Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 05:09   #151
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

Finished off an unexpected, and unplanned trip to UK - Nainital Hills.

Route was pretty clean, no unexpected jams or anything.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-route.jpg

We stayed at Bhimtaal - avoiding the rush and chaos at Nainital.

Total kms traveled is about 700.

On return, did a tank full again - mileage came up to be 23.80kms/ltr - speed on average was about 80 to 100 - did a couple of short runs till 120km/hr -not more than that.

Some random snaps enroute to the location.

PS - Food at the so called Haveli is disgusting - nothing as compared to what you get on Chandigarh - Punjab highways. South Indian Idlis were like bricks - super hard ! Tea was made with 4 times the normal sugar - you can probably take a break here - but be careful with what you order !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12.jpg

Found this cute little car abandoned in parking space opposite Cave Garden in Nainital. This is a beauty - if someone manages to revive this.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-14.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 07:46   #152
BHPian

Cheers Taneja ji. What does the odometer say now? I m clicking 23k now.
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:32   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDee View Post
Cheers Taneja ji. What does the odometer say now? I m clicking 23k now.
Thanks man ! Yea, I am pretty close to 23k myself ...I think it would be done by this month end.

Hows the car going ? Any long drives or just munching away kms in NCR region itself ?

Will be clocking additional 1300 odd kms in June - have planned something like this >

Gurgaon > Ambala > Solan > Chail > Shimla > Mandi > Barot > Parashar Lake > Gurgaon

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-upcoming.jpg
Old 3rd May 2017, 21:07   #154
BHPian

Recently took possession of a Nexa Blue Smart Hybrid Alpha Ciaz on 25 April 2017. Was 48 km on the odo on taking delivery in Bangalore. After a couple of days driving around in Bangalore, did a weekend trip to Hyderabad and back over the long weekend of 29 April to 1 May. Total trip distance was about 1250 km.

As this was the running in period, I was driving mostly sedate speeds of between 70 and 90 kmph and not trying to accelerate too hard. After the running in period, might do 100 kmph going up to 120 kmph where it is legal, but that is about it. My style of driving is sedate cruising.

Just posting a picture of the average fuel efficiency figure read off from the MID. Got it serviced today at 1477 km on the odo. Will look at starting a separate ownership thread later on.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-ciaz-average.jpg  

Old 4th May 2017, 08:37   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post
Recently took possession of a Nexa Blue Smart Hybrid Alpha Ciaz on 25 April 2017.

My style of driving is sedate cruising.

Just posting a picture of the average fuel efficiency figure read off from the MID. Got it serviced today at 1477 km on the odo. Will look at starting a separate ownership thread later on.
Amazing mileage man !!
I used to get somewhere like this in the initial running in period - post that, with acceleration, and high speed figures it plummeted down to about 23/24 km/ltr.

Share some snaps of your car - need to see how this Blue shade looks on Ciaz.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 09:11   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Amazing mileage man !!
I used to get somewhere like this in the initial running in period - post that, with acceleration, and high speed figures it plummeted down to about 23/24 km/ltr.

Share some snaps of your car - need to see how this Blue shade looks on Ciaz.
Sure will post snaps of the beauty. The blue and the gray colors and also the white look best on the Ciaz in my opinion.

Am also going to reset the fuel efficiency average reading as will be driving mainly in the city for the whole of May. Will post another average readout at the end of the month for city driving conditions.
Old 11th May 2017, 14:30   #157
BHPian

Hello ptaneja

Are you facing some heaviness/hard to steer feeling in your steering ? I too have a ZDI+ and after about 10000kms it started to feel much hard, so much so that i feel a pain in my neck. Thought of confirming it from some other ZDI+ owner. Mine are Stock GoodYears.

Regards
Old 11th May 2017, 14:34   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSing View Post
Hello ptaneja

Are you facing some heaviness/hard to steer feeling in your steering ? I too have a ZDI+ and after about 10000kms it started to feel much hard, so much so that i feel a pain in my neck. Thought of confirming it from some other ZDI+ owner. Mine are Stock GoodYears.

Regards
Hey !
I am also running stock tyres - no stiffness in steering. Feels the same as it was before.
Better get the Power Steering checked at MASS - within warranty should not be an issue even if it needs something major.
Old 11th May 2017, 14:45   #159
BHPian

Thanks for a prompt reply sir! I have also asked a few more people in the official review thread and just waiting for it.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-139.html. As i see on https://www.consumercomplaints.in/ma...oblem-c1062867 there are some other users complaining of the same issue. Could be a GoodYear Tyre issue may be, Also i see from your pictures that yours are Apollo.
Old 13th June 2017, 09:21   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraag View Post

Did you use ac during the entire travel? When i drove mine in Bangalore for the first month, got a return of 16.5 KMPL
Old 13th June 2017, 11:40   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for a prompt reply sir! I have also asked a few more people in the official review thread and just waiting for it.
Hey !
Got any solution to your issue ? I mean is it fixed, or still pending with MASS ?
Old 13th June 2017, 13:24   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caradorer View Post
Did you use ac during the entire travel? When i drove mine in Bangalore for the first month, got a return of 16.5 KMPL
It was on AC more than 95% of the time. This trip included about 120 km of travel within the city: in Hyderabad and on returning to Bangalore from Devanahalli to Dommasandra via KR Puram. Also a little bit of detour at Kurnool both ways for snacks.

After returning, the average over the past 40 days has been 21 kmpl. My daily commute does not include much traffic - travelling from Dommasandra towards New Horizons College before Cessna Business Park and back, although there is quite some slow traffic near Dommasandra circle because of the road work going on.
Paraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 15:40   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Hey !
Got any solution to your issue ? I mean is it fixed, or still pending with MASS ?
I took it to Motorcraft Noida and as expected they told me that there is nothing wrong with the steering . I then called Nexa Helpline and asked for a escalation mechanism and was told to take it to another Service Centre for a cross check.I went to MSM Okhla and the GM there helped me by getting the torque values checked by opening the steering assembly. Although the technician there came up with the same reply that there is nothing wrong, but after this process , the steering is feeling better. Not sure how it got corrected in this process. I believe it has something to do with the way my suspension bushes were fixed(I believe the steering assembly was partly opened) at Motorcraft Noida which was a Company recall for some of the cars manufactured around Aug 2016. But this is just a guess.

Thanks for checking that
Old 5th July 2017, 15:12   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how it got corrected in this process. I believe it has something to do with the way my suspension bushes were fixed
Thanks for checking that
Perfect !
As long as it stays like this, and the problem do not creep back.

But, MASS as always are just useless - attitude per se that "everything is OK" is just appalling.

In case it comes back, better get it checked by a known and experienced mechanic outside of dealer service centre.
Old 18th July 2017, 06:47   #165
BHPian

Does anyone know about EGR Valve & Intercooler Cleaning at 30k?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks