Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2016, 11:10   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

I have been using Mini Super Projector setup from Xenon Planet with 4300 K HID bulb. Since I was using 55W ballast, there was colour shift and it was more yellowish than white. I got new 5000 K HID bulbs and output is whiter now with more prominent blue tinge on cut off. I know 4300 K would have been more practical, but I compromised on it for better colours and looks.

These pics are taken in manual mode with low exposure. My phone just refuses to capture the cut off lines in Auto mode. Actual output is more brighter than seen in pics.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20161129wa0023.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20161129wa0044.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20161129wa0027.jpg  

Old 11th December 2016, 12:38   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

I have decided to upgrade my current projector setup in Baleno. I have been using Mini Super V2 in Baleno and AES setup in SX4. AES setup in SX4 is giving a lot of problems every now and then. So I have decided to change that setup and buy a good setup from Xenon Planet.

Thinking over it, I have come to a conclusion.

1. I will install Mini D2S 4.0 setup in Baleno. I will also get Panamera shroud with switchback function ( those leds turns amber with turn indicator). Panamera switchback shrouds were not available then and I had got normal Panamera shrouds.

2. I will replace AES setup in my SX4 with Mini Super setup from Baleno.

Mini D2S 4.0 is a better projector and has solid build quality. It would be more reliable on long term. So I have decided to install that in Baleno and put the Mini Super in 1.2 lakh KM run SX4.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 18:50   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove alone to Bangalore few days back in Baleno. Shiradi ghat roads were not in good shape. It was a good drive. Hassan to Nelmangala stretch is really nice and could do good speeds. I was aggressive on the pedal this time. I am really impressed with high speed stability of the car. Inspite of heavy right foot, I got decent FE figure of around 15 KMPL. I used to get 22-23 KMPL when I maintain constant speed and being gentle on the pedal.

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20170104wa0036.jpg

Also, I am visiting Xenon Planet to rectify some minor issues in Mini Super V2 projector setup. I had plans to upgrade to Mini D2s 4.0, which is on hold for now.
Old 7th January 2017, 10:05   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

I have got the minor issues of Mini Super Projector setup corrected from Xenon Planet. The issues were hot spot alignment and there was slight bowing of the cut off at edges. Hot spot was corrected by bulb seating and bowing was corrected by some fine tuning of the projector, say shield adjustment.

Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2136.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-dsc_2138.jpg  

Old 29th January 2017, 17:27   #125
BHPian

Hi Naren! Any idea on how much would the OEM projectors would cost. Since I am almost at the fag end of my warranty I may also consider the non OEM's if there is a considerable saving. I have crossed 35k Kms.
Old 29th January 2017, 21:00   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi Naren! Any idea on how much would the OEM projectors would cost. Since I am almost at the fag end of my warranty I may also consider the non OEM's if there is a considerable saving. I have crossed 35k Kms.
You cannot get only OEM projectors. But you can buy a pair of Alpha headlights. It would cost around 38K. BHPian Kashyap has installed Alpha headlights in his Zeta. But if you are ready to retrofit after market projectors, it's a better option. You can get a good setup within 25K. Remember OEM projector in Alpha has average output.
Old 2nd February 2017, 14:09   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Naren - How does the Guide Me Home lights function?

I did the initial setup as mentioned in the manual. But the lights don't turn on the moment I switch off the engine even when the headlight switch is in 'Auto' mode.
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:07   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Naren - How does the Guide Me Home lights function?

I did the initial setup as mentioned in the manual. But the lights don't turn on the moment I switch off the engine even when the headlight switch is in 'Auto' mode.
You need to pull the headlight stalk once ( towards your side) in auto mode after switching off the engine.

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:10   #129
BHPian

Quote:
You need to pull the headlight stalk once ( towards your side) in auto mode after switching off the engine.

Cheers!!
So, it doesn't turn on automatically? We need to pull the headlight stalk every-time we require this function is it?

Then, how does this this function in Audi's and Beemers?
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:14   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, it doesn't turn on automatically? We need to pull the headlight stalk every-time we require this function is it?

Yes, you have to pull the headlight stalk once in Baleno. I have no idea about this function on Audi and BMW. Lights will turn on automatically at night ( auto mode) when you unlock the car. But it's not the same for "guide me home ".

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd February 2017 at 15:15.
Old 2nd February 2017, 15:33   #131
BHPian

Quote:

In my figo the guide me home and lead to car lights are there by default and the lights turn on once I open the door after switching off the engine and go off when i either lock the vehicle with remote or after a few seconds automatically.
Old 3rd February 2017, 21:54   #132
BHPian

Quote:
You cannot get only OEM projectors.
OEM Alpha projectors are quite expensive but look nice.

Last edited by sureshkishore : 3rd February 2017 at 21:56.
Old 13th February 2017, 12:05   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
OEM Alpha projectors are quite expensive but look nice.
Expensive : Very much (As you need to buy full headlight assembly for around 40K)

Looks Nice : Yes, they do. Nothing can beat OEM looks!!

But the output?? : Above average. It cannot beat an after market projector which has clear lens and compatible with 55W ballasts.
Old 20th February 2017, 16:52   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

15000 KM Update :

Car is doing great and no issues to report. Engine feels little more better now. FE is just amazing. I take the car out at least twice a week, just to enjoy the sweet NA Petrol engine. Not to forget, I have 3 remapped diesels and it's a good change to fire up the Baleno and revv . I would keep this car bone stock for another year.
Old 16th April 2017, 11:01   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been almost 2 months since I have updated the thread. The car is doing well and no issues to report.

I am planning to remove the carbon fibre wrap done by local accessory shop. I will get Satin Black Wrap done from 3M.

Remap options for 1.2 Baleno :

I had contacted many tuners and most of them said cannot remap. Only Kiirus and Wolf said it's possible. Kiirus has remapped couple of Swift petrols and the ECU is same as Baleno. Wolf Moto has remapped a Ritz petrol recently and the owner has given positive feedback. The car revvs till 7000 RPM now. Kiirus is based out of Mumbai and 32K for NA petrol with minimal gains is not worth the price. Wolf charges only 15K for NA petrol remaps and I have decided to work with Rajiv. I hope it goes well
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks