Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 16:45   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any idea where the first and last 800s are currently? Especially the last car to roll out of the line - was it purchased by someone or kept by the company itself?
The last 800 went to a gentleman in Shillong.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-maruti800.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-marutihills_475.jpg

More details:
Quote:
The last Maruti 800 to have rolled off the assembly line in Gurgaon on January 18 — chassis number 2890893— is on her first joyride.

She is a deep crimson, unremarkable on Shillong’s roads, where almost every third car is this Maruti hatchback. A layer of translucent green plastic protects the new upholstery in true Indian fashion, and a printout tacked on to her windshield announces a temporary registration number:

ML-05 K 2666. On the dashboard is an emerald-and-gold image of Jesus Christ, and a rosary dangles from the mirror. The owner is a dapper, and painfully shy, 26-year-old, Albert Vanlalnghaka. A physical training instructor with the Indian Army, he bought the car on February 5 from the Rani Motors dealership in Nongthymmai for Rs 2.42 lakh, with the help of a car loan from the State Bank of India — oblivious that he was buying himself a spot in Indian automobile history.
Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...ond-the-pines/

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
You'll be quite disappointed to know that according to a report published in HT in April 2017, the car was abandoned and was rusting away on the road side after the owner passed away. Let me search the report for you.
Quote:
Especially the last car to roll out of the line - was it purchased by someone or kept by the company itself? The first one I guess would be a museum piece somewhere, maybe in a collector's home.
The first one was last seen rusting on the streets of Delhi's Green Park Colony. Last year when I was in Delhi, I did try to spot that 800, but in vain. I spent two days looking for that car.

There were some reports that Actor Mammootty is interested in getting that piece of history. However the owners denied this news.

Quote:
Tejinder Ahluwalia, son-in-law of Harpal Singh, told The News Minute that they had not been contacted by the actor. He said he was not aware of the actor as he did not watch 'South' movies, but however added that many offers had come their way. "Maruti Suzuki has made three proposals. They offered to showcase the car in a museum in Japan., but we cannot go to Japan even if wish to see the car again. The company then offered to keep the car either at its corporate office or factory. A group that runs a five star hotel too has contacted us. But I have not heard anything from this actor," he says. Following media reports, it had also been rumored that the car will be purchased by Maruti since it is of national importance.
Source: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...-says-not-true

IMO, Maruti should get this car, restore and display it in their Vasant Kunj office or the Gurgaon Plant. They have used that car for their 25 years celebration in the past.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20131214072423_maruti8-copy.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th December 2017 at 16:53.
Leoshashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 08:25   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27

Some more Updates:

1. My friend owns a car washing cum detailing centre. The idea of having a lift of my own was enough to excite me.

Since his centre opens from 9AM onwards, I reached there at 6AM on a chilly winter morning, to have the lift all to myself for 3 hours. The caretaker of the centre also came to my aid. Since all my past underbody coatings were done at MASS, and while they had done an excellent job, nothing can replace a DIY with attention to detail. So I lifted up the car, and had a nice look at the underbody.

Some areas needed a bit of touchup, hence I did these steps myself:

1. Sanding down areas with flaking underbody paint/rust. While it was not too common, still I had to sand down some 4-5 spots.

2. Degreased the underbody.

3. Gave a nice foam wash to the underbody and scrubbed it. The caretaker came to my help too and started scrubbing.

4. Dried all areas comprehensively, first with compressed air, and then a cloth.

5. Coated with one layer of Rustoleum Cold Galvanising Spray.

6. Finally, used Liqui Moly's Underbody coating above all. This is much better than the regular 3M ones, and remains rubbery even after drying. 3M ones turn more like paint after drying.

Also, since I had the spray gun in my hands, it was easier to give a thorough coat. The caretaker only helped me in setting up the equipment. Nothing like getting your own hands dirty: the satisfaction it gives is immense!

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171217_085410.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171217_085444.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171217_085622.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171217_085833.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171217_091659.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171217_093315.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img20171104wa0041.jpg

2. Lower arms changed: While only the left ones had gone weak, I prefer changing things in pairs for best results. They were anyways never changed in all these years. Once I had an opportunity to replace the lower arms due to busted dust cover for the ball joint, but Maruti has part numbers for dust cover also, hence I couldn't convince my SA to replace them.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171219_191255.jpg

I also never prefer to get alignment or balancing done at MASS. I visit a fixed tyre outlet for that purpose. My SA being the curious person he is, had mentioned it to me many times that he'd like to see the alignment process too. So finally, he got the opportunity as I was interested in seeing the caster angles after lower arms change. He also instructed couple of mechanics in his team to visit the store and experience the process. This particular MRF T&S store is the best in town when it comes to alignment, with the latest Hunter equipment which is regularly calibrated.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171220_182512.jpg

Signing off, with some of the latest clicks of the Goose:

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171221_150946.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171221_1510071.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171221_151141.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171221_151201.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 13:59   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Some more Updates:

5. Coated with one layer of Rustoleum Cold Galvanising Spray.

6. Finally, used Liqui Moly's Underbody coating above all. This is much better than the regular 3M ones, and remains rubbery even after drying. 3M ones turn more like paint after drying.

Also, since I had the spray gun in my hands, it was easier to give a thorough coat. The caretaker only helped me in setting up the equipment. Nothing like getting your own hands dirty: the satisfaction it gives is immense!

Regards,
Shashi
Your car's underbody seems to be 100 % free of rust & also there ain't any sign of underbody hit. How frequently do you get the underbody coating done?

While going through your latest photos, I found something interesting. What are the two stickers on driver side front door? I haven't seen these in any Maruti 800.

Here is a photo for reference

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20171221_151141.jpg
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 14:24   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Your car's underbody seems to be 100 % free of rust & also there ain't any sign of underbody hit. How frequently do you get the underbody coating done?
Yes I am very much paranoid about rust, because I have seen how it can kill a car. Hence all these protection. My car has suffered it's own share of scrapes, but luckily not enough to dent the underbody. Some of the dents visible are from wrong jacking techniques at tyre shops I used to visit earlier.

This particular car was without any underbody protection till 2013. All we did was to ensure that the underbody is clean, and paint loss if any was religiously touched up using red oxide primer. In 2013, I got the anti rust treatment done at the dealer workshop, and it was crap. Not only I paid some 3500 rupees, the quality was atrocious. The paint started flaking within 6 months.

Next anti rust was done last year at the MASS I now visit, and they did an excellent job for just 1800 rupees. More details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3989444

What I did few days back was not at all required, but was just an itch to do the entire job myself, with the perfection I desire.

Quote:
While going through your latest photos, I found something interesting. What are the two stickers on driver side front door? I haven't seen these in any Maruti 800.
My car being from one of the earliest batches to get MPFI system, had many warning stickers for owners graduating from Carburetor cars. Those two particular stickers read"MPFI engine: Please start without pressing accelerator pedal" and something related to Catalytic converter.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:54   #335
BHPian

Quote:
My car being from one of the earliest batches to get MPFI system, had many warning stickers for owners graduating from Carburetor cars. Those two particular stickers read"MPFI engine: Please start without pressing accelerator pedal" and something related to Catalytic converter.

Regards,
Shashi
Since you brought up the topic of new stickers for MPFI equipped models w.r.t the Carburetor models especially the one which reads "MPFI engine: Please start without pressing accelerator pedal" let me tell you my story. For many years I used to wonder why is the MPFI engine: please start without pressing accelerator sticker missing in our 99 Omni, only later did I get to know that our Omni is a Carburetor model.

In 2015 when I was on the lookout for a cheap used car, I used to look for the MPFI engine: please start without pressing accelerator sticker among other things . The car I finally ended with (a 2001 ZEN Vxi deluxe) luckily had the MPFI sticker in place.

Here is a photo my precious sticker.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-mpfi-sticker.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 22nd December 2017 at 15:57.
chiranjitp is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 20:19   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

That reminds me, my metallic blue July 2000 85 BHP MPI E-II Esteem had one of these stickers.

I had to argue with the dealer to get an MPFI model. Refuse to listen to crap like 'Sir, Indian petrol doesn't suit injector systems, only carburettors' and such assorted tosh. It was one of the first MPI E2 Esteems to be delivered in Pune.

When tuning up our older 1995 Esteem my idle and air mixture setting was spot on. Never had to press the AP even on a winter morning.

Last edited by R2D2 : 25th December 2017 at 20:20.
R2D2 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 20:37   #337
BHPian

Hi @Shashi sir,
Hats off to your patience and attention-to-detail. Your GG still looks as if it's just driven off the floor of the showroom. What's the present odo reading BTW? I didn't find it in any of the previous updates too.

Still have to learn a lot from you. Keep updating this thread as regularly as possible so that we amateurs get to learn something from BHPians like you.

Drive Safe and buckle up,
Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 20:44   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
That reminds me, my metallic blue July 2000 85 BHP MPI E-II Esteem had one of these stickers.

I had to argue with the dealer to get an MPFI model. Refuse to listen to crap like 'Sir, Indian petrol doesn't suit injector systems, only carburettors' and such assorted tosh. It was one of the first MPI E2 Esteems to be delivered in Pune.

When tuning up our older 1995 Esteem my idle and air mixture setting was spot on. Never had to press the AP even on a winter morning.
So true. In the initial days, there were a lot of myths and associated problems with the MPFI cars. Some of which we personally faced were:

• Most of the rural and sub-urban places we travelled in, had those leaded fuel outlets. Ours needed Unleaded fuel, which had thinner nozzle design also IIRC. This was a serious issue, and we used to fill up whenever the fuel dropped below half mark.
  • Cat-Con was known as a live bomb. People parked their cars, and looked underneath, if any dry grass or trash is touching the underbody.
  • Majority of the mechanics didn't know a thing about MPFI cars back then. Only after 2001, they warmed up to servicing MPFI cars.
  • Even Maruti didn't give us proper tools. The spark plug spanner which came with my car was actually of the older F8B model.
  • During those days, specially in rural areas, asking for petrol and battery was a common thing. When we visited our native place in 2000, some uncle requested us for fuel to start their abandoned Omni. No amount of siphoning worked, as it had some sort of mesh filter in the fuel filler neck. The uncle left disappointed, uttering such a useless car we had bought.
  • The neighbours still couldn't believe how the MPFI ones used to start at the turn of a key, whereas their Padminis and Carb 800s needed pulling and pushing a lot of stuff.
  • Also remember that unique exhaust smell which these E-II MPFI cars had?? Nostalgia!

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
Hi @Shashi sir,
Hats off to your patience and attention-to-detail. Your GG still looks as if it's just driven off the floor of the showroom.
Thanks!! No "sir" please, I am just 24. Keeping it in showroom condition and exceeding it is my only benchmark.

Quote:
What's the present odo reading BTW? I didn't find it in any of the previous updates too.
I was never sure of the odo reading, but always guessed it since the speedo was reset and repaired twice, as it wasn't working for almost 4 years. It was actually the issue of a faulty speedo cable, and not the speedometer, which was diagnosed and solved only by my current MASS. Still I got the odo estimated using the service records at dealership and MASS, and my guess is it has crossed 3 lac kms. The odo reading thus becomes 3,25,997 as of now.

The first lac kms was done in 2 years, the next lac took it more than 8 years. The third lac was done in around 7 years. I am now not using the 800 for any long trip, although she is mighty capable of doing one. Just couple of rounds around the neighbourhood. It's time she is given the rest she deserves.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 25th December 2017 at 20:55.
Leoshashi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 11:29   #339
BHPian

Quote:

Updates regarding some changed parts: Replaced some radiator hoses, as they were anyways 18 years old, and were showing some very minor cracks. Glad to see that they are still SGP. Awesome in quality, but expensive.

Replaced the HT wires too. They were also 18 years old. Notice the Sumitomo 1999 branding.

Sumitomo 2016 Japan Made SGP wires. Costs Rs. 4,140 for the whole set. Had the option of MGP too, which were priced at around Rs. 1,100, but were inferior in quality.
I too had a peek under my Omni's bonnet (or passenger seat), the HT wires reads SUMITOMO 2015. So it seems that my dad got the HT wires replaced in 2015, are these also SGP? If so what should the equivalent MGP part read?

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-ht-cable.jpg

I can also recall that we did get some radiator hoses replaced few years ago, some of them had SGP written on them. Its nice to see that even for a cheap car like Maruti Omni some parts are still SGP.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 5th January 2018 at 11:31.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 11:48   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I too had a peek under my Omni's bonnet (or passenger seat), the HT wires reads SUMITOMO 2015. So it seems that my dad got the HT wires replaced in 2015, are these also SGP? If so what should the equivalent MGP part read?

[
From what I have come to know so far, Sumitomo branded stuff is available in India in two types:

Maruti imports some in bulk, and its later packed here in India as per requirement and it's labelled as MGP(even though the cable is Made in Japan). For most of the older and commonly found cars like Old Esteem, Omni etc, this is what happens.

Some cables of not so common cars like say the 5 Speed 800, Baleno sedan etc, they are made and packed in Japan, labelled as SGP and sold here.

If the cable is Made in India, the equivalent cable reads Motherson Sumi . Its a Joint Venture.

Hope it helps.

Quote:

I can also recall that we did get some radiator hoses replaced few years ago, some of them had SGP written on them. Its nice to see that even for a cheap car like Maruti Omni some parts are still SGP.
Yes. The older you go, the higher chances of finding SGP spares for your car. Some cars like the Old Zen or the Gypsy still uses many body panels which are Made in Japan. Gypsy's doors are imported. They never localised it due to low sales.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 23:00   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest addition to my collection: 800's Supplementary manual.

Supplementary manuals are real fun, the illustration and depth is simply out of the world.

My collection. In addition to these, I also have a 1994 M800 Manual which I have given to BHPian sumitsinha0280 for his Type1's restoration.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222041.jpg

Content of the main manual. It's very useful for me

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222101.jpg

Content of the supplementary manual: Bible for carb owners.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222114.jpg

Wish we had such illustrative text books

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222131.jpg

Supplementary manual has a small section for Type 2 800

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222253.jpg

Type 2 came in September 1997

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222313.jpg

Differences, Type 1 vs Type 2

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222329.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222351.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20180107_222409.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 19:18   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

How to narrow down to the culprit when Check Engine Light/Malfunction Indicating Lamp comes on-Without SDT

Cars I checked on: Maruti 800 MPFI(both 4S & 5S) and Zen MPFI

There is a diagnosis port in the engine bay, with 6 terminals(2 dummy) and by shorting them in pairs, we can do different jobs. This is how it looks:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 4285
Size:  4.3 KB

Make sure key is not in ignition. Using a wire, we need to short B and D terminals. A & C are dummy, hence its easy to locate B. Or you may look for the notch.

Once the terminals are shorted, we bring the car in ignition mode(don't start) and notice the pattern of CEL flashing. The pattern can then be checked against this table, and we get the culprit.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-capture.jpg

Time for pictures:

The diagnosis port

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_164717067.jpg

Shorting the terminals

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_164947916.jpg

Video. You see, it flashes in pattern of 1 and 2, this means no error according to the table above. If say, it flashes in pattern of 1 and 5 then it means CMP sensor.

Since BHPian Saket77's Zen was at my place for a couple of days, I decided to check in his car too.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_151518643.jpg

Thanks to his DIYs, his engine bay is one confusing place. Also his previous MASS hadn't arranged the relays and port properly

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_165344238.jpg

Where is the port?

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_165349724.jpg

Okay, got it hiding behind the maze of wires

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_165435050.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_165422195.jpg

Shorting again

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_165529400.jpg

Video:

Arranged the relays, just as it should be

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180117_165903922.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 17th January 2018 at 19:19.
Leoshashi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 00:49   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Special thanks to BHPian ChiranjitP for sourcing these super rare exhaust tips and shipping them to me. One was installed in his Zen Deluxe.

These Chrome tips came in many limited edition Marutis of the last decade, starting with the Millennium edition Maruti 800, Zen 2 Door (Carbon and Steel), WagonR Primea, Zen Estilo sports etc. One of the most stolen parts, and it has been discontinued too. I remember noticing and drooling over them in my childhood, but by the time I attained my senses, it was discontinued.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180120_160200118.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180120_160154564.jpg

A video after installing:

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 22nd January 2018 at 00:52.
Leoshashi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 12:10   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Special thanks to BHPian ChiranjitP for sourcing these super rare exhaust tips and shipping them to me. One was installed in his Zen Deluxe.
I should also thank you Leoshashi, without you I wouldn't have known that such a part even existed & you also provided me the part number.

When I visited the MGP store with the part number, I didn't have very high hope of finding the Exhaust tips. The store manager then confirmed that they don't have the part & it is also discontinued. Then I asked him to do a live stock search in whole Assam hoping that some old stock might be available somewhere. The live stock search showed that some stock was there in Bongaigaon, Assam. Then I asked him, how many pieces were shown as available, to which he replied that two are shown as available.

The parts were available in a dealer owned service center, luckily for us they did sale the parts to a walk in customer without charging anything extra. The chrome exhaust tips seem to be from 2008, so the parts found their respective vehicles after spending nearly 10 years in warehouse.

Photos of both the chrome exhaust tips together

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img20180116wa0003.jpg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-p_20180117_102901.jpg
chiranjitp is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 21:00   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

True love knows no boundaries: Where there is a will, there has to be a way

We all know, M800 never got LHS air vent in India. Don't know what they saved, but we customers were at the receiving end. Heck, Mehran(M800 in Pakistan) doesn't get even the RHS one.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-screenshot_10.jpg

I have access to the LHD manual, but unfortunately for me, LHD never got type2 dashboard. This is what they got, both in type 1 and type 2. Just the steering wheel changed.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-20121113_dsc04322.jpg

Some people had tried to crudely fix the LHS vent, by cutting and somehow joining RHS vents to LHS.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-old-coin-holer.jpg

I absolutely hated that, and kept looking for OEM solution. Some days back, I came to know that only the Japanese car got vents on the LHS side. But this model was discontinued way back in 1989, so finding parts was a pain. Somehow managed to get hold of 4 vents(one for me, three for my friends). Don't even ask the cost incurred. Since when did this thread become sensible??

Pics of the SGP Vent: All the way from the Land of the rising Sun. Took around a month to come.

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img20180131wa0062.jpeg

The love of my life - A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed. EDIT: Gets export model features on Pg 27-img_20180131_194455963.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 31st January 2018 at 21:09.
Leoshashi is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks