Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2016, 16:56   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | Now Wolf'd | 6 years & 42,000 km done

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
A complete black wrap of the roof makes all cars look like 'headless", IMO. Either there should be a contrasting sunroof, roof rails or carrier.

IMO, Baleno is not a car which is mod-friendly. Unlike Swift, the design is very "sedate" and matured. You need to do a "photo-shopping" or "visualize" it yourself before you go for too-much mods, IMO. Keep rocking!
I agree that Swift is very mod friendly. I feel car looks much better after wrap. I am planning to smoke the headlights along with projector retrofit. Later I have plans to install Momo Revenge/Win Pro Evo. (I might end up painting stock alloys back /install Ciaz alloys, if I don't have adequate Vit M )
Old 28th June 2016, 20:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
(I might end up painting stock alloys back /install Ciaz alloys, if I don't have adequate Vit M )
Baleno RS which was showcased in Auto Expo had black alloys.
Whatever colour you put, they still look like wheelcaps

Ciaz alloys will not go well now, since you have a black wrap at top.
Also I feel , you should have left the spoiler from being wrapped and should have ended wrap just behind that edge after antenna.

Last edited by silverado : 28th June 2016 at 20:08.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 23:32   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Baleno RS which was showcased in Auto Expo had black alloys.
Whatever colour you put, they still look like wheelcaps

Ciaz alloys will not go well now, since you have a black wrap at top.
Also I feel , you should have left the spoiler from being wrapped and should have ended wrap just behind that edge after antenna.
I agree. But black alloys would definitely look better than stock. If i could manage enough funds, Momo alloys it would be.

Car looks much better in real than pics. I hope the wrap on ORVM and Spoiler doesn't peel off. 3M primer was used here, as wrap on curved surface has tendency to peel.
Old 29th June 2016, 16:32   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree. But black alloys would definitely look better than stock. If i could manage enough funds, Momo alloys it would be.

Car looks much better in real than pics. I hope the wrap on ORVM and Spoiler doesn't peel off. 3M primer was used here, as wrap on curved surface has tendency to peel.
Yes Sir, true. Wish Nexa had them as accessory option.
And I hope the recall thing is true for Suspension, since I feel ride is little harsh all round for such a big car. I assume its down to low profile of tyres and we will have to live with that harsh edge in ride.

Did you put those Door sills? i am hunting for seat covers planning to go for autofoam.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 17:06   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
And I hope the recall thing is true for Suspension, since I feel ride is little harsh all round for such a big car. I assume its down to low profile of tyres and we will have to live with that harsh edge in ride.

Did you put those Door sills? i am hunting for seat covers planning to go for autofoam.
I too hope Maruti sorts out the bumpy ride. Reducing the tyre pressure did help but ride is still bumpy on bad roads.

I still did not install those door sills which I bought online. I had totally forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding
Old 4th July 2016, 10:42   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven 7500 KM and car is doing very good. MID was showing 15 KMPL even inside Bangalore city. I got the Projector retrofit done in Bangalore. Now it's effortless to drive at night

DETAILS :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4008620
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 12:12   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

List of Modifications done till now :

1. Carbon fibre wrap on roof, spoiler and ORVM
2. Mini Super projector setup with Panamera shroud

Now what's missing is good alloy wheels. Even blackened stock alloys would look better than ugly stock alloys. I really wish to go for Momo alloys, but need to wait for few months to save enough VIT M.

Posting few pics clicked today. I have just crossed 8,000 KM.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160710wa0008.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160710wa0006.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160710wa0004.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160710wa0005.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160710wa0007.jpg  

Old 27th July 2016, 12:56   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

I had doubts about wrap on spoiler. Even installer had said it might peel off. I have noticed peeling at edges. Accessory guy has assured to wrap it again for free.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160727wa0014.jpg  

My Maruti-Suzuki Baleno Zeta Petrol | 8 years & 52000 km up | EDIT: Sold!-img20160727wa0013.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 14:40   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had doubts about wrap on spoiler. Even installer had said it might peel off. I have noticed peeling at edges. Accessory guy has assured to wrap it again for free.
That is shoddy work.
Where was it done?

3M does a good job on wraps.

A year since I got my car's grill and a XUV's grill as well wrapped and its still holding with no sign of peeling.
Old 27th July 2016, 14:49   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
That is shoddy work.
Where was it done?

3M does a good job on wraps.

A year since I got my car's grill and a XUV's grill as well wrapped and its still holding with no sign of peeling.
I got this done at a local accessory shop in Mangalore. Wrap is intact on ORVM and roof. Installer had expressed concerns about spoiler. They tried to wrap it in single piece.

3M Mangalore store wrap installation is just avera. I had got minor wrapping done from 3M in S-Cross. Now, I have noticed few bubbles and peeling at edges on ORVM. 3M wrap quality is really good and durable. But in Mangalore, I am not happy with their installation.

Spoiler is a difficult area to wrap, thanks to curvy surface. Now I am planning to get it done in 2 separate pieces.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th July 2016 at 14:51.
Old 27th July 2016, 14:57   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Spoiler is a difficult area to wrap, thanks to curvy surface. Now I am planning to get it done in 2 separate pieces.
It is to do with workmanship and practice than the place.

I got the spoiler on my car wrapped. It took time, but the work was good. They re-did which ever part I was not happy with.

I won't suggest doing it in two pieces mainly because the design on the wrap may not line up and it will look odd.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-kms-up-4.html
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 15:07   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It is to do with workmanship and practice than the place.

I got the spoiler on my car wrapped. It took time, but the work was good. They re-did which ever part I was not happy with.

I won't suggest doing it in two pieces mainly because the design on the wrap may not line up and it will look odd]
Yes, I am, not happy with wrap installation from 3M Mangalore. Other jobs by them are really good.

Did 3M wrap underside of the spoiler?

In Baleno, spoiler is attached to the body with the help of 2 bolts and 3M double sided tape. 3M had advised not to remove spoiler and wrap only upper part of spoiler.

Spoiler was removed in local accessory shop and wrapped in single piece. Present plan is to wrap top surface and half part of lower surface in single piece. Another piece will be used for other half of lower surface. Since the lower surface is not visible unless you specifically look into it, it wouldn't look bad, I hope.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th July 2016 at 15:13.
Old 27th July 2016, 15:19   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did 3M wrap underside of the spoiler?

In Baleno, spoiler is attached to the body with the help of 2 bolts and 3M double sided tape. 3M had advised not to remove spoiler and wrap only upper part of spoiler.
In my case, there is no actual underside to the spoiler since it is part of the hatch.

But the key was to leave some area of the wrap material on the underside so it could be stretched and then stuck which will then keep the wrap stuck well without any folds or crease.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 19:23   #104
BHPian

so did you guys fix the bumpy road issue,, going for a second Test drive tomorrow , at what speeds does it come , so that i can check how bad it is myself
Old 27th July 2016, 19:42   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
so did you guys fix the bumpy road issue,, going for a second Test drive tomorrow , at what speeds does it come , so that i can check how bad it is myself
Bumpy ride is more evident at rear when you drive on bad roads, speed breakers etc. I have reduced the tyre pressure by 3 PSI and it is better now. I am waiting for Maruti to come up with some solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks