Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 09:56   #31
BHPian

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
CONFUSION-SHOULD I SELL THE CAR?
I am very happy with my baleno except little bumpy ride on broken roads. My plan was to keep the car for atleast 4-5 years. But I am very confused since a week. I had bought petrol baleno considering other 2 high running diesel cars in my garage. I am getting a Renault kwid in couple of days. Also, I have got a irresistible offer for my baleno for 7.5 lakhs. I had paid almost the same amount 5 months back and driven 3000 kms. Baleno Zeta petrol has 6-8 months waiting period. Kwid will serve us for short trips and city runs. I use my remapped sx4 for highway drives. I am considering to sell my baleno and buy base variant 1.6 S Cross. It was my dream to own 1.6 multijet and was turned down only by pricing. Now maruti has officially reduced the price.
I think if u do not loose any money by selling the Baleno, then i guess u have a Win Win situation. Firstly u got to use the petrol Baleno brand new. And now u can fulfill your dream of a 1.6 Multi-jet. And looking at your garage i feel your more of a Torque chaser with your diesels. So i feel you should get a S Cross 1.6 in the same color as the Baleno and for god's sake, a new set of Alloys.
Rohit_Quad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 10:11   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
If you aren't facing any major monetary loss, then I don't see why you shouldn't go for the upgrade.
Yes, there is nil loss with selling baleno for 7.5 lakhs now. Car is just 5 months old. Also 2016 1.6 s cross is not readily available and 2015 stocks are almost sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
When the wallet and mind is not suffering, it is really easy to go with the heart.
Go for it, if the S-Cross is what you desire.
Yes, I agree buddy. I will take a final call in one or 2 weeks. I want to get kwid first and make sure it serves my purpose. Baleno is getting used only for short trips and I hope kwid will take care of it. I have got the loan approved for kwid and for s cross 1.6, I need to invest another 4.5 lakhs from pocket.

@Rohit_Quad

I second that buddy. I am used to driving torquey turbo diesel cars. Also I tend to remap my cars after warranty period. So baleno was not actually a decision from heart.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th March 2016 at 10:23.
Old 30th March 2016, 15:52   #33
BANNED

Quote:
CONFUSION-SHOULD I SELL THE CAR?
I am very happy with my baleno except little bumpy ride on broken roads. My plan was to keep the car for atleast 4-5 years. But I am very confused since a week. I had bought petrol baleno considering other 2 high running diesel cars in my garage. I am getting a Renault kwid in couple of days. Also, I have got a irresistible offer for my baleno for 7.5 lakhs. I had paid almost the same amount 5 months back and driven 3000 kms. Baleno Zeta petrol has 6-8 months waiting period. Kwid will serve us for short trips and city runs. I use my remapped sx4 for highway drives. I am considering to sell my baleno and buy base variant 1.6 S Cross. It was my dream to own 1.6 multijet and was turned down only by pricing. Now maruti has officially reduced the price.
My suggestion will be to go off the Kwid, sell both the SX4 and Baleno (as you are getting the purchase price even now!), to make money for the SCross 1.6.

Later, you can buy an Ignis Diesel for city use, when launched in this year end. IMO, even if you are a billionaire, there is no point in having 3-4 cars in your garage and lose money for insurance, maintenance and depreciation. Please show a kind heart to your poor neighbors, and nature!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 30th March 2016 at 15:59.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:00   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
My suggestion will be to go off the Kwid, sell both the SX4 and Baleno (as you are getting the purchase price even now!), to make money for the SCross 1.6.

Later, you can buy an Ignis for city use, when launched in this year end. There is no point in having 3-4 cars in your garage, even if you are a billionaire, IMO. Please show a kind heart to your poor neighbors, and nature!
There are 2 more cars in my garage. Maruti 800 and HM ambassador. Both are more than 25 years old and hardly used. I have spent a lot on sx4 and kind of emotionally attached to it. I survived a fatal crash in sx4 and recently got it remapped plus xenon projectors. I would sell my grand i10 instead. I can use the diesel tronic box in my grand for any other diesel car. Since 1.6 s cross is not readily available, I have time to decide. I would be getting kwid soon.
Old 30th March 2016, 16:11   #35
BANNED

Quote:
There are 2 more cars in my garage. Maruti 800 and HM ambassador. Both are more than 25 years old and hardly used. I have spent a lot on sx4 and kind of emotionally attached to it. I survived a fatal crash in sx4 and recently got it remapped plus xenon projectors. I would sell my grand i10 instead. I can use the diesel tronic box in my grand for any other diesel car. Since 1.6 s cross is not readily available, I have time to decide. I would be getting kwid soon.
I am not a person to give suggestion to this kind of motor madness, as I belong to the average Indian.

Enjoy your cars, drives and life!
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:18   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I survived a fatal crash in sx4

I hope you don't have a fatal crash, for that would mean you didn't make it out alive.
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 16:52   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I am not a person to give suggestion to this kind of motor madness, as I belong to the average Indian.

Enjoy your cars, drives and life!
I don't know if it's madness. Dad has got some attachment to 800 and ambassador and refuses to sell them. I have driven 1 lakh kms in my sx4. I just don't want to let go this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post

I hope you don't have a fatal crash, for that would mean you didn't make it out alive.
My bad! I meant it was a near fatal crash. You can see the details in my sx4 ownership review.
Cheers
Old 30th March 2016, 21:36   #38

Dr.Naren,

Congratulation on your Maruti Suzuki Baleno. As I am travelling to India very soon, I am looking forward to purchasing the Baleno in Kochi. From your review I understand that you have tried out all the models. I am looking at the AT version.

If you could, please help me with the queries below.

Is it worth buying the AT version compared to the other Petrol versions?
Does the AT version come with the touch screen display and electric start button? If it does not come with electric start button, can I ask the dealer to install the button for me?

Thanks in advance.
Singapore_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 21:48   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singapore_Drive View Post
Dr.Naren,

Congratulation on your Maruti Suzuki Baleno. As I am travelling to India very soon, I am looking forward to purchasing the Baleno in Kochi. From your review I understand that you have tried out all the models. I am looking at the AT version.

Does the AT version come with the touch screen display and electric start button? If it does not come with electric start button, can I ask the dealer to install the button for me?

Thanks in advance.
Baleno is available as CVT only in delta variant. It lacks many features present in zeta and alpha trims. There is no push button start and touch screen music system with navigation. But all the basic features are present in delta variant. CVT is known for rubber band effect and baleno is no exception. I drove CVT variant few weeks back. I did not like it, especially when you want to overtake. But it will serve the purpose of city drive and highway cruise. If you are all into driving, polo gt tsi is the best petrol automatic hatch.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 22:06   #40

Quote:
Baleno is available as CVT only in delta variant. It lacks many features present in zeta and alpha trims. There is no push button start and touch screen music system with navigation. But all the basic features are present in delta variant. CVT is known for rubber band effect and baleno is no exception. I drove CVT variant few weeks back. I did not like it, especially when you want to overtake. But it will serve the purpose of city drive and highway cruise. If you are all into driving, polo gt tsi is the best petrol automatic hatch.
Hi Dr.Naren

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am a big fan of Suzuki cars as I own a Swift currently in Singapore and like the low maintenance in Suzuki cars. I am also so used to Automatic Transmission now. Hence looking to buy the Baleno AT. It is sad that they do not include some of the features in the AT version.

Thank you once again for the reply.
Old 3rd April 2016, 18:33   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

FE UPDATE :
My dad went on a highway drive from mangalore-mysore-bangalore. FE using tankfull method was 21.2 kmpl for 350 kms. MID showed 21.8 kmpl. Dad is very impressed with FE figures and says it was more than our diesel cars on same road
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-1459688610001.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd April 2016 at 18:35.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 22:35   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

END OF MY CONFUSION
I was seriously considering selling my baleno and getting a base 1.6 S cross. Maruti has discontinued lower variants of s cross 1.6 now and alpha 1.6 is built on order. I checked the service costs and spare parts price of 1.6 s cross and it was highest compared to other maruti cars. Certain engine components cost a bomb compared to 1.3 engine. Also, my dad drove around 800 kms in last 4 days. This was the first major highway trip. Dad is in love with the car now. He is impressed with handling on ghats (coorg) and mainly fuel economy. He got an impressive figure of 23.7 kmpl for the trip back to mangalore via mysore. Mangalore-mysore-bangalore is our usual highway drive and previous best FE was 23 kmpl in my grand i10. Considering all this, I have decided not to sell the car and keep it for another 3-4 years
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20160406_222048.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 07:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Good decision Naren. Baleno is not a car you would regret in sometime to come. And its one of the best petrol premium hatch(performance-wise) one can buy currently in our country. Thanks for the detailed review. Am eyeing this variant itself only in blue color. Please keep the thread updated

Quote:
Dr.Naren,

Thanks in advance.
Now you have a Zeta AT. Launched yesterday. Though it misses touch-screen display(available only on Alpha), you have push button start & host of other features compared to Delta. You can find the announcement & discussion here
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:14   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Now you have a Zeta AT. Launched yesterday. Though it misses touch-screen display(available only on Alpha), you have push button start & host of other features compared to Delta. You can find the announcement & discussion here
Hi Soumen,

I have checked the details on carwale as I am not in India currently. The features of Zeta listed over at their site says push button to start is not available. However, I feel that instead of forking out another 60k just for Zeta version without much feature upgrade, it is best to go for the Delta AT version.

Is there anything other feature new compared to Delta version?

Request : Can someone do a comparison between Delta AT and Zeta AT version please? Thank you.
Old 7th April 2016, 11:05   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Soumen,

I have checked the details on carwale as I am not in India currently. The features of Zeta listed over at their site says push button to start is not available. However, I feel that instead of forking out another 60k just for Zeta version without much feature upgrade, it is best to go for the Delta AT version.

Is there anything other feature new compared to Delta version?

Request : Can someone do a comparison between Delta AT and Zeta AT version please? Thank you.
My suggestion is to go for Zeta buddy. Even I was confused between Delta and Zeta. But with 60k extra, you get a lot of features. Push button start is available in zeta for sure. Also you will get bigger tyres and alloys (which looks horrible though).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks