Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 12:09   #76
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Great to see some life on the thread. Off-late was busy with some office work and hence could not follow up much on TBHP.

Do you know how is the on-dash fuel mileage calculated?

Though mine show around 18 KMPL and it is quite the same as per my calculation, I am little concerned on why the mileage is so low. I agree that most of my drive is city roads and peak hours but I do travel at 22-30 KMPL (as per dash) about 60% of the time. Still the mileage is so low. Any suggestions?
Our stats match to a large extent - I am also a solo driver for 5 days a week, and family time during weekend. Its traffic time for these 5 days, not a major traffic jam situation - about 20kms per day.

Odo stands at 8900 approx right now, reaching the final free service.

I did got the engine oil changed at 1000km mark - the first servicing.

What was the ARAI figure - 26 ? In any case, 18 do look a bit low - it should be in the range of 21 to 24. I am also on a lower end of mileage - hope so the next servicing should improve it a bit.

I have come to know that the bunk I was getting the fuel was the culprit - and this time I refilled mine at company owned pump...lets see if it makes a difference.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-screenshot_20160428120055.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:24   #77

Hi Sdee..

My Ciaz ZDI+ ( not the SHVS one ). I have done 12000 KM's. Inside city with AC, I was getting 19.8 KM's. For the past 2 months, I am getting between 18 to 19 only. As my car is parked in the open Chennai heat, I am suspecting that the ambient heat may be a problem. Otherwise, I was consistently getting above 19.5 in City driving condition. I did not experience any major change in Highway driving also. I am in love with this car as its overall driving comfort is extremely good, cabin space is big, infotainement system is excellent. I feel the paint work could have been better though...
syedshabbir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 22:59   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedshabbir View Post
Hi Sdee..

My Ciaz ZDI+ ( not the SHVS one ). I have done 12000 KM's..
Congrats for completing 12000 kms !
Can you share the cost involved in third servicing ? Apart from Oil + Oil Filter, was anything else done too ?

Mine is at 9300 or so right now..also, how far can we stretch beyond scheduled 10K kms ? Lets say I have a highway trip scheduled, and get it serviced at 10,500kms mark - would they consider it, or convert it to Paid Servicing ?!
Old 13th May 2016, 12:16   #79

Third service cost was approx. Rs.3000. In my case the ASC itself requested me to come later and the service was done at 10600 KM's as they were having huge rush after the chennai floods. Third service was Oil & filter change only.. I am sure the ASC should not have a problem for servicing at 10000 KM's. Neither should the vehicle have any problems. I was a little. To be on the safer side, you can call them and take their concurrence also...
Old 13th May 2016, 13:21   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedshabbir View Post
Third service cost was approx. Rs.3000.
I am assuming its mineral oil and not synthetic ? And I'll call them beforehand to let them know a buffer of 500/700kms.
Old 1st June 2016, 14:40   #81
BHPian

Couple of highway trips coming up !

Odometer stands at 9800kms mark right now - have talked to MASS and confirmed the third and last free servicing to happen at 11000km mark.

First Trip - quick 800kms weekend trip to Shimla.

Second Trip - is a bit lengthy -

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Guys, any idea about the road condition from Dharamshala to Shimla ?
Old 5th June 2016, 15:11   #82
BHPian

Sir any tips to be followed during the run in period. Also please guide on how to not keep the car at constant speeds on highways during the run in.
Old 7th June 2016, 11:50   #83
BHPian

Does anyone know why the clock on the infotainment screen keep giving incorrect time.
Also have you been able to adjust and set the automatic central lock/unlock
Old 7th June 2016, 11:54   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Sir any tips to be followed during the run in period. Also please guide on how to not keep the car at constant speeds on highways during the run in.
Keep it under 2000 rpm.
Do NOT maintain constant speed. It is important that the speed varies for the to fall in place
Try not to cross max 80kmph
No hard braking
Avoid heavy load as much as possible
Always best to do the run in on a good road (highway) so advisable to take a road trip to cover as much of the first 1000km.
Allow your vehicle run on all gears and not just 4 and 5, if going on highway
Good luck and happy mile munching
Old 7th June 2016, 12:32   #85
BHPian

This is a great review + diary Puneet. I remember buying Ciaz at almost the same time as yours.

Whenever I check your log, I see that you are either planning a trip to HP or have just returned with some great snaps.

I am vicariously enjoying your travelogues. Every time I see you pictures, it always reminds me of the trips that I have taken with my car.

Please let us know the outcome of your Himachal cross country as I am also planning a really long trip with my family some time later.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 14:44   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
Keep it under 2000 rpm.
Do NOT maintain constant speed. It is important that the speed varies for the to fall in place
Try not to cross max 80kmph
No hard braking
Always best to do the run in on a good road (highway) so advisable to take a road trip to cover as much of the first 1000km.
Allow your vehicle run on all gears and not just 4 and 5, if going on highway
Good luck and happy mile munching
Thanks. Will follow these tips.
Old 7th June 2016, 16:29   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Keep it under 2000 rpm.
Do NOT maintain constant speed.
Try not to cross max 80
Always best to do the run in on a good road
Easy method which I followed ... leave the city by 9am or so, not when roads are completely empty. With traffic on the riad, youll automatically play aroind with all gears at various rpm's!

I was full with luggage and 4 adults in my first trip..

Prefer Rajasthan, Punjab side highways than UP...much much better condition.

The way I followed this run-in during highway trip was to increase the speed to 90, leave throttle, SHVS would lit up till speed drops to approx 70, increase speed again and so on. Looks like it is tiring, but when you get the hang of it, youll on your own leave gas as soon as you see traffic ahead ...
Old 7th June 2016, 16:32   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know why the clock on the infotainment screen keep giving incorrect time.
Also have you been able to adjust and set the automatic central lock/unlock
Ill get the clock checked coming saturday when I am scheduled to get my third service done. I thought that its just me, but yes, the clock has a mind of its own. Have tried resetting it couple of times already...

EDIT >> Just changed the settings again, and this time it seems to have worked. Try this >
On Main screen > Settings > Clock > Change the Mode from Manual to GPS > Adjust the time zone to India Zone (+5.30). Go back the screens.

Turned OFF, and turned ON couple of times, this time the clock is set for now. I'll monitor it for a week...

Whats with central lock adjustment ?

Last edited by ptaneja : 7th June 2016 at 16:41.
Old 7th June 2016, 17:13   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
This is a great review + diary Puneet. I remember buying Ciaz at almost the same time as yours.

Whenever I check your log, I see that you are either planning a trip to HP or have just returned with some great snaps.

Please let us know the outcome of your Himachal cross country as I am also planning a really long trip with my family some time later.
Thanks Dude ! Yes, I do remember your dilemma in purchasing !

Multiple reasons to choose HP - better climate, best highways in vicinity to Delhi, relatives living by etc etc

I will surely pass on the Dalhousie trip info as soon as I complete it.

For now, have just completed a short run to Shimla - didnt bother taking many snaps as its the same old route. Though, this time, for a change, I had to go all the way till Shimla with AC ON - this has happened for the first time ever.
Lots and Lots of trees have been cut on the way - all on the name of road widening, making it 4 lanes and development. So much construction is going on right from start to about Solan, that it has severely impacted the eco-culture of the area.
Another major change en-route, I was not able to locate a single monkey(yea, singular - not group!) on the way! When you see hundreds and hundreds of trees by the side of road neatly cut, and laid down on top of each other, you wonder where the hell is world leading to. And to make matters worse, all this is being done on a stretch that could have served for another 7/10yrs without any road widening. Politicians and decision makers

Return journey was much quicker - rained all the way till plains. Temperature up above was around 12/14 deg!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00362.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00388.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00390.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00470.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00477.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00507.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00508.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00509.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 10:11   #90
BHPian

Mileage Update on above trip -

Got the car filled up again - Tank Full to Tank Full mileage stands at 24.89km/ltr
Above is with 80% AC usage.

7 months with Ciaz , 10500 kms done - price of diesel increased by around 10rs/ltr in these 7 months. Was 44.xx something, and today it was 54.xx something. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks