Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2017, 00:22   #151
BHPian

Re: Mega Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Don't worry about MoS2. Where did you read that Indian range of Liqui Moly's have MoS2?? AFAIK, MoS2 isn't there in their synthetic range in India. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Shashi
It's mentioned on amazons description as well as LRL catalogue if I remember correctly. Do cross check it.
Old 12th February 2017, 08:07   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
It's mentioned on amazons description as well as LRL catalogue if I remember correctly. Do cross check it.
Just now checked the 168 page long product catalogue.

Some of their products do have MoS2, but the products we are interested in, leichtlauf and Molygen, they don't have MoS2.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-lm1.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-lm2.jpg
See, this product has MoS2 written on it, unlike Molygen and Leichtlauf.
The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-lm3.jpg

Secondly, any product with MoS2 will be black in color, just like the gearoil additive which I used.

Leichtlauf and Molygen are Golden and Fluorescent green in color respectively, so we don't have to worry. My 800 and Sket bhaiya's Zen are doing great, so I guess you shouldn't worry.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 00:29   #153
BHPian

Okay then. I'll try to fetch molygen 5w30. LRL is giving 10% off I guess. Will also buy gear oil additive for the WagonR.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 22:40   #154
BHPian

re: The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27

@Leoshashi Is it possible for you to upload a video showing the engine running? We would like to hear the engine note after all the Liqui Moly products you've used.
Old 17th February 2017, 07:04   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27

Quote:
@Leoshashi Is it possible for you to upload a video showing the engine running? We would like to hear the engine note after all the Liqui Moly products you've used.
I'll shoot a video over the weekend and post it. But IMO you won't get the exact feel for a couple of reasons

-Mobile video exaggerates the noise a bit and most of the sounds which get recorded isn't what you exactly hear when present.
-I probably don't have a video/ audio before the oil change was done so that you may compare both and come to a conclusion.

Still, I'll give it a try.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 18th February 2017, 19:19   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I'll shoot a video over the weekend and post it. But IMO you won't get the exact feel for a couple of reasons

-Mobile video exaggerates the noise a bit and most of the sounds which get recorded isn't what you exactly hear when present.
-I probably don't have a video/ audio before the oil change was done so that you may compare both and come to a conclusion.

Good news!! Found an old video, and also shot one just now, using the same camera, same parking space, same time. So this should give a nice comparison of the changes which have happened after Liqui Moly. Since the old video was shot in a particular order, I followed the same in my new video too. The order is-Sitting in car with windows rolled up>>Crank the car>>Open Hood lever>>Open door>>Open hood>>Close hood>>Close door

Old Video

Engine oil-Castrol Magnatec 10w40
Camera-Galaxy S5
Location-My personal enclosed parking space
Condition of car-Cold start, lying idle since a day.

New Video

Engine Oil-LIQUI MOLY 5W40
Camera-Galaxy S5

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th February 2017 at 17:36. Reason: Edited as requested.
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 21:10   #157
BHPian

Quote:

Engine Oil-Castrol Magnatec 10w40
Camera-Galaxy S5

Regards,
Shashi
You've typed it wrong here. Same oil mentioned in both places.

One cannot fully understand the real difference through a video usually but even then there was a very noticeable difference in your videos.

BTW. How tall are you? We gave up on 800 after father started getting body pain after driving. Shifted to a WagonR. Now if I sit in one it feels quite cramped. You must be driving alone most of the time. Got any second car?
Old 18th February 2017, 22:15   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You've typed it wrong here. Same oil mentioned in both places.
Oops!! Sorry buddy, have reported the post to be corrected.

Quote:
One cannot fully understand the real difference through a video usually but even then there was a very noticeable difference in your videos.
Click to open

While it is very hard to explain the difference today, I was physically present when the oil was changed and the car was cranked for the 1st time. The difference was easily perceivable.

Quoting myself,
Quote:
The way it was added- My MASS poured in 2L of Liqui Moly 5w40 engine oil. Then 300ml of Ceratec was poured in, and then the engine took close to 600ml of engine oil for the level to come upto max in the dipstick.- The car was then left idling for close to 10 minutes. With every passing second, the sound of engine started decreasing!!
I luckily found this old video in the sent folder of my phone's whatsapp. This made the comparison quite easy.

Quote:
How tall are you?
I am 6 ft 1 inch tall, and a bit on the heavier side.

Quote:
We gave up on 800 after father started getting body pain after driving. Shifted to a WagonR. Now if I sit in one it feels quite cramped.
While I don't feel cramped inside the 800 in city drives, driving it for more than 4 hours non-stop on highways does take its toll.

Quote:
You must be driving alone most of the time.
Yes, my 800 is used mostly by me for intra-city runs. My father who is of an average Indian build sometimes takes it for inter-city runs too.

Quote:
Got any second car?
As of now, this is the only car we own. We sold our Dec 15 Elite i20 in October last year. But we do have some more wheels.

We are a family of 3, my dad, mom and yours truly. Dad has one official SX4 and a Gypsy(for mines inspection) at his disposal. My mom, who is in Jharkhand Govt earlier needed one car always as she was posted quite far, in a naxal infested zone, so we had the Elite i20 for her. Last october, she got transferred, and her new workplace is just 100m away from our house. The i20 was rarely used, so we sold the Hyundai. (M800 is a family member for us, so no question of selling her)

I roam about in 800 alone or with friends, and for other purposes, we have the SX4 and the Gypsy.

But we'll soon purchase a bigger car(S cross being the chief contender) and then dad will surrender the official cars. As per his office rules, he is either eligible for claiming incentives for personal car/ get an office car.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 19th February 2017, 01:24   #159
BHPian

We almost bought the SCross actually. Were negotiating a deal for 1.3 Zeta with the SA at NEXA. Was almost done at 10.4 lakhs. Then the budget got announced and the price shot up by about 50k so. I called up NEXA and he said only cars in stock will retain old prices. I said okay for the silver Zeta which I had seen in the stockyard. This time he says that one is sold and only a silver limited edition Zeta without Navigation and stuff was available. It all ended there. Very soon Brezza was launching. Saw the live event and booked it the same evening. Decided to drop the plan after our car arrived as the dealer was threatening to sell it to someone else and we didn't want to buy without a test drive. Eventually took a test drive with another dealer and made the payment. I was the first one on team bhp to report the arrival of our booked car. A pic is there on the Brezza thread. The ownership review is incomplete for months now.
Old 19th February 2017, 01:35   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We almost bought the SCross actually.
Probably we are going off-topic here, but I am actually waiting for the S-Cross petrol(1.5L).

I agree that the 1.6L diesel is too much fun, and the 1.3L will make economic sense, but for us, nothing beats the charm of a NA petrol engine. Reasons being-
1. The free revving engine
2. Virtually maintenance free compared to a diesel. The periodic intercooler cleaning, EGR cleaning etc is something which I cannot stand. I don't remember opening anything other than a throttle body in my 3lac run M800 or our 1.2Lac run Swift K series!!
3. The 1.3L VGT has synchronizer issues, whereas the 1.6L has horrendously priced spares.

Just hope that Maruti launches the 1.5L petrol engine soon. They do have the engine, and they are already exporting it to Indonesia

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 19th February 2017 at 01:37.
Old 20th February 2017, 12:33   #161
BHPian

Father gave the WagonR for servicing in the morning. .I was going to visit the service center to ask them about the oil change but they changed it before I reached with a 20w40 Castrol oil. Another 5k on mineral oil now. Is the difference between mineral and semi synthetic noticeable?
Old 20th February 2017, 15:01   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Father gave the WagonR for servicing in the morning. .I was going to visit the service center to ask them about the oil change but they changed it before I reached with a 20w40 Castrol oil. Another 5k on mineral oil now. Is the difference between mineral and semi synthetic noticeable?
I did feel the difference when I switched from 20w40 Castrol to 10W40 Magnatec. Specially, the cold starting felt a lot more relaxed after the switch. Revv happiness and smoothness wasn't affected much.

But semi-synthetic to fully synthetic change was mind blowing.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 15:46   #163
BHPian

Quote:
I did feel the difference when I switched from 20w40 Castrol to 10W40 Magnatec. Specially, the cold starting felt a lot more relaxed after the switch. Revv happiness and smoothness wasn't affected much.

But semi-synthetic to fully synthetic change was mind blowing.
It actually makes a difference or it is just in our mind that we feel it is smoother? I don't want to end up doing the same thing with Brezza what I did with WagonR i.e. letting MASS decide which oil they will put in. I don't like Castrol that much.

Did you have any rat issues? In December a rat used to dirty our car from the inside with excrements. Managed to poison the rat and it didn't return thereafter but the smell has remained till date. The MASS has replaced te cabin filter today but I'm not sure that will take away the smells.
Old 20th February 2017, 16:52   #164
BHPian

First of all, thanks for your invaluble help. You have been a great friend. The difference in engine noise is mind blowing. How is this even possible?, The first time I heard the video, I thought I had problems with my phone's speaker. But now, seeing it on the computer, it simply blows my mind. I am going to do a thorough reading of your whole thread and decide which engine oil should I switch to...

Last edited by Aditya : 20th February 2017 at 22:55.
karuvally is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 18:11   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It actually makes a difference or it is just in our mind that we feel it is smoother?
The video is there for you to experience buddy, I don't have much to say after that!! I also don't believe on placebo effect, and there are a number of changes which I can list post synthetic oil change.

Quote:
Did you have any rat issues?
Yes, but they have never entered my car's passenger compartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuvally View Post
First of all, thanks for your invaluble help. You have been a great friend.
The pleasure is mine buddy. Do post pics of your newly acquired 5 Speed 800 once you are done with the photoshoot.

Quote:
The difference in engine noise is mind blowing. How is this even possible?, The first time I heard the video, I though I had problems with my phone's speaker. But now, seeing it on the computer, it simply blows my mind.

Regards,
Shashi

Most Viewed