Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2019, 13:49   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I heard from Xenon Planet that they are willing to rectify the issues. The relay had gone bad. I have the same brand relay in my SX4. I just swapped the hid controller and it worked. So it was diagnosed to be faulty relay.

I was actually not expecting any customer support from Xenon Planet after bad experience with XP Micro setup in S-Cross. This was a surprisingly good experience.
Same issue for me.

Every monsoon, the wiring kit/relay harness conks off, and is turning to be a pain.

Car was just parked in rain, and it failed. I was managing by cleaning the fuse and replacing it when I got intermittent issues and finally one night it decided to conk off totally. Managed to drive back home with just fog lamps.

My car is on it’s third wiring harness in less than 3 years now. I was not charged only for the second one. Paid 1.5k for the third one today and was told that it has a one year warranty. Trying to find a solution for this repetitive issue as it’s a pain to face sudden failures in night!
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 19:34   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Same issue for me.

Every monsoon, the wiring kit/relay harness conks off, and is turning to be a pain.

My car is on it’s third wiring harness in less than 3 years now. I was not charged only for the second one. Paid 1.5k for the third one today and was told that it has a one year warranty. Trying to find a solution for this repetitive issue as it’s a pain to face sudden failures in night!
Sad to hear about your experience. If XP is not providing warranty, check out Blaze India. They sell the exactly same HID relay provided by XP at just Rs. 780. It's waterproof too.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 18:17   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Update from Wolf Moto:

Wolf has told me that they can remap Baleno 1.2 petrol without opening ECU. They can flash the map by just connecting to the ECU from outside. They would be also coming to my place in few days and assured that I will be given few more maps to test. Happy with their customer support. Hope I get satisfied with the map this time

Minor Issue:

The car done more than 32k kms. The cloth cover on the driver side door pad was coming out. The glue has dried up.

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190630wa0026.jpg

Planning to change the entire part, need to check the price. I need to replace the broken AC vents too.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th June 2019 at 18:20.
Old 30th June 2019, 18:19   #244
KMT
BHPian

What are the output figures you expect post next remap on a 1.2 petrol?

Last edited by KMT : 30th June 2019 at 18:21.
Old 30th June 2019, 18:24   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
What are the output figures you expect post next remap on a 1.2 petrol?
I am not expecting any big gains. But, I need to see at least some difference when I time the car. If the tuner claims he can add 8 HP, I would expect the car to accelerate at least 0.5 seconds faster
Old 30th June 2019, 18:35   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

The fix is common across all workshops. They fix a mesh using body sealant paste, on cabin's fresh air intake and rear vent(usually behind rear bumper).

This is how they do it here:

Attachment 1880096

Regards,
Shashi
I did the same with my WagonR but then the rats would get into the "cup shaped intake" and pee onto the AC filter

I ended up putting the same mesh on the outside after removing wipers and the plastic cover under the wiper arms (stuck mesh with silicon sealant on the edges)that stopped the rats from sitting "inside" the "cup" and peeing on the filter !
techn0l0gist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 19:02   #247
KMT
BHPian

Quote:
I am not expecting any big gains. But, I need to see at least some difference when I time the car. If the tuner claims he can add 8 HP, I would expect the car to accelerate at least 0.5 seconds faster
I drove the 1Ltr GDI Venue the other day and was plesantly surprised by the torque even at lowish rpm.
Without a turbo I have become resigned to the fact that the upside for increasing power/torque in an efi petrol is limited.
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 20:15   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
I drove the 1Ltr GDI Venue the other day and was plesantly surprised by the torque even at lowish rpm.
Without a turbo I have become resigned to the fact that the upside for increasing power/torque in an efi petrol is limited.
Yes, there is not much potential in just remap for most of the NA cars. But, some cars respond well if they are heavily detuned from the factory. Let's see how it goes
Old 1st July 2019, 22:38   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

This is what Dr. Naren did on Doctor's day

Interior foam cleaning
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190701wa0063.jpg

What was used ?
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190701wa0061.jpg

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190701wa0062.jpg

I got it for just Rs. 250 from Amazon. It's an all purpose foam cleaner and comes with a brush in-built on cap. I used it mainly to get rid of dust ( fabric seats are a pain ) and remove minor stains. Happy with the results except for a weird smell which started after few hours. It's not very unpleasant though.

More than half bottle was left and used it on a friend's scooter. Results were very impressive, he was shocked .

Before
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190701wa0040.jpg

WIP
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190701wa0042.jpg

After
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190701wa0041.jpg

I am planning to change steering column under warranty, though my car's VIN is not there on the list. But, I do find it "sticky" at times. Sadly, the door pad is not available as a part..need to change the entire door trim which doesn't make any sense cost wise. I will get it fixed or replaced with leather pads at some accessory shop.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st July 2019 at 22:42.
Dr.Naren is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 16:25   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: Wolf Remap

Rahul from Wolf Moto had come to Manipal. I got a new map.
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190711wa0043.jpg

Thanks to rains and wet roads, I have not timed the car. I will post the changes I observed on drive.

1. Throttle response is instant. It's very sharp.

2. I could notice minor improvement in low and mid range.

3. Top end feels very nice, engine loves to redline. 4500 to 6200 RPM is addictive .

What could have been better ?

1. There's no WOW feeling or massive difference post remap. Yes, I understand it's just 1.2 L NA petrol.

2. Wolf tuner, Rajiv has not lifted the revv limiter. 6200 RPM is too conservative for this brilliant K series engine which is super revv happy.

It was a good experience dealing with Mr. Rahul. He has taken Wolf dealership very recently and deals with areas from Calicut to Goa. Good for me indeed as he would visit Manipal frequently and I can experiment more maps .
Dr.Naren is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 12:49   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove around 200 kms yesterday. Car definitely feels better on new map, I am sure there is difference. The car had some lag whenever I shift at 6200 rpm, say no response for half a second and then engine pulls. This was present even in stock and previous Wolf maps. That lag has reduced by big margin now. Overall, I am satisfied. Thanks to Rajiv and Wolf team for excellent customer support. These guys make sure customer is happy and I am

Back to HQ
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190714wa0045.jpg

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190714wa0028.jpg

Would be driving my 200 HP S-Cross for next few weeks .
Dr.Naren is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 13:06   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti has to wake up and improve the plastic quality. Premium hatch back sounds like a joke now. It's almost 4 years since I got Baleno. I love the performance and handling, but the interior plastic quality sucks big time.

1. Broken AC vent knobs
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190815wa0024.jpg

2. Driver side door pad cloth came off
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190815wa0023.jpg

3. Both the lens of roof lamp just fell ( This was noticed when I got into the car today. It didn't happen while using it )
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20190815wa0025.jpg

I have got new driver and passenger side AC vents, need to install them. Door pad is not available as a part, I will get the old cloth fixed again or get some custom fabric / leather. Lens of roof lamp is available as a part, need to source them. It costs just Rs. 54 per side.

If not for poor plastic quality and light body shell which is super prone to dents, I really like the car.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th August 2019 at 13:13.
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 17:21   #253
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
I am also facing similar issue in my petrol baleno and raised this twice during service but they couldn't find anything wrong and found normal voltage values at power steering motor (I also checked alignment and wheel balancing, they were fine).
For me the issue happens while going through winding roads where I have to keep the steering at the same position for couple of seconds or more, when I try to return it to the center I get a small resistance and have to use additional force to get it moving.
Noticed similar issue in a Friend's Baleno delta 1.2 few days ago. We took it to MASS and they removed the EPS motor, did some greasing in the components connecting the motor to the steering shaft ( dont know the exact parts which were greased but will update after consulting the mechanic) and the steering became lighter than before. We were expecting a steering assembly replacement but it seems a simple greasing worked
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 19:34   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates:

1. AC vents replaced on both sides.

2. Front cabin light lens installed.

3. Sticky steering issue was diagnosed and the steering column has been ordered. As per service centre, availability is low and it could take more than a month to source the part.

4. The latest map from Wolf is really good and I can appreciate the difference now. Car is lot better above 100 kmph and I love to redline .

5. Handling + Looks upgrade ( lowering springs from Cobra Netherlands ) in transit !
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20190904_193409.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th September 2019 at 19:57.
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 10:48   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Updates:

5. Handling + Looks upgrade ( lowering springs from Cobra Netherlands ) in transit !
Wow. I shall wait for updates from your end.

I remember you sharing a picture of a Goa registered Baleno RS with Cobra lowering springs when we were discussing about the Baleno RS OEM front coil springs for my car.

Most Viewed