Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2016, 21:03   #121
BHPian

Re: My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium

TooFun Log:

Current odo reading: 7740 kms

This is one gem of a car! After more than 10 months of living with her, we are completely satisfied, thrilled, rather. She has totally spoilt us now. The versatility that she offers is just out of the world.

The highway cruises are extremely enjoyable. The 1.6 hums a nice tone at triple digit speeds and there is rock solid stability. Find an open stretch, drop down to the 3rd gear, floor the pedal and you're off! She flies! Speaking of 3rd gear, it picks up from speeds as low as 20 km/h and goes all the way upto speeds which shouldn't be mentioned here. Even the top gear picks up from as low as 40 km/h, without any juddering or lag. But the 3rd gear is the ultimate de-facto automatic in the city. Mid range punch is explosive, and you'll like to keep her between 3k-5k revs.

Tire pressure hugely affects the dynamics and steering feel. And with the tire pressures set to recommended, there is no belly scraping even in the larger speed breakers, if driven with care.

She is a very good tourer. After a full day of driving, fatigue levels are extremely low. Another thing that my folks appreciate is that the poise that she keeps during cornering. Passengers don't feel a thing, even if you corner enthusiastically. Undulations don't bother the ride much too. That said, softer seats at the rear would've helped a lot.

Another thing to note is that after a hot run with the AC running on full blast, the temp gauge shows 90C while the secret menu hovers around 100-105C.

I am probably boring you all with the words, so now time for some pictures her. Just returned from a <200 km trip from Bolpur and Deul.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofun3min.jpg

Road trips=Driving+Photgraphy
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-roadtrip1.jpg

Beautiful roads...
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-roadtrip2min.jpg

Parked near a village, which had a fossil park.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-parkedmin.jpg

The nature played with her colors today.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-sky1.jpg

TooFun posing!
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofun2.jpg

The Paprika Red rocket!
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-toofun4.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Excellent thread Neel. My fault that i stumbled upon your review so late. Let me tell you that your review has gone a long way in inspiring me to pen down the initial ownership report of my new Baleno.

Here's congratulating you on the amazing car that Classic is, and wishing your family many happy miles with the beauty.

Wishing you happy shotgun riding for the next 5 years, and look forward to meeting you in one of the Kolkata meets soon.
Thanks a lot! Will keep an eye on your Baleno thread.

Regards,
Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 12th March 2016 at 21:13.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 21:39   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post

Another thing to note is that after a hot run with the AC running on full blast, the temp gauge shows 90C while the secret menu hovers around 100-105C.
Good to know that y9u're enjoying your new car! Your views match with mine.

By the way, I could not understand the 'secret menu' part above. Care to elaborate?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 22:10   #123
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good to know that you're enjoying your new car! Your views match with mine.

By the way, I could not understand the 'secret menu' part above. Care to elaborate?
I guess it is the actual temperature seen in the 'Test Mode' of the car.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 23:04   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
I guess it is the actual temperature seen in the 'Test Mode' of the car.
Quote:
Good to know that y9u're enjoying your new car! Your views match with mine.

It is the menu that can be accessed by pressing the button on the instrument console while turning on the car. Can be accessed irrespective of whether the engine is on or off. Displays a lot of info, some of which cannot be decoded by me, and also has checks like gauge sweep, LED check etc.
My 2015 Ford Classic 1.6 Titanium-img_20160312_154400.jpg
A very useful little gadget.

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 12th March 2016 at 23:06.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 00:18   #125
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is the menu that can be accessed by pressing the button on the instrument console while turning on the car. Can be accessed irrespective of whether the engine is on or off. Displays a lot of info, some of which cannot be decoded by me, and also has checks like gauge sweep, LED check etc.
Attachment 1485132
A very useful little gadget.

Neel
Yes it is a nice to have gadget, I have tried it a few times in my 1.4 Petrol.
Though I am a bit late to the party, congrats on the new possession. A very well written review. Your initial prologue reminded me a bit of myself. I had a huge(and still have )collection of hotwheels when I was young. I didn't want to buy anything but hotwheels when I was young. And my little brother felt pleasure in throwing them out of the window.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 06:59   #126
BHPian

Interesting to know the secret menu and how to access it. I will try it right now to see if my car fails in any of the checks.

My car's company warranty expired in Feb 2015. I bought the car a month ago from the previous owner who did not bother buying extended warranty. I think it's not possible to get the extended warranty now. Is there any atypical way to get the extended warranty now?
Old 13th March 2016, 15:04   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but what button? Are you referring to the one that resets the trip meter? Can you please elaborate?
Old 13th March 2016, 23:24   #128
BHPian

Here You go a short video of the test mode...

Last edited by Starscream1188 : 13th March 2016 at 23:26.
Starscream1188 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 12:35   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but what button? Are you referring to the one that resets the trip meter? Can you please elaborate?
@vnabhi: This how i get to the Test mode. Turn the Key to ACC then press and hold the trip reset button, now turn the key one more time to ignition keep holding the trip reset button in a few seconds you will see the display change to Test mode.
Starscream1188 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 09:46   #130
BHPian

I was out for a trip for two weeks and after I returned, the first thing I did was to check if TooFun was all right. I removed the cover and pressed on the 'Unlock' button on the key. Nothing seemed to happen. I did it again, but similar results! I had no option but to manually insert the key and unlock her. Once I unlocked her manually, I tried to do it with the remote again and voila! It started working. One thing here is that the radio antenna was detached the whole time.

Anything to worry?

Also, her 1st birthday is coming up! Suggestions needed: would painting the alloys to gun metal look good? Also, what about blackening out the mirrors with glossy black vinyl, just leaving the indicators how they are?

Neel

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 4th April 2016 at 09:49.
Old 4th April 2016, 17:52   #131
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the key thing is anything to worry about as such. These systems become a bit faulty when the car isn't used for a while or sometimes even during heavy rain.

I would say save the cash for some neat looking 15" alloys. Forget doing anything to the stock rims. Don't black out the mirrors or anything like that either. Paprika red (I think that is the specific colour?) is a classy colour and doesn't take well to many unnecessary black additions. From personal experience though, I can recommend getting a wire mesh grille done. The car looks fantastic with it also perhaps you could get the tail lamps smoked but leaving the white indicator/reverse light portion
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 19:26   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I was out for a trip for two weeks and after I returned, the first thing I did was to check if TooFun was all right. I removed the cover and pressed on the 'Unlock' button on the key.

Neel
The key's remote battery might be weak and acting up, replacing them is an easy affair(mentioned in owner's manual). Also check central locking fuse if it is properly seated in it's place or not.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 23:30   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I don't think the key thing is anything to worry about as such. These systems become a bit faulty when the car isn't used for a while or sometimes even during heavy rain.
Thanks!
Quote:
I would say save the cash for some neat looking 15" alloys. Forget doing anything to the stock rims. Don't black out the mirrors or anything like that either. Paprika red (I think that is the specific colour?) is a classy colour and doesn't take well to many unnecessary black additions. From personal experience though, I can recommend getting a wire mesh grille done. The car looks fantastic with it also perhaps you could get the tail lamps smoked but leaving the white indicator/reverse light portion
Thanks a ton!

15" alloys isn't happening soon.

Will keep the other things in mind. The shade is indeed Paprika Red. Where can I get the wire mesh grill done?

But why are you asking to refrain from painting the stock alloys? BHPian aravind.anand did it on his 1.6S and it looks great! But I agree with you, if not done with perfection, the results can be disastrous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
The key's remote battery might be weak and acting up, replacing them is an easy affair(mentioned in owner's manual). Also check central locking fuse if it is properly seated in it's place or not.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Changing the battery is indeed a very easy job. But are they supposed to run out of breath so soon? That is quite unexpected now...isn't it? I hope that they aren't defective.
Thanks again.

Neel
Old 8th April 2016, 07:35   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Changing the battery is indeed a very easy job. But are they supposed to run out of breath so soon? That is quite unexpected now...isn't it? I hope that they aren't defective.
Thanks again.

Neel
Yea I agree that an year old battery isn't supposed to be at the end of its life cycle but when it come to electronics, nothing can be said in certainty. I have seen sharp contrasts myself, one of my friend's Figo's key battery went kaput in 7 months itself and our Figo's remote key is going strong even after 3 years!! I would say just wait and watch, if this repeats at a regular frequency, then it's defiantly the remote battery otherwise it might be just one of case.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 13:45   #135
BHPian

Great car. Great thread. Iv been thoroughly impressed with your writing and attention to automotive detail. Please do continue doing so.

Coming back to the car. Yeah, fiesta 1.6 is a delight. Too bad its not sold anymore. :(
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks