Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 13:06   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2015 Honda Jazz V CVT (Automatic)

Hi Girish,
My cousin is considering the cvt for his parents.
How is the ingress - egress for older people. Is it comfortable for them to get in and get out, and for travelling long distances.

For the driver side also.

Regards,
Samarth Shetty
Old 14th March 2016, 18:11   #62
BHPian

Guys,

A small update.

Crossed 6000 km last week.

Did a Pune-Mira Road (Mumbai) 160+ km drive in the morning. Left home at 5:45 am and reached at 8:35 am with a small nature call break. Cool!
First 115 km it gave FE of 23 kmpl (MID not tank-to-tank) for the full 160+ km it gave FE of 22.0 kmpl!

Also, as a trial, since last 4~6 weeks I have been using Speed Petrol. The average does not seem to have increased much. However, the pickup has increased perceptibly. In my previous car (Honda City) the pickup had increased and the average had gone up by 1 kmpl!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 08:22   #63
BHPian

Girish Sir,
Its wonderful to know the kind of FE you are being able to extract from your Jazz.Simply superb!

I am going to show your above post to my Dad and try to convince him to go for it and no other car .
rosaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 15:27   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Girish Sir,
Its wonderful to know the kind of FE you are being able to extract from your Jazz.Simply superb!

I am going to show your above post to my Dad and try to convince him to go for it and no other car .
Dear rosaf,

I am sorry - I missed this post - somehow or other.
Thanks for the nice words.

Note: I got maybe 1 kmpl less on my 2006 manual Honda City ZX VTEC!

I will strongly recommend this car to one and all.

However, I still suggest that the best method is to take a longish test drive and make sure it is your decision and not an implementation of my suggestion!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 11:37   #65
BANNED

@ GKMahajan

Kindly let me know your feedback regarding:

1. Head lights
2. Air Conditioner

Thanks

Krish

Last edited by krish-iitm : 12th April 2016 at 11:38. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 12th April 2016, 13:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
@ GKMahajan

Kindly let me know your feedback regarding:

1. Head lights
2. Air Conditioner

Thanks

Krish
Dear krish-iitm,

Head lights: I use the low beam - maybe 90%+ of the time. I have driven in city conditions and also on highways. I am totally comfortable with the visibility. If you have a specific concern, then please feel free to say so.

Air conditioner: My Honda City 2006 model had a good AC. This is even better. Since it is an Automatic version (I am using that for the first time), I have to do zilch! I keep it at 24~26 C. It has responded very well even when the outside temperature has varied from 9 C to 35 C. Most of the time I am alone in the car. However, even with 4 persons in the car, the AC cools real fast. When the car was new, I would land up checking to see if it is ON or not - totally silent. In a very hot car, at the start the blower goes to full for some time. That is the only time you can say that you can hear the AC. Otherwise, it is totally silent.

By the way, are you from IITM? I am from IITB - 1985 B.Tech. Met.

Girish Mahajan
Old 12th April 2016, 13:36   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear krish-iitm,

Head lights: I use the low beam - maybe 90%+ of the time. I have driven in city conditions and also on highways. I am totally comfortable with the visibility. If you have a specific concern, then please feel free to say so.

Air conditioner: My Honda City 2006 model had a good AC. This is even better. Since it is an Automatic version (I am using that for the first time), I have to do zilch! I keep it at 24~26 C. It has responded very well even when the outside temperature has varied from 9 C to 35 C. Most of the time I am alone in the car. However, even with 4 persons in the car, the AC cools real fast. When the car was new, I would land up checking to see if it is ON or not - totally silent. In a very hot car, at the start the blower goes to full for some time. That is the only time you can say that you can hear the AC. Otherwise, it is totally silent.

By the way, are you from IITM? I am from IITB - 1985 B.Tech. Met.

Girish Mahajan
Mr. Girish,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Almost decided to go for Jazz V Automatic. Will update ...

Yes, I am from IIT,Chennai . 1992 M.Tech Civil

Krish
krish-iitm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 09:35   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
Mr. Girish,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Almost decided to go for Jazz V Automatic. Will update ...

Yes, I am from IIT,Chennai . 1992 M.Tech Civil

Krish
Dear Krish,

Congrats on your decision (almost)

My opinion: don't waste time - just do it!
Looking forward to seeing your feedback / review.

Girish Mahajan
Old 15th April 2016, 18:06   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Hi Girish,
My cousin is considering the cvt for his parents.
How is the ingress - egress for older people. Is it comfortable for them to get in and get out, and for travelling long distances.

For the driver side also.

Regards,
Samarth Shetty
Dear Samarth Shetty,

Sorry and sorry again! I do not know HOW I missed this....

Maybe your cousin has already decided. If not, consider my opinion: The ingress and egress is very easy because the door really 'opens' very well. The seats are on the lower side. So if the old people are also tall, then they will have to sit 'down'.

However, please note, it is just fantastic for long distance travel. The seats are so comfortable, that I have not even bothered to add covers.

Girish Mahajan
Old 16th April 2016, 11:27   #70
BHPian

Small update:

My wife called up the dealership and booked a 6 month servicing appointment for next Saturday, 23 April 2016. The driver will pickup at 9:00 am.
I am planning to get Honda Connect installed.

Anybody with any suggestions?

Girish Mahajan
Old 18th April 2016, 19:05   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Small update:

My wife called up the dealership and booked a 6 month servicing appointment for next Saturday, 23 April 2016. The driver will pickup at 9:00 am.
I am planning to get Honda Connect installed.

Anybody with any suggestions?

Girish Mahajan
Hi Girish Sir,

Picked up the Jazz automatic on Friday.
Had gotten Honda connect installed prior to taking delivery but have hardly driven the car around till now.

Will post further details about this device soon once I start using my car on a more regular basis.

By the way - Any particular precautions I need to follow for the first few months? Do modern cars actually need to be run in?
Aditya_1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 09:25   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_1987 View Post
Hi Girish Sir,

Picked up the Jazz automatic on Friday.
Had gotten Honda connect installed prior to taking delivery but have hardly driven the car around till now.

Will post further details about this device soon once I start using my car on a more regular basis.

By the way - Any particular precautions I need to follow for the first few months? Do modern cars actually need to be run in?
Dear Aditya_1987,

I have heard both versions - you need 1000 km run in and that you do not need anything like that!
My suggestion is to be safe rather than be sorry. Be patient for 1000 km. Anyway, the CVT ensures that the rpm is in check. So, now I have done almost 7000 km and I have rarely felt the need to make the rpm 'shoot'.

Just enjoy the ride - drive safely!

Girish Mahajan
Old 19th April 2016, 20:26   #73
BHPian

Hi Mr. Girish,

I've read your entire review that you have painstakingly put up for fellow t-bhpians and thank you for providing answers to almost all questions that came up while considering purchasing the Jazz CVT. I am purchasing it for my mother. Please tell me how good are the paddle shifters on the highway. Do they really make the transmission behave like a true manual or its just a marketing gimmick bh the company? Also, how is the performance of the vehicle while overtaking? I mean, does it feel sluggish while overtaking?

Buying a VCVT Silver one.
Thunderlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 12:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderlover View Post
Hi Mr. Girish,

I've read your entire review that you have painstakingly put up for fellow t-bhpians and thank you for providing answers to almost all questions that came up while considering purchasing the Jazz CVT. I am purchasing it for my mother. Please tell me how good are the paddle shifters on the highway. Do they really make the transmission behave like a true manual or its just a marketing gimmick bh the company? Also, how is the performance of the vehicle while overtaking? I mean, does it feel sluggish while overtaking?

Buying a VCVT Silver one.
Dear Thunderlover,

Thank you for the compliments.

Actually, for all practical purposes, the acceleration on the highways is more than enough. The CVT takes care. However, for 'spirited' overtaking, the paddle shifters do 'magic'. The rpm shoots and the car really 'pulls'. For 'racing car' dynamics you can use the 'S' mode and paddle shifters. Jazz behaves as if you have a manual car with about 7 gears!

Mind you - I do not recommend that kind of driving.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 12:47   #75
BHPian

Congratulations Girish on your new ride.

Excellent review. Duly rated 5 stars. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car.

Also great to see the excellent FE figures that you are getting. This should only get better after a few services at least in city.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks