Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 20:55   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Now that you brought it up, would love to know the difference ( if you have read the manual in detail...i.e.)
Well last 3 days, I drove my Figo with Economy mode off, didn't find major difference in city but on highway I felt little punch in the engine. May be its just my over imagination, but I thoroughly enjoyed that revving sound of the lungs under hood. Man I love that engine.
Old 31st January 2016, 08:57   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

BHPian Vnabhi who owns a couple of Ford cars recommended a car accessory store who is located right outside his home. So visited them yesterday and while we both enjoyed some hot samosa followed by a Lassi next door, bulbs were fixed. Impressed with quick work !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The aftermarket reverse sensors are an easy fitment Avi and almost all roadside accessory shops install it nowadays. They tap the power connections from the reverse light of the tail lamp (and a nearby nut for GND) so ensure that they don't splice the stock cable.
I ordered the reverse sensors from eBay and it will arrive later this week. But, I happened to see an exact same reverse sensor with accessory store and he was quoting Rs. 1500 including installation ( I bought for 800 + 400 installation charges quoted by this store)

Ok, what he was saying is that they will just splice the top layer of stock wire and attached this wire to copper wire and tape it back. He assured me it will be a wee bit splice and wont be a problem and he has worked with many Ford cars

Not much price difference from online + offline purchase. Should have bought and fixed at this store itself

Will take the risk and go ahead next weekend

Quote:
The cables from the rear bumper to the front dash is routed either through the gap between the headliner and the ceiling (for displays integrated with the rear view mirror which is clipped to the stock IRVM) or through the door sill trims (for separate digital displays). Not a major work - might take 2 hours tops. Ensure that they space out the sensors properly on the rear bumper and cut the holes after measurement.
Sure. I will ensure this process is carried out smoothly. This store seems to know what they are doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Avi,for the horns the new endy comes with those trumpet type horns.You can try to get it installed at the FASS. In that way you don't loose out on warranty.
I reached out to Mody Ford for these 3 items and he mentioned will revert in 30 minutes and texted me saying Horn and Lights they cannot replace as warranty will "collapse" .....and quoted Rs.2900 for reverse sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
It's from ebay.com, so delivery might take 1 month (from china).
Thanks. But, will wait for some owners to use this for sometime and perhaps use this product as an upgrade. Till then conservative model !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Surprised with the Horn feedback, I am now habituated with the high pitched volume of the horn on my Aspire which constantly seeps into the cabin every time I honk and it has in some ways disciplined me to use it only when needed. Pedestrians and other vehicles definitely get alerted with the horn sound, maybe it would be advisable to check with service center folks once.
KG. I think your right. Don't know why I felt the horn was weak. When used from inside the car, it does sound feeble but, yesterday was checking horn after standing out. It was decent but, the sound is pathetic. I love that roots/minda/hella sound

Btw, Aspire comes with 2 stock horns affixed on front radiator grille. One is at top and another at bottom. It's a simple matter of replacing them with new horns?

NO...It was not that simple. I was told due to HSRP, they need to remove the front number plate, remove the bumper and then affix the new horns

Store owner himself recommended not to change it as horn is decently loud. But, he said if I insist, he can do it in a jiffy

Didn't take the decision. Still pondering......

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For the headlights I'll recommend Philips Rally (100/90W) and Hella wiring harness that can withstand bulbs upto a rating of 130/100W. I'm using this setup since long and there is deformation or reflector problems tool now. A totally reversible modification where the is no splicing or touching of the OEM wiring harness. Regarding the fog lamps, I guess your car would be having a H8 35W. You can upgrade it to H11 with a rating of 55W. This requires a minor modification IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
I had used the 100/90 W Philips Rally bulbs on my Baleno in the past, installed with a cut out. The results were better for a while. Then due to the extra heat, the headlight lenses clouded up and within a couple of months it was worse than before the headlight upgrade. I would not advise anyone to move up on wattage. Once the lenses get clouded up, it is VERY difficult to restore them.
Thanks Guys. I had a quick chat with Viddy and he mentioned that all 90/100 from popular brands are good quality and I can't go wrong with any of them. So I was presented with 4 choices (pic below) and a good quality Phillips relay and wiring harness

Choose the Hella 90w/100W and now it remains to be tested.

Price quoted for hella bulbs (700 a pair) + wiring harness = INR 1,750/- but, due to Vnabhi, I finally paid INR 1,500/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nit787 View Post
Well last 3 days, I drove my Figo with Economy mode off, didn't find major difference in city but on highway I felt little punch in the engine. May be its just my over imagination, but I thoroughly enjoyed that revving sound of the lungs under hood. Man I love that engine.
Yeah, I think its more of imagination. Yup, revving it is fun. Anymore not revving the engine of Aspire TDCi is not doing it justice
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-img_8786.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st January 2016 at 11:03. Reason: forgot to mention the pricing....
mobike008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 15:23   #123
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Guys. I had a quick chat with Viddy and he mentioned that all 90/100 from popular brands are good quality and I can't go wrong with any of them. So I was presented with 4 choices (pic below) and a good quality Phillips relay and wiring harness

Choose the Hella 90w/100W and now it remains to be tested.

Price quoted for hella bulbs (700 a pair) + wiring harness = INR 1,750/- but, due to Vnabhi, I finally paid INR 1,500/-
Hi mobike, was the wiring kit a plug and play upgrade? Is it completely reversible?

How has the lighting improved after the upgrade?
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 21:00   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Hi mobike, was the wiring kit a plug and play upgrade? Is it completely reversible?
Yes. It was a plug and plug wiring kit of really good quality ( as you can see from the picture) and since it was just joined to original wiring, it is completely reversible

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
How has the lighting improved after the upgrade?
Lights have improved considerably. I am really happy with this upgrade. Both the reach and spread have improved to a large extent and now it should be much more comfortable to drive at night

Below is a brief test in city early this evening.

I am driving deep into the forests of Warangal next weekend and that is where these new lights would be put to real test. Do look out for that report....Cheers!

Low Beam

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-low-beam.jpg

High Beam

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-high-beam.jpg

Low Beam + Fog Lamps

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-low-beam-fog-lamps.jpg

High Beam + Fog Lamps

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-high-beam-fog-lamps.jpg

Front View

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-front-view_lights.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 31st January 2016 at 21:08.
mobike008 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 15:48   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Called the accessory store and enquired if he was free and he asked me to drop in and I drove down ( 20 mins drive) and 3 people pounced on the car (literally)

2 guys nicely measured the distance of sensors and drilled the holes and were fixing the sensors and I guy removed the front door sill/cushion and fixed the wiring

It was a lovely team effort and neat work done for the price paid. It works like a charm and beep sound is quite loud when gear is slotted in reverse...Overall good product !!!

Quote:
Not a major work - might take 2 hours tops.
You wont believe this. I timed the work. From handing over the box ( ordered from Amazon) to finishing the work took them exactly 25 minutes

Total Dent to Pocket : Rs.800 + Rs. 400 = Rs. 1200
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-1.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-2.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-3.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-4.jpg  

Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-5.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:51   #126
Senior - BHPian

Avi,did you replace the Blue Bombardier's horn? I feel the stock ones sound a bit meek.
Old 11th February 2016, 10:57   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

How are the reverse sensors performing ?

Do they get confused when there are more than 2 objects while backing up ?
Old 14th February 2016, 02:18   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Avi,did you replace the Blue Bombardier's horn? I feel the stock ones sound a bit meek.
Not Yet Rakesh. When I was trying to change it I got to know that it's not a easy installation as it would require the front grille and bumper to be removed to replace the stock horn

Accessory store offered to do it. But, I decided against it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
How are the reverse sensors performing ?

Do they get confused when there are more than 2 objects while backing up ?
Nope Karan. I haven't faced this issue yet. Will keep a closer look-out on this possible issue and report back here if it happens
Old 24th February 2016, 08:27   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

6 Months and 9000kms completed

BB runs smoothly and without a single hiccup. I'm totally enjoying driving this lovely car.

Day before, I stopped at a place and folks standing out pointed to my rear right wheel that there is a small nail in tyre. I decided not to remove as it will deflate the tyre

Drove back home which was nearly 35kms away and parked the car without any problems and decided to fix the issue next day as it was little late in evening

Next morning, noticed the tyre deflated to some extent. Got the stephey fixed and repaired the puncture due to that small nail

Impressed with tyre, as I was fearing it might have deflated during my drive back home but, that didn't happen

Cheers to Yokohoma and Aspire
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold-fullsizerender.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th February 2016 at 08:29.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 21:57   #130
BHPian

A bit late to the party, but nevertheless congratulations mobike008 on the new car! A bit sad to hear that the ford aspire has lost the steering feel of yester-years. First the ecosport, and now the aspire/figo. I owned a ford ikon 1.6 for 10 years, and it had one of the best steerings that you could find in an Indian car.

On a side note, any comments on the third party HUD unit that you purchased? Do you feel it worth the investment, especially in terms of giving you all the information you need without looking down much?
anandpkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 17:17   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpkumar View Post
A bit late to the party, but nevertheless congratulations mobike008 on the new car! A bit sad to hear that the ford aspire has lost the steering feel of yester-years. First the ecosport, and now the aspire/figo. I owned a ford ikon 1.6 for 10 years, and it had one of the best steerings that you could find in an Indian car
Thanks!

While I agree that previous gen fords where much better at steering feel than current gen fords but, honestly speaking it is not that bad.

Infact, new gen fords still are much better than any other competition cars you compare in same segment. The fun I get from Aspire in a way is much more than from a bigger segment car like Cruze ( or almost comparable to it)...and this is not just due to a powerful engine but, also taking into account its dynamics of ride/handling along with steering feel

So let's not completely take away their credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpkumar View Post
On a side note, any comments on the third party HUD unit that you purchased? Do you feel it worth the investment, especially in terms of giving you all the information you need without looking down much?
I have not installed any third party HUD. I think your mistaken for some reason.

My car is stock except for reverse sensor and new bulbs that I installed a few weeks ago
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 19:20   #132
BHPian

Quote:
honestly speaking it is not that bad.

Infact, new gen fords still are much better than any other competition cars you compare in same segment. The fun I get from Aspire in a way is much more than from a bigger segment car like Cruze ( or almost comparable to it)
Great to know that the driving dynamics is not all lost. I have driven the ecosport a few times, and that had left me disappointed. Of course, you cannot compare an ecosport with a sedan such as aspire, but its comforting to know that the current crop of ford sedans still retain their driving dynamics.

Quote:
I have not installed any third party HUD. I think your mistaken for some reason.
My bad; I was under the impression that you had purchased a Heads up Display unit for your car, while in fact it was another forum member in a different thread. Apologies for the confusion.

Enjoy your ride.....

Best,
anandpkumar
Old 26th February 2016, 02:10   #133
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Got the stephey fixed and repaired the puncture due to that small nail

Impressed with tyre, as I was fearing it might have deflated during my drive back home but, that didn't happen

Cheers to Yokohoma and Aspire
Nice, you caught the puncture before it ruptured the tyre further. I've installed a full bright tubelight in my building garage (most garages in my building haven't even installed a light) so I can run cursory checks on my car when I return from work in the evenings. By the way, is the right way to repair tubeless tyre punctures nowadays same as earlier? The puncture guy near my home still uses the method where the object is pulled out with pliers and a branch like thing is jammed into the hole which is visible from outside.
Old 26th February 2016, 02:24   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
By the way, is the right way to repair tubeless tyre punctures nowadays same as earlier?
Yes buddy that's how it is done today also.

If I may ask, why have you got that doubt btw?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 02:44   #135
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes buddy that's how it is done today also.

If I may ask, why have you got that doubt btw?
Take a look at this video:

It mentions clearly that this entire procedure is a temporary fix, which is to be used only till you get to the nearest tyre shop to get it 'professionally repaired'. I have personally observed that tyres repaired by this method do not last long, like in my old car i used to have to redo repairs for 2 punctures again and again in the same spot after around 6-12 months. I also notice that the tyre shops never use any lube or sealant like what is mentioned in the video.
mxh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks