Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2018, 00:55   #211

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Hello, wondering if I can buy from own consumables (like Engine Oil, filters etc) from outside and get my Ciaz serviced from MASS or dealer workshop? Is this allowed? Will this have an impact on my warranty?
Dealer workshops may not allow any outside consumables like oil, filters etc. as the same need to be updated in the vehicle management portal for service tracking information. While some of the MASS may allow, depends on your relations with them.

Warranty cases are rejected majorly due to cuts in original harness, made for aftermarket horns, lights etc. So stay away from non-OE accessories, because even if you use OE recommended consumables, still a single cut in wiring harness could void the warranty.

Coming back to the topic, stick to OEM recommendations during warranty period for oils, filters etc. Post warranty period you could choose even better options.

Regards,
Sourabh
Sanzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 07:38   #212
BHPian

Again the same noise from front Calipers - which was identified and corrected by replacing the caliper pin at around 28K kms mark. Its not even 5K kms that it had resurfaced again.

Took it to a local garage, and he advised me to get it verified and maybe replace the whole Caliper Metal block via warranty.

Had to take it to Authorized service center - first question service advisor had was - "why isn't servicing done here ? " Had to show bills and convince them that regular servicing is being done via MASS..

Next question was , "its 35K kms, and brake pads have not been replaced even once - why" ... had to drill him down to his skull that pads are not worn out.

Finally, had to get in touch with Works Manager, and then it took some sense. Brake pads were opened, he confirmed that they don't need replacement. As this time I was very adamant, that either replace the block, or even if you are replacing the pin, I wont pay for it.

They matched the numbers on brake pads with new pads to check if I had replaced them from outside. They they matched it with brake pads taken out from another Ciaz getting serviced.

Finally, they replaced caliper pin, assuring me that this product is different than the normal one's used before, and we will give it a try. If it fails again in next 4k/5k kms, then we will see what can be done. No charges paid this time.

So, even though I have been avoiding this Authorized service center since a very long time, but this time the effort they put in was commendable. Works manager himself was ruining his hands on grease, brake pads and brake fluid. Will see how this holds, as next servicing is due in about 5k kms.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2018, 11:54   #213
BHPian

Dada, how about the engine sound? I feel that the sound has increased over the period of time. your views?
Old 5th June 2018, 14:07   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Dada, how about the engine sound? I feel that the sound has increased over the period of time. your views?
Yes for sure ! It's diesel - so I was expecting it. But it kind of improves after servicing , or after engine oil change. It has not turned into older generation Indica's; but considering the noise it made earlier , it has increased.

Don't know if there is any solution. Any dampening / insulator etc which can be used ?
Old 28th June 2018, 20:46   #215
BHPian

June, and to escape the summer of plains, decided to visit the Land of Gods!
This time it was to the land of serenity – to the land of temples, to peace and quiet!
We headed to a secluded offbeat destination called “Chindi”
Route Taken was -

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-route.jpg

Chindi is a small sleepy village about 100kms from Shimla – on the Shimla – Mandi route. Not being on a tourist map, it’s very quiet and peaceful place. From Gurgaon, its about 500kms, and would easily take you 12 hours – or lets stay 2.5/3 hours from Shimla.
It was standard normal driving till Shimla. And less said the better for crossing Shimla – full of traffic, rush hour jams and what not.
After crossing Shimla, you would have to take Shimla > Naldhera > Chindi > Karsog route.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Once you cross Naldhera, the traffic would reduce by 90/95% - road was freshly made, and was as smooth as it can be. You would be going down the mountain with every twist and turn, and the next major town at the bottom is Tattapani (which has hot water spring) – the river you would be seeing next to you is Sutlej.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

After this it’s all deserted roads, forest and valleys. You would hardly see 20 cars crossing you throughout the journey.
Just before Chindi, the first place to stay is PWD rest house. Our booking was done beforehand in HPTDC Mamleshwar which is after PWD rest house . Actual village of Chindi is few mtrs away from this hotel.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-13.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-14.jpg

Sunset - clear, cold and without any pollution. Saw clear blue sky with stars after a very long time.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-15.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-16.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-17.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-18.jpg

First temple – Chindi Mata Mandir – excellent wood work. Open only from 7am to 9am.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-31.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-32.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-33.jpg

On the way from Hotel/Chindi to to Karsog – excellent views all around.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-21.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-22.jpg

Second Temple is in Karsog called Mamleshwar Mahadev Temple. Karsog Market(about 15kms from our hotel/Chindi) is TOO congested and with very narrow roads. Plan it in a way that you visit this early morning before shops open, or on Sunday. As per legend, this temple was build by Pandavas during Agyat Vaas. This temple also houses a single grain of wheat weighing around 200gms (dating back to Mahabharta era) – you would have to speak to Pujari there to show it to you.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-23.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-24.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-25.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-26.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-27.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-28.jpg

Third Temple is Kamaksha Devi Temple – this is almost at the valley floor. Unfortunately no snaps for this, as we forgot the phone in the car. All throughout the route – from Chindi to here, the ground is full of Apple Orchards.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-30.jpg

There are many more temples if you want to search around
Or you may just do nothing and laze around, take walks, and suck in as much as fresh air you can !
Old 24th July 2018, 22:25   #216
BHPian

Got rid of niggling issue which has been disturbing me since 12000 odd kms.

The noise from front calipers started again, and since it was promised last time that it would not repeat ( last time being just 3K kms before ) , I shot an email with all details to Maruti. 3 caliper pin replacements in 12000kms ?!

With above escalation, I was synced up with Nexa Service head of Quality, and we scheduled to get this checked.

Visited the service center, and I was VERY pleased with the layout. Nice plush sofa's , service advisers with tablets, centrally AC, even ventilation and coolers were adequate in much needed service areas, CCD machines for coffee, free mineral water bottles and juice etc. Additionally, a large glass partition separating the waiting area with that of service center for easy viewing/monitoring. All in all, if someone is willing to go with worldly luxury at an expense of about 7% extra service charges, then not a bad deal. Imagine clean and clear tiled service floor area - no grease marks, no oil, no dirt and dust !!

So a test drive was done, and it was decided that whole assembly would be changed - free of cost, and under warranty.

Total bill came out between 8500 to 9000, but I had to pay nothing.

ODO now stands at 38000 kms mark - 2000 more kms before 40K servicing, and I am sure tempted this time for Nexa vis a vis MASS !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 14:00   #217
BHPian

Guys, its about time I renew the insurance for the car - old one would expire on second week of October.

Been comparing various options, and If I specifically compare Maruti Insurance with that of Reliance Insurance -

there is a difference of about 5000rs between them using the same IDV, same benefits, same deductibles etc.

Any feedback regarding Reliance Insurance ?
Old 16th September 2018, 18:49   #218
BHPian

I will prefer Maruti Insurance. I made a mistake last time and have for it once since then. The factor of comparison is in the swiftness of service.
Old 16th September 2018, 19:38   #219
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanzen View Post
Dealer workshops may not allow any outside consumables like oil, filters etc. as the same need to be updated in the vehicle management portal for service tracking information. While some of the MASS may allow, depends on your relations with them.
Sourabh
I know this post is old but I managed to get them use my own engine oil for my S cross. I first emailed Nexa customer care saying that I'm not satisfied with the Castrol oil that my regular MASS uses. After the email and a couple of follow ups they reverted with the number & email of the territory service manager (TSM). I called him and he was very cooperative, he called the works manager at the MASS and instructed him to let me use my own oil.
Old 17th September 2018, 02:26   #220
BHPian

Reliance Insurance is pretty good just make sure your workshop has a cashless tie-up with them. They offer video survey option to most of the authorised workshop for assessment of motor claims making the process quicker.
Old 21st September 2018, 22:40   #221
BHPian

Well, Reliance Insurance denied giving an online claim because of 50% NCB for a 2015 model car - and asked for a visit to their office.

With reliance out of the picture, inquired further, and got the following quotes -

IDV Value - 6,40,000 ( 7,11,000 was last year's )
NCB - 50%
Zero Dep Enabled.

Future Generali - 9880/-
United India - 10111/-
Oriental - 10354/-
Tata AIG - 14689/-
Bharti AXA - 14399/-
Iffco Tokio - 14700/-
HDFC Ergo - 17683/-

In the end went for Iffco Tokia, Zero Dep + Road Side Assistance - increased the IDV by 10K to 6.50L.
Premium came out to be 15050/-

This would be the last premium I am paying with Zero Dep - from next renewal on wards it would be less than 10K with comprehensive insurance.

ODO has touched 39,000 kms mark - 1000 more kms to go before 40K servicing - and with no out of station trips scheduled, this would take at least a month or so.
Old 24th September 2018, 13:52   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I know this post is old but I managed to get them use my own engine oil for my S cross. I first emailed Nexa customer care saying that I'm not satisfied with the Castrol oil that my regular MASS uses. After the email and a couple of follow ups they reverted with the number & email of the territory service manager (TSM). I called him and he was very cooperative, he called the works manager at the MASS and instructed him to let me use my own oil.
Good to hear that, Sir! I also recently visited MASS with my friend in Indore and had requested for an aftermarket lubricant. Fortunately I got an opportunity to meet the ASM, and he allowed us to do the same.
Regards,
Sourabh
Sanzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 14:51   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
After the email and a couple of follow ups they reverted with the number & email of the territory service manager (TSM). I called him and he was very cooperative, he called the works manager at the MASS and instructed him to let me use my own oil.
Thats good to know!
Which oil you selected eventually ? Purchased online ?
Old 24th September 2018, 21:26   #224
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Thats good to know!
Which oil you selected eventually ? Purchased online ?
I used Shell Helix Ultra which I bought from a shell retail station where they charged MRP. It is half the price in Amazon. Planning to try Amsoil for the next change
Old 1st October 2018, 20:34   #225
BHPian

With the car completing almost 3 years, it was about time paint sealant is reapplied. Chose and selected the same treatment which I bought 3 years back - Waxoyl 100 Plus Paint Sealant. If I compare this paint sealant with that of 3M, the price difference is about 3500/4000 Rs.

The treatment is far better than 3M where the paint coat is not cut. Other than that it was normal cycle, water-less wash, followed by claying, buffing, polishing and finally paint sealant. Uploading some sample images.

Since Waxoyl is not provided directly to retail customers, but only via OEM, so the work was done at their corporate office, and not at some elaborate service center. Moreover, none of the products applied are available over the counter or at retail/online shops.

And at the end, applied a nano coating on front windshield for hydrophobic affect/clarity - not sure of this product and actual life span, though the company claims an effectiveness for 40K kms. Even if it lasts half of that in Indian condition it would be good.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-13.jpg