kmph. I am fine if they don't lock automatically. Can i do it manually? I tried it while i stopped at traffic signals, i rolled the window down and put my hand outside and tried to unlock the door and it did. I am feeling a bit insecure to carry my laptop bag in the rear seat or my mobile phone on the co passenger seat knowing anybody can just pull open the door. Although no such incident happened to me in the last 14 years of my driving experience i feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

Is there any workaround to this?

P.S i just came across this - http://www.india.ford.com/userguide/...-and-unlocking
I now need to figure out how to enable the auto locking.

Last edited by bharatbits : 1st March 2016 at 19:08.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 19:15   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post

P.S i just came across this - http://www.india.ford.com/userguide/...-and-unlocking
Does the CLXi comes with remote locking on the key? If yes, holding down both the lock and unlock buttons for 20-30 seconds will make the indicators blink twice. This will change the lock sequence. You do it once and it will ensure all door remain locked and only driver side door can be unlocked using the unlock button. Doing it twice will unlock all doors. Try this and see if it works. My car had the auto lock feature right from day one. So not sure why your car does not auto lock after crossing 10kmph. If it does not work, then the service center should be able to help you.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 19:29   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Does the CLXi comes with remote locking on the key?
Yes, it comes with remote locking on the key. I will try that. But, i found this source - http://images.mynewcar.in/uploads/br...rd/Classic.pdf
On page 7 it says that particular feature that locks doors while the car is in motion is available only in the Titanium variant.

Isn't it silly? I can lock all doors from inside albeit manually in my humble Indica.
Old 1st March 2016, 20:30   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it comes with remote locking on the key. I will try that. But, i found this source - http://images.mynewcar.in/uploads/br...rd/Classic.pdf
On page 7 it says that particular feature that locks doors while the car is in motion is available only in the Titanium variant.

Isn't it silly? I can lock all doors from inside albeit manually in my humble Indica.
Absurd that a safety feature and touted as such in the brochure itself says only in Titanium variant. Very silly. Does locking the door from inside not lock all the doors? As a work around for traveling with the laptop, use the feature where unlocking the door only unlocks the driver side. The other doors remain locked and the laptop should be safe.
Old 1st March 2016, 20:35   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Does locking the door from inside not lock all the doors? As a work around for traveling with the laptop, use the feature where unlocking the door only unlocks the driver side. The other doors remain locked and the laptop should be safe.
There's no option to lock the doors from inside. That is my concern. Anybody can get in and get out as and when they please.

I don't mind doing it manually. I have to figure out a solution to this. I'll try speaking to Ford ASS next time i see them.
Old 1st March 2016, 20:49   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

There's no option to lock the doors from inside. That is my concern. Anybody can get in and get out as and when they please.

I don't mind doing it manually. I have to figure out a solution to this. I'll try speaking to Ford ASS next time i see them.
In my 9 year old fiesta, if I lock the driver door by pushing the handle inwards, it locks all the doors. And long ago I read about reprogramming the key to unlock only the driver door with a single click, and if I press the unlock again within 3 seconds, all doors. I'll be very surprised if Ford discontinued this in the classic. There's no additional hardware required.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 20:55   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's no option to lock the doors from inside.
Do you mean to say that the doors cannot be locked from the inside so that the doors cannot be opened using the outside handles?

If so, that is not correct. The inside door latch which is pulled to unlock the door can be pushed in the opposite direction (into the door) to lock it. Pushing the driver side latch into the door will lock all doors, preventing anyone from being able to open the doors from the outside.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 22:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Brilliant writing Neel. I was surprised when i knew how old you were.

I bought home a Ford Classic 1.4 TDCi CLXi about a week ago. I have a concern - The doors do not lock automatically once i cross say 20kmph. I am fine if they don't lock automatically. Can i do it manually? I tried it while i stopped at traffic signals, i rolled the window down and put my hand outside and tried to unlock the door and it did. I am feeling a bit insecure to carry my laptop bag in the rear seat or my mobile phone on the co passenger seat knowing anybody can just pull open the door. Although no such incident happened to me in the last 14 years of my driving experience i feel it's better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Regarding your problem, VeluM has given the correct solution probably. Still, making things clear for you:

1. The 'auto-lock' is present only in the Titanium variant.

2. Press the door latch(either driver/passenger) "inwards", there will be a "cluck" and all the doors will replicate the same, their latches will move inwards too. This is how the central locking in the Fiesta works.

3. Pulling either the passenger/driver side door latch will result in all the doors getting unlocked. The pulling of the rear door latches corresponds to only that particular door opening.

4. If most of the times the car is used only by you, program the key to open only the driver's door on one click, as mentioned by other BHPians. This will be very helpful.

5. Central locking locks the opening of the boot too!

Hope this helps.

*Ownership Update*

7500+ kms up! Not even a single problem to report.

More views of certain aspects of the car coming up soon. Stay tuned.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 1st March 2016 at 22:12.
Old 2nd March 2016, 08:06   #116
BHPian

Thank you all for the prompt replies. I tried it just now and yeah pushing the lever into the door central locks all the 4 doors. However, in that locked position for a newbie it looks as if the lever has been damaged. That position does not go well with the overall flow of the interiors. I mean aesthetically.
Old 3rd March 2016, 08:44   #117
BHPian

I have another query. The red light on the instrument cluster seems to go on and off when the car is locked. I gave the car for a interior and exterior shampoo and wash yesterday. It seems to have come up since then. I am pretty sure it wasn't coming up before. How do i ensure that doesn't blink like that. It is a bit distracting when i am in the car without the ignition turned on. Even otherwise i don't want it to attract attention from people passing by.

I hope you understood what i meant by the red light. If need be i can post a picture.

Look forward to your recommendations.
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:01   #118
BHPian

Quote:
I have another query. The red light on the instrument cluster seems to go on and off when the car is locked. I gave the car for a interior and exterior shampoo and wash yesterday. It seems to have come up since then. I am pretty sure it wasn't coming up before. How do i ensure that doesn't blink like that. It is a bit distracting when i am in the car without the ignition turned on.
Hi, this is a normal indication to indicate that the immobilizer is armed. This happens as soon as you turn the engine off! I think you must have not noticed it before but it is the way it suppose to be. It is present in all present gen Ford cars(Ecosport, Figo etc). There is nothing much than can be done about it to disable it.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:45   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have another query. The red light on the instrument cluster seems to go on and off when the car is locked. I gave the car for a interior and exterior shampoo and wash yesterday. It seems to have come up since then. I am pretty sure it wasn't coming up before. How do i ensure that doesn't blink like that. It is a bit distracting when i am in the car without the ignition turned on. Even otherwise i don't want it to attract attention from people passing by.

I hope you understood what i meant by the red light. If need be i can post a picture.

Look forward to your recommendations.
But this only blinks when your car is switched off, locked, typically when one is outside the car. How does this distract?
And actually, if you think about it, its a good guard against theft. In a car park, your car only has to be tougher to steal than the ones near it. This is a pretty decent tell all to scum that they may wasted their time trying to steal her, or maybe spend more time in jacking her than the neighbouring car.
God, yeah?
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 17:12   #120
BHPian

Excellent thread Neel. My fault that i stumbled upon your review so late. Let me tell you that your review has gone a long way in inspiring me to pen down the initial ownership report of my new Baleno.

Here's congratulating you on the amazing car that Classic is, and wishing your family many happy miles with the beauty.

Wishing you happy shotgun riding for the next 5 years, and look forward to meeting you in one of the Kolkata meets soon.
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks