Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 10:15   #1
BHPian

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

March 2015 – Issues started creeping up with SX4 BRC Sequential Kit - all of a sudden the software would wipe out(car wont switch over to CNG), resulting in visit to get it reinstalled - nearest MASS which installed it had closed down, making me travel more than 40 kms one way. Happened three times in 4 months, unpredictability and unreliability forced me to look for options ...

April 2015 – Started hating CNG queues, Mom saw few cars burned down(reason unknown), still everyone started becoming apprehensive of CNG vehicles

May 2015 – Car comparison begins. Sleepless nights. Team BHP servers overloaded with my searches.

June 2015 – Wanted a comfortable family car. Wasn’t looking for road burner, don’t want to take turns at 60+ speeds, good mileage and peace of mind.

Started looking out for options, and test driving the main choices.
- Honda City –
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-city.jpg
Dealer experience was not up to the mark – I had to prod, keep asking questions, keep asking him about features, and then only he would say something. More or less like, I don’t care attitude. Still, since we were already in the showroom, I accepted the test drive. Made them squeeze in 3 of his staff in the back seat for proper drive experience. Pickup was decent, too much of engine noise inside the cabin, and low seating position were a major sore. But still it was being considered, until some excellent speed breakers made us think twice. 3 speed breakers, of various height it seems, and all of them scrapped the underbelly - be it in slow speed, diagonal or otherwise. When I do travel, its with LOT of luggage for 4 adults and a kid – and had to install a carrier on my SX4. With the luggage in boot, it would sag much more – dropped it off the list.

- Scorpio –
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-scorpio.jpg
with a budget of 10lacs or so, few versions of this facelift did squeezed in. Good ground clearance, good visibility, but the thought of depressing the clutch 100 times in 30mins of drive was not for me. Auto available in Scorpio is way above my budget. If needed, I’ll buy a second hand 8 years old Scorpio just for the sake of Highway trips for 3 lacs or so …

- Verna –
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-verna.jpg
good discounts on offer(By Sep end, and delivery before Navratra’s, a friend got a huge 1.5Lacs discount!! ). Cabin’s NVH pretty good. But interiors didn’t felt good. This was one car where wife’s and mine views clashed! She didn’t like it a bit, and I was OK with the overall package being offered along with excellent discounts. But in the end, everyone knows what happens after an argument … grudgingly this was too wiped off the list.

- S-Cross –
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-scross.jpg
Well, its neither an SUV nor a sedan …Took a test drive of S Cross first. 1.3 engine was within my budget. First impression on getting in – Is this swift? a little overgrown swift maybe ? I have been an owner of Swift ZXI for last 10 years, and the black interior’s were just too depressing for me. It had to be light, beige and airy! No disrespect to S-Cross owners, but for me, in the same price band, I would rather go for proper Sedan, than an overgrown Swift. The only thing I liked was Cruise Control – on highways what a relief this feature is! Or maybe, since driving SX4 and space available in the back seat, S Cross looked claustrophobic – along with raised hump on the floor.

Ciaz
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-ciaz.jpg
Came in as a surprise. Since we were already looking for exchanging out old SX4 with a new vehicle, we went in to Maruti Showroom just to get the SX4 evaluated. I had heard about Ciaz earlier as well – but didn’t follow it well. But while waiting for the car to be evaluated, we took a look at Ciaz ZXI available in showroom. And don’t know why, it just clicked. New, Fresh, Beige, Light, Airy, Diesel, Semi Hybrid, Within Budget …! And moreover, “Kitna Deti Hai” as well … 29 km/lt – are you kidding!?! Though a final choice was not made by this time, we went home more or less satisfied, and gave my name for Diesel test drive vehicle. Family was not concerned on mileage, on looks or features, they were more interested to make sure there is a Maruti Badge on front Grill (or second choice of Hyundai). We have seen numerous cars waiting in Garage’s for spares, and didn’t want this to happen – normal servicing would go fine with every manufacturer, but accidental repairs/replacement?!!

Test Drive Experience -
Dealer brought the car to home, and the first thing that we heard was loud engine noise – from the outside. Well, let’s get in to the cabin, maybe its not so harsh inside – and yes, NVH levels within the car are decent enough. With a very light music playing, and AC blower on minimum speed, you won’t notice any engine noise. With the drive, pickup, and acceleration – I was impressed – the kind of acceleration which I rarely do – I knew with my sedate style of driving, this would be just perfect. Was able to get the seating position per my height – road view was perfect. Loads of space at back, pretty airy cabin – beige interior’s, useful and spacious boot. Though less in weight than SX4, the doors looked and felt heavy on closing. And the known maruti genetic disease, driver side door will never close shut in the first shot!

And I did tried the hyped SHVS –
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-shvs.jpg
There are multiple factors which have to be fulfilled before the car would turn off at a signal – seat belt should be worn, clutch should not be depressed, neutral and ambient cabin temperature. I tried it multiple times during test drive, come to a halt at red light, release the clutch in neutral, and car turns off. Press clutch and its back on within seconds. Second scenario, wherein there is a long waiting line, the car would turn OFF and ON periodically to meet cabin ambient temperature. Also, let go of accelerator with speeds >30kmph, and a green light in dashboard lit up, which as per SA means charging the battery during de-acceleration. During normal course of driving, you would not even notice this underlying feature.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-booking.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151007-09.41.41.jpg
PS – I was glad to know that my normal driving style matches with what gear shift indicator suggested!!

Last edited by ptaneja : 1st November 2015 at 22:57.
ptaneja is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 21:32   #2
BHPian

First Diesel Vehicle - CIAZ ZDI + SHVS

So, after finalizing the car, next came the big battle – which color?!
Mom: White. Looks elegant.
Wife: Silver. Will hide scratches.
Son: Red! Red ! Can we get Yellow? How about Rainbow color? How about the butterscotch ice-cream color we had at Baskins?

I was so damn confused, I called in the dealer and requested him if any visit can be arranged to see Ciaz in all the available colors. He obliged, came for another test drive, and took us to their warehouse, and we saw all available colors (except Golden something) – though all were covered in dust, but were pretty much better than brochure pics.
In the end,
White – too common.
Silver – been driving, and owning silver’s since last decade. No more repetition.
Red/Brown etc – no dark colors. I cant lose my sleep over scratches.
Finally, Glistening Grey was finalized.

( I won’t go into the long lasting discussion on Petrol VS Diesel comparison - for me even if running is 10K kms a year, this time I'll go with Diesel. )

Dealer Experience :
Negotiations – Negotiate….Negotiate….Negotiate, among 4 Dealers.
Since I had to exchange SX4 too, it had to be best price. So I was finally looking for the price I had to pay – be it discounts, or larger value for old vehicle or whatever!
Since I was in no hurry to buy it, I kept comparing quotes, kept haggling at dealers for best price. But to my amazement, they were almost matching – minor few thousand differences.
Sharaad’s were approaching, and we would neither be booking, nor taking delivery during this period. Just one day before, I got a call with the best deal possible. I was about to squeeze him further, but got a stern look from my mom … Enough of it!! (PS – I still managed to get 2K additional discount on the day of delivery )

Bifurcation on above costing >
Base Price - 10,16329
Extended Warranty - 14,627
Registration - 82,631
Insurance - Approx 26,000 via External Vendor ( I would get a reimbursement of 9K approx. for NCB – 35% which was present in SX4 ) So effective insurance would be close to 16K.

Discounts -
Cash Discount/FLAME Govt Initiative etc - 15,000
Exchange Bonus - 25,000
MGA Kit - 3594 (Mats, Divinity, Freshener, Steering cover, Bumper Protectors)

Loan Formalities –
Dealer was processing this – via SBI. I was little reluctant because of “sarkari Bank” and all. But frankly speaking, I was AMAZED with their service.
Papers were handed over to dealer in the morning, by the time I reached office, verification guy was waiting at reception – residence verification was done next. By evening everything was done, I was asked to pick up sanction letter the next day. As a side note – I did took a copy of my CIBIL report from SBI – saved 500rs 

Major Benefits while going in for SBI -
1. Speedy approval for sure.
2. Low ROI – 9.65% as of now.
3. Pre-Payment – unlimited times, no penalty.
4. Loan account number is allowed to be added as normal NEFT transfer account in any online banking system.
5. Processing Fees waived off.

With a week to go, I was waiting with crossed fingers that I do get the delivery on time!

Delivery Experience -

I had to take an off being a weekday, but we were ready for a visit to dealer by 10AM as confirmed by him. But early morning he called, that the car is still with Maruti Plant, and has to be brought to dealer, would take couple of hours or so, and add an hour for PDI checklist - a fresh time of visit was provided at 1PM.
At this late moment, I had no option to just ignore this - though it messed up with the plans.
Arrived at dealers place, and was shocked to see HUGE waiting list - numerous cars were waiting to be delivered to prospective customers - people do buy cars, and people do believe in God!!

Experience from here on was smooth.

- started off with the dealer taking delivery of my old vehicle. Relevant forms were signed, Form 28, 29,30 etc. . I took the delivery receipt from them stating that they would be responsible for all upcoming expense/tax/accidents etc. Also, as a safe bet, had those sign and stamp on a piece of papers a list of all documents/keys/pollution cert/gear lock keys etc handed over to them.

- carried along their true value guy to do the final inspection on old vehicle in front of me. Did not want a situation wherein they call me later stating spare tire is missing!

- New car formalities were about to begin, but I halted it, stating that I need an hour or so with the car to run my own PDI list (thanks to Team BHP)

- Checked all the PDI items, and found all OK. Told the dealer to start the invoice process, and hand over me the invoice so that I can get the insurance prepared by external source.

- We were seated comfortably in sofa, eating away biscuits, tea and chips for my kid - while the agent was running here and there to complete paperwork. Man, loads of paperwork - pre and post-delivery. Tough job!

- Invoice was handed over to me, along with other forms for RTO office. Temporary number was allocated as well. I immediately emailed the invoice to my insurance agent because delivery of vehicle would not take place without it.

- New insurance was with me in less than 15 mins, which was handed over to sales guy.

- They offered to get the final cleaning done on the car - with a soiled cloth, the person was ready to clean it!! I told him to S T O P - take this 100Rs. and relax somewhere. I'll better get this washed somewhere later - rather than start off with swirl marks.

- Finally, photo's, sweets, wishes, spare keys and documents with booklet handed over. Nervously took the first gear on to busy 5PM evening office traffic!!

Post Delivery
ODO reading at the time of delivery was 25kms – major benefit when you are staying close to production line!!

Did all the documentation, took the 5 Liters Diesel Voucher, and went to nearest IOC Petrol Pump. Filled it up, and then drove home. Went to neighborhood Petrol Pump and told him to fill up till auto-cut – it took in 37.31 liters.

ODO after couple of days stands at 75kms – and I am totally satisfied so far! Noise within the cabin is less than that of test vehicle – maybe engine noise would increase with time – I am not sure … but for now, it’s in acceptable limits.

I am still getting used to SVHS which turns the car off! SVHS light comes ON when de-accelerating in gear, comes ON when you are accelerating sometimes as well – and when SVHS light is ON, and car is de-accelerating, MID shows instant mileage increasing to 30km/ltr !

Avg Mileage at the time of delivery was 7.4 km/ltr, which is now at 17.2 km/ltr. I think within a week of my driving, it would reach acceptable limits of 20 km/ltr.

I did notice, CRUIZE & SET in dashboard (NOT Lit) – maybe for International versions they are providing this functionality?

To Summarize,

Spacious, both inside the cabin and boot!
Reliability and after sales service of Maruti.
16" Alloys - no need for an upgrade.
ACC, ICE, Reverse Camera, HID's
Safety concerns - ABS, EPS etc
Mileage - 29kmpl ARAI!

Not so nice:
Missing Dead Pedal
Reflective ICE Touch Screen
Small Armrest - almost of no use.
Missing DRL's
Noisy engine - when heard from outside.
Spare wheel is not an alloy - SX4 had all 5 alloys
Missing Cruise Control
Small Rear View Mirror

Parting Pic of SX4 – lovely 6 years with it!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-14.14.11.jpg

At dealership – locate Grey colored nose peeking out of the crowd!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-14.14.24.jpg

Pre-Delivery Inspection, Accessories being thrown in, car being dirtied etc.!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-15.03.27.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-15.03.34.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-15.03.41.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-15.04.29.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-15.04.59.jpg

Pooja being done – my 10 year old Swift ZXI can be seen in the background!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151014-17.29.47.jpg

At Home –

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151015-08.49.54.jpg

Finally, a collage!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2015 at 12:18. Reason: Spacing
ptaneja is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 20:38   #3
BHPian

re: Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!

About the Vehicle

- Exterior Looks / Head Light Unit / Paint, Fit and Finish –
was pretty consistent, nothing abnormal or out of way. Though I did felt the boot lid panel gap to be a bit more than other gaps, but again this gap was consistent across different ciaz’s. Running board too has some bubbles, but I had those in my SX4 as well. Something which missed during the PDI I had done at the showroom.

Looks are pretty subjective, but front is more better looking than rear! Only thing missing is DRL’s – I’ll probably check out if any good workman is doing tube DRL’s inside the head light assembly – saw a similar setup done by a dude in Ciaz Official Review thread.

Uploading some pictures to do the talking - also note the almost negligible bumpers - a front hit would surely cause a damage to bonnet/metal.

CON - Almost negligible bumpers to take the hit. Rear Boot panel gaps.

CON - Light throw is horrible in high beam. Even if I switch to high beam, I see no major improvement or advantage over the already available low beam spread. Have to get it looked at first service. Though I have checked that the bulbs are working - maybe their level needs to be corrected?
Also, what kind of upgrade can we think about here without voiding the warranty?

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.43.36.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.43.39.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.43.43.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.44.36.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.44.57.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.45.05.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-07.23.12.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.52.01.jpg

- Wheels – One of the main reason for going with top end variant was with additional 5mm of ground clearance because of 16” wheels. For now, I am not upgrading the stock tires – no vitamin M available for this change for now.

CON - saw the spare wheel as 185/85/R15 , which means this would surely be used only till puncture is repaired on one of the four primary tires. I have to get this verified by MASS as well - any one of you who has 16" alloys, can confirm if spare is 15" or 16" ?

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-07.23.30.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-07.24.09.jpg

- Interior Comfort / Interior Design/Seat Covers / Cubby Holes/ Storage Spaces - I got the new seat covers installed on top of the available one’s. I know this was not required, but I do make a habit of saving the OEM covers to last extent. Other than that, I am pretty much pleased with available space. No rattles so far, no squeak’s….but being Maruti, I am optimistic of hearing these in the near future.

As per family who are rear occupants, there is pretty much all the space and comfort they need. Front seed comfort, road visibility, and ergonomics are as per my standard.
Notice the leg room, with seats pushed back/front.

CON - For me, rear seat under thigh support is not good, but since I'll be primary driver here, front seats are comfortable. For family, they don't find much difference between rear seat of SX4 or Ciaz.

Fuel Lid opener almost out of reach when seat is all the way forward.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.47.13.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.47.25.jpg

Windows roll all the way down >

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.56.00.jpg

Rear Shade pre-installed, though with tender hooks, which if pulled a little hard will break, making this useless. >

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.54.05.jpg

Misc. snaps, cubby holes, storage spaces, interior lights etc.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.53.46.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.53.25.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.53.03.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.52.53.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.52.49.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.52.39.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.52.11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.52.20.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.52.06.jpg

- Audio/ Ergonomics/ MID – again, perfect so far. With all these gizmos missing in SX4, they are a pretty good change for me. One major drawback though, 7” ICE Screen is useless in direct sunlight and in fact reflects it to your face. Moreover, as a general practice, don’t you think it easier to change volume by rotary know than sliding your finger?!! Oh yes, volume control on steering is the saving grace here…

I was satisfied with mediocre system in SX4, then this is just perfect for me.
Phone pairing happened within seconds - just connect, pair on both ends, and you are done. Voice recognition is functional for me as well - tried in couple of times on outbound call, and it was able to recognize the person I wanted to dial out. Though the name in phone book for that person was small - three alphabet long which made it easier!

Following is the snap with reverse camera - Yellow light would mean warning, red means stop!
And yet, so far no freezes/crashes or hung operation for ICE.

CON - Reflective screen of unit. No solution for this so far - unless I turn away the car!!

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.48.25.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.48.38.jpg

For Air Conditioning, Overall it cools within mins, but, the Rear AC Vent is more or less useless in low speed fan. Very less output from it – either I have to close both the front side vents to redirect some air to it, or increase the speed to max. But in normal “Auto AC” the volume of air flow from rear vent is almost nothing.

CON - Useless rear vent AC blower - it’s in fact the same quantity of air flow which would be distributed between vents. In comparison, Ertiga second row AC has an excellent air flow, maybe because of dedicated air blower.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.51.42.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.53.46.jpg

Last edited by ptaneja : 1st November 2015 at 23:08.
ptaneja is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 14:57   #4
BHPian

Continued...

- Visibility and Size of Mirror – Visibility is good – though the rear view mirror size seems to be a bit less than that of SX4 – I am getting used to it. Night time driving and auto rear view internal mirror is excellent in reducing the glare.

CON - small in size than my previous drive. Not much of visibility, still getting used to it. Also, the integrated side indicator lights will have to be taken care of!

- Boot Space – With recent highway trip (which I am in middle of right now!) the boot swallowed up 5 big bags, and multiple smaller one’s on top of them. Following are the pictures of boot fully loaded -

CON - Unpainted bottom !!
No insulation on lid.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-06.56.52.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-06.56.51.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-07.24.01.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.57.25.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.57.34.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.57.33.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.57.18.jpg

- Engine Performance/City/Highway - No lag at all !! This was what I was hearing all the time, on almost every alternate review, that you press the pedal and nothing happens. But in practical, sane and sensible driving situation, nothing like this – it delivers when needed. So far the car has been driven around 250 kms in City, and around 650 kms in highway – “Satisfied” is the word for it.

Even GTO mentioned that the engine is not up to the mark, and I should have mentioned it, but frankly, with the way I drive, and with the few cars I compared it with, I did not find anything wrong with the engine. Maybe If I drive something better, I'll realize how laggy this is, but for now, no lag.

- Fuel Efficiency / MID – The MID showed me 7.4 km/ltr when the car was delivered. With time and driving for about 250kms in city, it incremented to 18km/ltr. And with one 650kms of highway driving, it now stands at 24.4km/ltr.

Following are the snaps of MID/DTE/Instant Fuel Efficiency etc

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-08.02.27.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.49.14.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.49.10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.49.05.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.48.25.jpg

- Suspension/Ride Quality – appears more soft than SX4. In my old vehicle, rear passengers used to complain during highway drive to be careful, as the bounce in the rear becomes uncomfortable. With one highway drive to Shimla, this issue was not reported - maybe because I was driving at a normal 70/80 km speed limit or if roads have improved – the rear passengers complained less when sections of highway meet and bounces the car for 2 seconds! In city traffic, potholes, it managed to soak them up with ease. Had to yet take it across potholes in some speed, but I guess it would fly over them with much nuisance to passengers.

- Steering – Oh Man, this is ONE BIG RELIEF. Anyone who has not driven ZXi variant of SX4 will not understand, the EPF in Ciaz is very light compared to SX4. Specially, ZXI trim of SX4 with bigger tires was pretty effort driven – but Ciaz on the other hand is just super light – one hand operation or I can say one finger operation is all that is needed.

- Braking – satisfied with this factor as well – made an effort to avoid panic breaking, and have not yet faced it, but for normal city/highway driving its perfect.

Should Have’s in the car –
- DRL’s
- Cruise Control
- Traction Control (Saw this Icon in dashboard in direct sunlight – not sure of its effectiveness in India, but maybe imports would have it?)
- A lengthy front passenger/driver armrest. The length of existing one is just too short to be of any use.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2015 at 12:24. Reason: Spacing
ptaneja is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 16:22   #5
BHPian

More Misc. Snaps, including fuel lid, boot opening button, rear armrest cup holders, special Exide battery for SHVS function, Keyless Entry etc. etc. -

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-08.23.48.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.56.35.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.53.58.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.51.32.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.51.19.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.51.13.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.50.39.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.50.50.jpg

Attachment 1430846

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151025-07.49.31.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-07.26.33.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151023-07.28.58.jpg

Update -
Few accessories purchased and installed.

- Noodle Mats -
Bought these from curtain shop, custom fit for all the spaces. Costed me 1200rs - far cheaper than 3M quoted price of 5800.

- Jopasu duster - have to train my daily wash guy to use this instead of common duster used for all the cars of the society.

- 3M Car Shampoo, Microfiber Cloths etc purchased online via Amzaon weekly sale.

- 1000kms up for the car, servicing is due, but I’ll have to wait for next Sunday for the servicing, which would mean an addition of 100kms max.

- Went for Waxoyl 100 Plus Paint Protection treatment instead of over hyped 3M, costed me 4000/- . For now, the finish, shine and smoothness is excellent, company has provided a warranty of 18 months - let’s see if these 4K have went down the drain or is it worth something. Process was the standard, washing, microfiber cleaning, using of clay, buffing compound, waxing compound and finally 100 plus paint sealant.

This 100 Plus sealant was encased in a sponge, which had to pierced at 3/4 places with something sharp. Finish is excellent for now; the only thing missing is proper reception, proper sitting area, dustless location for doing the job etc. Because all the work was done on the road itself: Frustrati

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151024-12.04.24.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151024-17.53.31.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151024-17.53.47.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151024-17.53.57.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151024-12.18.39.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-20151024-12.18.26.jpg

Last edited by ptaneja : 1st November 2015 at 23:11. Reason: Typo Corrected
ptaneja is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 10:55   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 12:32   #7
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the car ptaneja.

The Ciaz is a great choice for those looking for a car with lots of interior and boot space and good after sales service. Looks good too. While I think it is rather boring to drive, it is very fuel-efficient. With the SHVS system, we can only expect it get more frugal.

Hope Maruti have sorted out the SmartPlay system. When I tested the standard diesel version last year, it was quite buggy.

So keep updating this thread as the car gobbles up the miles.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:33   #8
BHPian

Congratulations ptaneja on the new Car. Thank you for the detailed ownership report and the precise pictures. We would want to have more of them though

CIAZ truly is a very practical choice and indeed a elegant looking car. I too like the Grey shade and looks excellent in contrasting background, was floored with the official review's pics too. Hope you keep the thread updated with your experience.

Few days back one of my friend was interested in the Ciaz and i had guided them to our official review and abhisheksircar's experience and he was very happy to know the merits and the demerits of the car. Finally bought it too.

I know that many of our forum members have the Ciaz but there are very few ownership reports written. Would request all the owners to make sometime and let others know about the vehicle you own.
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
While I think it is rather boring to drive, it is very fuel-efficient. With the SHVS system, we can only expect it get more frugal.

Hope Maruti have sorted out the SmartPlay system. When I tested the standard diesel version last year, it was quite buggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Hope you keep the thread updated with your experience.

Thanks for the comment guys.

I am amazed at the mileage figures - with completely choked traffic, resulting in 7kms of drive being covered in 1 hour, the MID still shows the average as 23.8 !!

The car has completed 1200kms as of now, and have gone ahead with the first servicing. More details in a bit , let me upload some images !
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:23   #10
BHPian

Just on the go, unplanned snaps taken from phone camera - from my recent trip to Shimla. Was an amazing drive, though I had to continuously alter my driving to keep the RPM needle moving.

But in the end, the mileage figures were just awesome, 24.7kms/ltr ! Which resulted in approx 1300rs of fuel expense both sides - almost the same fare for one ticket in Rajdhani !

No niggles during the drive, no sluggishness on slopes and inclines, perfect so far.

First stop early morning for a cup of tea, and for giving a break to the car too -
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-2.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-3.jpg

Mileage increased to 21.5, 1600RPM for 80km/hr speed.
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-4.jpg

Second stopover for a break -
Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-5.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-6.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-7.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-8.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-9.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:31   #11
BHPian

Images Continued ...

Had the guys give the car a good wash before parking it over and protecting it with cover.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-10.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-11.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-12.jpg

Boot was completely full with 6 Full Bags, multiple smaller one, on-the-spur purchased fruits and what not. Pheeew.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-13.jpg

On the way back, my son taking a peek inside !

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-14.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-15.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-16.jpg

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-17.jpg

Finally, Mileage increased to 23.5 with the car covering a total of 700kms.

Maruti Ciaz ZDi+ SHVS - Ownership Review at 60,000 km!-18.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 10:23   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

Had the guys give the car a good wash before parking it over and protecting it with cover.
Nice Pics Buddy. Hope you are having a blast
One piece of advise, please remove the Ribbon from your Bonnet. I understand that one wants to retain the Brand new look of the car but that small piece of ribbon exposed under sunlight and dust can leave some very ugly marks on your Bonnet.
Arindam_Nayek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 11:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Nice Pics Buddy. Hope you are having a blast
One piece of advise, please remove the Ribbon from your Bonnet. I understand that one wants to retain the Brand new look of the car but that small piece of ribbon exposed under sunlight and dust can leave some very ugly marks on your Bonnet.
Oh yes, Ribbon is gone as soon as the car was back from highway trip and before applying Paint Sealant.
Old 4th November 2015, 14:01   #14
BHPian

That is one nice car my friend. This is one proper looking sedan. It may not be the most feature rich of the bunch, but I am sure it will faithfully serve you for the time you own it. From the way you described your driving style, you seem like a person of my kind
I too like to be gentle with cars, and my car usually hovers around 60kmpl on highway.
Old 4th November 2015, 14:49   #15
BHPian

Thanks for the detail review. My Sx4 (D) is exactly at 2000 RPM @ 80 RPM. Quite shocked to see Ciaz gear ratios, climbing only 1600 RPM@ 80Km/hr. Perhaps the reason for CIAZ for great mileage, apart from shedding weight.

Most Viewed