Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 14:47   #226
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

How can I find out if a part is covered under warranty/extended warranty or not covered at all?
Old 29th October 2018, 14:54   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
How can I find out if a part is covered under warranty/extended warranty or not covered at all?
By default all is covered in warranty.
And refer the following link for parts not under extended warranty -

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/channel...ended-warranty

Check the PDF present in the above link.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:06   #228
BHPian

Dada, today morning my CIAZ gave me a hard time. Initially the Battery light became ON, then after 30 kms of drive, the Infotainment system stop, the ABS and BRAKE lights become ON, and after 500 mts of drive, the POWER STEERING lights ON and the steering become hard. It was do difficult for me to park the car on to a parking.

Any experience like this? Looks like an issue with Battery.
Old 17th December 2018, 10:43   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Dada, today morning my CIAZ gave me a hard time. Initially the Battery light became ON, then after 30 kms of drive, the Infotainment system stop, the ABS and BRAKE lights become ON, and after 500 mts of drive, the POWER STEERING lights ON and the steering become hard. It was do difficult for me to park the car on to a parking.

Any experience like this? Looks like an issue with Battery.
Strange - have not witnessed it. Though got my battery tested for voltage etc yesterday during routine 40k servicing. But of course, the battery can die anytime after 3 years.
Old 17th December 2018, 18:57   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Strange - have not witnessed it. Though got my battery tested for voltage etc yesterday during routine 40k servicing. But of course, the battery can die anytime after 3 years.

The issue was with the Hybrid Generator belt which got torn. Had to call a crane to pick up the Car to the service center (Rs. 800 for 7 KMs) where the belt along with another belt were replaced (Rs.700 both) and Labour charges (Rs. 250). Time - 3 to 4 hours.

Learning - should have changed it every 30 K but looks like I havent changed it. I am not sure if I was advised properly as I usually do so.
Old 19th December 2018, 22:37   #231
BHPian

Update :

So the ODO crossed 40K km's and got the car services from Qutab Automobiles - rather than Nexa.
( though, as per Qutab, since Ciaz has moved over to Nexa, they are unable to open ONLINE job card now - so to claim warranty later, their bill will have to be saved )

Got the regular servicing - all fluid change, along with intercooler (I missed striking it out - would have saved 850rs) and Fan Belt change (SA told me that he is witnessing a lot of sudden complaints after 30K kms with it broken).
Also made a point to get the battery checked - with AC + Lights and other combinations, battery was declared fit.

Completed 40,000 kms in 3 years - not much driving, but still ... ! !
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Engine Oil - around 2k -
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Fan Belt Change - its tricky to change it from tight angles.
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

The box contained air filter + oil filter etc in one container - and the kit was around 200 odd rs cheap than buying separately.
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti with its line up of new branded refills -
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

3M underbody still intact
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Finally, washing !
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-13.jpg

And invoice
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-14.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 27th July 2019 at 08:22. Reason: Correcting image orientation
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:44   #232
BHPian

anyone who has changed the stock tyres recently? Can you share what you choose, price etc?
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:07   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
anyone who has changed the stock tyres recently? Can you share what you choose, price etc?
Changed it for a friend sometime ago, Continental MC5 , 205 width, it fits nicely on the top version Ciaz alloys. It has good road grip and its not noisy.

We got this idea of fitting the 205 after observing a cab running that size (chinese tyre) and it looked nice

I think we paid 5.8K per tyre, not cheap, but worth it.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 12:06   #234
BHPian

So, the car has completed 45000km's - no major issues whatsoever except the same old Caliper Pin issue.

First time noise issue was encountered was at around 25000 km's mark - pin was greased , and noise went away.

Noise was back at 27000km's mark - this time caliper pin was changed.

Noise was again back at about 32000km's mark - caliper pin changed again.

( All the above via MASS and under warranty )

Approx 37000 km's, and the same noise from front both calipers. This time escalated to Maruti, and they had the Nexa dealer change Pin + Brake Shoe Pads + Complete Brake Assembly. All covered under warranty.

All was good till around 44000 km's - and again the same noise. Nexa checked, recorded video and audio, sent it to Maruti, had them check, and finally once again the whole assembly was changed. Don't know for how many more km's this would last.

I am not sure if there is some more underlying issue which causes this symptom ? Nexa and Maruti are clueless ! And I am apprehensive because 4 years warranty would be done in couple of months, and the noise and issue would be back as soon as warranty is over - though a quick fix would be greasing of pin, but getting this frequent is never heard of. My swift had this caliper pin changed at around 30k/40k km's - not every 5k/7k km's

Any reviews and feedback for Liqui Molly Diesel Purge ? All I am looking for is a quieter and less vibration engine. Anyone used it or any other purge/additiv ?
Old 26th July 2019, 18:13   #235
BHPian

Mine is a 2016 October model Ciaz SHVS ZDI model and i could see the start-stop alarm blinking. This could be due to the battery weakening. Mine has done about 37000 kms. How is your battery faring. Battery not lasting three years is a shocker. I would like to run the battery for some more time. I also want to be safe since i travel to remote locations. Any further warning signs till it finally dies out.
Otherwise the car has been great. I noticed that the crankcase breather pipe was holed during the 30000km service and got it replaced. It took a lot of effort to replace that pipe. Just have a look at the pipe in your car also.
Old 26th July 2019, 18:31   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju1971 View Post
Mine is a 2016 October model Ciaz SHVS ZDI model and i could see the start-stop alarm blinking.
I noticed that the crankcase breather pipe was holed during the 30000km service and got it replaced.
Hey! No battery symptom so far ! Got it checked at 40K km's servicing mark, and the tests were normal - but a thing like battery is going to surprise and fail you all of a sudden.
Where are you seeing this start-stop alarm blinking ?
and where is this breather pipe ? just saw the holes or were there any symptoms to suggest the damage ?
Old 29th July 2019, 16:34   #237
BHPian

It is the Aoff warning signal close to the fuel gauge, it keeps blinking even after the engine is running. The manual says it is a fault with the SVHS system.
The breather hose is close to the oil dipstick and i just managed to notice the holes in it.
Old 1st August 2019, 16:11   #238
BHPian

As a preventive measure, opted to buy Liqui Molly Diesel Purge - been hearing good stuff on teambhp, as well as online searches.

There is no mechanical issue with the car / engine - no black/white smoke, no issue with pickup I guess, no sluggishness.

But to reduce the overall noise and vibrations, would be going ahead with the above additiv.

It is available on Amazon as well - MRP on bottle is 1250/- , but I got it for 500/- through direct dealership in the city

Before purchasing had a word with their sales rep from Germany, and he explained that with one bottle, all the sludge etc would be removed from injectors. As per him, we should see a noticeable difference in audible engine noise within first 100 kms. And one bottle of 500ml would last 20,000kms !

As per the website, it lists the following advantages >

- boosts the cetane number
- increases operational reliability
- eliminates diesel knocking
- reduces deposits
- cleans the fuel system
- good corrosion protection
- guarantees optimum combustion
- highly economical

I would be going on a highway trip to Udaipur soon, so would not touch the engine for now - but when I am back, would be adding this before filling up the diesel tank.

Do let me know if anyone of you have experienced this add on?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5170-DieselPurge-19.0-en (1).pdf (116.4 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st August 2019 at 22:57. Reason: As requested.
Old 1st August 2019, 19:17   #239
BHPian

Hello sir,
Have been a silent visitor of your thread for a long time now. I wanted to know if there is anything similar to the Diesel Purge for Petrol cars.
Wishing you and your Ciaz more trouble-free miles
Cheers
Old 1st August 2019, 19:37   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hello sir,
Have been a silent visitor of your thread for a long time now. I wanted to know if there is anything similar to the Diesel Purge for Petrol cars.
Wishing you and your Ciaz more trouble-free miles
Cheers
Glad that the info I am putting in is helping someone !

For petrol too, Liqui Molly do have a product >

https://www.amazon.in/Liqui-Moly-Pet...s%2C284&sr=8-1

Once again, lovely ratings and reviews - check them out.
I have not used any cleaner till date - not for this car, not for my older petrol cars - so this would be my first, so cant really recommend anything !

For any query specifically on Liqui Molly product, send an email to support@liqui-moly.com , they are quick to respond.

For more details, discussions and options, visit this thread >

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...thread-65.html (The Fuel Additives Thread)
ptaneja is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks