Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 23:24   #16
BHPian

re: Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac. EDIT: Now sold

What a beauty, congratulations
I am also planning to buy Aspire but the automatic one. However, the extra features in top end and the torquey diesel engine is pushing my mind to change my decision. Your thread just made me more sure that I should take diesel mannual for the shear pleasure of driving. And as you said, this car is good for city drive too due to low end torque. Good job posting the details.

I had 2 queries - the stock tyres are 165 profile. Doesn't putting in 185 or 195 void the warranty? I am actually going to buy 5 year warranty. Is tyre upgrade a dead necessity?
Second, which all accessories did you buy? Thanks.
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 23:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Just earlier today, I was thinking of putting in a request on the Figo and Aspire threads for photos of either car in blue, given this shade of 'Deep Impact Blue' appears darker than Ford's previous 'Kinetic Blue'. Your thread has helped immensely in seeing how it appears.
Kinetic Blue of Ford Ecosport is very different from Deep Impact Blue of Aspire. I personally like the Deep Impact Blue. Ecosport's blue is a lot more "Bright"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
What is the reason not going for 195/60? What would be pros and cons for this profile.
185 profile will increase the GC by about 10mm. So I reckon my GC now is 184mm as against the stock 174mm. It's a boon

However, I was more keen to go with 195 profiles as it would have given a more taut feeling to car and will also improve the handling even more

However, 195 in Earth were not available anywhere and they wanted me to wait for a week. I had already clocked 100kms in one day so more I drive the exchange value of tyre will take a hit. Hence, took the decision to go with 185 instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
What a beauty, congratulations
I am also planning to buy Aspire but the automatic one. However, the extra features in top end and the torquey diesel engine is pushing my mind to change my decision. Your thread just made me more sure that I should take diesel mannual for the shear pleasure of driving. And as you said, this car is good for city drive too due to low end torque. Good job posting the details.
Thanks Manish. I haven't driven the petrol so would like to reserve my comments against it. But, from what I read, it's not a great engine and is little lack-luster compared to the diesel one

If you enjoy spirited driving and like to have power on tap--Diesel is the car to go for with your eyes closed

Quote:
I had 2 queries - the stock tyres are 165 profile. Doesn't putting in 185 or 195 void the warranty? I am actually going to buy 5 year warranty. Is tyre upgrade a dead necessity?
Ford Figo Aspire stock tyre size is 175/65/R14 and not what you mentioned.

I was made to understand from the dealership that I can go with width of tyre as long as I stay on same rim size ( 14"). Hence, I decided to go for better rubber + 10mm increase in width

In my personal opinion, tyre upgrade is mandatory if your particular about how your car behaves even if it means upgrading tyre's just for less noisy drive ( if not for performance factors)

Since mine is the top-end diesel, I haven't gone in for any accessories immediately. But, will have to get the reverse parking sensor + camera installed.
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 00:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
As Mobike said, upgrading to higher inch rim would void warranty according to Ford. Tyre upgrade should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I haven't driven the petrol so would like to reserve my comments against it. But, from what I read, it's not a great engine and is little lack-luster compared to the diesel one
Mobike, I guess you were referring to 1.2 engine. Manish is planning to take an automatic which is 1.5 litre one. In my opinion it is a very good engine. It never felt unresponsive during my whole test drive and I liked it very much. But still I booked Figo 1.5 TDCI, just for the engine.
krsna777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 09:46   #19
BHPian

Congrats mobike!

Are you planning to change to synthetic oil anytime soon? I believe Ford has been using semisynthetic oil for the 1.5TDCi engines.
Also, they don't recommend an oil change at 1000/2500KM after the run in, which is something that I'm definitely planning to do.

About the car pulling from as low as 1200-1300 RPM, that's because it starts developing boost right from then. In higher gears, it reaches ~3.5PSI by 1300RPM, 7PSI by 1500RPM & 20+PSI by 2000 RPM. Also, fueling is increased proportionally with the boost, unlike some other cars which wait for a certain minimum amount of boost to build up before actually utilizing it. This is what gives this car that linear feel.

I wish there were two maps on this car - the stock one that we have now and another one where the fueling was flat until the car hit 20PSI and then it would go whoooooooooosh!
d3mon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 10:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
Mobike, I guess you were referring to 1.2 engine. Manish is planning to take an automatic which is 1.5 litre one. In my opinion it is a very good engine. It never felt unresponsive during my whole test drive and I liked it very much. But still I booked Figo 1.5 TDCI, just for the engine.
Exactly, this is the dilemma. The 1.5 litre AT is good to drive. However, the diesel is way more fun due to low end torque. Its fun vs practicality for a metro city commute.

I guess we need more information from Figo/Aspire AT owners. I was hoping an official review of AT would come sometime. Moderators
Old 15th October 2015, 10:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Avinash for the pocket rocket.

Downgrading from a Cruze to a CS may sound like a compromise,but I am sure the engine is one of the sole reason you will enjoy the BB.

Congratulations once again and happy mile munching.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Newest entrant to the "FTD" category cars in India

As American as it can get
Congrats on your latest acquisition mobike008 and IMO this is the best shade on Figo Aspire

After driving my 1.6 GT for over a year, I never once experienced the adrenaline rush that this mad hatch gives from any other hatch/sedan for a long time. Figo Aspire TDCI came as a bliss and how.
Not even the Vento/Rapid/GT TDi (1.5 TDIs) gave this feeling and I was bowled over.
All similar thoughts/feelings/opinions coming from a Cruze owner speaks volumes

Incidentally, I happened to tail a Figo TDCI en-route work today and it looked suave from the rear, probably because of the up-sized tires & alloys.

Have you thought about this mobike008 ?

Wish you a very happy & fuss free motoring, because I know you will have dollops of fun behind the wheel of this Blue Bombardier.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:29   #23
BHPian

Congratulations for your new steed. The car looks gorgeous in this colour. Wish you many happy miles with it! The pics of the car are fabulous, btw.
Gosu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:35   #24
BHPian

It's raining ownership reports on Team-bhp of late. Some free time today and I am reading 3rd ownership report for the day. But a hearty congratulations for the car and wish you a many happy miles.
I am myself very impressed with the car after reading the official review and also the ownership reports (not done a TD yet). A dear friend is on the lookout for a car and I am strongly advocating Aspire's case.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 16:10   #25
BHPian

Congratulations for the Ford Mobike sir. Happy and safe mile munching.

Are Yoko Earth-1 available in 195/65/14 size? The dealer catalog didn't mention that size.
Asta_la_vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 16:21   #26

The Aspire seems to tick all the boxes for me as well. Just what i've been looking for. A budget under 10 lakhs, top of the line safety equipment ( 6 airbags is a bonus for any compact sedan at this price point!), a good responsive and powerful engine and a good fuel efficiency. Not to mention the the good looks ( both exterior and well put together interiors) with that Aston Martinenesque grille. Ford definitely seems to have upped the ante by launching two good cars in a short space of time, the other being the new Ford Fiesta .Way to go Ford!!

By the way Mobike, did they have the New Figo Hatchback on display when you went to take delivery of your car? And would you mind sharing the cost OTR for the Aspire.
I live in Hyderabad as well so curious as to what it's gonna cost me.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2015 at 08:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
BlackStinger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 19:27   #27
BHPian

Mobike008,

Firstly, congrats on your new steed! Aspire in blue looks smashing. Here's wishing you many many happy miles in it.

I visited your bonnville thread recently (after a long time) and figured that you had let the bonnie go due to your relocation plans. It didn't seem like it was long ago (December 2014?).

You are back already! (Not that I have a problem ). If this wasn't a long stint, perhaps you could have kept the bonnie, me thinks.

Anyway, welcome back sir. When is your next bike ownership thread coming up??
naut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 20:33   #28
BHPian

Crisp and to the point write up , The diesel engine took me by same surprise during TD just as you have mentioned and I must admit even my consideration for CS segment began only after Honda Amaze came in and It got on my radar after Hyundai Xcent was launched.

The 'Blue Bombardier' is surely going places, wishing you happy miles with the new Figo Aspire.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 20:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car, wishing you miles of happy ownership.

Good to know that changing the tyres has enhanced the handling. How is the real world ground clearance?

Quote:

It's 100 PS at 3750 RPM with a punchy 215Nm of torque that spools in from 1700-3000RPM (official figures-But, I felt the car comes to life from 1200RPM-So don't know why Ford says the torque comes to play from 1700? Anyone can throw some light on this?)

Turbo Diesels have a torque plateau, which is a wide range over which it produces the maximum torque. That doesn't mean that the car has no torque before, it's only increasing till the peak value.

Generally for Diesels without lag, you could expect it to have major farction of the maximum torque at lower RPMs. (Medium Turbo Boost) If there's a lot of Turbo lag (as in the Cruze), a minor fraction of peak torque is produced at lower RPM. (Low Turbo Boost)

Your engine could be producing 70-80% of the maximum torque at 1200 RPM.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 15th October 2015 at 20:48.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 22:06   #30

Hey tha'ts a nice choice for people who prefer a quality car at a decent price. I would like to see the pic of the car and its stance with its Yoko 185/65/R14. I have them on my Ford Fiesta classic 1.6 and the stance the drive quality is excellent. That is a wise choice for tires. I feel that my ride height has gone up a bit as I don't find my car having under chassis hits while crossing huge speed bumps that we usually come across after the upsize.
WCHURCHIL is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks