Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 19:49   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Hi TeamBHPians,

This to update all my fellow friends about my recent trip to MASS for cleaning cum washing and the anti-rust undercoating.
Dear Sir
First of all congrats for the Ciaz. Not to dampen your happiness, but did you check the cost of that anti-rust can??
I bought one a few days back for Rs.300 and got it sprayed nicely at a FNG for 300 extra. The 2000 they charged is way too expensive for that anti-rust. That product is the base variant of the anti rust in 3Ms portfolio.
At 3M stores, they use 3M Body schutz gold product which is way superior that this Undershield which MASS used.

Do keep an eye over the underbody-this product is known to chip and fall apart very easily.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 19:51   #62
BHPian

Quote:
While the car was on the hydraulic I noticed some cement marks which we could not be removed even after some effort. Can anyone suggest how to remove them?
You can give this a shot

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ent-spots.html
batterylow is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 22:59   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Hi TeamBHPians,

This to update all my fellow friends about my recent trip to MASS for cleaning cum washing and the anti-rust undercoating. Though I cannot comment on the anti-rust undercoating yet but I am surely NOT satisfied with the cleaning and washing. I am NOT going to do it again in a MASS.

Same thing happened during the drying phase. I did not see any of the branded products. They used some liquids from some trash bottles which they claim to be again 3M products. When I asked them more details about the products, they started giggling and avoiding the questions. Very unprofessional!!

I opted for anti-rust undercoating only because it was from 3M. They charged me Rs. 2000 and gave me 2 years warranty with 4 six-monthly checks. I found it to be a good deal and opted for it. The offer from 3M which they do in their premises was Rs. 4000 for 4 years warranty but the 3M location is 50 KMs far from my place and hence opted the MASS one.

Now friends, I have a few queries that I wanted to discuss and gain knowledge about.

1. Does Maruti give gifts to customer after the delivery date? I met someone who claimed to have received a gift 4 weeks after the delivery of the car. Anyone else?

2. While the car was on the hydraulic I noticed some cement marks which we could not be removed even after some effort. Can anyone suggest how to remove them?

MASS washing and cleaning would never match up to independent third party cleaning guys - totally not worth! Its the same for all MASS, no branded products, everything from drums and canisters, white liquid for plastic parts..etc..etc...

I too recently got a bad bump on the lower section of front bumper...not visible from front, but if I move my hand it's all rough and scratched up. Cant help, but consolation being that atleast its not visible.

I'll probably think about underbody coat while getting the third and last free service - will inspect the underbody and decide.

As far as your questions are concerned -
1. No, I have not heard of any freebies after delivery. Exception being, that you give bad rating of your dealer to Maruti service feedback call - and the agent/dealer will be after you to rectify it and in place will oblige you with something.
(something like this has happened to a friend of mine ! )

2. Cement Stains - I have heard petrol weakens it - rub it off with petrol and see.
More options are present here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ent-spots.html

Somethign which GTO suggested above - vinegar and water..
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 20:14   #64
BHPian

Hi All,

Hope you are having a splendid weekend!

I am writing this post to update you on some crazy thing that happened to me recently. It will certainly make you smile and hopefully you will be one amongst few who would understand the underlying emotion. Everybody else would suggest me a Psychiatrist!

Yesterday (Friday), after a couple of drinks at my boss’s place (lets name him X), I had to drop one of his friends as he was not in a condition to drive. It was just 11, but this guy (let’s name him Y) whom I did not very well was kind of out. He sat at the back seat and was talking all sorts of rubbish. One of my junior colleagues (lets name him Z) who lives in my society was also with us. We were enjoying his crazy talks about life, profession and most important promotion. Until he puked … O my gosh !!!!! *** .. OMG .. Multiple emotions ran through my mind in a fraction of a second … nothing to say … I scold my 4 year old if her leg touches the car here and there but this old man …. His apologies were not going into my deaf ears ..Fortunately, Z managed the situation, booked an auto and sent him home. He also took some old newspapers from the auto wala and wiped the seat and door .. few old clothes in my trunk helped us a lot too but I was kind of in shock !!!
I reached home and went to bed at 12. But how could I sleep? My baby is in sh*t and here I am on my bed … ooo no … I woke up at 1:30 and straight went to the basement. I started to clean the interiors and there was no looking back … Interiors, carpets, wheels, polish, wax … and the ordeal ended at 6-ish … but how peace at heart I was at…. At last my car is back to how I like to have it ..

My wife wakes up at 5:30 and called me when she did not find me in bed. I joined her for a walk and told her the whole story .. she laughed and told everyone at home and all labeled me as “psychopath”.

How can my post go without pics?

The nose with her eyes. 6:05 AM, the time on the speedometer console.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

My weapons! Some of them came as part of the MGA premium car care kit and some of them I bought from amazon.

3M microfiber cloth, Formula 1 Carnauba wax, Canabee Tire Shiner, Colin Glass Cleaner, different brushes – All bought online from different sites.

Sonax Carwash Shampoo, Sonax Car Polish, Sonax Interior cleaner – All part of the MGA premium car care kit.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.2.jpg

Interiors of the car.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

At last I shot a video when I took her for a small ride in the basement of my society. You can see the car cleaners doing their jobs.

Old 22nd February 2016, 17:33   #65
BHPian

Finally got my car key cover. Very good quality and Nice fitting !! Very happy with the purchase.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img_20160222_154302390_fotor_collage.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img_20160222_154302390_fotor_collage1.jpg
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:38   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Hope you are having a splendid weekend!

Yesterday (Friday), after a couple of drinks at my boss’s place (lets name him X),

Until he puked … O my gosh !!!!! *** ..

I woke up at 1:30 and straight went to the basement. I started to clean the interiors and there was no looking back … Interiors, carpets, wheels, polish, wax … and the ordeal ended at 6-ish … but how peace at heart I was at…. At last my car is back to how I like to have it ..

Ohhh Man .... you did had a lovely weekend indeed !!!

Absolutely shocked to hear the outcome of partying with your boss ... just by curiosity , was he sitting behind you ? !

And of course, hats off for getting it cleaned ...and better you did it the same night, else the smell of it would have seeped further in. I am not sure, but would 3M or any other roadside car wash person would entertain cleaning someone else's puke ...

Hope you learned few lessons -
1. dont drink with your boss !
2. hire OLA cab for drunk colleagues !

All the best man !
Old 22nd February 2016, 17:46   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my car key cover. Very good quality and Nice fitting !! Very happy with the purchase.
I was searching too for the cover - but everywhere I came up with two button silicone cover (similar to one you have) - how about the third key - boot lid?

And where have you ordered this/price ?
Old 22nd February 2016, 20:27   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I was searching too for the cover - but everywhere I came up with two button silicone cover (similar to one you have) - how about the third key - boot lid?

And where have you ordered this/price ?
Arre sirji chinta maat karo .. the boot lid opener also has a place.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-img_20160222_180347118.jpg

I bought it from eBay .. Rs. 149 shipping included.

here is the link ...

http://www.ebay.in/itm/121818889616?aff_source=Sok-Goog
Old 27th February 2016, 17:48   #69
BHPian

A quick and small update - car reached 6666 kms

ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 10:57   #70
BHPian

One more upcoming trip, courtesy Himachal Pradesh

Planning to get wheel alignment/balancing done before the trip - say somewhere around 7500kms mark.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-plan.jpg
Old 28th March 2016, 23:16   #71
BHPian

Update !!

Yet another trip to HP completed without a fuss

Total Distance Traveled - 938kms
Fuel (using autocut on the same bunk)- 35.02 ltr
Average - 26.78kms/ltr

Updating few snaps - all via phone, so expect no DSLR clarity

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 23:26   #72
BHPian

Odometer now stands at around 8300kms...about 1700 odd kms remain for the final free servicing.

Issues -
Minor squeaking sound at center console flap - only when open.

Metal clunk sound on left front shocker (similar issue faced by other Ciaz owners as well - metal sheet covering brake assembly comes in contact with axle during braking+speed breaker) - will get it looked up sooner by MASS.

Signing off with remaining 5 snaps ...

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-13.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-14.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-15.jpg
Old 20th April 2016, 19:07   #73
BHPian

Just a small update to keep the thread active ...

Kms Covered so far - around 8700
Mileage - 22.5 to 23.0 in City driving - 100% AC

Here are couple of snaps, Ciaz sweating it out in 42 deg heat -

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00102.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00104.jpg
Old 26th April 2016, 20:18   #74
BHPian

Filled it today, 1630rs for a tank-full - mileage as per cut off method and MID, comes to around 21.3 kms/ltr with AC.

How are others dealing with post 8K mileage figures ?

Just couple of random clicks ...

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00213.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-dsc00215.jpg

Last edited by ptaneja : 26th April 2016 at 20:19.
Old 28th April 2016, 11:30   #75
BHPian

Great to see some life on the thread. Off-late was busy with some office work and hence could not follow up much on TBHP.

Do you know how is the on-dash fuel mileage calculated?

Though mine show around 18 KMPL and it is quite the same as per my calculation, I am little concerned on why the mileage is so low. I agree that most of my drive is city roads and peak hours but I do travel at 22-30 KMPL (as per dash) about 60% of the time. Still the mileage is so low. Any suggestions?

Stats:
1. Single Driver
2. 7500 kms
3. All services from MASS
4. No Rough driving. No competition on road.
5. Did not change E.Oil till now. Only two washes in 1000 and 5000 KMs from MASS.

Pls suggest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks