Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2017, 19:49   #181
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Could you please share which App you are using to track the car expenses in the screenshots above?
Search by the name of "Fuel Buddy" in playstore.
Old 17th November 2017, 17:46   #182
BHPian

Was experiencing noise from front section of car whenever it was being driven on uneven road - noise was something like tuk-tuk minor noise audible when AC/Stereo is OFF.

On getting it checked at MASS it was a damaged caliper pin assembly, which was replaced. Total damage was around 1200rs.

1100 more kms to go before 30k servicing is due.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img_20171117_131003_1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img_20171117_131024_1.jpg
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:30   #183
BHPian

Hi ptaneja,

I also have a Ciaz ZDi+ and I am experiencing wobbling in the rear tyres at speeds between 80-90 km/hr and then again between 120-130 km/hr. The problem goes away as soon as I cross 90 but returns at the speed of 120 and again goes away after crossing 130km/hr.

Have you/are you experiencing the same problem or am I the only one experiencing this??
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:54   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kush812 View Post
Hi ptaneja,

I also have a Ciaz ZDi+ and I am experiencing wobbling in the rear tyres at speeds between 80-90 km/hr and then again between 120-130 km/hr. The problem goes away as soon as I cross 90 but returns at the speed of 120 and again goes away after crossing 130km/hr.

Have you/are you experiencing the same problem or am I the only one experiencing this??
I am not facing it ...super stable at whatever speed.
Maybe you have tried this, but I can think of following -
1. Have you gone through a large speed-breaker, or a bump ? Tyre Balancing is the best bet. Along with it get the rims checked for any uneven wear and dent/bend.
2. Balancing and rotation
3. Get the suspension checked
4. Along with wobbling, steering also vibrates/shakes ? Then maybe steering setup needs inspection ? If the steering wheel shakes only when cornering and never while driving straight, it’s the tie rod ends.
5. As I did, get the caliper pins replaced of break assembly.

You would have to take time out and visit service centre - with a knowledgeable technician he should be able to figure this out.
Old 23rd November 2017, 20:38   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi ptaneja,

Rear wheels are out of balance/alloys bent is what I feel is the problem.

Does the floor board below your legs vibrate at those speeds?
Old 24th November 2017, 20:12   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I am not facing it ...super stable at whatever speed.
Maybe you have tried this, but I can think of following -
1. Have you gone through a large speed-breaker, or a bump ? Tyre Balancing is the best bet. Along with it get the rims checked for any uneven wear and dent/bend.
2. Balancing and rotation
3. Get the suspension checked
4. Along with wobbling, steering also vibrates/shakes ? Then maybe steering setup needs inspection ? If the steering wheel shakes only when cornering and never while driving straight, it’s the tie rod ends.
5. As I did, get the caliper pins replaced of break assembly.

You would have to take time out and visit service centre - with a knowledgeable technician he should be able to figure this out.
Thanks a lot for your inputs.
I have tried balancing and alignment and have got the suspension checked. Also, the steering wheel remains stable at whatever speed and does not vibrate while cornering or driving straight.
I guess my best bet now is to get the alloys checked for any uneven bend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Rear wheels are out of balance/alloys bent is what I feel is the problem.

Does the floor board below your legs vibrate at those speeds?
Now, I also feel that the rear alloys are damaged because there is no vibration from any other part of the car be it the floorboard or the steering wheel at any speeds.
Old 4th December 2017, 11:18   #187
BHPian

o Wow i have been meaning to do this on my ZDi+ Can u pls provide the details of where you got the update files and how your updated it.

Many many thanks.

Quote:
Hey !
Was kind of busy so couldn't see and respond back.
I have not yet reached 30K mark, so would be great if you can share servicing details if you did it.

Update : :

Well, no issues so far. Car is running great, no problem encountered.

Odometer stands at 26000+
And Mileage is a constant 21-23 km/ltr in city driving conditions with 100% AC.

Also, updated the HU Firmware to 1740 Beta, and with it now Android Auto works perfectly. The biggest advantage being the google maps is a delight on HU screen.

More details on how to do it, or steps are there on one of the forums here.

Attachment 1668149

Attachment 1668150

Attachment 1668151

Attachment 1668152

Attachment 1668153
Old 4th December 2017, 16:53   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Hey ! Were you finally able to pin point the exact source ? Fixed and working fine now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
o Wow i have been meaning to do this on my ZDi+ Can u pls provide the details of where you got the update files and how your updated it.
Many many thanks.
All the instructions, and downloadable files were available on this link -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...nt-system.html
Old 4th December 2017, 17:58   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Hey ! Were you finally able to pin point the exact source ? Fixed and working fine now ?
Actually no, have been a bit busy these past 2-3 weeks and really haven't got time to get that checked. Also, I have been driving generally in the city only for the past month or so and you know Delhi's traffic doesn't allow you to go beyond 80 km/hr so the problem hasn't been a major irritant. But will get the problem fixed within a couple of weeks and I am pretty sure I will have to get the alloys fixed.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th December 2017 at 18:01. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 7th December 2017, 17:42   #190
BHPian

Quote:

All the instructions, and downloadable files were available on this link -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...nt-system.html

Thanks. I successfully managed to install Android Auto in my car. Although getting Google to under voice commands is rather difficult.
Thanks all the same.
Old 7th December 2017, 18:58   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Was experiencing noise from front section of car whenever it was being driven on uneven road - noise was something like tuk-tuk minor noise audible when AC/Stereo is OFF.

On getting it checked at MASS it was a damaged caliper pin assembly, which was replaced. Total damage was around 1200rs.
The symptom that you described usually requires only greasing of the pins. Did you actually get to see the damaged pins? If not, then high possibility that dealership over reacted.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:24   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
The symptom that you described usually requires only greasing of the pins. Did you actually get to see the damaged pins? If not, then high possibility that dealership over reacted.
Oh yes, I did saw the pins, they were all greasy. So we had two options, either grease them again, put on the tires, test drive, and follow the same cycle again if it doesnt solve it. With MASS this would have meant about 1.5 hours atleast, and I was sure not willing to spend time. Had I gone to my known garage, it would have been probably cheaper. But well, no choice till I exhaust my 4 years of warranty and then move on to my known garage.
Old 8th December 2017, 17:49   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh yes, I did saw the pins, they were all greasy. So we had two options, either grease them again, put on the tires, test drive, and follow the same cycle again if it doesnt solve it. With MASS this would have meant about 1.5 hours atleast, and I was sure not willing to spend time. Had I gone to my known garage, it would have been probably cheaper. But well, no choice till I exhaust my 4 years of warranty and then move on to my known garage.
Caliper Pin Noise is one of the most common issues in almost all cars from Maruti Suzuki. In fact, it is an unlisted feature.

Regular greasing will keep the noise at bay. That is the only solution.

The other option is to change the pins every 20-30K kms as a pair costs 4XX for both sides. The Labor is usually covered as part of "caliper pin greasing" that they always include.

Visibly, it is way too difficult to assess if pins are damaged. A more than usual play in the caliper assembly is actually the first hint that the pins have worn out.

To arrest this noise for a longer duration, there are a lot of jugaads and the most common is cutting the aluminium can of a beverage and wrapping it around the pin and then installing the pin after greasing inside the calipers. However, over a period of time, this also fails and noise would be back again.

Second jugaad is something I personally would not suggest from my own experience - Caliper Pin Brass welding where the pin diameter is increased by a very small margin by welding metal over it and then giving the final finish through a lathe machine.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-15-caliper-pin-5.jpg

This will permanently arrest the caliper pin noise as it happened with me too but I also realised that a tightly coupled Pin and Caliper will reduce the bare minimum play required for the caliper resulting in caliper jamming.

So please avoid that as I say this from my own experience and always get the pins greased or replaced regularly since its hardy any cost.

The jugaad works but is not 100% perfect for 100% of the cars 100% of the times. So you know the probability of this failing.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:29   #194
BHPian

^ Sometimes jagaad is helpful for sure, but messing with caliper like that can be dangerous, thats why good quality caliper grease (also known as high temp grease) is the only solution. By design, the caliper pins are supposed to remain loose, the sound and vibrations are absorbed by the grease.

Local shops including MASS are sometimes known to use regular grease instead of caliper grease. When caliper get very hot it burns the regular grease leaving the pin dry with hard carbon deposits. Driving in water can also wash away caliper grease.
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 20:55   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
^ Sometimes jagaad is helpful for sure, but messing with caliper like that can be dangerous, thats why good quality caliper grease (also known as high temp grease) is the only solution. By design, the caliper pins are supposed to remain loose, the sound and vibrations are absorbed by the grease.

Local shops including MASS are sometimes known to use regular grease instead of caliper grease. When caliper get very hot it burns the regular grease leaving the pin dry with hard carbon deposits. Driving in water can also wash away caliper grease.
I stay with my car for every service, well almost and I know the "caliper grease" used that I am also charged. Quite an interesting color that is in a shampoo like sachet.

Even with all this, I have shared the latest experience only because I have been very particular and finicky with the trivial issue which I was facing, updated in the ownership thread.

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th December 2017 at 21:11.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks