Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 09:53   #106
BHPian

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

Would it be possible to negate the bumpy ride and lack of thigh support by getting a proper rear seat done?
Old 28th July 2016, 10:05   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Would it be possible to negate the bumpy ride and lack of thigh support by getting a proper rear seat done?
Under thigh support is not bad at rear. It is above average. Yes, this could have been better. I am not sure about after market seat options for rear. I never bothered to think about it as I have never been in rear seat till date .

Bumpy ride quality is something which I can live with. Thanks to a stiffer suspension, I get good handling and high speed stability at the expense of bumpy ride at slow speeds on bad roads. I have heard that Maruti is planning to come up with a solution.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 10:58   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Current ODO : 9800 KM

Car is doing really good except for minor rattling from rear left C pillar / Seat belt assembly area. Panamera shroud with led makes people turn heads . Pictures don't do justice because it's difficult to capture, thanks to brightness. Also I am planning to get new OEM type 55W ballast from Xenon Planet which has less than 5 seconds start up time. 3 rd free service should be done soon, before 10K KM.

Trying to capture panamera shroud in action :
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160804wa0005.jpg
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160804wa0004.jpg
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160804wa0003.jpg

Service cost estimator :
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-screenshot_20160804105659_com.grapes.nexa.png
Old 6th August 2016, 06:48   #109
BHPian

Hi Naren,

Though I am totally a OEM stock believer, the tasteful mods on your car is certainly appreciated. Seen some cool mods on Cochin roads.

The stock alloys looks great as per me. It goes well with the design. However when you add mods it seems out of place.

My silver zeta 1.2 has just crossed 21k now, I am tempted to change the alloys and tires once I cross 40k. I think the Apollo Tires have a lot to do with the firm ride. Lighter alloys and better tires should improve ride. However I would certainly wait for feedback from others on the forum who have upgraded the shoes.

20000km service cost me 3875rs. There is no replacement of transmission oil unlike earlier Maruti models. It need replacement only at 160000km.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 08:19   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi Naren,

Though I am totally a OEM stock believer, the tasteful mods on your car is certainly appreciated. Seen some cool mods on Cochin roads.

The stock alloys looks great as per me. It goes well with the design. However when you add mods it seems out of place.

My silver zeta 1.2 has just crossed 21k now, I am tempted to change the alloys and tires once I cross 40k. I think the Apollo Tires have a lot to do with the firm ride. Lighter alloys and better tires should improve ride. However I would certainly wait for feedback from others on the forum who have upgraded the shoes.
Thanks buddy!!

I am happy with stock Appolo Alnacs. I have reduced the tyre pressure by 3 PSI which helps in bettering the bumpy ride.

If you want a comfortable ride and good grip, go for Michelin tyres in same spec. Only drawback is these tyres have soft sidewall prone to damages on bad roads.

Why not Ciaz alloy wheels? It is a direct fit for Baleno and easy on pocket.
Old 24th August 2016, 07:37   #111

Hey drnaren
How much did it finally cost for the projector upgrade in your baleno ?

I am also planning for the following in my scross:

Mini super v2 projector
Premium XP HID bulbs
XP55 ballasts
Panamera shrouds

They have given me a quote of 24k for the above excluding installation ( 4.5k ). I think the quote given is on the higher side, therefore wanted to speak to you.

Thanks in advance
Old 24th August 2016, 10:07   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvkonchada View Post
I think the quote given is on the higher side, therefore wanted to speak to you.

Thanks in advance
Yes, the prices have been increased now. Anyways it's still cheaper than competition. You will definitely enjoy the upgrade with the setup mentioned above. I suggest you to consider Mini D2S 4.0 projector too (priced almost same as Mini super). Advantage with Mini D2S 4.0 is option of using OEM bulbs.
Old 30th August 2016, 20:50   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Current ODO : 9800 KM

Car is doing really good except for minor rattling from rear left C pillar / Seat belt assembly area. Panamera shroud with led makes people turn heads . Pictures don't do justice because it's difficult to capture, thanks to brightness. Also I am planning to get new OEM type 55W ballast from Xenon Planet which has less than 5 seconds start up time. 3 rd free service should be done soon, before 10K KM.

Trying to capture panamera shroud in action :
Attachment 1537993
Attachment 1537994
Attachment 1537995

Service cost estimator :
Attachment 1537996
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvkonchada View Post
Hey drnaren
How much did it finally cost for the projector upgrade in your baleno ?

I am also planning for the following in my scross:

Mini super v2 projector
Premium XP HID bulbs
XP55 ballasts
Panamera shrouds

They have given me a quote of 24k for the above excluding installation ( 4.5k ). I think the quote given is on the higher side, therefore wanted to speak to you.

Thanks in advance
I am about to receive Delta 1.2 in 1-2 weeks.
Currently in Wagon R, I am using FXR setup almost a year old. I wish to transfer it to Baleno, but have concerns regarding warranty and compatibility. Any feedback as on how service guys treat the mod ?
Old 30th August 2016, 20:59   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
I am about to receive Delta 1.2 in 1-2 weeks.
Currently in Wagon R, I am using FXR setup almost a year old. I wish to transfer it to Baleno, but have concerns regarding warranty and compatibility. Any feedback as on how service guys treat the mod ?
Warranty for headlights would be void once you open it for retrofit. Electrical warranty would be void only if any wires are cut. There was no cutting of stock wires in my case and no issues with warranty. But I would lose warranty for moisture, water inside headlamps.
Old 8th October 2016, 17:56   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : 10k KM Service Done!!

It's been more than a month since I updated the thread. There was nothing new to write about and car is doing good. I have completed 10k KM and got the 3rd free service done today. I took the car to KVR, Kasaragod and they did a good job. Engine oil and filter were changed. Air filter was cleaned. 4 tyre rotation was done. I did not do wheel alignment and balancing. Bill was just 1463 RS.

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20161008wa0033.jpg
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20161008wa0035.jpg
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20161008wa0038.jpg

I just noticed that this thread has more than 1 lakh views
Old 29th October 2016, 23:16   #116
BHPian

Hi Naren,

Your ridelooks great post the head light upgrades. My ride is nearing 30000kms of ownership exactly after one year of purchase. Apart from a newly developed tiny rattle from the rear, she is performing impeccably. Outstanding FE hovering around 19.5.
Tires are made of hard compound rubber I feel, the wear is about 50%. I plan to replace them in dec with softer Michelin's may be. 20k periodic service was 4.4k.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 09:38   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi Naren,

Your ridelooks great post the head light upgrades. My ride is nearing 30000kms of ownership exactly after one year of purchase. Apart from a newly developed tiny rattle from the rear, she is performing impeccably. Outstanding FE hovering around 19.5.
Tires are made of hard compound rubber I feel, the wear is about 50%. I plan to replace them in dec with softer Michelin's may be. 20k periodic service was 4.4k.
Thanks buddy!! Yes, the projector setup with smoked headlights have improved the looks . Panamera shrouds are bright and look really good from distance.

I have run around 11,000 KM and happy with stock tyres. Petrol cars service costs are lower than diesel. Also, Baleno petrol gives amazing FE. Overall it's a very practical car at VFM price.
Old 30th October 2016, 10:44   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Bumpy ride quality is something which I can live with. Thanks to a stiffer suspension, I get good handling and high speed stability at the expense of bumpy ride at slow speeds on bad roads. I have heard that Maruti is planning to come up with a solution.
Yeah, now that I have started driving my Mystique (Ray Blue Baleno) I am able to understand what you mean.

Suspension is stiff, and that is why handling is good after hitting a bump. Unpleasant for passengers though.
Driving at high speed is too good. Changing lane at 140 or 90, is the same experience. (not recommended)

Maruti is soon coming up, with solution, shocker and spring difference only, which will improve the quality. But, as I have discussed with someone, high speed stability remains uncompromised

I will choose to keep the current setup.

Last edited by Ashir : 30th October 2016 at 10:46.
Ashir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2016, 12:05   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashir View Post
Yeah, now that I have started driving my Mystique (Ray Blue Baleno) I am able to understand what you mean.

Suspension is stiff, and that is why handling is good after hitting a bump. Unpleasant for passengers though.
Driving at high speed is too good. Changing lane at 140 or 90, is the same experience. (not recommended)

Maruti is soon coming up, with solution, shocker and spring difference only, which will improve the quality. But, as I have discussed with someone, high speed stability remains uncompromised

I will choose to keep the current setup.
Yes, I agree. Handling and high speed stability is really good for such a light weight car.

I have been hearing about this suspension update by Maruti since few months. But Maruti has not given any official statement regarding it. What's your source buddy?
Old 30th October 2016, 12:10   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I agree. Handling and high speed stability is really good for such a light weight car.

I have been hearing about this suspension update by Maruti since few months. But Maruti has not given any official statement regarding it. What's your source buddy?
My source, lets settle with, is a friend from other OEM. Its trust worthy but I myself didn't wait for the changed setup

Edit: I don't expect any official statement to be released, since this change is not a defect/minor change.

Last edited by Ashir : 30th October 2016 at 12:12.
Ashir is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed