Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:45   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Possibly the rear seat folding latching mechanism. Eternal maruti problem from 800 to Zen to Wagon R to SWIFT. Shake the rear seat back rest vigorously and note for sounds. Maybe you can flip the left rear backrest forward, wrap some insulation tape over the latch and push it back into position.

Also the parcel shelf buffers. Same treatment as above. Jugaad !
I checked rear seat folding latch and also parcel tray. Rattle is localised to plastic panel of C pillar area.
Old 5th May 2016, 20:14   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

I got FE figure of 17.8 kmpl during my last 310 KM round trip to Kannur. Though it is NH, thick traffic was present. It took around 3.5 hours to drive just 120 KM. Still the FE is pretty good and I am planning to get 2 nd service done this week.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img_20160505_195739.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 19:44   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : 2nd free service

I got 2nd free service done today. It's just a mere inspection and wash. Car was delivered in 1 hour.

Total charges : Nil

I asked about the dent repair. Dealer said it's not possible to do PDR. He asked me to keep the car for a day for dent removal and painting. I am planning to visit Trend automobile for the same during my next visit to Bangalore.
Old 25th May 2016, 17:30   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven 6000 KM till date and very impressed with my Baleno. This car gives amazing FE. Worst FE I have ever got is 15 KMPL, thanks to spirited drive on hassan-bangalore highway. I got 24 KMPL on same road when I cruised at 100 KMPH. After driving 6000 KM, I have observed that gearshifts have become much smoother.
Old 25th May 2016, 21:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have driven 6000 KM till date and very impressed with my Baleno. This car gives amazing FE. Worst FE I have ever got is 15 KMPL, thanks to spirited drive on hassan-bangalore highway. I got 24 KMPL on same road when I cruised at 100 KMPH. After driving 6000 KM, I have observed that gearshifts have become much smoother.

Hello. Could you please comment on the stability on highways during your "spirited" drive. I have booked Alpha petrol and I am in the waiting list. Would like to know about the Baleno's stability from you. I drive a Getz petrol which is quite stable on highways, thanks to hydraulic steering. I am bit circumspect on Baleno's behavior on the highways, owing to lighter weight of the car. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.
autospeaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 23:33   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Hello. Could you please comment on the stability on highways during your "spirited" drive. I have booked Alpha petrol and I am in the waiting list. Would like to know about the Baleno's stability from you. I drive a Getz petrol which is quite stable on highways, thanks to hydraulic steering. I am bit circumspect on Baleno's behavior on the highways, owing to lighter weight of the car. Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.
I was really impressed with high speed stability of Baleno. I had concerns regarding light body weight. But straight line stability is really good. Car holds the line pretty well on corners too, but steering feel could have been better.

P.S : Visit any regular Maruti showroom and ask about Baleno. SA will try selling swift saying baleno is light weight and not stable above 100 KMPH etc. I have experienced this in atleast 3 Maruti showrooms.
Old 29th May 2016, 17:00   #67
BHPian

DrNaren,

I wanted to know whether driving the Baleno with the a/c on makes driving as easy as without it? Is there any loss of power that makes you feel like switching the a/c off?

I drive a santro and I feel it loses quite some pulling power with a/c on.
This is a major consideration for me when I plan to go for a Baleno.
Old 29th May 2016, 18:28   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
DrNaren,

I wanted to know whether driving the Baleno with the a/c on makes driving as easy as without it? Is there any loss of power that makes you feel like switching the a/c off?

I drive a santro and I feel it loses quite some pulling power with a/c on.
This is a major consideration for me when I plan to go for a Baleno.
There's no significant difference in power with AC On/Off. I find difference in my Kwid. I drive with AC on always in Baleno and there is no noticeable power drop.
Cheers!!
Old 30th May 2016, 13:36   #69
BHPian

Hi Naren. I saw on your other review thread for SCross that you are planning to put Ciaz's alloys on your Baleno. I think Ciaz's are R15 and Baleno's are R16. Are you planning on putting tires with more aspect ratio on the Baleno?
Old 30th May 2016, 14:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Hi Naren. I saw on your other review thread for SCross that you are planning to put Ciaz's alloys on your Baleno. I think Ciaz's are R15 and Baleno's are R16. Are you planning on putting tires with more aspect ratio on the Baleno?

Ciaz ZDI+ has R16 alloy wheels, which can be fit perfectly on the Baleno.
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 14:06   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Baleno Zeta and Alpha variants get 16 inch wheels and Ciaz alloys are direct swap. I saw a Baleno delivered with Ciaz alloys last week from Mandovi Nexa, Mangalore.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 14:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Baleno Zeta and Alpha variants get 16 inch wheels and Ciaz alloys are direct swap. I saw a Baleno delivered with Ciaz alloys last week from Mandovi Nexa, Mangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
Ciaz ZDI+ has R16 alloy wheels, which can be fit perfectly on the Baleno.
Hey thanks Naren and Akhil.
It would be great if i can get the alloys swapped before the delivery. Will try to negotiate with my dealer about the same.
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 22:25   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks Naren and Akhil.
It would be great if i can get the alloys swapped before the delivery. Will try to negotiate with my dealer about the same.
Dealer would not have any problem to install the alloy wheels of Ciaz. Only problem is about buyback of stock alloys.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:32   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer would not have any problem to install the alloy wheels of Ciaz. Only problem is about buyback of stock alloys.
Yeah. Looking for some Delta owners who would like to buy. But they need to have a bad taste of styling, if they intend to get these alloys for themselves.

I fear that i might have to sell the standard wheels at giveaway price, for their lack of styling.
Old 1st June 2016, 16:53   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. Looking for some Delta owners who would like to buy. But they need to have a bad taste of styling, if they intend to get these alloys for themselves.

I fear that i might have to sell the standard wheels at giveaway price, for their lack of styling.
Alloy wheel dealers atleast give decent price for Baleno alloys compared to S-Cross. My S-Cross stock alloys are still unsold. It would be great if you can find a buyer for stock alloys. Another option is to go for aftermarket alloys and you would get atleast 12 K for stock alloys.

Cheers!!

Most Viewed