Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2017, 12:29   #136

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It's been almost 2 months since I have updated the thread. The car is doing well and no issues to report.

I am planning to remove the carbon fibre wrap done by local accessory shop. I will get Satin Black Wrap done from 3M.

Remap options for 1.2 Baleno :

I had contacted many tuners and most of them said cannot remap. Only Kiirus and Wolf said it's possible. Kiirus has remapped couple of Swift petrols and the ECU is same as Baleno. Wolf Moto has remapped a Ritz petrol recently and the owner has given positive feedback. The car revvs till 7000 RPM now. Kiirus is based out of Mumbai and 32K for NA petrol with minimal gains is not worth the price. Wolf charges only 15K for NA petrol remaps and I have decided to work with Rajiv. I hope it goes well
Wow that sounds really cool, it'll be interesting to see the gains for a Naturally aspirated engine. Can't wait for your next update.

In the mean time why don't you replace the stock air filter with a performance filter from K&N or BMC? I've heard that these air filters improve the overall performance of the car by improving the air flow.
BODHI25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 13:01   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODHI25 View Post
Wow that sounds really cool, it'll be interesting to see the gains for a Naturally aspirated engine. Can't wait for your next update.
Haha.. I am not expecting much gains. Wolf has remapped couple of NA petrol cars like Punto 1.2, Linea 1.4, Polo 1.2, Ritz 1.2, Palio 1.6 etc and he says that the cars responded well.

Quote:
In the mean time why don't you replace the stock air filter with a performance filter from K&N or BMC? I've heard that these air filters improve the overall performance of the car by improving the air flow.
I had checked. Nothing for Baleno 1.2!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 10:15   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

I was not using the car for long time. But, this has become my only car for next 6 months now

I got the Baleno to Mysore. I drove the car at night from Mangalore to Mysore. I left Mangalore at 2 AM and reached Mysore by 6 45 AM. FE was 18.5 kmpl. The roads were literally empty and also got a chance to test XP Mini super fully.

Since I was driving my S-Cross all these days, a small comparo

1. Handling of Baleno is better and feels more agile on corners

2. Lighter clutch, butter smooth gear shifts and sweet revving petrol.. Love it!!

3. What I badly miss is the torque and now I can't just press the A pedal and zoom haha.

4. Steering wheel leather, wiper and headlight stalks are more premium in Baleno

Parked outside Mysore home
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20170617_171644.jpg

A small video of XP Mini Super in action
Old 23rd June 2017, 14:33   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

The cabin air filter for Baleno is present from factory itself. It is very easy to access and clean on your own.

1. Remove the glove box

2. Remove the cabin air filter cover

3. Remove the filter, clean and put it back

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20170623_142151.jpg

The filter was not much dirty, few dead insects were present
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20170623_142036.jpg

BCM : Sumitomo Japan
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20170623_142415.jpg
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20170623_142525.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 22:19   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

My Baleno is October 2015 make and I had read many posts in Baleno FB group that Maruti has changed the suspension (especially rear shocks) under warranty. I also saw Maruti MTNL document which mentioned that design is modified and chassis number cut off was also mentioned. I too have observed bouncy ride in my Baleno.

I sent an email to Nexa asking them to replace the required parts under warranty. I got multiple calls after that from Nexa customer care, Maruti territory engineer / TSM and dealer works manager.

I was assured that the vendor has modified the design of only rear shock absorbers and that will be changed after inspection. The car is with my dad in hometown and I have asked him to take it to service centre. I am impressed with the overall support from Maruti Suzuki

Found this suspension replacement check-Sheet in Baleno Owners FB group :
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-fb_img_1501848807280.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th August 2017 at 22:20.
Old 5th August 2017, 12:57   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Rear shock absorbers : Replacement under Warranty approved!!

Dad had taken the car to service centre. They did a detailed inspection followed by road test. The bouncy ride quality was acknowledged and the dealer has ordered the parts. We should be getting it replaced next week. Dealer has not agreed to replace front suspension. But, they have assured to look into it if we are not happy even after rear shock absorbers replacement.
Old 6th August 2017, 21:12   #142
BHPian

Hi Naren,
During my 40k service my Service Centre had replaced my front struts and rear shocks. I had Complained about the firm ride earlier. The ride i noticed had improved marginally.
However the Baleno RS which has the newly designed suspension has a very supple ride in comparison.
Old 6th August 2017, 21:28   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi Naren,
During my 40k service my Service Centre had replaced my front struts and rear shocks. I had Complained about the firm ride earlier. The ride i noticed had improved marginally.
I have been informed that the vendor Monroe has changed the design of only rear shock absorbers. I am getting only the rear shocks replaced for now. I will email Nexa again if I am not satisfied
Old 6th August 2017, 21:38   #144
BHPian

I never had issues with the front suspension, it was the rear that had the firmness. Anyways it's better to check with the dealership/MS officials.
Old 7th August 2017, 23:09   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
During my 40k service my Service Centre had replaced my front struts and rear shocks.
Quote:
I never had issues with the front suspension
Maruti still replaced the front struts?? Even I have bouncy ride only at rear.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 7th August 2017 at 23:10.
Old 22nd August 2017, 00:15   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

I have no idea what exactly happened. According to my dad the car was inspected at dealership and bouncy ride quality was acknowledged. Later I got email from TSM saying that the suspension setup has no problems . I have exchanged multiple emails with TSM and Kochi regional office. The issue is not yet resolved and there is no clarity yet. I will wait for another 1 week and then escalate it to Maruti Head Office.
Old 30th August 2017, 11:08   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Update :

I have been assured resolution within 1 week. I got call from Nexa TSM saying that we have not forgotten you and they are doing backend analysis. Suspension replacement under warranty is not an easy affair. The customer has to be firm and keep on fighting
Old 9th September 2017, 13:17   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad had taken the car to service centre again today. Nexa TSM from Kochi had come to inspect the car. Road test was done and bouncy ride was acknowledged. We have asked for full suspension change as it's done in many other cars. They have asked us some time and assured that it would be done.

There are no defects in Baleno Suspension. Maruti has changed the design based on customer feedback in 2017 cars. The present suspension setup is slightly softer and it has better ride quality. I hope we get the full suspension replaced soon
Old 11th September 2017, 15:09   #149
BHPian

Hi Naren I have read your ownership experience in detail planning to replace my 10 year old santro with Baleno just have a few questions. There has complaints about poor rear seats and the steering not auto centring when you make turns. How is the build quality. Last but not least I am confused if the 1.5 lakh premium is worth for just the cvt
Old 11th September 2017, 16:01   #150
BHPian

I have the same car and I'll try to answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
There has complaints about poor rear seats
You mean problem with the rear suspension ? The seats are fine, tall passengers might feel inadequate with the under thigh support the seat provides but enough leg space. Good space management is one of the Baleno's strongest points.

The infamous suspension problem of the Baleno is well known, more so at the rear. There has been no official statement from Maruti but there is talk that the problem has been rectified in cars manufactured after late 2016 and 2017. So your purchase should be okay.

Quote:
and the steering not auto centring when you make turns.
It doesn't return most of the time, the car has be over a certain speed for the steering to return which is not possible when turning. The steering is very light, so this is something you'll have no problems getting used to.

Quote:
How is the build quality.
Not something that is going to impress. The metal sheet feels very thin and tinny but given the price range and the feature richness of the car, the build quality is something which will require you to compromise.

Quote:
Last but not least I am confused if the 1.5 lakh premium is worth for just the cvt
If you live in cities with choking traffic and are tried of the constant shifting and clutch use then get the automatic.

Last edited by tjacob : 11th September 2017 at 16:02.

Most Viewed