Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 22:22   #121
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Here is the first snap for another Glistening Grey member in my garage(will be replacing Swift, who would complete glorious 10 years this October) - I just love this color

This is ZXI Optional variant - AMT.

Will try few more pictures ...and as a side-note, AMT is just tooooo easy to drive

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-c.jpg
Old 20th August 2016, 18:18   #122
BHPian

Finished off another highway run, 510 kms NCR > Jaipur > NCR run.

On returning did a refill again, and the total cost came out to be 960rs, translating to 19.06ltrs. Mileage comes up as 27km/ltr. (50.36/ltr)

Awesome mileage, considering 4 adults+1 kid, boot full of luggage , about 70% of kms was with AC running, and the speed was between 80 to 100 on average (few stretches did opened it up to 140 max - I am not advocating these speed limits, the road was empty, and it was for a few seconds only)

No photographs as such, just a couple of them.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01699.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01701.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01708.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 21:58   #123
BHPian

Update:

Ciaz has finally crossed 15000 kms in 10 months - absolutely flawless performance so far. No issues yet, no squeaks from cabin, excellent mileage figures - just in love with this car.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

PS - have ordered the following dashcam from AliExpress - would update as and when I receive it. With 32GB memory card and with discount coupon applied, it costed me around 1600rs.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 21:37   #124
BHPian

For those following the thread, I got the car coat treated with Waxoyl 100 Plus Sealent - been almost one year since it was done.

Since the above product came with one year warranty, I called in the guys again for a refresher check/correction/touch-up. They did the whole process again, washing, cleaning, claying, polishing with applicator, and finally applying a thin layer of 100 Plus Sealant. End result being, shiny and smooth car - hope it would stay there for next couple of months. Post that, it would be Meguiars Next Tech Wax

Forgot to take snaps, just few finishing off snaps.

Old 17th September 2016, 10:40   #125
BHPian

Hi, Excellent ownership review. Since you moved from the SX4 to the Ciaz, I wanted to know how is the seating position of the Ciaz as compared to the SX4. Is the front driver and passenger seat as high as the SX4(The SX4 was praised for its easy ingress/egress)? I am also planning to upgrade from the SX4 and need a car with a seating position as high as that.
Old 17th September 2016, 12:46   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
Hi, Excellent ownership review. Since you moved from the SX4 to the Ciaz, I wanted to know how is the seating position of the Ciaz as compared to the SX4. Is the front driver and passenger seat as high as the SX4(The SX4 was praised for its easy ingress/egress)? I am also planning to upgrade from the SX4 and need a car with a seating position as high as that.
In this regard, SX4 was better. You can bring up the height of seat in Ciaz too(drivers side only, or have a layer of foam before putting up seat covers), but it leaves very less head room. For SX4, high seating position along with a more taller stance (than Ciaz) was a plus point.

On the other hand, comfort wise, Ciaz seats are better. For rear passengers, I have received no complaint so far, so assuming more or less similar to SX4..
Old 20th September 2016, 12:48   #127

+ptaneja: Thanks for the excellent and detailed review and ownership experience. Based on your review, going through all of your experiences and looking at the technical specifications, I referred the same vehicle to my brother in law who's got his Ciaz ZXI+ variant recently (His running is less, so I recommended the petrol version).

A great thread indeed.

I am working in manufacturing quality with Eicher motors and in agreement to you I have to say from a technical standpoint, this vehicle has it all for the price, a total value for money package suited to the needs of the middle class Indian and providing luxurious family comfort with all the essential advanced features covered.

Speaking of your new purchase, I myself have owned a Celerio ZXI Opt Variant [MANUAL] since March '15 and have done about 25000 Kms, and it's been a wonderful companion in the growing city of Jaipur. If you have any questions, let me know.

Attaching a couple of pictures of my Silky Silver Amigo.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-side.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-front.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 20th September 2016 at 12:59. Reason: deleted extra smileys.
Old 21st September 2016, 22:39   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartikey50 View Post
+ptaneja: Thanks for the excellent and detailed review and ownership experience.

A great thread indeed.

Speaking of your new purchase, I myself have owned a Celerio ZXI Opt Variant [MANUAL] since March '15 and have done about 25000 Kms, and it's been a wonderful companion in the growing city of Jaipur. If you have any questions, let me know.
Congrats for the first post, and for being a member of this community !
Thanks a lot Kartikey for the lovely feedback - good to know that efforts I have put in have helped someone take a wise decision(second most important/critical/costly decision an India makes in terms of purchase - first being his house!!).

Nice choice of color for Celerio - Silky SIlver - reminds me of my Swift Zxi which I sold off just yesterday (thinking of which, I'll have to update my Swiftie's thread too - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ationship.html )

Celerio is again a gem at its price point, though I have few grudges from Maruti in the way they have treated this AMT ZXI variant in terms of cost cutting/keeping the price down.

1. No Alloy wheels / Fog Lights - even in ZXI OPT variant !!
2. Security system is just name sake - it is infact just a central locking system rather than security system - all we can do is lock all 4 doors with remote in one go. Try opening your driver door after locking via key and see for yourself ...
3. How cheap can Maruti get - you get just ONE central locking key!! Second key is a normal key

All said and done, once I am back from office, I always prefer taking this small automatic companion for all the nearby errands !

And you rightly said, GROWING city of Jaipur. I have few relatives living in Jaipur, and in my last visit, I was totally amazed at the traffic, number of vehicles, and constant use of horns
Man, seriously speaking Jaipur takes the number from Delhi/NCR if you just consider noise pollution in major roads.

Enjoy your experience with Ciaz, let me know if you have any questions.
Old 21st September 2016, 23:06   #129
BHPian

Upcoming 900/1000 kms highway trip - this time this would be towards Rajasthan - towards desert sand dunes.

Dont have time to stretch it to Jaisalmer etc - so for simplicity sake, just one destination travel - Delhi to Bikaner. Scheduled visit will be in mid October - hope so the temp drops to acceptable limit by then.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-bik.jpg
Old 11th October 2016, 22:59   #130
BHPian

Yet another lovely trip completed - a visit to Bikaner, total drive of about 1150kms.

Total Kms Traveled - 1145kms

NCR > Bikaner = 550kms
Bikaner > NCR = 535kms
Intre City = 60kms

Total Diesel Cost = 43 Litres / 1145 = 26.62 approx.
(4 adults + 1kid + Boot completely full both ways)
( AC was on 80% of time)

Average Speed/Constant Speed = 110 to 120km/hr from Sikar to Bikaner
80 to 100km/hr from NCR to Shahpura

Max Speed Burst for few seconds = High Triple Digits - for the first time(and probably the last unless I go the same stretch again), only for a few seconds, the road was completely empty. Pretty planted drive, no major vibrations

Route Taken >
NCR > Bhiwadi > Neemrana > Kotputli > Shahpura > Sikar > Laxmangarh > Fatehpur > Ratangarh > Bikaner - approx 550kms
Toll on this route - 408rs

Bikaner > Ratangarh > Fatehpur > Laxmangarh > Sikar > Chomu > Jaipur HW > Shahpura > Kotputli > Bhiwadi > NCR - approx 535kms
Toll on this route - 439rs

Once you enter the Jaipur > Bikaner highway, its a pure blessing - no traffic whatsoever.

Few random pics !

On Delhi > Jaipur HW somewhere -
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01932.jpg

Sunrise on the way -
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01937.jpg

These are from the state highway stretch between Delhi-Jaipur HW to Jaipur-Bikaner.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01945.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01947.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01953.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01954.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01955.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01956.jpg

Once you cross Fatehpur, vegetation and foliage change!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01978.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc01985.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02307.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02308.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02312.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02313.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02315.jpg

Got to be careful of stray cows, sheeps crossing the empty roads !
This is the only kind of traffic jam you would experience !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02316.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02321.jpg

Random Pics

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02332.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02356.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02358.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02328.jpg

And finally, Relaxing at the hotel !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc02030.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 12th October 2016 at 00:05. Reason: Edited high speed mentions
Old 12th October 2016, 10:00   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
In this regard, SX4 was better. You can bring up the height of seat in Ciaz too(drivers side only, or have a layer of foam before putting up seat covers), but it leaves very less head room. For SX4, high seating position along with a more taller stance (than Ciaz) was a plus point.

On the other hand, comfort wise, Ciaz seats are better. For rear passengers, I have received no complaint so far, so assuming more or less similar to SX4..
Hello ptaneja,

Have you installed the Dash Cam? I'm planning to procure the same for my Sx4. Would appreciate some reviews and pics in case you have installed the dash camera.

Amit
Old 12th October 2016, 10:08   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hello ptaneja,

Have you installed the Dash Cam? I'm planning to procure the same for my Sx4. Would appreciate some reviews and pics in case you have installed the dash camera.

Amit
Yes Amit, dash cam is installed and working as expected. With 32GB card, a loop of 10min videos is created in multiple files.

The unit was purchased from AliExpress - costed me about 1500rs or so (along with 32GB micro SD card)

I did created a small 30 seconds video - (in sunshine, clarity is much better than this)

Check post# 1196 and #1197 from this >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...thread-80.html

As this was the first time using it, I wanted to go in cheap - else I'll keep an eye on the following link and will buy something better next time -

https://dashcamtalk.com/best-dash-cams-of-2016/
Old 17th October 2016, 14:10   #133
BHPian

So the vehicle has completed one year, which would mean renewing the insurance policy.

Have moved from National Insurance to Maruti Insurance.

As per Maruti Insurance, the process involved taking photo's of vehicle - in sunlight, not in covered underground car parking. From my known agent, the whole process took one day only.

NCB applicable this year - 45% ( 35% NCB was carried over from old car the first year )
IDV value was 20% (5% depreciation for first year + 15% depreciation for second year) less than Ex Showroom. ( about 8,20,000 )
Opted for "Zero Dep Policy " - difference was around 3.5K.

Premium came to around 16200 approx.
(Freebies include couple of vehicle Gel fresheners, couple of free car washes + wheel balancing and alignment )
Old 2nd November 2016, 07:27   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Congrats for the first post, and for being a member of this community !
Thanks a lot Kartikey for the lovely feedback - good to know that efforts I have put in have helped someone take a wise decision(second most important/critical/costly decision an India makes in terms of purchase - first being his house!!).

Nice choice of color for Celerio - Silky SIlver - reminds me of my Swift Zxi which I sold off just yesterday (thinking of which, I'll have to update my Swiftie's thread too - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ationship.html )

Celerio is again a gem at its price point, though I have few grudges from Maruti in the way they have treated this AMT ZXI variant in terms of cost cutting/keeping the price down.

1. No Alloy wheels / Fog Lights - even in ZXI OPT variant !!
2. Security system is just name sake - it is infact just a central locking system rather than security system - all we can do is lock all 4 doors with remote in one go. Try opening your driver door after locking via key and see for yourself ...
3. How cheap can Maruti get - you get just ONE central locking key!! Second key is a normal key

All said and done, once I am back from office, I always prefer taking this small automatic companion for all the nearby errands !

And you rightly said, GROWING city of Jaipur. I have few relatives living in Jaipur, and in my last visit, I was totally amazed at the traffic, number of vehicles, and constant use of horns
Man, seriously speaking Jaipur takes the number from Delhi/NCR if you just consider noise pollution in major roads.

Enjoy your experience with Ciaz, let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for your wonderful response man, and sorry I haven't been active here, but I was greeted with Chikengunya, and my wrists and ankles still do feel numb.

And as you would know, fortunately, with ZXI Opt manual version, all above mentioned three features are there. But I definitely agree on the cost-cutting trend that Maruti has showcased in so many of its products.

Currently I'm about leave on a two day golden triangle trip (Jpr-Delhi-Agra-Jaipur), and will update you on my experience (Taking the Celerio, not my brother in law's ciaz

By the way as you mentioned about the wise choice your post helped with, my brother in law is absolutely loving his new ZXI+ Ciaz. His eagerness for driving and going out has increased quite a bit.
Old 6th November 2016, 19:11   #135
BHPian

I was reading about getting the under body painted to avoid rust, some against it, some for it - some just for the sake of "preventive" step, so finally got time and visited 3M store.

2 options are available -

- 2 Year Warranty - density of coat applied is less, its less thick visibly as well . Cost about 2200/- including tax.

- 5 Year Warranty - more thicker than above, coating will be double as per them. Warranty for 5 year, visit and check and every 6 months for touch-ups if needed. Cost was 3990/- including tax.

No discount was available, but they did added foam wash to please

I opted for second option, with 5 year warranty.

Steps included were >

Under body Washing
Cleaning thoroughly
Applying a layer of coat, letting it dry
Applying a second layer

It was quick enough to dry , car was drivable in 5mins after spraying.

On the whole, I think it was a good choice, considering the rust I saw in my Swift after 10years of use/wash/environmental factors. I did notice small amount of rust on the under body of Ciaz as well, where it might have scraped a speed breaker.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-rusting.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12.jpg

Final Outcome > >

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-final.jpg

Last edited by ptaneja : 6th November 2016 at 19:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks