Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 23:28   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!

Why this review: Our Honda Jazz completes 6 years in 4 months time. I thought about writing this long term owner's review after noticing that there aren't many long term reviews on this delightful little car. And now that it has been launched in an upgraded version new owners may be interested in knowing what their car could be like in 2021. A disclaimer first in the interests of transparency - I am a Jazz fan - all views stated herein are likely to be biased by the five and half plus years of superb service I have received from the Jazz. Second disclaimer -I have no connection, financial, personal or legal with the Honda company. In over three and a half decades of driving I have owned and driven several cars in India - 12 to be precise. With this experience I can say with hand on heart that the Honda Jazz has been the most reliable and trouble free of all the 12 cars that I have driven since 1979. The next close runner up was the Maruti Zen (the original model) and the Zen is still with the family in an extended way and now in its 14th year. Recently our family population shrunk a bit with some young adults leaving the nest and we had to decide on reducing the cars from 4 to 3. The current stable comprises of Jazz, Volvo XC60, Skoda Superb and Honda Amaze. My family operates like a coalition government where eight members will have nine views and ten disagreements. The toss up was between the Superb and the Jazz. The Jazz won.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-.jpg
The object of discussion. The well behaved baby of our car-parivaar. In 5 plus years we have experienced no niggles or rattles or breakdowns or non-availability of parts. Of the 12 cars I have experienced in three and a half decades the Honda Jazz has been the most trouble free.

First impressions & selection: In 2010 we picked the Jazz to be my daily commuter and the utility hack of the family. I had been following the Jazz in Autocar since 2009 when the model was introduced and was deeply impressed with its wedge shaped design which perfected the use of space with a very modern look. My business is in aviation and aircrafts are designed to utilize each and every millimetre of space as in an aircraft space translates to drag penalty and drag to fuel burn. When I saw the Jazz I thought I saw the influence of aircraft design in the space packaging and the aerodynamic wedge shape. In our stable the Jazz replaced the Opel Corsa which had been my Dhanu rani (aka Sholay) for 10 years previously. The purchasing experience was mediocre at best. Four years later when I purchased the Honda Amaze for my aunt and mother the buying experience had buried itself six feet under. This is Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon. I bought the car despite the dealer as I was clear of what I wanted regardless of the dealers selling acumen.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-b.jpg
Fell in love with the arrow-head looks and did not test or check out any other car while deciding on the Jazz. Note the glass area and the four quarter panes. A word of caution - the Jazz's unconventional looks may not suit the tastes of some while others will find it attractive.

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-b2.jpg
The wheels at the four extremities + the MPV style wedge design+ the semi-tallboy height all contribute immensely to the creation of a surprising volume of space inside. The cabin is relatively quiet compared to other cars in this category (here I am comparing to the Etios, Indigo, Verito)

Our use:Our Jazz is the car that both our drivers and the four young adults in the herd are allowed to drive. So she gets tossed around with multiple driving styles all through the year and happily the wear and tear is barely visible. All 4 youngsters of the family practiced their driving skills on her with the transmission screaming against infantile gear changes and the right pedals being pressed at the wrong time. Twice in this process the car got hurt. The second occasion was a bad side hit which was repaired and the car repainted. But despite all this our arrow shaped Jazz rolls along with the engine as smooth as it was on day one and her looks speak through the pictures. As we use her only within Delhi-NCR and now mainly for chores she does not clock much by way of kms though she gets used every day. We have not used the Jazz for inter-city travel and only rarely for long stretches within Delhi-NCR. So she does ~20 to 25 kms a day.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-c.jpg
She has retained her reliability and steady drive despite being used by multiple drivers each with their unique style which adds to the stress on the machinery

The Jazz is for you if you are looking for a family car, a city car, a vehicle that gives you more car per square foot than any other, a car that maximizes practicality and usefulness and one that gives you reasonable fuel efficiency and maintenance costs. The Jazz is not for you if you are looking for a revvy, peppy, vrroom vrroom type of enthusiasts vehicle that you will swerve around corners and accelerate to 120 kmph on the highway.

Drivability: This is a pleasant and simple car to drive. The drivers position, controls and visibility are ergonomically designed. Its maneuverability is an asset with a small turning radius. Steering is light which does not weigh up at speed. Makes tight turning even when stationary relatively easy. The driver gets excellent 360 degrees of visibility. The quarter windows in the front and at the back along with the wheels positioned at the four extremities of the body, with almost zero overhang, help in demanding turning situations, reversing, tight parking, hill driving et al. View to the rear is superb with the large rear glass, ORVMs and a IRVM. Acceleration is smooth and gear shifts are accurate and swift. It is an ideal car for those moving to their first car or not well experienced with car driving. It is a forgiving machine.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-d1.jpg
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-d2.jpg
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-d3.jpg
All controls close at hand. Comfortable drivers position. First class visibility enhanced by the quarter glass panes at the four quadrants. This is a forgiving car for those on the early stages of their car driving life. I like the CD controls on the steering because I listen to music while self driving.

Engine: The Jazz's engine is a 1200 cc SOHC 16v iVtec engine is rated at 89 BHP . It is packaged compactly into the nose of the car, as the photo shows, thus freeing up more length for the cabin (and passengers). At idling it is very quiet and totally vibration free. The Japs get full marks for their precision engineering. If you get the car serviced at the intervals that Honda asks for then the engine does not trouble you at all. This is an engine meant for uncomplaining city driving with constant rpm changes. It is not a highway racer. I have never driven the car beyond 80 kmph and all our driving has been within Delhi-NCR. While I cannot say for sure but I suspect the practical maximum continuous speed is around 110 to 120 kmph. In 5 years and 8 months the engine has not required any maintenance other than fluid top ups and filter replacements. The engineers at Honda tell me that the engine of the old Jazz (i.e. the one this review is on) is, in their experience,the most trouble free Honda engine from amongst all the cars and variants in their India line-up.

The question of torque: Torque, underpowered versus over powered, acceleration, oomph are all matters relative to the base level in your mind and your driving habits. The Jazz has been accused of being a little bit under powered and needing down shifts often. But as Einstein pointed out everything is relative. For me personally the Jazz is adequately powered at 89 bhp. My previous daily commuter from 2000 to 2010 was the Opel Corsa which was (I think) around 70 bhp. And before that my daily hack was a Premier Padmini (1990 to 2000) which was, if I recall correctly, about 44 bhp. And I learnt driving on the good old Standard Herald at all of 40 bhp. So relative to what I drove for the first 20 years the Jazz is quite well powered. But yes relative to today's increasingly more powerful cars the old Jazz may be a tad underpowered. The engine idles at ~500 RPM. The second gear works very comfortably between 5-10 kmph at 500RPM to 40-45 kmph at ~3000RPM. Similarly the 3rd gear works without burping and stalling from ~15 kmph at around 600RPM to 55-60 kmph at 3000 RPM. Between these two gears I complete 75% of my city driving by time with its innumerable stop-starts and traffic crawl. Driving convenience is a higher priority for me than fuel efficiency and the Jazz runs almost like a semi-automatic completing 5 to 15 km trips for me in just 2 gears almost all the distance, what with Delhi's crawling traffic on most roads. Not efficient but practical.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-e.jpg
Gear change is swift and smooth. This gear box has survived the ministrations of 4 learner drivers perfecting their road skills and is none the worse for it.

Inner space: This is one area in which like Lal Bahadur Shastri in his school maths exam paper the Jazz scores 101 marks on 100. You see the ergonomics of maximum car in minimum wheel area, length and height. By placing the wheels at the four extremities, by giving it an (almost) tall boy height of ~155 cms, by pushing the engine into the drooping nose and by placing the fuel tank under the front seats Honda released a whole lot of space in the cabin for passengers, luggage, leg space and the spare wheel. The car can seat 5 average Indian adults comfortably. The magic seats (see picture below) enable tall luggage items, like plants, to be carried. The folding seats allow a full bicycle to be carried. Every month my wife needs retail therapy in the inards of Delhi - Sadar bazaar, Chandini Chowk, Old Railway road, Karol Bagh and such places with narrow gullies. The Jazz does the job of navigating the narrow straits and carry back her prizes of which plants and outsized paintings are the most common. I have transported my youngest's bike in the Jazz the way Honda shows it in some advertising photos. Getting the bike inside is not easy but it gets done.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-f.jpg
384 litres of luggage room before you tilt the rear seats. Can comfortably accommodate 2 large suitcases + 3 cabin baggage strollers

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-g.jpg
With seats laid flat the luggage area increases by over 60%. In this configuration we once transported a small 2 seater sofa.

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-h.jpg
With the seats placed upright space is created to carry tall pieces of baggage. In our household innumerable plants and paintings have travelled in this most useful space with height. This utility was a factor in our purchase of the Jazz.

Seats & leg space: The front seats offer decent lumbar support and hug you in a comfortable way. The seats have the now usual adjustment for leg space and back rest tilt. The rear seat is a wee bit upright which some like me (with older bodies) find comfortable and supportive while others a little younger feel the back's angle is too straight. The headrest at the rear can be moved up or down to suit your rest needs. Leg space is very good for this segment and in fact equal to the best of a segment above.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-i.jpg
Rear seats accommodate 2 comfortably and 3 at a pinch. Leg space equal to cars a category higher. The rubber beading on the doors and rear hatch have worn well as you can see in this photo and the one below. The service centre feels they don't need to be touched for another 2 years.

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-j.jpg
Door open wide to allow ease of access to older or heavily built passengers. This was an important factor in our selection of the Jazz. The cloth and plastic materials have worn well.

Suspension & ride: This department is okay-okay. Not good not bad. The ride is firm and the broken potholes will crash through especially for the rear seat passengers. The ride compares with other cars like Verito, Etios and Indigo (not perfect category comparisons, but those are the ones I've ridden in)
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-j3.jpg
Changed the alloys to ones from City. The original Jazz ones were looking tired after 4 years.

Braking: The ABS+EBD brakes do their job very well.

Fuel efficiency: I don't know as I've never measured it.

Simplicity of controls: This one I like. The picture below speaks a thousand words. One does not need a training programme to figure out the controls. Because the controls are tactile and obvious the driver does not have to glance down left to operate the cabin or music controls. In this area the Jazz is several degrees more convenient and user friendly than our Volvo XC60 with its million buttons and dozens of scroll screen options.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-k.jpg
All controls tactile and uniquely placed so that you don't have to look down to locate them or operate them. The only control that got loose after 5 years is the air conditioning knob. The air-conditioning is powerful - just what you need in an Indian summer

Maintenance & experience: The car needs to be serviced every 3 to 4 months or 5000 kms. This seems rather too often by today's standards but is what Honda recommends. As our car completes time before mileage it gets serviced about 3 times a year. Ring Road Honda at Gurgaon are surprisingly efficient and customer oriented - a happy contrast to their sales skills. The service takes about 4 hours and they deliver the car back to you. I have rarely stood there and got the service done in front of my eyes. Regretfully like most BHPians I simply do not have the time. The fact that the car has delivered word perfect service means Honda is not cutting corners. To write this review I asked Honda for the entire maintenance record of the car. So in 68 months other than routine servicing and fluid top ups/changes the only extra work was cleaning the brakes at 40,000 kms, changing the 4 tyres at 45,000 kms, lubricating the suspension a few times and applying the underbody protection coating twice. The car went through a major body job once and a minor job on another occasion and with the major work we had a paint job done too. This was a year and a half ago and hence the photos show a shine on the car. Routine maintenance bill is in the Rs 5,000 to 8000 range. This impish lady gets a car wash and wax by 3M two or three times a year to keep her in smart trim. Like with other authorized centres I nurse up a relationship with one or two key engineers and that results in a better personalized service. Same at Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon. At Honda I still deal with the same young man as I did in 2010 while at Skoda the engineer changes every second service due to attrition.
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-l.jpg
It pays to polish the car. I like the metallic sheen it still exudes.

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-m.jpg
3M mats and the pedal office

What you could like:

Large inner space for passengers and luggage
Rear leg space
Airy well lit cabin
Excellent driver view in all directions
Quiet engine
Ergonomic driver seat and controls
Modern looks
Magic seats to accommodate tall pieces of luggage
fuel consumption indicator

What you may not like:

Under powered in the view of some
Can need gear down shifts depending on your driving style
Suspension & ride can be a stiff relative to bigger cars
Moderate top speed

Thank you for reading. I hope this assessment is useful to existing and future Jazz owners. I'll post an update in a year's time. Who knows if I keep her till 2020 as the plan presently is then you may enjoy reading a 10th year update report too. If I replace the Jazz earlier it will be only for an all electric or plug-in hybrid small hatch back. My dream sequence would be a plug-in hybrid Jazz.

2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-o.jpg
The close to six years sit well on the red lady. Plants and cars both thrive when you talk to them.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 11th January 2016 at 22:20.
V.Narayan is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 00:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: 2010 Honda Jazz - 5 years & 47,000 kms

Thread moved from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12th January 2016, 05:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review which was a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing. I find the older gen Jazz to be better looking than the current Jazz inside out. I am not a fan of the touch controls in the new Jazz or the polished trim which takes away the utilitarian value. To me the old Jazz was the perfect hatchback, no the perfect car for the Indian masses, the only fly in the ointment being that it wasn't priced to a car for the masses. It has got everything that you need in a car and it can do multiple duties as and when the need be.

How many cars are there in the Indian market even today which are practical (the boot space, even more boot space with seats folded, the magic seats to accomodate odd items), fuel efficient, reliable, can seat 5 comfortably, have good ergonomics, quality build, looks (yes i love the looks) as the older Jazz were. I remember when my friend was in the market for a new car and the only two options were the Punto and the Jazz and the Punto won because it had better suspension and looked a million dollars but it were days when we were single. For a family there is no better hatchback than the Jazz and that applies even today.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 12th January 2016 at 05:07.
extreme_torque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 06:26   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely review sir. Thanks for sharing. Although you have mentioned at the start that the report may be biased to the Jazz, I found it well balanced. Loved the flow.

This generation of jazz was one of my favorite cars. I almost bought a preowned one a couple of years back when I wanted to replace by SX4 with a 'small yet big car'. Later dropped the idea as I went the automatic route. It was also my recommended car of choice for 2 of my family members 3-4 years back. But due to the poor selling image the car had, both of them went with the Brio which was pretty hot at that time.

I think it was a car slightly ahead of times here in India. The current generation is faring better, but it has much more competition to deal with. Honda's restriction of key USP's like magic seats to the highest variant have not helped either.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 12th January 2016 at 06:46.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 12:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

re: 2010 Honda Jazz - 6 years & 50,000 kms update

Always great to see the ownership review of your car. I often felt like a fool when I dropped the big bucks for my Jazz because of the premium it commanded (needed the space for the tall family), but I have and continue to reap the benefits of its reliability.

Quote:
The Jazz is for you if you are looking for a family car, a city car, a vehicle that gives you more car per square foot than any other, a car that maximizes practicality and usefulness and one that gives you reasonable fuel efficiency and maintenance costs.
Amen to that. That line pretty much defined the Jazz as a car (at least the generation that we have). However, it is a revvy and peppy car, as long as you're the only one in the car. Put in any passengers and the relatively small engine shows its stress.

Quote:
At idling it is very quiet and totally vibration free.
You can say that again. I once creeped up on a friend and followed him around our building, just to see if he'd realize there's a car behind him. He was completely unaware! Needless to say, it was hilarious when I slapped the horn and scared the daylights out of him

The Jazz is one of the most desirable pre-worshiped cars in the market and a car that owners don't part with easily. The fantastic interior space, bulletproof reliability, brilliant stock sound system, well-sorted ergonomics and quiet, efficient, reliable engine make it a great car to own.
Tushar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:59   #6
BHPian

Thank you for the review.

I am a new Jazz owner and hope the new one ages similar to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
The question of torque: The engine idles at ~500 RPM. The second gear works very comfortably between 5-10 kmph at 500RPM to 40-45 kmph at ~3000RPM.
I did notice a difference here. New jazz idles between 800-900RPM. 500 seems to quite low on older jazz. Was this a typo? If not, then this in turn might be helping in red light stop - fuel efficiency.
Old 13th January 2016, 20:15   #7
BHPian

Narayan sir, Firstly, love the way you write specially on the choice of words which very aptly describes the feeling. I remember one of your post in Honda Jazz 2015 forum, where you had given a buying experience of Honda Amaze (I think) for your aunt and mom, which had a perfect balance of humor and appreciation by your folks on their selected choice.

When Jazz was launched in 2009, It was way above my budget, but I still remember the way I fell in love with the vehicle and its drive, space and premium feel, if only I had the cash and funds it should have been my first car.

There is a saying that opportunity comes knocking twice, and today I am a proud owner of the new Honda Jazz. I am very happy with the purchase and hope to keep it for long. Looking forward to your regular updates.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:47   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Excellent review which was a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing. For a family there is no better hatchback than the Jazz and that applies even today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Lovely review sir. Thanks for sharing. Although you have mentioned at the start that the report may be biased to the Jazz, I found it well balanced. Loved the flow.
Rajeevraj, extreme_torque, Thank you for your kind words and for reading this thread. On Team BHP with its average age of (probably) 30 I feel a little bit like Robert de Niro in the movie 'The Intern' as my knowledge of cars & their features is way behind all the bright young writers I notice on Team BHP! Rajeevraj - love your articles. Look forward to more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Always great to see the ownership review of your car. The Jazz is one of the most desirable pre-worshiped cars in the market and a car that owners don't part with easily. The fantastic interior space, bulletproof reliability, ...and quiet, efficient, reliable engine make it a great car to own.
The sheer reliability of this car is a delight. In my line (aviation) we sometimes come across engines that are so utterly reliable and tolerant that they exceed an already high industry standard for their era. The Jazz engine is something like that for automobiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet8686 View Post
Thank you for the review. I am a new Jazz owner and hope the new one ages similar to yours. I did notice a difference here. New jazz idles between 800-900RPM. 500 seems to quite low on older jazz. Was this a typo? If not, then this in turn might be helping in red light stop - fuel efficiency.
Congratulations on your purchase of a wonderful car. I am sure it will give you long miles of excellent service. I am no expert at car measurements but for this review I did drive the car around to check the RPM-speed-gear measures and it seems my old generation model idles at around 500. Treat it as an estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
Narayan sir, Firstly, love the way you write specially on the choice of words which very aptly describes the feeling. I remember one of your post in Honda Jazz 2015 forum, where you had given a buying experience of Honda Amaze (I think) for your aunt and mom, which had a perfect balance of humor and appreciation by your folks on their selected choice. When Jazz was launched in 2009, It was way above my budget, but I still remember the way I fell in love with the vehicle and its drive, space and premium feel, if only I had the cash and funds it should have been my first car. There is a saying that opportunity comes knocking twice, and today I am a proud owner of the new Honda Jazz. I am very happy with the purchase and hope to keep it for long. Looking forward to your regular updates.
You seem to be a young man and I am very happy for you that you have purchased the car after your heart. One of the joys of youth is that your life stretches ahead of you and at the same time the pocket is always stretched. But clearly you are doing well in your career. Glad to see that. When I was 22 and started earning I thought I will be able to cajole my old man to help me buy a second hand car. But my late father said ' sonny you buy what your salary can pay for' so I ended up with a (literally) third hand Lambretta with broken seats! Enjoy your Jazz. You've picked a lovely red colour.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 15:09   #9
BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz is for you if you are looking for a family car, a city car, a vehicle that gives you more car per square foot than any other, a car that maximizes practicality and usefulness and one that gives you reasonable fuel efficiency and maintenance costs. The Jazz is not for you if you are looking for a revvy, peppy, vrroom vrroom type of enthusiasts vehicle that you will swerve around corners and accelerate to 120 kmph on the highway.

The close to six years sit well on the red lady. Plants and cars both thrive when you talk to them.
Beautiful review sir. The eloquence with which you write is hard to match. I personally look forward to each one of your posts. And my thoughts rhyme completely with yours about the last line, but I think both plants and cars talk back too.
Jazz is surely more car per car. We also happened to purchase the Jazz few months ago. For all the reasons you mentioned plus one, we needed an automatic. Although I missed out on the magic seats. And sir, it does do 100kmph-120kmph without breaking a sweat. I can vouch for that
mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 12:26   #10
BHPian

Excellent review sir. To be very honest it's this particular model of the Jazz that my heart really beats for. During my daily commute to office and back I often see a silver one and an Urban Metallic one. How I wish I had that Urban Metallic one. The present generation Jazz though good and sharp looking just seems to be a mini-me version of the current generation CRV. But it was the previous generation Indian Jazz, I believe the one that you have, that was one of its kind. Too bad, I didn't have Vitamin M those days. There was a time when I actually thought of getting a 2nd hand one but didn't even try raising the idea at home because I knew the answer would have been a flat no from my parents.

Anyways, I consider myself fortunate that, if not the Honda Fit or the previous generation Indian Jazz, atlast I did get myself a Jazz, my very first car. Or rather I should be saying that I bought the Magic Seats and the Jazz was given along with them. The previous cars in our family have served us really long. First the Omni (1992-2004) and then the WagonR (2004-2015). I really hope the current duo: Etios D (2013) and the Jazz (2015) outdo both of them. And I also hope that we all get to read the 10th anniversary update of your Jazz. Wish you many more reliable and pleasant miles on your Jazz.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 16th January 2016 at 12:27.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 15:51   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandywanders View Post
Beautiful review sir. The eloquence with which you write is hard to match. I personally look forward to each one of your posts. And my thoughts rhyme completely with yours about the last line, but I think both plants and cars talk back too.
Jazz is surely more car per car. We also happened to purchase the Jazz few months ago. For all the reasons you mentioned plus one, we needed an automatic. Although I missed out on the magic seats. And sir, it does do 100kmph-120kmph without breaking a sweat. I can vouch for that
Mandy, delighted to hear from you. Congratulations on buying the best mid-sized car in the market. Please post a photo or two of your wheels. Thanks for having tested it to 120 kmph for me. My regards and best wishes to you and your husband. Happy motoring & happy gardening- Narayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Excellent review sir. To be very honest it's this particular model of the Jazz that my heart really beats for. Too bad, I didn't have Vitamin M those days. There was a time when I actually thought of getting a 2nd hand one but didn't even try raising the idea at home because I knew the answer would have been a flat no from my parents.

Anyways, I consider myself fortunate that, if not the Honda Fit or the previous generation Indian Jazz, atlast I did get myself a Jazz, my very first car.
Dear Flanker99, Thank you for reading the thread and for your kind compliments. Congratulations for buying your first car. It is a moment of great joy and elation and of course pride. It also reflects a milestone on your path of achievements. Saw the car in your profile. Looks swell. Please post some photos. I have not driven the new 2015 model but have looked at it in Honda showrooms as a prep before writing this review. The quality of the interiors and materials are superior in your new model than in my older one. Good for you. Honda makes solid products and I am sure you will get the same reliability from your silver arrow as I did with mine. Happy motoring.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 17:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Flanker99, Thank you for reading the thread and for your kind compliments. Congratulations for buying your first car. It is a moment of great joy and elation and of course pride. It also reflects a milestone on your path of achievements. Saw the car in your profile. Looks swell. Please post some photos. I have not driven the new 2015 model but have looked at it in Honda showrooms as a prep before writing this review. The quality of the interiors and materials are superior in your new model than in my older one. Good for you. Honda makes solid products and I am sure you will get the same reliability from your silver arrow as I did with mine. Happy motoring.
Actually sir I used to feel the quality of the current generation Jazz's interiors had taken a hit as compared to the previous generations. Though the Teambhp review does say the ride quality has improved. Anyways, reliability, practicality and utility are the only things that we have considered while buying all 4 of our cars. I really hope the Jazz doesn't ever let me down there.

Regarding the photos, I recently did a rather longish (over 300kms) road trip in my Jazz. Mumbai-Bhandardhara-Mumbai. Have posted some photos at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-76.html (bottom of the page). This trip was the only quality time I spent with my Jazz so far. Managed to take some pics against some really spectacular scenery. Other than that it has been the usual home-office-home routine.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 16th January 2016 at 17:29.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 21:00   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Simple yet sophisticated review, rated full stars. They don't make them like they did anymore - this saying is truest when referred to the car manufacturers. Honda's golden age in India was the between 08-13, they had models like Civic & Accord in the top end and a far better built Jazz & City compared to today's models. Hondas are reliable, there is no two ways about that and they are above Toyota in reliability according to U.S surveys.

About the 1.2 petrol being underpowered, well I guess underpowered here refers directly to a unsatisfactory torque or its tuning. As you've said power is extremely a subjective, personal opinion and while its good to get an outline of power/torque through reviews and car shows, the real personal experience of driving will tell you exactly how you'll like or hate it. There are too many aspects like low-end torque, high-end torque, engine-rev+torque combination, accelerator response, gearing etc. While the Jazz might need to be pushed a little bit to achieve optimum boost (I haven't driven one yet), I still think the paper specs of 1.2 90 hp is more than adequate and perhaps segment leading for an NA petrol of that capacity.

This particular model was famous for its practicality, subtlety (as far as Honda goes) and max bang for buck per sq.ft of usable area. I don't like the current Jazz design at all and also their new approach of de-engineering the finer aspects of a car like tyre spec, claddings, fit & finish etc. This model though epitomises Honda.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 06:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Mandy, delighted to hear from you. Congratulations on buying the best mid-sized car in the market. Please post a photo or two of your wheels. Thanks for having tested it to 120 kmph for me. My regards and best wishes to you and your husband. Happy motoring & happy gardening- Narayan
Thank you for your wishes Sir. My husband keeps remembering you from our last tbhp meet. Maybe we should have a jazzers meet too. I have been trying to put up a few words for an ownership review but have somehow failed to do that. Here is one pic of the first morning after jazzy became a part of our family.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Honda Jazz - Update: Now Sold!-img_20150919_064156.jpg  

mandywanders is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 20:03   #15
BHPian

Amazing review sir! My dream car from a Buggatti Veyron has now turned into the Honda Jazz (not exaggerating). I'm already planning on buying one in the used car market of course (don't like the new Jazz at all). Just so that I can start somewhere, can you tell me the top model of the Pre- Gen Jazz, I know the top model now is VX, was it the same then?

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks