Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 10:34   #31
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Hybrid Customs, Chandigarh.
Headlights customization charges Rs 4500. Tail lights Rs 7500.

Looks very cool. I don't know the warranty issues yet.

The silver cladding. I feel look better than the ugly black ones. However, still hunting for a decent cladding.
I uploaded the pictures last night in half sleep. Probably, that's why they appeared now where.

Here, are the pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12250404_1639778506298897_1087071458_o.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12255566_1639778176298930_27744767_o.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-74027577_1_1000x700_chromecombopackforciazdelhi.jpg  

Old 18th November 2015, 10:58   #32
BHPian

Tire upgrade:
Thanks for the encouragement. Will surely go for this upgrade.

Picture 1 and 2:
I got the idea for the Faux wood trims from a member of another Automobile forum. SA wanted Rs. 4200 for these. I told him I will only give you Rs. 2000 for these. He reluctantly agreed. Of course, I had to be firm without being arrogant.

Picture 3:
This is a photo-shopped picture where I have tried to put the Chrome appliqué between the two ugly black claddings. I wonder if this will be a solution if we just use a chrome strip in this area. May give a very classy look to an otherwise over done rear bumper. What do you think?

Picture 4:
This is a picture I took of a car which had chrome claddings. Looked better than black, but I am still not sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img20150107wa0006.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img20150107wa0007.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img_20151117_145207_hdr_1447752655292.jpg  

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-r.jpg  

Old 18th November 2015, 11:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I am thinking of adding on the following two upgrades in the near future - how are these ?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-dicky-chr...4AAOSwstxU8CvO

http://olx.in/item/maruti-ciaz-diffu...tml#cc653d7b0f
I am not so sure of the diffuser yet. As it probably will add more black to the rear. Until I see this solution on road. I really can't say.

Here is the Maruti Genuine Accessory Catalog for the Faux wood trim:
https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...Font_06_09.pdf

Last edited by fazalmirza : 18th November 2015 at 11:10. Reason: Adding a link for the above discussion
Old 23rd November 2015, 17:58   #34
BHPian

Update -

The car crossed 3000kms in one and a half month - mileage stands at 25.4km/ltr as of now.

Also, I have finished off the whole process of insurance/NCB transfer process.
The quote I got from dealer for insurance was 31K approx..
NCB transfer was being quoted as 6.5K – which would inturn result in insurance being around 25K.

On enquiring from a friend of mine working with National Insurance, the same IDV value with 0% Dep Cover was costing 24K. The only difference being with that of cashless and reimbursement process – with this much saving, I thought of taking the risk.
Steps which were followed –
1. When you sell the old vehicle, do NOT handover the original insurance paper. I made this mistake, and had to travel twice to get the insurance paper out. Luckily the car was not sold by then.
2. Travel to Insurance Company HO once(if they can do on phone/online it would be good - but for my case, National wanted to see the original documents with the owner of car), show them the new insurance, old insurance, selling receipt etc.
3. They’ll process it at their end for a week or so, and will remove the NCB percentage from old vehicle, and make the insurance as Third Party Insurance ( it will still stay in your name till end of policy date)
4. The above stripped away percentage ( 35% in my case), would be applied on the new policy. The difference amount was in turn transferred to my account online ( 8K in my case )
5. Additionally 2200 was refunded back with respect of leftover insurance duration.

All the above ensured, that in the end I got the following –
New Insurance = 24,000
NCB Adjusted = 10,200
Actual insurance with 35% NCB on it = 13,800

ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

My First Diesel: Maruti Ciaz ZDi + SHVS

Quote:
Update ::

1005 kms of highway trip completed - Mileage came out to be more than 25, with speeds ranging from 80 to 100, 4 adults + 1 kid + heavy luggage.

]

That's very good FE 👍 all modern diesels give similar FE but it's also about how you drive ! That fact that you got 25+ kpl over 1000 kms of driving also says a lot about your driving.

I have completed 33.5K kms since Dec 2014 and the worst I have seen till date is a figure of 16.xxkpl and that's also because I was idling with AC on for more than a 1 hour in the mangalore heat.

Off late ( seen in the Amaze D as well ) , performance feels a bit sluggish once beyond 7K kms in between the 10K service interval. Sluggish performance also meant I was in lower gears on stretches that otherwise would be done in top gear. I have been cleaning the airfilter myself regularly , but this didn't help much. Mr. Sudhakar from Surakshaa Car Care , Koramangala , Bangalore suggests the 5 K kms " check-up" service in between.

The max I got over a similar 1000 kms drive to Mumbai from bangalore was 22.xx kpl with AC on full time. While did Mumbai - bangalore in under 12 hours , this FE figure might have been better had we stuck to below 2000 rpms.

The best highway drive FE I have seen was 24.xx kpl over 480 kms with AC on and some good 2 lane driving stretches up the hills to Munnar

The overall FE till date stands at 19.37 kpl over 33 K kms. Just a FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post

Question 1: I am keen for a tire a tire upgrade from stock 195/55 R16 Apollo to 205/55 R16's. I know, Ciaz ZDI+ already has sufficient ground clearance but I love the look that the 205's will give this car. Mileage is already super. Any suggestions?

While handling might improve a bit , I personally feel 205 mm tires are an overkill for this 90 Bhp engine. Maybe 195 mm tires with better rubber is something you should consider. I have changed to 195/15 Michelin 3STs from the the useless 185 mm OE Bridgestone tires.

Last edited by speedsatya : 23rd November 2015 at 18:29.
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Mr. Sudhakar from Surakshaa Car Care , Koramangala , Bangalore suggests the 5 K kms " check-up" service in between.
Hello !!

Yes, the mileage is so far the icing on the cake !!

Any idea what he plans to do in this unscheduled check up ? Well, you cant replace oil ..max he would do is clean the filter with high pressure air. Or maybe pre-pone the servicing to every 7.5K kms ?
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello !!

Yes, the mileage is so far the icing on the cake !!

Any idea what he plans to do in this unscheduled check up ? Well, you cant replace oil ..max he would do is clean the filter with high pressure air. Or maybe pre-pone the servicing to every 7.5K kms ?

Not sure on what they do , but all dealers offer this in- between check up. Honda also did this. Air filter cleaning , top-ups and other General check - ups along with the usual wheel balancing / alignment
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Not sure on what they do , but all dealers offer this in- between check up. Honda also did this. Air filter cleaning , top-ups and other General check - ups along with the usual wheel balancing / alignment
I have not yet got the alignment/balancing done - when was the first time you did it ? 5K kms mark ? and then every 5K kms ?
Old 23rd November 2015, 21:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not yet got the alignment/balancing done - when was the first time you did it ? 5K kms mark ? and then every 5K kms ?

Right from my Zen days , it's strictly 5K kms for me. Parag Sachania on the other hand doesn't do this the steering pulls to one side and has never faced any issues.
Old 27th November 2015, 18:12   #40
BHPian

Guys, need some help related to Headlight Upgrade. Which bulb/wattage will fit in normal/high beam without compromising the warranty/wiring/harness etc. ?
Old 10th December 2015, 17:55   #41
BHPian

Update :

Car has covered 3500kms till date - mileage stands at decent 25.0/Ltr.

I am waiting for some expert comments on above requirement of bulb upgrade..
Old 22nd December 2015, 21:44   #42
BHPian

Couple of quick updates -

Car has covered approx 4000 kms, mileage stands at 22km/ltr, been travelling in busy, rush hour traffic - and was expecting this drop in mileage.

Upcoming trip by end of this year, car would reach 5K kms mark by the time I am back -
Gurgaon > Ambala > Solan > Shimla > Narkanda > Fagu Peak > Chail > Solan > Kasauli > Gurgaon

Few random pictures -

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg
Old 23rd December 2015, 19:26   #43
BHPian

Hello Taneja. Congrats for your new Ciaz buddy. Your review is written beautifully written and awesome pictures up there buddy. I'm just astonished by looking at the FE figures you're getting. Looks like the running costs of the Ciaz are lesser than your SX4 CNG. Please do give us a small comparison of the running costs. Once again congrats buddy and wishing you loads of happy miles in it .
Old 25th December 2015, 14:37   #44
BHPian

Hi ptaneja. Congrats and wish you long way ahead. I am looking for Ciaz purchase and would like to know how useful the OEM Nokia maps is.
Any idea on how often it gets the updates and is it showing all the routes that google map shows? And accuracy of the direction?
Old 25th December 2015, 20:25   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruthan View Post
Please do give us a small comparison of the running costs. Once again congrats buddy and wishing you loads of happy miles in it .
Thanks for the wishes !!
For now, I am pretty much satisfied with vehicle. In comparison to SX4 CNG -

- I do a tankful once a month for diesel (for 1600 to 1700 rs) - this lasts me an easy 800kms run. For CNG, I had to run down to CNG pump every 150 odd kms.
- Cost per KM almost matches, around 2rs per km, but for the ease of use diesel is the way to go - no queues to wait unlike CNG pumps, paying once a month, that too directly from credit/debit card and no hassle of cash, keeping change/coins every 3 or 4 days for CNG.
- I am devoid of any mental tension to fill up the CNG before heading out somewhere early morning ! I do remember going to pump at around 10PM at night, to avoid rush hour lanes !
- Finally, because of ongoing pollution issue @Delhi, there will be yet another huge burden on CNG pumps as more and more diesel vehicles(commercial) will need kits !

I have driven around swift & SX4 in CNG all my 20's (accumulated total of more than 1.5Lac kms)...but now, I am getting bone lazy ! Even if it means paying 500rs extra per month for fuel if it can save me from long queues and repeated visit to pump !

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Hi ptaneja. Congrats and wish you long way ahead. I am looking for Ciaz purchase and would like to know how useful the OEM Nokia maps is.
Any idea on how often it gets the updates and is it showing all the routes that google map shows? And accuracy of the direction?
Thanks Man - if you need a no-brainer, practical family sedan which is easy on pocket, go for this !
Coming to your question, Seriously, no comparison with Google Maps! Google wins hands down !
Accuracy wise, its OK, points and guides you correctly, but for totally unknown terrain, I would trust google maps anyday.
And for updates, its about 3 months old, and I have not yet updated it. Will be taking the car for servicing in next 15 days or so, and will inquire then.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks