Team-BHP - "My 2015 Maruti Ciaz ZDI - 1,33,000 km completed : Now Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   "My 2015 Maruti Ciaz ZDI - 1,33,000 km completed : Now Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/170294-my-2015-maruti-ciaz-zdi-1-33-000-km-completed-now-sold-9.html)

Odo update: 58,000 km done!

Dada, how about the engine sound? I feel that the sound has increased over the period of time. your views?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDee (Post 4409251)
Dada, how about the engine sound? I feel that the sound has increased over the period of time. your views?

I notice a small increase of sound when the turbo kicks in. Had it at 30k km too, but it was back to normal after EGR cleaning. Other than that the NVH remains the same.

Also Dada, do you see black smoke coming out when you push the accelator 100%? Normally it does not show up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDee (Post 4409695)
Also Dada, do you see black smoke coming out when you push the accelator 100%? Normally it does not show up.

Nopes, none so far. I also have a friend who has a 60k run ciaz without any black smoke or sound.

Update:

Odo: 59,000 km

Hello Prasanna,
Thanks to you, I have finally found the right seat position at last. Back aches are a thing of the past. I am now enjoying the car on long drives! (done 14+K KMs done)
The original Tyre was Apollo Allnac and one of them has developed a bulge. On complaining to MASS, tyre was taken to Appollo dealership and rejected with a statement "No Manufacturing Defect". I was also informed by the MASS people that this issue is common with a lot of Appollo shod cars!. I have escalated the matter to Maruti Suzuki with a hope.
Your thread is unfolding like a good serial !!
It has boosted my confidence in the car, get over initial negative feelings (build quality, etc., etc.,) and a source of information on how to make the best out of car. (I also read your post appreciating Khalil Gibran's quote on the thread on Baleno!!!!)

Incidentally, I also own an Ignis which is primarily my commute car (bought out of desperation in not being able to manage Ciaz well in traffic and the back ache).

Keep us all posted.

I look forward to more tales of the Ciaz.

Thanks
Rajaram

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana (Post 4411640)
Update:

Odo: 59,000 km

Do you keep the SVHS thingy on? Have you tried it with off and noticed how much difference is there in the FE?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4416089)
Do you keep the SVHS thingy on? Have you tried it with off and noticed how much difference is there in the FE?

Mine is a 2015 July version, Non-SHVS!
An SHVS ciaz would give 0.5-1kmpl more.

Update : 60,000 km done!

Going for the 60k service tomorrow.

60,000 km service done!

Odo- 60,250 km

Damages to the wallet - 8432 rupees

Ciaz ready to munch another 10000 km like a boss!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstlnt (Post 4405136)
Is this issue, a common one for others too ? or should I escalate to Maruti ? Suggestions please please:

Nopes, I am hearing such an issue for the first time. There are 4 ciazes in my friends and family circle. None of them had this issue.

Just ask the dealer to replace the handles.

Hello Prasanna,
My car had developed clunking noise while braking. On taking it to MASS, I was told that the brake pads had worn out and needed to be replaced. It has done 14.75 K KMs,so I asked them to do the 15 K Kms service as well.
Is it normal for the brake pads to wear out so soon?
In my earlier car, brake pads would last 30~40K KMS min.
THanks
Rajaram

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkeelar (Post 4418694)
Hello Prasanna,
It has done 14.75 K KMs,so I asked them to do the 15 K Kms service as well.
Is it normal for the brake pads to wear out so soon?

Rajaram

Might be OT:OT, but I'm intrigued, what is 15k KM service? AFAIK services are every 10k KM/1 Yr whichever is earlier.

I was confused myself when the service adviser mentioned the 15K KM service. He clarified that it is optional to get the car serviced every 5 K KMs ( perhaps, a quick buck act. BTW, the billed amount was Rs4200 including pad replacement+labor+special inspection(???:Shockked:) + GST+whatnot:)

I shall not succumb to this (optional service) again.

But my concern was pad wear. (old pads were returned;had scouring in the middle, wonder what caused it)

Thanks
Rajaram