Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 13:07   #61
BHPian

Re: My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Nice writeup SandyGordon. Are the headlamps Bixenons..? Or do they have a halogen high beam?
They are bixenons

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Nice detailed ownership report SandyGordon. Your brown hippo looks subtle yet menacing with those tasty alloys and tires.
One question, could you post the cost breakup of the OTR, since the NEXA dealer close to my space categorically stated that it is mandatory to buy insurance from them only.
I told them that it is not at all correct. Still wanted to check if their quote was alright or not.
Nexa Kochi is allowing other insurances. I spoke to one of the s cross customers who said he took his own insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey buddy,

When the ICE is switched OFF/idle what will be the thing that opens when the MODE button is pressed on the steering wheel?

In my Swift, when the ICE is OFF and press the MODE button, the USB stick activates with music playing. If I press the MODE again it changes to FM >>> AM >>> CD >>>AUX >>> USB.

How does this work in the S-Cross?

In the 1.8 years with the Swift, I would have hardly pressed any of the buttons except for 'Repeat' and 'Display'!

What's your feedback on usage friendly-ness?
Its the same mode button saga. I have to press the mode button twice for changing AM/FM.
User friendly- Not much.
But I think it is the process of getting used to the system. I might find it user friendly after a few months.

The comparison photo saga continues..
with the BMW X1
Attached Thumbnails
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-1.jpg  

My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-2.jpg  

My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-3-2.jpg  

Last edited by sandygordon : 15th September 2015 at 13:09.
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 13:26   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
The comparison photo saga continues..
with the BMW X1

Looks like you took the comments on the 'just another hatchback' size of the car too personally! No one can have any more doubts on the size of the car with apt comparisons with GLA, X1, Creta, Duster, Ertiga etc. Just kidding!

Which parking lot? Seems to have all sort of cars coming in!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 03:30   #63
BHPian

My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-imageuploadedbyteambhp1442354258.736469.jpg message from my rm.feedback after reading the review. 😀
sandygordon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 10:43   #64
BHPian

Hi SandyGordon,

Awesome review I have to say. Thank you

I am facing the issue with left wiper blades not cleaning the screen properly. I will get this checked in the first checkup dye this week.

Are you facing issues with the ICE? I have faced the following -

1. On engaging the reverse gear the guidelines in the display do not come on. Have to engage the first gear and return to the reverse gear to fix this issue (3 instances)

2. Despite selecting the media as Bluetooth the audio does not play on the speakers but on my phone. (2 instances)

When I got the delivery of the car the ODO read 39 kms and the average FE read 3 kmpl, now after 890 kms the average FE has moved to 15.8 kmpl. By the way I changed the Tyres to manufacturer spec of 205 60 R16 - Continental Tyres, so I do not expect a dip in FE
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 11:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Hi SandyGordon,

I am facing the issue with left wiper blades not cleaning the screen properly. I will get this checked in the first checkup dye this week.

1. On engaging the reverse gear the guidelines in the display do not come on. Have to engage the first gear and return to the reverse gear to fix this issue (3 instances)

2. Despite selecting the media as Bluetooth the audio does not play on the speakers but on my phone. (2 instances)

When I got the delivery of the car the ODO read 39 kms and the average FE read 3 kmpl, now after 890 kms the average FE has moved to 15.8 kmpl. By the way I changed the Tyres to manufacturer spec of 205 60 R16 - Continental Tyres, so I do not expect a dip in FE
Yes one out of ten times the guidelines are not displayed
Blue tooth did not pair properly with my phone on 3-4 instances. Afterall these are electronics and not iphones.

After 1500 km the FE is 15.5 kmpl (have 7-9 km of highway in my daily city drive of 24 km)
sandygordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:38   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi SandyGordon,

The ICE is buggy. Sometimes it's very lazy to respond to buttons.

Even I faced the same issue with guide lines. It comes up late sometimes. The service guys confirmed that this is a generic issue and something to do with the lazyness of the software-hardware mismatch. Hopefully the software update will fix this issue.

Regarding the bluetooth issue, I never faced this issue with iPhones. But, couple of my friends complained the same with Androids. One solution might be to unpair/forget the device and repair. Also this issue happened with Androids when the bluetooth music is going on and the engine stopped. The mobile speakers only comes up when the engine restarts. On the contrary the system feels much more compatible with iphones. It recognizes the iphone as ipod when connected via usb and charges too. The bluetooth association is also seamless with telephony and music playback with iphones.

The FE you are getting is good enough considering the run-in period. It will improve after service. Currently after 2500 kms my FE stands at 17+ in bangalore traffic.

<Edit> Also reset all(avg FE, Avg speed individually) after refuel to get the correct reading.

Last edited by sou_3749 : 16th September 2015 at 13:42. Reason: Added more comments
sou_3749 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 13:49   #67
BHPian

Saw the S-Cross first time on road (read-: in traffic).
And man it looks big. It certainly would not turn any heads, but it surely grabs attention from other cars.
For me it was actually a bit difficult to accept that the car in my rear view mirror was S-Cross,
I for once thought it was a Duster. But those projectors look mean.
It was a 1.6 and the power proved it self when the car just disappeared in front of me.
Loved the first sight of it.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 18:25   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sou_3749 View Post
The ICE is buggy. Sometimes it's very lazy to respond to buttons.
===============
<Edit> Also reset all(avg FE, Avg speed individually) after refuel to get the correct reading.
How do you reset the FE, Avg speed etc., I did not know this, I thought only the trip meter can be reset. Also, do you what is the use of the instant fuel efficiency display?
Old 16th September 2015, 19:19   #69
BANNED

Quote:
How do you reset the FE, Avg speed etc., I did not know this, I thought only the trip meter can be reset. Also, do you what is the use of the instant fuel efficiency display?
Swift Instrumentation Console:
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-20131219_162320.jpg

S-Cross Instrumentation Console:
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-marutiscross09.jpg

In the Swift to reset the Average FE, I press the right stalk for 1-2 seconds and it chnages to " --.- " kmpl

Should be the same way in the S-Cross too. Reset the Average FE every refuel of every full tank that you do so that you get the exact FE figure for that tank. which should be almost accurate to your calculation.

Instantaneous FE is just a gadget and I find it vague.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th September 2015 at 19:22.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2015, 20:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Pressing the right stalk for couple of seconds resets the counter. Out of the 5 screens reset only avg FE and avg speed to get actual figures for the tank full. The bar type instantaneous FE gadget is a moral booster. What we are missing is a digital display for instantaneous FE and real time speedometer which would have been much more helpful. The vehicle manual is quite informative except missing details for security modes.
sou_3749 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 10:54   #71
BHPian

Quote:
The bar type instantaneous FE gadget is a moral booster. What we are missing is a digital display for instantaneous FE and real time speedometer which would have been much more helpful.
Instantaneous FE indicator makes my foot light, hence I usually have a blank screen in there when I go for long drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Instantaneous FE is just a gadget and I find it vague.
Yes I agree

Quote:
On the contrary the system feels much more compatible with iphones. It recognizes the iphone as ipod when connected via usb and charges too.
Ha.. Another reason for going for an I phone. Waiting for the 6s launch for the 6 prices to drop.

Heres another shot
Hippo with the hot chicks in the business.
The red one is hotter.
Attached Thumbnails
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-img_20150918_085822.jpg  

sandygordon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 13:28   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Heres another shot
Hippo with the hot chicks in the business.
The red one is hotter.
Really nice efforts by you in managing to click your Hippo with other cars. This thing deserves a special thread in my opinion.

I strongly assume that you keep parking again and again in the lot every day, to click with multiple cars!

EDIT - How do the LEDs (DRL like) function? Do they work like parking lights or DRLs? I have seen 2-3 S Cross' with their registration plate lights and taillamps lit up during daytime.

Last edited by vin11 : 18th September 2015 at 13:33.
Old 18th September 2015, 14:47   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
Really nice efforts by you in managing to click your Hippo with other cars. This thing deserves a special thread in my opinion.

EDIT - How do the LEDs (DRL like) function? Do they work like parking lights or DRLs? I have seen 2-3 S Cross' with their registration plate lights and taillamps lit up during daytime.
Thank you.
They work as park lights. Those who want to show off the LEDs can use them as DRLs.
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:19   #74
BHPian

Pics..

with the Audi A4
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-audi.jpg

In between a hatch and an SUV. Is not it what it is?
My Brown Little Hippo: Maruti S-Cross DDiS 200 Alpha-3-cars.jpg
sandygordon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:03   #75
BHPian

That A4 is looking puny in perspective. Maybe its the angle of the shot..whatever. Nice series of shots Sandygordon.

Most Viewed