Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 21:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

Where was it serviced? Mudfort center or Bowenpalli? I believe there's one at LB Nagar too.

Of late, I've been visiting Vibrant Ford at Sanat Nagar, because driving through Begumpet has become a hassle. I am happy with them too.

I normally take the car to the center and speak in person to the S.A. I availed their pick up and drop service only once.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:01   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
What is your opinion of the headlights of this car? I'm getting the Figo hatch back automatic for my 78 year old dad. Besides having the auto, I am thinking of doing a light upgrade on the car. Have you considered upgrading the light to say, HIDs, or do you think the stock lights are sufficient? Do you know what kind of bulb it takes?
Thanks for your informative review!
Headlights of Aspire is quite average. Not great nor is it too bad...

Spread and throw is pretty good but, the brightness or depth is not there. I think it is fine for me but, might not be sufficient for elderly people

HID's would be an expensive option but, if you have the budget they would be really good

Economic option is to change the stock 55/60 bulbs to 90/100 (Osram/Phillips Night Vision) with an alternator which can be accomplished in INR 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Where was it serviced? Mudfort center or Bowenpalli? I believe there's one at LB Nagar too.
Yes. There are 3 service centers and I chose Mudfort as its the closest from home ( actually around 10kms) and their service was impeccable

Keeping my fingers crossed that this run continues

Btw, they tried to sell me under-body coating for INR 3,900/- I declined as I don't find it a mandatory implementation.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:08   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Btw, they tried to sell me under-body coating for INR 3,900/- I declined as I don't find it a mandatory implementation.
I got it done at 3M for the same cost. They do a far better job, and offer free inspection and top up once a year for 5 years.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 23:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blue Bombardier becomes the first car that I ever owned to get a H.S.R.P
Nice. Is this the telangana series. What does the S in TS stand for?
Old 7th November 2015, 07:58   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Nice. Is this the telangana series. What does the S in TS stand for?
TS stands for "Telangana State"

We are so used to AP that this new nomenclature is hard to get used both in reading and viewing format. I reckon it will take a year for me to get used to it. But, for now I dislike this new series
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 08:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

I had thought that it would be TG or TL.

Now it looks like a European series car. All u need is a dash of yellow.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 08:45   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Blue Bombardier becomes the first car that I ever owned to get a H.S.R.P
Congrats Avi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hey .. isn't it supposed to have some security hologram, this looks like a normal plate except the 'IND' sign?
The hologram is faintly visible in that picture. May be a direct picture will show the hologram.

Here's what my car has:

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_20151107_073123.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by goacom View Post
I am thinking of doing a light upgrade on the car. Have you considered upgrading the light to say, HIDs, or do you think the stock lights are sufficient? Do you know what kind of bulb it takes?
For the headlight upgrade I can think of 3 options:

Option 1: Whatever is the stock headlamp, change to a better 60/55W bulb like (Philips Xtreme Vision or Osram Night breaker). No issues with warranty with this upgrade.

Option 2: HID's will need projector setup to spread the light evenly throughout without harming the incoming vehicles. Will void your electrical warranty.

Option 3: Get Philips/Hella Rally in 100/90W bulbs and a wiring harness from Hella/Minda/Roots. Best VFM option but there is a 50% chance of electrical warranty going void. This is a plug and play unit with no splicing or tampering the original wiring harness.

This is what I use in my Swift ZDi since 15000 kms, no issues whatsoever.

Bulbs: Philips Rally (100/90W): Costs 400 bucks a pair;
Wiring Harness: From Hella that accepts bulbs upto 130/100W setup. This harness contains: double-fuse, double-relay with Ceramic Sockets.

Link for bulbs:

Philips Rally headlamp bulbs

Link for the Harness:
Hella Harness for H4 bulbs

I have extensively experimented and used Option 1 & 3. Of which I am highly satisfied and recommend the Option 3. It is the best one and highly VFM. If you have any issues at a later stage, just remove the harness and re-fit your OEM harness.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:11   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hey .. isn't it supposed to have some security hologram, this looks like a normal plate except the 'IND' sign?
Deep. Here is a close-up picture of the HSRP. It does have the security hologram
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

Old 9th November 2015, 15:43   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Deep. Here is a close-up picture of the HSRP. It does have the security hologram
Hey .. thanks!
After Anurag pointed out, I had a re-look at your picture, it did show a faint impression at the corner.
I think it was the angle of that pic rather than size that was the culprit.
Old 21st November 2015, 13:42   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Car is doing absolutely fine and is nearing the 3000kms mark ( I haven't been driving it a lot lately due to travel and work related reasons)

I wanted to check with other Aspire owners of a minor irritant. When I stop the car and switch off the ignition the front doors are unlocked but, when someone wants to get in the back-seat or open rear doors, the doors remain locked. I need to lean back and open it or unlock from the key to steering column and that is not easy as the unlock button faces the dashboard side

Is there a solution to this issue?

Also, iam pleasantly surprised by Ford's customer service. I might have got atleast 2 survey calls post buying the car and 2 after my 1st service asking about how I feel about their service

Other than above, I get atleast 2 text messages/week with some tips and tricks on car maintenance. I like their gesture but, I cannot stop myself from giggling when I see immaturity of their messages ;an example below (maybe they think every buyer is a 1st time buyer)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-tips.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st November 2015 at 13:43.
Old 21st November 2015, 15:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:

I wanted to check with other Aspire owners of a minor irritant. When I stop the car and switch off the ignition the front doors are unlocked but, when someone wants to get in the back-seat or open rear doors, the doors remain locked. I need to lean back and open it or unlock from the key to steering column and that is not easy as the unlock button faces the dashboard side

@mobike008: You may check Page # 34 of Aspire's Owner Manual. It describes locking mechanism for car.

Happy to know that you are enjoying Aspire.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-screenshot_20151121151619.png  

Last edited by aeroamit : 21st November 2015 at 15:20. Reason: Added screenshot
aeroamit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 15:25   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Avi, I didn't quite understand the irritant. Are you asking how to unlock all doors since there is no door unlock button? To do that you need to pull the driver door handle half way. Fully pulling it will open the driver door but just a half pull will unlock all doors.

Alternately I don't know if the Aspire has this feature and your's is enabled but there is an option by which only the front driver door opens with one click on the remote. A second click on the remote is needed to unlock all doors. This feature is programmable.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 20:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, iam pleasantly surprised by Ford's customer service. I might have got atleast 2 survey calls post buying the car and 2 after my 1st service asking about how I feel about their service

Other than above, I get atleast 2 text messages/week with some tips and tricks on car maintenance. I like their gesture but, I cannot stop myself from giggling when I see immaturity of their messages ;an example below (maybe they think every buyer is a 1st time buyer)
I'm surprised that I haven't got a single call or msg from Ford yet. Not before I got the car - not later. Maybe the dealer hasn't updated my mobile number with them.
Old 21st November 2015, 21:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I'm surprised that I haven't got a single call or msg from Ford yet. Not before I got the car - not later. Maybe the dealer hasn't updated my mobile number with them.
Check with dealer they must have goofed up, luckily my number was entered correct, email ID and car type was all wrong.

Answering your query from another Aspire review thread, Ford my owners app does not have Aspire listed and they don't seem to be bothered to update it coz it has being probably developed by Australian team.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 10:55   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
@mobike008: You may check Page # 34 of Aspire's Owner Manual. It describes locking mechanism for car.
Thanks for the screenshot. Honestly speaking, I haven't even opened the owners manual till date

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Happy to know that you are enjoying Aspire.
Oh yeah! It's super fun to drive and that's what I like about driving cars. If it ain't FTD then it ain't for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Avi, I didn't quite understand the irritant. Are you asking how to unlock all doors since there is no door unlock button? To do that you need to pull the driver door handle half way. Fully pulling it will open the driver door but just a half pull will unlock all doors.
Thanks Viddy. You answered it. I didn't knew that pulling the door lever half-way will open all 4 doors

I believe the screenshot of Aspire manual posted by aeroamit depicts the same (B)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Alternately I don't know if the Aspire has this feature and your's is enabled but there is an option by which only the front driver door opens with one click on the remote. A second click on the remote is needed to unlock all doors. This feature is programmable.
I am quite sure this feature is there. One click-only driver door opens and double click- all 4 doors open ( It was there in my previous car)

Will check this today and report back

Quote:
I reckon this is dealer specific (service specific calls and 2 times after car purchase). Mody Ford has turned out to be excellent till date

Also forgot to mention, last week I received a call from Ford Call Center (0124-prefix numbers, assuming its from Gurgaon) requesting me to take a survey and asked roughly 6-7 questions and asked me to rate from 1-5 on those questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Answering your query from another Aspire review thread, Ford my owners app does not have Aspire listed and they don't seem to be bothered to update it coz it has being probably developed by Australian team.
Downloaded the iOS version and promptly deleted it as it seemed like a useless app.

Most Viewed