Team-BHP - "My 2015 Maruti Ciaz ZDI - 1,33,000 km completed : Now Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   "My 2015 Maruti Ciaz ZDI - 1,33,000 km completed : Now Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/170294-my-2015-maruti-ciaz-zdi-1-33-000-km-completed-now-sold-7.html)

Pristine look Prasanna dada. Awesome.

Did you do a EGR Valve & Intercooler Cleaning during the 30k or 40k service?

What is it? How much does it cost you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDee (Post 4235670)
Pristine look Prasanna dada. Awesome.

Did you do a EGR Valve & Intercooler Cleaning during the 30k or 40k service?

What is it? How much does it cost you?

Thanks!

I did intercooler cleaning at 20k. It was cheap, 800 bucks or something nearer to that.

Update:
Odo: 40350 km
Ciaz resting at garage as my Kwid 1.0 is doing my daily duties.

Hello Prasanna,
I was on the look out for change from my trusty old Fusion which had clocked 1.85 Lakhs and started emitting black smoke on acceleration. My search for suitable replacement however lead utter confusion. Your review however changed everything- especially your experience in Kalhatti ghat. And thus arrived Ciaz diesel Alpha in Brown. Doing great but have certain issues that I hoped you could throw some light on - seat position which is giving me a pain in the upper back and seat belt buckle very low and hard to find automatically.
Pointers to solve these would make it more enjoyable.
Thanks in advance,
Rajaram

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkeelar (Post 4247907)
you could throw some light on - seat position which is giving me a pain in the upper back and seat belt buckle very low and hard to find automatically.
Pointers to solve these would make it more enjoyable.
Thanks in advance,
Rajaram

Hi Rajaram,
Thanks!

Very glad that my review was of use to you! Congrats on the Ciaz!

I have not experienced any back pain so far. I am 6'2, and i keep the seat height at the lowest and legroom at 90% travel(to the back). I keep a healthy recline angle(not too relaxed nor upright).

I guess you need to find which permutation of seat setting fits you the best.

Update:
Odo: 42000 km

August saw very less running (500 km) since I had been using my kwid and Duke 390. I have sold the 390, and hence, Ciaz has become the daily runner, again!

Stock Goodyear Assurance 185/65-R15 has worn 90%, and I did not want to risk it, as I drive 60% on highways at good speeds.

I wanted to upgrade to Continental CC5 205/65-R15. I already have the same tyre in my(bro's) Polo 1.6 GT, and I always felt the steering has become heavier after the upgrade. Moreover, the 205/65 is taller than the 185/65 by a good one inch. So, decided to not go for it.

Bought Continental MC5 195/60-R15, a slight upsize. The contis are silent on the highway as compared to stock tyres. Each tyre costed me 5500 bucks. I also feel that the ride quality has become more cushy (ciaz already has a very impressive ride).

Here is a pic of both old and new tyre besides each other. I was surprised how worn out my old tyre was, which I actually though would last 5000 more km.

Odo update : 43,500 km

Ciaz is the daily driver. So usage is 100km a day easily.

Ayudha pooja today

Anyone knows a good place for Ciaz DRL lights in Delhi NCR? Also thinking of a few more modifications in the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDee (Post 4287798)
Anyone knows a good place for Ciaz DRL lights in Delhi NCR? Also thinking of a few more modifications in the car.

Willing to go to Gurgaon? If yes, visit Auto Zone, opposite Payal cinema near Atul Kataria Chowk, owned by Gagan Batra, a close friend and a recommended shopkeeper for such work. He also has a store at Green Park but parking is an issue if are a novice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4287926)
Willing to go to Gurgaon? If yes, visit Auto Zone, opposite Payal cinema near Atul Kataria Chowk, owned by Gagan Batra, a close friend and a recommended shopkeeper for such work. He also has a store at Green Park but parking is an issue if are a novice.

Can you msg me any contact number?

Odo update: 45,000 km :)

Been flawless so far. Very happy with the Ciaz.

Cheers Prasanna. I too have similar feeling for Ciaz at 31k odo.

Update:

Odo 45,800 km

Having sold my bike, and having parked my kwid at the last in my garage, ciaz is being used for everything.

Odo update : 46,100km
Ciaz munching miles like its nobody's business. :)

I think I will start 2018 with 50k on odo.

Hi all,

Update after a long time!

Crossed 50000 milestone :)

Done with the 50k service.
Current odo reading : 50030 km

I sternly told the service executive not to add in unwanted additional services and to do what is mandatory alone.

It got me a bill that has been the lowest among all oil services of my Ciaz. A mere 6301 rupees. I also got 300 rupees discount as a valentine's day discount :D

1000+ km in last ten days.

Odo- 51,026 km