Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2015, 15:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Thanks for the detail review. My Sx4 (D) is exactly at 2000 RPM @ 80 RPM. Quite shocked to see Ciaz gear ratios, climbing only 1600 RPM@ 80Km/hr. Perhaps the reason for CIAZ for great mileage, apart from shedding weight.
Exactly amitpunjani,
I too have noted this in my SX4. In fact, most of the cars do 80 kmph at 2000 rpm and 100 kmph at 2500 rpm in 5th gear.
Old 4th November 2015, 16:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ptaneja for an excellent and detailed review. Wish you happy time with Ciaz.

Two queries:
Have you checked the tank-full to tank-full FE of ZDi SHVS on highway?

I also own SX4 ZXi and intend to replace it with Ciaz in near future. How much did you get for the SX4 ZXi? If you do not want to share here, you can drop me a PM also.
Old 5th November 2015, 00:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Exactly amitpunjani,
I too have noted this in my SX4. In fact, most of the cars do 80 kmph at 2000 rpm and 100 kmph at 2500 rpm in 5th gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post

Two queries:
Have you checked the tank-full to tank-full FE of ZDi SHVS on highway?

I also own SX4 ZXi and intend to replace it with Ciaz in near future. How much did you get for the SX4 ZXi? If you do not want to share here, you can drop me a PM also.
Right on, my SX4 ZXi used to be at 80 @2000RPM only - I was a bit surprised to see 1500/1600 RPM on this - thats the reason I took the snap.

As far as tank-full FE is concerned, I have calculated that too after my highway trip, and it matches with the MID Avg being shown - there was a difference of .2 km/ltr difference in my case. I filled her up, went to 700kms drive, and filled it back up at the same pump - MID was spot on.
Old 5th November 2015, 00:38   #19
BHPian

Small Update after the first servicing -

Went in for MASS nearest to my home - not the one I purchased the car from.

Anyways, following were told to SA -
1. Replace engine oil - mineral/normal oil - do not use synthetic.
2. Replace oil filter
3. All normal checks etc
4. Adjust headlight level
5. No direct spray wash (a week old polish)

Total bill came to Rs.1283/-

I did notice the oil that came out - it was JET BLACK !! On checking with the mechanic replacing it, he said that its normal in diesel vehicles. Is this true ? With just 1K running, is it bound to become this dark ? If yes, then how come Maruti doesnt recommend replacing it and wait till 10K kms mark ?!

Few snaps -

Oil Filter - huge difference in price compared with Petrol filter !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Diesel Engine - Oil filter being replaced from over the hood - not from under it !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Underbody snaps - no anti-rust coating done. I dont think its even needed up here in Northern India.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

I came in when they were still sleepy eyed - 9:30AM sharp - was one of the first car which came in. Empty car bays !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

By 10, the car was ready to be washed - again because I was early, the washing lines are clean too !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

Final Bill - wish Government would reimburse me this

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 07:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Small Update after the first servicing -

Went in for MASS nearest to my home - not the one I purchased the car from.

Anyways, following were told to SA -
1. Replace engine oil - mineral/normal oil - do not use synthetic.
2. Replace oil filter
3. All normal checks etc
4. Adjust headlight level
5. No direct spray wash (a week old polish)

Total bill came to Rs.1283/-

I did notice the oil that came out - it was JET BLACK !! On checking with the mechanic replacing it, he said that its normal in diesel vehicles. Is this true ? With just 1K running, is it bound to become this dark ? If yes, then how come Maruti doesnt recommend replacing it and wait
By the looks of service centre it seems, it's new Prem motors which was earlier Apra motors. Since I'm putting up Palam vihar, I used to be @ Apra every second weekend.

Don't worry about black color of engine oil, it's normal for Diesel engine.

Maruti, based on market feedback is going back to mineral engine oil. In my car I am forced to use synthetic oil which is nearly 4k, hence tremendously increasing cost of ownership.
Old 5th November 2015, 08:47   #21
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride!! The ciaz looks majestic in the grey colour. Its a true sedan. The mileage figures are impressive !! I was able to get 21kmpl in my nano on a long drive once. Modern diesel cars continue to impress me! Hope to buy a diesel sedan in the future.
Old 5th November 2015, 08:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
In my car I am forced to use synthetic oil which is nearly 4k, hence tremendously increasing cost of ownership.

Forced to use synthetic ? I think they just give options - they prefer synthetic, but cant force customers.
Old 14th November 2015, 04:29   #23
BHPian

Great reading. Very well done. Detailed.
Old 14th November 2015, 09:29   #24
BHPian

Update ::

1005 kms of highway trip completed - Mileage came out to be more than 25, with speeds ranging from 80 to 100, 4 adults + 1 kid + heavy luggage.

Handling and available power at disposal is sufficient, never had to downshift while overtaking, and in the end if you can travel for 1000kms @just 1700rs, its icing on the cake.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151114-08.48.58.jpg
Old 14th November 2015, 10:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice write-up with lot of details and pics!
Congratulations on this smart buy and wishing you happy miles in the car.
Glistening Grey looks awesome in Ciaz and it is my fav colour too in Ciaz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Update ::

1005 kms of highway trip completed - Mileage came out to be more than 25, with speeds ranging from 80 to 100, 4 adults + 1 kid + heavy luggage.

Handling and available power at disposal is sufficient, never had to downshift while overtaking, and in the end if you can travel for 1000kms @just 1700rs, its icing on the cake.

Attachment 1439348
Stupendous FE that is!! But I am not surprised at all after doing few trips with bhpian speedsatya who owns a Ciaz as well. Probably the best in class for sure.
Old 14th November 2015, 12:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nice review ptaneja and many congratulations for the ciaz.

We had almost booked a Ciaz VDi but dropped plans due to some reasons. Might take a plunge next navratras in March/April.

Like your Swift, My WagonR will turn 9 and into its 10th year next April. Got quite attached to it so not able to part away from it.

And trading my Honda City for current gen Honda City or the Ciaz/Verna/Vento doesn't makes me feel excited enough. So City too is here to stay.

Anyways, wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving. Keep the thread updated and your car shining!
Old 15th November 2015, 13:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
Great reading. Very well done. Detailed.
Thanks a lot !!
I know how many times I had to edit the posts per guidelines !

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Stupendous FE that is!!
So True !! In all my calculations I was taking a safe 20km/ltr mileage - but after recent trip, and mileage at 25.4 right now - excellent !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Nice review ptaneja and many congratulations for the ciaz.
Thanks !!
Taking a plunge from sedan to sedan was confusing for me too - every alternate brain will tell you to swap it with SUV - in the end go for what your heart says !

PS - or your better half
Old 18th November 2015, 02:31   #28
BHPian

Oh, I know those guidelines. One of the reason's I don't post more often. In the beginning I felt, every time I tried to post something there was the moderator had daddy issues. Pardon the sarcasm, now I do believe it is for the overall good.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the updates. Very rare ownership reviews of Ciaz and then to have someone with ZDI+ SHVS in Grey color. Bliss.

Paid my draft for delivery of ZDI+ Grey, Ciaz today. It's a surprise gift for my dad.
He loved the car when he test drove it last year. ZDI+ wasn't out then so we ended up buying another car, a black Scorpio S10, which he doesn't drive citing it's size.

This one's for him, and he thinks we are gonna get it sometime next year. Hopefully, if the RTO is done, we should gift him by friday or saturday. I don't know why I insisted on getting all the registrations done pre-delivery.

Only ordered faux wood power window armrests. I feel these should enhance the interior a bit further.

Question 1: I am keen for a tire a tire upgrade from stock 195/55 R16 Apollo to 205/55 R16's. I know, Ciaz ZDI+ already has sufficient ground clearance but I love the look that the 205's will give this car. Mileage is already super. Any suggestions?

Question 2:
I personally feel, the rear fog light section, the black claddings look ugly. I like the cleaner look of the similarly styled Honda City.
Is there anyway to re-style this section?

Question 3:
https://www.facebook.com/hybridcusto...610649/?type=3
Hybrid Customs, Chandigarh have great Ciaz Concept style tail lights, and cool head lights.
Some day, I would probably go for the upgrade. I feel dad will love it.
Any comments?

I hope I am within the guidelines. Thank you.
Old 18th November 2015, 02:47   #29
BHPian

Hybrid Customs, Chandigarh.
Headlights customization charges Rs 4500. Tail lights Rs 7500.

Looks very cool. I don't know the warranty issues yet.

The silver cladding. I feel look better than the ugly black ones. However, still hunting for a decent cladding.
Old 18th November 2015, 09:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Paid my draft for delivery of ZDI+ Grey, Ciaz today. It's a surprise gift for my dad.

Only ordered faux wood power window armrests. I feel these should enhance the interior a bit further.

Question 1: I am keen for a tire a tire upgrade from stock 195/55 R16 Apollo to 205/55 R16's. I know, Ciaz ZDI+ already has sufficient ground clearance but I love the look that the 205's will give this car. Mileage is already super. Any suggestions?

Question 2:
I personally feel, the rear fog light section, the black claddings look ugly. I like the cleaner look of the similarly styled Honda City.
Is there anyway to re-style this section?

Question 3:
[url]
Some day, I would probably go for the upgrade. I feel dad will love it.
Any comments?
Congrats for the booking !!

Can you post the pics of faux wood armrests ? My dealer didnt had them ...

And yes, tire upgrade to 205/55 makes sense - I would have gone ahead if I had some spare $$$ left - so postponed it for next tire change cycle. Moreover, the size looks OK on the paper - with 5% increase in sidewall - from 4.22 inches to 4.44 inches.

For rear fog lights, I am still on a look out for decent claddings, or else I'll see if I can find good LED's in red color to replace those strips.

Quote:
Hybrid Customs, Chandigarh.
Headlights customization charges Rs 4500. Tail lights Rs 7500.
Looks very cool. I don't know the warranty issues yet.
The silver cladding. I feel look better than the ugly black ones. However, still hunting for a decent cladding.
Check out Amritpal's post in Ciaz Official Thread - Page 68/69 - he has done some cool silicone based LED strip added onto existing headlight assembly - no wire cutting, no splicing - so most likely its not a warranty issue. Add to it the cost - 4K ... !! Wish I could find this quality in Delhi/NCR ...

I am thinking of adding on the following two upgrades in the near future - how are these ?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Car-dicky-chrome-garnish-for-MARUTI-SUZUKI-CIAZ-/221870036452?hash=item33a87c15e4:g:gM4AAOSwstxU8Cv O

http://olx.in/item/maruti-ciaz-diffuser-IDYcqqx.html#cc653d7b0f

Most Viewed