Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2016, 09:30   #136
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Hi all,

Need some help in finding the thread where the solution to the following problem was explained. I remember reading it but cannot find it now. Getting old i guess.

Whenever my car crosses a speed breaker, it makes a clank sound. The more the speed, the louder is the noise.

I remember someone faced a similar situation and got it fixed. The post has explanations and pictures which I intend to refer to.

TIA.
Old 23rd November 2016, 14:37   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Hi all,

Need some help in finding the thread where the solution to the following problem was explained. I remember reading it but cannot find it now. Getting old i guess.

Whenever my car crosses a speed breaker, it makes a clank sound. The more the speed, the louder is the noise.

I remember someone faced a similar situation and got it fixed. The post has explanations and pictures which I intend to refer to.

TIA.
See if this helps >
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-123.html

Post#1842
Old 25th November 2016, 10:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Thanks for the post. I searched through most of the pages in the thread but could not locate the exact page where the explanation along with the pictures are present.

Taneja ji - would you remember the page as i believe it was your post?

Would be a great help !
Old 25th November 2016, 11:56   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the post. I searched through most of the pages in the thread but could not locate the exact page where the explanation along with the pictures are present.

Taneja ji - would you remember the page as i believe it was your post?

Would be a great help !
Two separate issues here - one was in my car, where I used to hear clank-clank noise whenever I went over a speed-breaker. Details of this are in page 7 on this thread - post #92.

Second was the one I posted above.

Not sure if someone else has also reported anything.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 19:47   #140
BHPian

Update:

Used Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer couple of weeks back, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the beading effect still visible - not on hood, but pretty much visible on all 4 doors - this is after the fact that the car is being cleaned by the monthly cleaner guy everyday. Applied a quote of Sonax again yesterday, and the shine is amazing. Since it's a spray, damn easy to apply and remove.

Car has completed about 18500 kms or so, mileage within city is around 21/22 km/ltr.

Dashboard was making an irritating noise from the middle section, but by hit and try, when I pushed the dashboard from speedometer console side, the noise has stopped for now. Don't know what changed except a good shove I made above, but the noise is no longer there

But, since this is a Maruti, and squeaks are an inherent part of its DNA, a fresh irritating noise has started from driver side pillar. Will see if some shoving, slapping or kicking it will make wonder, or will get it checked at 20K kms. Got to live with it for now ..

Anyone has tried sound dampening / adding yoga mats in Ciaz doors ? I have seen people try it on Swifit's, but anyone with Ciaz experience ?!

Amazing shine after Sonax cover :

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg
Old 8th December 2016, 09:38   #141
BHPian

Good update ... How much more to go for the 20K?
Old 8th December 2016, 09:56   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Good update ... How much more to go for the 20K?
About 1400 kms more.

Will be going for a trip - to view "expected" snow-fall by Dec end - Jan starting, a trip of about 1000kms - on my return will get it serviced. Still looking for best option available in terms of servicing, and majorly fixing my dashboard noises .

Will have to choose from below -
Pasco
Apra <> Prem Motors
Competent
Old 21st December 2016, 15:02   #143
BHPian

Update :
18900kms on the ODO
Diesel price increases from 44/ltr when I bought the car to 56rs/ltr!
Mileage stays at around 22/21 km/ltr - stopped taking a note of it - as I have to fill it up once a month if I dont do any highway drives.

And with chilly new year approaching, another trip to hills planned.

This time it would be to offbeat places majorly.

Gurgaon > Panipat > Kurukshetra > Dera Bassi > Mahendra Chowdhary Zoologinal Park > Zirakpur > Panchkula > Pinjore > Solan

Couple of days stays in Solan, then onto Chail for 2 more days.

From Chail > Chail Sanctuary > Kufri

Then would be some off the tracks driving near Kufri to remote villages !

Hope to complete 20,000kms when I am back > and would be hitting the service center on my return.

Prominent issues which I would be addressing on my service >

1. Noise from right side A pillar.

2. Noise from dashboard -central section.

I would have to finalize one service centre - even if it is a little far off, who can patiently analyse and fix this rattling, and do not give me a standard reply "Maruti sir - its normal! "

Any suggestions are welcome
Old 7th January 2017, 14:16   #144
BHPian

Another snowy trip completed.

Heavy fog at the time of leaving Delhi/NCR, had to stop at Murthal to kill some time and have a glass of tea.

By the time we left Murthal, sky was pretty much clear - but devoid of any sunshine.

Car was completely covered in snow early morning - but forgot to take a snap - had an opportunity later that night.

Just some random pics in and around Delhi NCR > Solan > Shoghi > Shimla > Kufri

Odometer reading at the time of leaving - 19170 kms
On our return, the reading stands at - 20085 kms

Total Trip kms - 915kms

Have not filled the tank up yet, but I am assuming about 2200rs of diesel would be used - translating to about 25 km/ltr or so mileage.
(Heavy traffic jam for couple of hours on entering Delhi, steep inclines, speed ranging from average 90km/hr to 120km/hr max on few occasions )

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1b.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-13.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-14.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 15:34   #145
BHPian

Update :

4th Paid servicing done.

This time got it serviced from a known Maruti Auth Service center - not from any authorized center run by car dealers.

MASS Name - Qutab Automobiles
I would rate this center 8 out of 10 - the only negative being, access is via some tight residential roads, and another being of very basic waiting area - which would mean plastic chairs rather than leather stairs. The positive point which balances out all these small issues is the fact that you can stand with the car, be with mechanic, point out small nagging doubts - and stop him doing what shouldn't be done.
I would definitely recommend it to people from NCR/Gurgaon area.
ODO stands at 20,200 kms.

Tasks Carried Out -
Engine Oil Replaced - Upgraded from mineral oil to Emi-Synthetic 5w40 Mobil oil. This would remain the engine oil for next 20K run, and then on to fully synthetic.

Coolent Replacement.
Brake Fluid Replacement
Brake Pads cleaned.
Wheel Rotation - did not went ahead with balancing and alignment.
Air Filter
Oil Filter

Got a cool 18% discount on labour charges.

Total bill came out to be under 6K.

With this total, I am pretty much satisfied with diesel,and its so called higher maintenance cost.

Just some misc snaps.

Attachment 1597508

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4b.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8b.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20170121-11.38.38.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

Last edited by ptaneja : 21st January 2017 at 15:38.
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 17:52   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update :

4th Paid servicing done.

This time got it serviced from a known Maruti Auth Service center - not from any authorized center run by car dealers.
I also prefer to get my car serviced by MASC(and not the dealer workshops) for reasons given below:-

1. You can look at small details by being present when your car is being attended.
2. Such workshops usually have fixed salaries for SA's, and not incentives based, which means no inflating the bill.
3. Labour charge is usually lesser.
4. Usually, they aren't that hi-tech in terms of equipment. This is a boon because a machine in hands of fools can be catastrophic. I still love the old school ways of tightening the bolts, rather than using a screw gun. I am not saying that screw gun is inferior in any way, but if the operator isn't using it correctly, they can ruin the threads in no time.
5. They won't call you twice or thrice a year for checkups, half service, full service etc.

The creature comforts like AC or leather sofas don't really matter to us enthusiasts.

Earlier, I used to avail the services of our city dealer M/s Premsons Motor, and I have been billed for small things which my MASS(a non dealer workshop) does it for free everytime my car goes into the workshop. Some
of those things include
-Hooking up SDT
-Testing the battery(dealer workshop charged me 300 bucks for a simple battery testing)
-Dealer workshop charges separate labour for things like brake cleaning etc, whereas my MASS does them in the labour for paid service.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 18:56   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I also prefer to get my car serviced by MASC(and not the dealer workshops) for reasons given below:-

The creature comforts like AC or leather sofas don't really matter to us enthusiasts.

I have been billed for small things which my MASS(a non dealer workshop) does it for free everytime my car goes into the workshop.
So True !

That's the reason I was desperately looking for a center which is Authorized and recognized by Maruti as well. There is a garage close to my home, he also uses genuine maruti spares, but his name is not present in Maruti's List. Finally, found a rather good MASC by reviews, called Maruti and they also confirmed that warranty would not be affected - pretty satisfied.

I also got multiple things attended free of cost - for which I would have seen extra sub headings under labor charges. Getting couple of missing plastic nuts in wheel arches, brake pad cleaning(both front and rear), got all 4 tyres rotated, tested the battery, and for the first time saw someone taking out spare wheel, getting it's tyre pressure checked, and then cleaning the tyre slot with high pressure air gun.

With the above approach towards getting the car taken care of, I really dont mind spending 3 hours !
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 19:09   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So True !

That's the reason I was desperately looking for a center which is Authorized and recognized by Maruti as well. There is a garage close to my home, he also uses genuine maruti spares, but his name is not present in Maruti's List. Finally, found a rather good MASC by reviews, called Maruti and they also confirmed that warranty would not be affected - pretty satisfied.
Your observations are spot on. Just one correction, any authorised MASS has to have its name displayed on the Maruti webpage, else it isn't authorised.

Just checked on Maruti page, your MASS is listed You need to select "Maruti authorised service station", and not just service station on top right to view them. If you select just "Service station", then it'll show you only dealer workshops and MSMs.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-capture.jpg

Link

Regards,
Shashi

EDIT:- I must also add the differences between these MASS and dealer workshops.

1. MASS can never pass any warranty claim.
2. MASS order spares through MGP retail outlets, whereas dealer workshops can directly place an order with MSIL.
3. MASS can't do some specific jobs like RFID replacement, key replacement and programming, etc.
4. These MASS usually aren't a part of the centralised database of MSIL. So you need to keep their bill incase of any claims.
5. These MASS cannot service or handle NEXA cars. This is the biggest disadvantage IMO. Their system won't open a jobcard for these cars.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 24th January 2017 at 19:20.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 01:09   #149
BHPian

Just trying to revive the thread.

Nothing extra-ordinary happened in last month or two. No major trips - rather I was sick, so kind of very less drive - about 1000 odd kms or so.

Mileage on last tank full is again about 24.5 or around.

A random snap from last trip to Rajasthan.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-ss.png

Off Topic : Noticed today only that this ownership review have crossed 1.3 Lacs views!! Amazing - I wasn't aware and keeping an eye on it. Good to know if its helping someone finalize this vehicle !

Last edited by ptaneja : 18th March 2017 at 01:10.
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 20:57   #150
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2017 at 09:29.
SDee is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks